Skeetendo

’Cause all games were better on the GBC

You are not logged in.

  • Index
  • → Help/Question
  • → [Pokered] Is it possible to reduce the character's walking speed?

#1 2017-09-11 21:54:38

CalvoMan
New member
From: Argentina
Registered: 2017-09-11
Post 1/4
Website

[Pokered] Is it possible to reduce the character's walking speed?

I'm making a video about Pokémon Black (the creepypasta) and I need to make Red look like an old man who walks half his normal speed. I've learned how to change some of the sprites, replacing some bug catchers with tombstones. But I have no idea about how speed works, I've looked into the code and googled as much as I could, and I don't understand anything.
Is this even possible? If so, what do I have to change?
Thanks for reading.


Sorry for the spanglish.

Offline

#2 2017-09-11 22:39:17

UberMedic7
Member
From: Greece
Registered: 2013-07-25
Post 60/74

Re: [Pokered] Is it possible to reduce the character's walking speed?

CalvoMan wrote:

I'm making a video about Pokémon Black (the creepypasta) and I need to make Red look like an old man who walks half his normal speed. I've learned how to change some of the sprites, replacing some bug catchers with tombstones. But I have no idea about how speed works, I've looked into the code and googled as much as I could, and I don't understand anything.
Is this even possible? If so, what do I have to change?
Thanks for reading.

I cant help you on the game but i can say that you could slow down the video at times to make it look like the walk is slow, just a thought.

Offline

#3 2017-09-12 14:33:02

Ax461
Member
Registered: 2016-10-24
Post 7/15

Re: [Pokered] Is it possible to reduce the character's walking speed?

I've done it in my hack, check it at https://github.com/Ax461/pokeblack

You have to set wNumHoFTeams to 1, then enter into a map

If you find any issues don't hesitate to ask me

Offline

#4 2017-09-12 18:52:09

CalvoMan
New member
From: Argentina
Registered: 2017-09-11
Post 2/4
Website

Re: [Pokered] Is it possible to reduce the character's walking speed?

Ax461 wrote:

I've done it in my hack, check it at https://github.com/Ax461/pokeblack

You have to set wNumHoFTeams to 1, then enter into a map

If you find any issues don't hesitate to ask me

And I thought making this rom hack wasn't possible. Nice work! I'll go to the topic of the hack and give you some thoughts. Also, I'll use it for the video if you don't mind, what I've done is light years from this.


Sorry for the spanglish.

Offline

#5 2017-09-12 19:38:25

Ax461
Member
Registered: 2016-10-24
Post 8/15

Re: [Pokered] Is it possible to reduce the character's walking speed?

Thanks, no problem for the video use ;)

You can join the project if you want to, even as a tester or just to give suggestions

Offline

#6 2017-09-12 19:55:06

CalvoMan
New member
From: Argentina
Registered: 2017-09-11
Post 3/4
Website

Re: [Pokered] Is it possible to reduce the character's walking speed?

Ax461 wrote:

Thanks, no problem for the video use ;)

You can join the project if you want to, even as a tester or just to give suggestions

You bet I will. I have some ideas. I also made a back sprite fo Ghost which, in my humble opinnion, looks better than the one you're using (no offense to whoever made it). I'll post in the topic as soon as I have time to write (it's going to be long).


Sorry for the spanglish.

Offline

  • Index
  • → Help/Question
  • → [Pokered] Is it possible to reduce the character's walking speed?

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB