Skeetendo

’Cause all games were better on the GBC

You are not logged in.

#51 2013-01-03 11:59:21

emaj30
Post 49/463
Website

Re: What happened to Twilight Hacking?

bam!its pretty good to know the doomsday of TH,though it sucks coz of hat,and the rise of this awesome site,i never imagined though that the history of this site was epic!im glad im a part of this site now,given that there are filipino members too!since my friend tries to hack firered which is too overrated,i felt a sudden shame for him since he's not doing pretty well with the hack but bragging it to me as a very promising "hack",so i decided to turn my back on firered and give gb/c hacking a shot and it did pretty well for me,i just learned many things with this site though i never manage to have a hack of my own but im still in the process of learning,so kudos for skeetendo,long live for this site and hope no one will ever try to bring it down,like hat did to th...

#52 2013-01-03 12:12:09

meanmrmustad
Post 24/38

HAAAT was funny, is he still around anywhere?

#53 2013-01-03 15:10:55

emaj30
Post 50/463
Website

i hope he was also doomed,shame on him,i think this site was only a fraction of what TH originally was,

#54 2013-01-03 23:18:31

emaj30
Post 56/463
Website

@kkj1116
well,pokemon was very popular here now and then,even adults get addicted with pokemon games,it struck the Philippines with a bang!and the game itself never gets old especially getting hacked time by time,and im not really turning back to any possibilities of hacking FR or any 3rd gen. Pokemon games or so,its just that im not that fond of competiting and the like to those great hacks out there,i just want to change the gameplay experience of 2nd gen pokemon,as for myself i should say,and yes some are amazing FR hacks but most of them are incomplete and a part of them i think a product of one day eagerness and the other day the whole interest was gone thingy,though not done only overnight but still abandoned?but since im a part of this now and then,i might make my own hack and publish it here if i manage to,also hacking gb/c pokemons are way more complicated than 3rd gen ones,i love the complicated things it brings to me,you'll learn much from it,especially hex and asm,than to rely solely on tools made for gba,right?

Last edited by emaj30 (2013-01-03 23:50:23)

#55 2013-01-10 20:23:15

Mr. Magius
Post 24/45

jwibagi wrote:
emaj30 wrote:

im glad im a part of this site now,given that there are filipino members too!

Is it me not having enough experience or is Pokemon wildly popular with Filipinos? My Filipino friend is also a huge Pokemon fan and there's quite a number of Filipinos on this forum alone.

emaj30 wrote:

since my friend tries to hack firered which is too overrated,i felt a sudden shame for him since he's not doing pretty well with the hack but bragging it to me as a very promising "hack",so i decided to turn my back on firered and give gb/c hacking a shot

I'd agree that FR hacking is overrated but you shouldn't dismiss a hack just because it's based on FR. Some FR hacks are amazing.

and it did pretty well for me,i just learned many things with this site though i never manage to have a hack of my own but im still in the process of learning,so kudos for skeetendo,long live for this site and hope no one will ever try to bring it down,like hat did to th...

Also agreed. Glad this site's up and glad I could learn a lot from it. Still learning actually.

Haha yes, I guess ROM hacking IS pretty popular among Filipino people for some reason. I'm half Filipino for instance, if that counts. Destinedjagold, one of the most renown GBA hackers who has actually completed at least 3 hacks, is also Filipino, and I've known many others. I don't know why...
And I wouldn't consider FR hacking 'overrated'... I for one am also a hacker of the GBA ROMs and simply put, the tools that were created make it much simpler and easier to create a complete game. A lot of people don't find much fun in sitting through hours of code to create the hack of their dreams. But with that said, there are probably a ton of hackers who hack the GBA games and have no idea that GB/C hacking even exists.

Anyway, we're all getting off-topic. I didn't even know this topic existed and looking back, there's a lot of stuff that completely blanked from my mind about TH. It's making me want to revive it even more, and I may just do that very soon. Lastly, I'm indebted to this site as well as TH. I've learned so much from all of the knowledgeable and genius minds of the members here. I'm so glad I'm a part of it all.

baah

#56 2013-01-10 22:35:30

emaj30
Post 140/463
Website

the heck!?djg is a...?watta!?anyway,thanks for the feedback mr magius,maybe you're too eager now to revive TH,i think it won't hurt to just revive it.

#57 2013-02-04 01:16:04

Hat
Post 1/118

Despite not being welcome here I have decided to give my explanation of what happened to Twilight Hacking. The staff here can respond to my presence and this post as they see fit.

The Twilight Hacking forum was started by Mr. Magius, after he and I had discussed making somewhere for GB/GBC hackers to gather. I was given administrator status as we had agreed and was active within that role whereas he dropped by occasionally.

Some time later I had things outside the forum to attend to which meant I could no longer actively continue the role. Thefore I had to find somebody else to fill the role temporarily since Mr. Magius was not that active. Mateo was the most active member besides myself so I gave him administrator status, stepping down from the role which I was to come back to later.

When I came back and was restored to my original status by Mateo I did make him a regular user, as he was only meant to be administrator temporarily. I changed some things in the forum like I had previously done when administrator, plus deleted users who had been registered for a long time but had not posted.

Mateo reacted negatively to being deprived of his temporary administrator status. He threatened he would leave, taking his content with him. Not wanting that to occur due to what appeared to be a misunderstanding I asked him to stay and made him a moderator which he then seemed fine with.

Clearly he was not satisfied as he then came up with the idea for people to go to Skeetendo instead. Seeing no point in having two forums for the same thing I did then delete much of Twilight Hacking. I must have assumed most users would have kept backups of their own work or anything they needed reference to, but apologise for any loss of valuable content that may have occurred.

Additional replies:
@Redstar: That "drinking blood" thing was merely a reference to some comments on your PC profile.
@IIMarckus: The ban was given at RHDN when I tried editing my old messages, the bumping of topics was unintentional.

#58 2013-02-04 01:44:43

Kuroko Aizawa
Post 283/499

^ Looks like we have both sides of the story now, some misunderstandings methinks?

#59 2013-02-04 02:09:24

Mateo
Post 2,260/3,578

As people who were around at the time will remember, we moved to skeetendo after evrything on the forum was deleted, and we had to look at google's cache of the board to recover all the information we could. But I'm not a staff member here anymore and I don't really care at this point. Its kind of whatever now. Who knows, maybe the host itself crashed somehow. All I know is we all tried to login one day and the board was gone, so we made a new board.

At this point, I'm cool with letting bygones be bygones.

Last edited by Mateo (2013-02-04 02:23:44)

#60 2013-02-04 02:27:12

emaj30
Post 214/463
Website

Wow! Hat IS now here! I should apologize too for saying alot of things against him on my earlier post here in this topic. I understood much of the story now. Merely a misunderstanding of some sort I should say. Hat, sorry for my words and welcome here on this forum.

@Mr. Magius
So, wanna resurrect TH anymore?

Last edited by emaj30 (2013-02-04 04:30:39)

#61 2013-02-04 04:04:48

Hat
Post 2/118

Mateo wrote:

At this point, I'm cool with letting bygones be bygones.

That's fine by me.

emaj30 wrote:

Hat, sorry for my words and welcome here on this forum.

No problem and thanks.

#62 2013-02-04 04:34:31

emaj30
Post 220/463
Website

Hat wrote:

No problem and thanks.

Welcome! So, case solved? Or maybe not?

#63 2013-02-04 15:59:13

kalel009
Post 43/63

dik confused!?
1) Mateo why arent u admin anymore?

2) WHAT IS TWILLIGTH HACKING?!

gaming is life.. Not a hobby

#64 2013-02-04 16:05:47

Mateo
Post 2,261/3,578

1 - I stepped down voluntarily for a few reasons, such as disagreement on the way the board should be administrated, in hopes of avoiding future conflicts (although when I announced it, it was in the wake of an argument with a normal member.

2 - Twilight Hacking is another board that used to be around. It had the same basic idea as this one, and a lot of the users and content here were originally on Twilight Hacking before we migrated here, which it turns out was most likely the reuslt of misunderstanding and miscommunication.

#65 2013-02-04 16:10:48

kalel009
Post 45/63

lmao 'migrated' sounds so funny, but okay i see, so therz ntng wrng wth ths form right?

gaming is life.. Not a hobby

#66 2013-02-04 16:12:45

Mateo
Post 2,264/3,578

Right, as far as I know there is nothing wrong with this forum.

#67 2013-02-04 20:09:32

Mr. Magius
Post 29/45

emaj30 wrote:

Wow! Hat IS now here! I should apologize too for saying alot of things against him on my earlier post here in this topic. I understood much of the story now. Merely a misunderstanding of some sort I should say. Hat, sorry for my words and welcome here on this forum.

@Mr. Magius
So, wanna resurrect TH anymore?

I'd still love to as it would be under my own preferred organization and administration. I wouldn't do it if the members here were AGAINST the opening of Twilight Hacking. Is that the case?

Oh, and hello Hat :)

Last edited by Mr. Magius (2013-02-04 20:10:32)

baah

#68 2013-02-04 22:10:45

Mateo
Post 2,266/3,578

It wouldn't bother me if it was re-opened. Can't speak for everyone, but I know I'm fine with it.

#69 2013-02-04 23:30:35

stag019
Idea Killer
Post 308/630

It seems to me that iimarckus is really only keeping this place open because he thinks this place is necessary, not because he wants to maintain it. Maybe it would be a good idea for someone else to take control.

That's just my opinion and I'd like to see what iimarckus's is though.

You can try to hide yourself in this world of pretend; when the paper's crumpled up, it can't be perfect again.

#70 2013-02-04 23:48:57

emaj30
Post 226/463
Website

But who else can do the job? Maybe some of us don't want to re-open  TH and others just don't know it either(just my opinion though) but it won't hurt to just try thus we can see what will be the outcome?

Last edited by emaj30 (2013-02-05 00:07:05)

#71 2013-02-05 00:13:10

Munchulax
Post 265/410

I think we need to wait for IIMarckus to state what he's thinking before we start deciding who could possibly take over for him.

“To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all.” ― Oscar Wilde

#72 2013-02-05 00:14:55

Mateo
Post 2,267/3,578

Munchulax wrote:

I think we need to wait for IIMarckus to state what he's thinking before we start deciding who could possibly take over for him.

Indeed.

#73 2013-02-05 00:47:46

Mr. Magius
Post 30/45

stag019 wrote:

It seems to me that iimarckus is really only keeping this place open because he thinks this place is necessary, not because he wants to maintain it. Maybe it would be a good idea for someone else to take control.

That's just my opinion and I'd like to see what iimarckus's is though.

Does it actually affect anything though? Whether he's driven to keep it open or not? I don't think Marckus would keep it open if he didn't want to, but I don't know the full story of the administration, so I'll stop there.

The only reason I'm re-opening Twilight Hacking is because I really want to. I want to get a close hacking community going of my own. I just want feedback so people don't absolutely hate me for opening something that doesn't "need" to be opened.

If you really feel the administration is lacking (I'm not criticising) or SOMETHING isn't to your liking, TH will be an alternate place to go. That's all.

Last edited by Mr. Magius (2013-02-05 00:49:15)

baah

#74 2013-02-05 01:06:45

Munchulax
Post 266/410

jwibagi wrote:

* I like your avatar choice.

* I like his signature. :P

Last edited by Munchulax (2013-02-05 01:07:15)

“To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all.” ― Oscar Wilde

#75 2013-02-05 01:24:02

emaj30
Post 227/463
Website

jwibagi wrote:

I don't/won't hate but..

Isn't this community close-knit enough already? Or maybe you meant to emphasize of my own.

I felt the same thing too but I don't see any problem with that. A place built under his own effort won't do any harm I think? It's kind of a "dream fulfilled" thing for him to host TH in my opinion?

Last edited by emaj30 (2013-02-05 01:31:07)

Board footer