Skeetendo

’Cause all games were better on the GBC

You are not logged in.

#151 2016-09-04 23:51:04

Luna
Post 3,376/3,665

Re: Pokémon Polished Crystal 2.2.0

Rangi wrote:

I don't think the battle code still supports Bait and Rock, it's just the menu code that's left. Maybe not.

I was thinking there was a bit more than that, although all that I specifically remember seeing was the untranslated menu data, and I know you've spent a lot more time in Pokecrystal than I have, since I mainly use Pokered, so you're probably right. Guess it wouldn't hurt to look, anyway, and if nothing else it probably wouldn't be too hard to port Bait and Rock from Pokered due to how flexible the disassemblies are.

I am not very active on this forum. I only pop in from time to time.

#152 2016-09-05 01:30:54

Rangi
Administrator
Post 161/984

Quick question: if I replaced one of these 254 moves with Aerial Ace, and made that TM40 instead of Defense Curl, which one should be removed? Looking for a second opinion because I'm through with making move spreadsheets.

Edit: Powder Snow might be a good choice. It has low distribution and could be merged with Icy Wind. Thoughts? Any ideas for a new move for Articuno, keeping symmetry with Zapdos and Moltres?

Last edited by Rangi (2016-09-05 01:39:44)

#153 2016-09-05 01:46:06

Mmmmmm
Post 92/261

Rangi wrote:

The Mart one says "I was hoping to buy some Safari Zone souvenirs, but they're not being sold any more…"

That's different than the text I see, so you must have.

ThROtHc.png

I think the still puddles on Faraway Island look bad. While they were also still in Gen 3, the rippling and splashing effects you got from walking through it and the reflections made them feel more animated. I know a reflection would be way too hard to get working on the Game Boy, but having the water splash upon stepping in it would probably improve it, and you already have something in-engine that's similar (there's an animation of rustling grass when you walk through it in GSC).

I beat Red! I had to spam Revives against a couple of his Pokémon due to being underleveled but I still won!
NFVsGCZ.png
rHaCRqZ.png

I know this isn't the end of the game, though, so I'll have to see where the MysticTicket takes me. I noticed you moved the Silver Wing (or is it the Rainbow Wing in Crystal? Either/or) out of Pewter, so I assume the Lawrence plot has to deal with Lugia and Ho-Oh.

EDIT: Replacing Powder Snow with just Icy Wind does sound like a good choice.

Last edited by Mmmmmm (2016-09-05 01:48:35)

#154 2016-09-05 02:03:49

Rangi
Administrator
Post 163/984

I know a reflection would be way too hard to get working on the Game Boy, but having the water splash upon stepping in it would probably improve it, and you already have something in-engine that's similar (there's an animation of rustling grass when you walk through it in GSC).

Ooh, that would be cool. I'll see it could be easily added, for 2.0.1 if not 2.0.

I beat Red! I had to spam Revives against a couple of his Pokémon due to being underleveled but I still won!

Good job! You really are underleveled, but I don't think Red needs to be harder—he already has max DVs, okay movesets and items, and the best AI that vanilla GSC can do. Which is still crap, but I'm not rewriting the whole trainer AI engine. Yet.

I noticed you moved the Silver Wing (or is it the Rainbow Wing in Crystal? Either/or) out of Pewter, so I assume the Lawrence plot has to deal with Lugia and Ho-Oh.

Yes. Frankly the Lawrence event is underdone; you have to catch all three legendary birds and then he'll be in Victory Road. I hoped people would infer that he was where Moltres used to be, and it's not like the vanilla games haven't had unintuitive events ("stay still for two whole minutes to encounter Regice!"), but his side plot will be better in 2.0.

Last edited by Rangi (2016-09-05 02:12:29)

#155 2016-09-05 02:17:34

metalflygon08
Post 12/62

You could get rid of Whirlwind, as in Single Player it's rather useless, or Meditate as it has really low distribution anyways, and with Bulk Up who needs it? or Egg Bomb since the Pokemon that all learn it don't need it anyways, or Spike Cannon since Pin Missle is a better version of the move, or one of the Conversions, or Octazooka as only Octillary and Horsea loose out, and they have better attacks anyways.

For the Pokemon that lose out on those moves you could just replace them with

Whirlwind: Gust or Twister
Meditate: Bulk Up
Egg Bomb: Swift or Return
Spike Cannon: Pin Missile
Conversion (1 or 2): Recover
Octazooka: Hydro Pump or Scald

If I may suggest a move animation for Aerial Ace, I'd recommend using False Swipe's animation, it has just enough flair to show it's a special kind of swipe. Speaking of Animations, for Astonish, is there any moves better than Flash to use animation for? I know why you chose it, but it really hurts the eyes to keep seeing it over an over again (and you will because of those bloody Zubats keeping me from running), perhaps use Leer for the animation? It's easier on the eyes and gets the point across still (of startling the other Pokemon).

I would also suggest perhaps replacing Dragon Rage in Charmeleon's level up moveset with Dragon Breath, facing one that is at the level it learns it at is very dangerous as it can take out way too much HP in one blow for the level it's at, as the Cool Trainer in Yellow Forest demonstrated to my team. It is something I've never understood why Game Freak keeps unchanged.

Last edited by metalflygon08 (2016-09-05 02:19:26)

#156 2016-09-05 02:39:44

Mmmmmm
Post 93/261

Oh wow Green was a real step up from Red, I had to use X Items to stand a chance. Actual final boss team:

nc9GnvA.png

I noticed Blue has one starter, Green has one starter, and Red has all three. Something seems off about that.

You're right about Lawrence being really underwhelming, but if you increased his presence in 2.0 it's all good. When he was first introduced I expected to run into him or people working with him all through Kanto, like a second villainous team, but even being as prominent as Eusine would be fine.

I assume I have to get all the Legendary beasts and fight Bill (since he mentions wanting to see all three) to get the Rainbow Wing, right? I want to do that, but I've never ran into Entei so I can't track him down. I'm just going to edit my save file to have Entei marked as "Seen" in the Pokédex so I can track it, but you might want to include something that marks Raikou and Entei in the Dex deliberately. I'd suggest either getting the mark from Eusine in Celadon, or getting it from Bill by looking at a computer in his house (like what you can do with the Eevee line in RBY).

#157 2016-09-05 02:55:00

Rangi
Administrator
Post 164/984

I noticed Blue has one starter, Green has one starter, and Red has all three. Something seems off about that.

Fair point. I think of Red as the Yellow-version Red who was gifted the other starters. But a certain other trainer in 2.0 has all three, which might be redundant. Any suggestions for replacements? If Green or Red has Lapras, the other should have… not Gyarados, there are many already… Omastar (revived fossil), or Kingler (anime Ash)? And maybe Hitmonlee (Fighting Dojo)? Something fairly powerful and non-arbitrary.

You're right about Lawrence being really underwhelming, but if you increased his presence in 2.0 it's all good. When he was first introduced I expected to run into him or people working with him all through Kanto, like a second villainous team, but even being as prominent as Eusine would be fine.

Eusine is an apt comparison. You run into him three times prior to battling him and getting the Wing.

I assume I have to get all the Legendary beasts and fight Bill (since he mentions wanting to see all three) to get the Rainbow Wing, right? I want to do that, but I've never ran into Entei so I can't track him down. I'm just going to edit my save file to have Entei marked as "Seen" in the Pokédex so I can track it, but you might want to include something that marks Raikou and Entei in the Dex deliberately. I'd suggest either getting the mark from Eusine in Celadon, or getting it from Bill by looking at a computer in his house (like what you can do with the Eevee line in RBY).

You talk to the Sage in Tin Tower, same as vanilla Crystal. And yes, I've already made Eusine in Celadon show you the remaining beasts.

Last edited by Rangi (2016-09-05 02:55:35)

#158 2016-09-05 02:56:26

FroggestSpirit
Post 276/300
Website

This hack looks really nice! Might have to throw it on 3DS, full color and wireless trading/battling works now

This isn't easy to say, but…
Music and ASM hacker

#159 2016-09-05 03:09:54

Luna
Post 3,377/3,665

Rangi wrote:

Fair point. I think of Red as the Yellow-version Red who was gifted the other starters. But a certain other trainer in 2.0 has all three, which might be redundant. Any suggestions for replacements? If Green or Red has Lapras, the other should have… not Gyarados, there are many already… Omastar (revived fossil), or Kingler (anime Ash)? And maybe Hitmonlee (Fighting Dojo)? Something fairly powerful and non-arbitrary.

I could come up with a few ideas, although the ones that were immediately coming to mind were more inspired by our discussion of a shared universe, so I wanted to see how much influence you wanted to allow from that before going too much into it.

#160 2016-09-05 03:29:38

Mmmmmm
Post 94/261

Caught Entei, Ho-Oh, and Mewtwo, rounding out all the Legendaries. Are there any special battles in 1.1.2 I missed besides Gym Leader rematches? I fought Lorelei, Agatha, Yellow, Green, Lawrence, and Bill, on top of everyone you fight in vanilla Crystal.

If I've fought everyone and caught all the Legendaries, I think I'm finished with the hack, since catching 'em all doesn't appeal to me too much in a beta. I really enjoyed my playthrough, and though there were a few issues here and there, I know you'll fix them later if you haven't already. Thanks for making this!

#161 2016-09-05 03:30:36

Rangi
Administrator
Post 165/984

I could come up with a few ideas, although the ones that were immediately coming to mind were more inspired by our discussion of a shared universe, so I wanted to see how much influence you wanted to allow from that before going too much into it.

That would be fine! What do you have in mind? I'd be okay with swapping some Pokémon between Red and Green too, like if Red has Lapras (since he does in HG/SS). Green's team should have an overall cheerier theme to it, so e.g. if it were Lapras and Gyarados, Red would get the Gyarados. I was a bit inspired by Twitch Plays Pokémon: her Mew is meant as a Mew glitch reference, but could also be TPP's Marc. (When they played randomized FR/LG, the female protagonist ended up as a sort of researcher/detective.)

Edit: Okay, the Cinnabar Volcano music (Mt. Pyre) is suddenly silent. I suspect another ROMbank bug. I had some large sections for maps, pictures, and music that were just declared "ROMX", which I've moved to explicit banks now that deleting the mobile code freed some up, but that isn't fixing it. Sigh...

Is there really no way to see how full each bank is? Maybe a script could analyze the ROM binary and do it?

Edit 2: The tracks right before and after it in the section work... I may just have to shuffle things around until it works and hope that I didn't introduce some other bug that pops up halfway through the game.

Are there any special battles in 1.1.2 I missed besides Gym Leader rematches? I fought Lorelei, Agatha, Yellow, Green, Lawrence, and Bill, on top of everyone you fight in vanilla Crystal.

In 1.1.2, that's everyone. In 2.0... there are pretty many more. :)

If I've fought everyone and caught all the Legendaries, I think I'm finished with the hack, since catching 'em all doesn't appeal to me too much in a beta. I really enjoyed my playthrough, and though there were a few issues here and there, I know you'll fix them later if you haven't already. Thanks for making this!

Thank you for playing it! I can understanding not wanting to complete the Pokédex, I only did that once even with the official games. But do try in 2.0 to catch all the Unown.

Last edited by Rangi (2016-09-05 04:16:25)

#162 2016-09-05 04:19:43

Luna
Post 3,378/3,665

Rangi wrote:

That would be fine! What do you have in mind? I'd be okay with swapping some Pokémon between Red and Green too, like if Red has Lapras (since he does in HG/SS). Green's team should have an overall cheerier theme to it, so e.g. if it were Lapras and Gyarados, Red would get the Gyarados. I was a bit inspired by Twitch Plays Pokémon: her Mew is meant as a Mew glitch reference, but could also be TPP's Marc. (When they played randomized FR/LG, the female protagonist ended up as a sort of researcher/detective.)

A few ideas off top of my head:

- Keep Mew, for sure. Since Faraway Island is in Red++ and Polished Crystal, it wouldn't even have to be a Mew Glitch reference to fit, and it makes sense as a final boss battle.
- Give one of the Pallet Town Trio (Probably Blue) a Red Gyarados if possible. In v3.0 of Red++, the Magikarp sold by the "shady guy" outside Mt. Moon is going to be shiny (it just isn't yet). I know that would take some changes to the way trainer DVs work, since currently they are per-class, not per-pokemon, and having a whole shiny team wouldn't make sense for anyone except a Rich Boy/Girl or a Pokemon Breeder trainer. I say Blue for this, since he has had a Gyarados in his teams in the past, and I see he has more than one encounter here, so he could have it in one and not the other. That said, your idea of giving Red the Gyarados would add an extra layer of appropriateness if it was a Red Gyarados.
- On the starter issue, I don't really see it as being too much as a problem for Red to have one of all three. Just like Yellow, Red++ allows the player to get all three of the starters without trading with another player, so I feel like even without the shared universe, it would make sense. Not to mention both Polished Crystal and Red++ have breeding, so the three of them could have traded among themselves to get the others, and only Red kept them on his final team.
- I sort of vote for giving each of them a revived fossil, since there are 3 Kanto fossils and 3 trainers from Pallet. I have no strong preference as to who gets which one, I would leave that up to you in balancing the teams. It would also be ok if one was used more than once, since the games always implied there were more than just 1 of each fossil, and Red++ allows you to buy them in the Gift Shop at Mt. Moon Square as well.
- Possibly use one or two Johto Pokemon on their teams. Red has been training in Johto anyway when you find him, so it would be fitting that he might have one. I know he has Espeon, but since Blue has a Tyranitar, it wouldn't be out of place to give the others something in that vein as well. All the Gen 2 Pokemon that were native to Kanto would also make sense, since they can be found there in both Polished Crystal and Red++. It would be believable for someone to have a Honchkrow for example. Weavile would also be a cool addition to one of their teams, since Red++ has Sneasel as an in-game trade in Kanto as well.

Those are the first ideas that come to mind regarding changes to their teams, as vague as they are for now. More may come to me later, probably one or two will come to mind as soon as I post this, since that's how these things always seem to go. In general, the teams seem fine as they are, but these were just a few ideas that might diversify them a bit while fitting in with the accepted canon.

I feel like whichever teams you give them in the end will also influence which teams Red/Green end up with in v3.0 of Red++. Right now, whichever player you don't choose simply doesn't exist, but I was planning to add them as a second friendly rival (much like you did with Lyra) who would take whichever starter you and Blue chose not to. I haven't decided on their end-game teams yet though, as I'm still finishing up v2.4 tweaks and fixes right now, so v3.0 stuff is on the back burner.

Side note, I saw you removed Sharpen. I tended to use it in place of moves like Hone Claws that were basically the same move, so other Pokemon could get an attack boost in the same way they do in later games. I wasn't sure how it would go over at first, but every LP has seemed to pretty much immediately understand "oh, he's sharpening his claws" or whatever. Not really saying put it back in, just sort of a "if you somehow end up putting it back, you could make it useful" and stuff.

#163 2016-09-05 04:27:27

Mmmmmm
Post 95/261

Mateo wrote:

I know that would take some changes to the way trainer DVs work, since currently they are per-class, not per-pokemon

One of Lance's Dragonite in Polished Crystal is shiny while the rest of his team isn't, so I think Rangi already accomodated for that.

#164 2016-09-05 04:39:56

Luna
Post 3,379/3,665

Mmmmmm wrote:
Mateo wrote:

I know that would take some changes to the way trainer DVs work, since currently they are per-class, not per-pokemon

One of Lance's Dragonite in Polished Crystal is shiny while the rest of his team isn't, so I think Rangi already accomodated for that.

Ah, hadn't caught that. I've been waiting for v2 to give it a proper playthrough, just been following the thread and github so far (and was without internet for a while, so not surprised I missed it lol). But yeah, in that case, it would be especially doable, since it wouldn't take any extra work just for a Shiny Gyarados. Cool.

#165 2016-09-05 05:01:06

Rangi
Administrator
Post 166/984

Give one of the Pallet Town Trio (Probably Blue) a Red Gyarados if possible. In v3.0 of Red++, the Magikarp sold by the "shady guy" outside Mt. Moon is going to be shiny (it just isn't yet). I know that would take some changes to the way trainer DVs work, since currently they are per-class, not per-pokemon, and having a whole shiny team wouldn't make sense for anyone except a Rich Boy/Girl or a Pokemon Breeder trainer.

Already possible. :D Giving Red a Red Gyarados would work very well, since Blue has his Blastoise. Clair, Lance, and Palmer also have one, which isn't too much. If Blue still had one too that would be excessive. (I guess Gold wouldn't have Red Gyarados in a post-GSC hack then. He could have an Odd Egg shiny instead.)

I recently added Breeders with babies and Ditto, and giving them shinies would also be neat.

For the fossils, I'd go with Red=Omastar (praise Helix), Blue=Kabutops (more vicious-looking), Green=Aerodactyl (the odd one out). And Gyarados and Aerodactyl should be apart, since Lance already has both.

Type analysis doesn't show any major shared weaknesses for {Pikachu, Charizard, Espeon, Snorlax, Omastar, Gyarados} or {Venusaur, Mew, Moltres, Sylveon, Aerodactyl, Lapras}.

On the starter issue, I don't really see it as being too much as a problem for Red to have one of all three.

Yeah, but in 2.0 someone else has all three. (Can't do spoiler tags here?)

Side note, I saw you removed Sharpen.

Yes, with Dragon Dance and Bulk Up available there's less need for it. Though now I'm tempted to replace something with Hone Claws.

Last edited by Rangi (2016-09-05 05:19:09)

#166 2016-09-05 05:01:16

metalflygon08
Post 13/62

Just beat Pryce and I'd like to make a suggestion or two,

perhaps spice up the variety in the gym? I went in with my Growlithe (can't find a Fire Stone) and expected him to earn a lot of EXP, but all but 2 trainers are packing nothing but Water/Ice types, maybe sprinkle a few more Swinub and Piloswine around as well as a Sneasel or two? Especially since Pryce's ace is now a Mammoswine, seeing a Piloswine in the gym would help see the entire family.

I'd take the Boarder on the left corner and replace one of his Water/Ice types with a Sneasel.

I'd take the Skier on the right corner (I believe she is the one with 1 Pokemon) and swap that to Piloswine.

Pryce could also use some variety, as 7th Gym Leader I felt the Shellder and Seel were to weak, and added too many Water Weaknesses to his team (I ended up sweeping with Leafeon in the end) perhaps give him a team of: Sneasel (with Rain Dance as a lead), Piloswine, Lapras, Jynx, Dewgong, Mammoswine. That way he still has answers to someone planning to sweep with a Fire type, but not completely shut down fire types.

#167 2016-09-05 05:09:09

Rangi
Administrator
Post 167/984

Just beat Pryce and I'd like to make a suggestion or two,

Thank you, those are good ideas. Pryce has Piloswine and Mamoswine in 2.0, but I added Rain Dance to his lead Dewgong. No Jynx, since that's Lorelei's signature.

Bill's grandpa gives you a Fire Stone, or Schoolboy Alan on Route 36 (same as in vanilla Crystal).

#168 2016-09-05 05:45:53

Luna
Post 3,380/3,665

Already possible. :D Giving Red a Red Gyarados would work very well, since Blue has his Blastoise. Clair, Lance, and Palmer also have one, which isn't too much. If Blue still had one too that would be excessive. (I guess Gold wouldn't have Red Gyarados in a post-GSC hack then. He could have an Odd Egg shiny instead.)

Gold could still have one in a sequel, since he would still encounter the one at Lake of Rage. Red's would be the one he bought outside of Mt. Moon as a Magikarp, after all. Unless the issue wasn't a second Red Gyarados in the sequel, but the male player having them both times, in which case it could easily go to one of the others haha.

I recently added Breeders with babies and Ditto, and giving them shinies would also be neat.

Shinies, and maybe a few with perfect DVs would be cool as well, since those are both things people spend a lot of time breeding for IRL.

For the fossils, I'd go with Red=Omastar (praise Helix), Blue=Kabutops (more vicious-looking), Green=Aerodactyl (the odd one out). And Gyarados and Aerodactyl should be apart, since Lance already has both.

Type analysis doesn't show any major shared weaknesses for {Pikachu, Charizard, Espeon, Snorlax, Omastar, Gyarados} or {Venusaur, Mew, Moltres, Sylveon, Aerodactyl, Lapras}.

Sounds good to me!

Yeah, but in 2.0 someone else has all three. (Can't do spoiler tags here?)

Yeah, there are no spoiler tags here for one reason or another. And if another trainer has all three, no sense in being redundant, of course. I just didn't see a problem with it canonically happening was all. :)

Yes, with Dragon Dance and Bulk Up available there's less need for it. Though now I'm tempted to replace something with Hone Claws.

I'm sure a few Pokemon would benefit from it. But moves are always something that requires a lot of thought to balance (something I should have spent more time on in Red++, but when I originally added the new moves, I had no idea it was going to get much attention at all, so I didn't put as much though in as I should have, which will be fixed in 3.0 since save compatibility won't be a concern).

#169 2016-09-05 15:57:02

Rangi
Administrator
Post 168/984

How does this sound for revamping moves:

• Water Gun → Water Pulse (Bubble has equal power as of Gen VI, I gave some Pokémon Bubble or Water Gun in place of Water Pulse anyway, and Pulse is more useful)
• Powder Snow → Ice Shard (a physical low-power Ice-type move to complement special Icy Wind)
• Comet Punch → Aerial Ace (exclusive to Hitmonchan, Kangaskhan, and Ledyba, and they'll all appreciate Aerial Ace more anyway)

With those changes, here's how the overall distribution would go:

Normal: 29 physical + 4 special + 1 fixed (Sonic Boom) + 3 variable = 37
Fighting: 11 physical + 1 special (Focus Blast) + 1 fixed (Seismic Toss) + 2 variable = 15
Water: 3 physical + 8 special = 11
Flying: 6 physical + 4 special = 10
Psychic: 1 physical (Zen Headbutt) + 7 special + 1 variable (Mirror Coat) = 9
Fire: 4 physical + 4 special = 8
Grass: 3 physical + 5 special + 8
Ice: 4 physical + 4 special = 8
Bug: 6 physical + 1 special (Bug Buzz) = 7
Dark: 6 physical + 1 special (Dark Pulse) = 7
Electric: 3 physical + 4 special = 7
Steel: 6 physical + 1 special (Flash Cannon) = 7
Dragon: 1 physical (Dragon Claw) + 4 special + 1 fixed (Dragon Rage) = 6
Fairy: 1 physical (Play Rough) + 5 special = 6
Ghost: 3 physical + 2 special + 1 fixed (Night Shade) = 6
Ground: 3 physical + 2 special + 1 variable (Magnitude) = 6
Poison: 3 physical + 3 special = 6
Rock: 4 physical + 2 special = 6

I've made sure that each type has at least one good move in both categories, and counts look roughly proportional to number of species. (Not many Fighting-type Pokémon, but the moves themselves can be done by any Pokémon with limbs.)

#170 2016-09-05 16:31:49

metalflygon08
Post 14/62

I think replacing Bubble instead would work, Water Gun's an iconic move and we already have Bubblebeam as a decent Bubble Based Battle move.

Have you considered adding Brave Bird to the game too? It gives flying types a great power move which the Legendary Birds wold like as well as others like Skarmory or Honchkrow. It could make a good "Power Move" for the birds to share if the legendary beasts all get Extreme Speed as a "Power Move" themselves (don't know if they do or not, just happened upon Raikou and added it to my team this morning).

You could even use the animation for Sky Attack since it's a bird dive bombing the enemy.

Last edited by metalflygon08 (2016-09-05 16:35:42)

#171 2016-09-05 16:37:02

Rangi
Administrator
Post 169/984

I think replacing Bubble instead would work, Water Gun's an iconic move and we already have Bubblebeam as a decent Bubble Based Battle move.

Good point. Should Water Gun lower Speed like Bubble in the non-Faithful version? Since the equivalents Ember, Absorb, and Thundershock do something extra.

I added Hurricane as a powerful special Flying move, for Pidgeot and the legendary birds.

Last edited by Rangi (2016-09-05 16:39:11)

#172 2016-09-05 16:40:23

Luna
Post 3,381/3,665

I think that would be a good idea for the non-faithful version. Or, and this is just a random idea, what if it had a chance to lower Special Defense instead?

#173 2016-09-05 17:17:16

Pokemaster
Post 20/40

Isn't it better to add poison spikes instead of spikes, well if you can it would be better for poison types users.
Trainers who uses spikes simply waste their turn as it doesn't bother much.
Apart from it for an fighting type move are you thinking to add aura sphere.(well actually i like this move but you hadn't put lucario so it's ok if you don't)

#174 2016-09-05 17:47:24

Rangi
Administrator
Post 170/984

Argh. I finally narrowed down the music bug, though it isn't solved yet.

Here it is: music with ID 64 (decimal 100) gets replaced by ID 48 (decimal 72).

I don't know why. Haven't noticed it before, but that could be coincidence. For now I just moved a not-yet-used track to that ID. I didn't actually check every song, so maybe there are other bugs. And before I started Tetrising the music files into fewer sections (partly by removing some unused ones), the bug was that one track got replaced by silence.

Anyway. Please listen for messed-up music when 2.0 comes out.

what if it had a chance to lower Special Defense instead?

If it lowers Speed, it'll be more like a Bubble substitute. More predictable than a completely original effect.

Isn't it better to add poison spikes instead of spikes, well if you can it would be better for poison types users.

Maybe so.

Apart from it for an fighting type move are you thinking to add aura sphere.

No, I rejected moves like Aura Sphere, Sky Uppercut, Draco Meteor, etc, because they're cool but very few Pokémon learn them.

#175 2016-09-05 21:39:53

Rangi
Administrator
Post 171/984

Okay, I'll be adding Hail in place of Conversion if it doesn't take too long to code, and would also like to add either Energy Ball or Charge Beam in place of Meditate. Any preferences+rationale? Grass doesn't actually have a plain reliable special attack yet, but while Electric has Thunderbolt, Charge Beam has a useful effect. And Octillery can use either. :)

Edit: One more idea. Combine Leer and Tail Whip and add Hone Claws. Do people care about the flavor difference? If not, which should stay?

Last edited by Rangi (2016-09-05 22:26:31)

Board footer