Skeetendo

’Cause all games were better on the GBC

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-11-14 02:58:27

hacker
Member
From: Batam Grove City
Registered: 2011-07-30
Post 525/547
Website

Editing Music GSC

I was done to make Deoxys battle song with midi format, 4channels only, and I do some tutorial here how to insert it..
But there one think that makes me confuse @@

Can anyone explain how to repoint to the new music? please answer..
I want change the New game/Continue song, I was change its XX YY ZZ to pointer of my new song that I place on $1E4000, but when I open my rom and the song is going to glitch..
please guys, answer me..
3years not editing Pokemon, and now I kinda forgot about it.


[POKÉMON JOURNEY] hacking planning 2012
Visit my website  www.pokemonhackingblog.blogspot.com

Offline

#2 2015-11-14 22:30:16

Miksy91
Member
Registered: 2010-10-16
Post 2,207/2,311

Re: Editing Music GSC

For $1E4000, rom bank is that divided by 0x4000 and the pointer itself is "00 40". You're probably supposed to insert that 00 40 as XX YY and the rom bank as ZZ.

Offline

#3 2015-11-15 15:53:21

Halfshadow
Member
From: Italy - Lucca
Registered: 2012-04-24
Post 94/193

Re: Editing Music GSC

Is possible repoint the musics table in another place for add 3 songs?


The italian Pokémon Green creator.

Offline

#4 2015-11-15 16:14:14

hacker
Member
From: Batam Grove City
Registered: 2011-07-30
Post 526/547
Website

Re: Editing Music GSC

Miksy91 wrote:

For $1E4000, rom bank is that divided by 0x4000 and the pointer itself is "00 40". You're probably supposed to insert that 00 40 as XX YY and the rom bank as ZZ.

so you mean, 0040 as XX YY, then put first pointer (ex:3D) as ZZ?


[POKÉMON JOURNEY] hacking planning 2012
Visit my website  www.pokemonhackingblog.blogspot.com

Offline

#5 2015-11-15 21:44:17

Miksy91
Member
Registered: 2010-10-16
Post 2,208/2,311

Re: Editing Music GSC

hacker wrote:
Miksy91 wrote:

For $1E4000, rom bank is that divided by 0x4000 and the pointer itself is "00 40". You're probably supposed to insert that 00 40 as XX YY and the rom bank as ZZ.

so you mean, 0040 as XX YY, then put first pointer (ex:3D) as ZZ?

Try it out and see if it works.
But rom bank is of course 0x79 because 0x1e4000 / 0x4000 = 0x79

Offline

#6 2015-11-16 02:39:24

comet
Member
Registered: 2012-04-09
Post 617/675

Re: Editing Music GSC

song pointers are bank then address

Offline

#7 2015-11-17 20:06:00

hacker
Member
From: Batam Grove City
Registered: 2011-07-30
Post 528/547
Website

Re: Editing Music GSC

comet wrote:

song pointers are bank then address

i know, but the song will become glitch, does I must move the new song into same bank of original song?
ex: New game/Continue song is in $3D, so I must put it $3Dxxyy too in order to make it work?

If yes, that will just a little free space then :(
#sorryforbadenglish


[POKÉMON JOURNEY] hacking planning 2012
Visit my website  www.pokemonhackingblog.blogspot.com

Offline

#8 2015-11-17 20:09:48

hacker
Member
From: Batam Grove City
Registered: 2011-07-30
Post 529/547
Website

Re: Editing Music GSC

Miksy91 wrote:
hacker wrote:
Miksy91 wrote:

For $1E4000, rom bank is that divided by 0x4000 and the pointer itself is "00 40". You're probably supposed to insert that 00 40 as XX YY and the rom bank as ZZ.

so you mean, 0040 as XX YY, then put first pointer (ex:3D) as ZZ?

Try it out and see if it works.
But rom bank is of course 0x79 because 0x1e4000 / 0x4000 = 0x79

I've done what you said, change it into 40 00 40 03 5e 40 but not working..


[POKÉMON JOURNEY] hacking planning 2012
Visit my website  www.pokemonhackingblog.blogspot.com

Offline

#9 2015-11-17 20:13:16

hacker
Member
From: Batam Grove City
Registered: 2011-07-30
Post 530/547
Website

Re: Editing Music GSC

hacker wrote:
Miksy91 wrote:
hacker wrote:

so you mean, 0040 as XX YY, then put first pointer (ex:3D) as ZZ?

Try it out and see if it works.
But rom bank is of course 0x79 because 0x1e4000 / 0x4000 = 0x79

I've done what you said, change it into 40 00 40 03 5e 40 but not working..

Ok then, looks like I stuck here forever, I forcing myself to write down the music to old music one..
Then, I want ask one thing, is that possible to make special song like (ex: Suicune battle music in Pokemon Crystal), so when I battle special Pokemon, the music will different than Wild Pokemon song


[POKÉMON JOURNEY] hacking planning 2012
Visit my website  www.pokemonhackingblog.blogspot.com

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB