Skeetendo

’Cause all games were better on the GBC

You are not logged in.

#51 2016-03-09 15:48:40

Mateo
Post 3,271/3,578

Re: Finish Pokémon Gold, Silver and Crystal! Contributers are welcome

That sounds right, it's been a while but that sounds pretty familiar.

#52 2016-03-10 23:29:00

Halfshadow
Post 138/283

Sounds good. However about credits both you will be accredited, obviously. Are helping me since the beginning.

The italian Pokémon Green creator.

#53 2016-03-12 15:25:33

wisejustin
Post 30/131

when will we get a download link for this? i would love to play it :D

#54 2016-03-12 17:59:54

Halfshadow
Post 139/283

For now is in italian only and I haven't finished yet, however when I'll finish it I'll do all also in the US version.

Miksy91, for the question about the fossil's sprite, with BGB I can't set the breakpoint 1A:478C (0x1A * 0x4000 + 0x78C), what is the way?

Last edited by Halfshadow (2016-03-12 18:00:14)

#55 2016-03-12 18:17:43

Miksy91
Post 2,236/2,339

Halfshadow wrote:

Miksy91, for the question about the fossil's sprite, with BGB I can't set the breakpoint 1A:478C (0x1A * 0x4000 + 0x78C), what is the way?

I didn't mean you should set a breakpoint to that address, but as an example, you should be able to do so.

But try setting a breakpoint to the address in VRAM where the sprite is loaded into and try to locate a routine, that calls another routine that uncompresses the sprite and puts it there, that way.

Anyway, I haven't done much related to what you were asking for, so you could try asking for help from others if you don't get it done. But I'm pretty busy with other things right now - especially writing bachelor's thesis - so I don't feel like investigating now and debugging the routines myself.

#56 2016-03-12 18:37:03

Halfshadow
Post 140/283

Ok, with the VRAM viewer I see that in the VRAM the address of the tileset and of the wild pokémon pic is the same, is the reason why you see the last tileset as pic. However I can't understand how set the breakpoint, if I go in the grass and appear a pokémon the address in the debugger remain the same, then I don't know how to go further. However also if you are busy you can tell me how extract the 3 musics from a GBS file from Froggestspirit and put into the rom repointing the offsets? He told me that I can use his songs but I have only to credit him, there is a table for the songs? In his file Cinnabar, Cerulean and Route 24 musics are at the 99, 100 and 101 positions.

#57 2016-03-12 19:39:53

Miksy91
Post 2,237/2,339

Halfshadow wrote:

Ok, with the VRAM viewer I see that in the VRAM the address of the tileset and of the wild pokémon pic is the same, is the reason why you see the last tileset as pic. However I can't understand how set the breakpoint, if I go in the grass and appear a pokémon the address in the debugger remain the same, then I don't know how to go further.

Try debugging anything at all that you knows is executed in the game when you for example enter a wild pokemon battle. Set a breakpoint for instance to D0ED (in US Gold/Silver rom) and the game should stop executing when that address is accessed. Make sure you check all those checkboxes for write/read/execute when you create the breakpoint. Then, see how debugging works.

Halfshadow wrote:

However also if you are busy you can tell me how extract the 3 musics from a GBS file from Froggestspirit and put into the rom repointing the offsets? He told me that I can use his songs but I have only to credit him, there is a table for the songs? In his file Cinnabar, Cerulean and Route 24 musics are at the 99, 100 and 101 positions.

Try searching here for a thread explaining stuff about music editing. There is a table to all the musics somewhere I believe.

Last edited by Miksy91 (2016-03-12 19:40:13)

#58 2016-03-13 01:18:22

Halfshadow
Post 141/283

Musics added!

#59 2016-03-13 14:41:07

Halfshadow
Post 142/283

Miksy91 wrote:

Try debugging anything at all that you knows is executed in the game when you for example enter a wild pokemon battle. Set a breakpoint for instance to D0ED (in US Gold/Silver rom) and the game should stop executing when that address is accessed. Make sure you check all those checkboxes for write/read/execute when you create the breakpoint. Then, see how debugging works.

If I set that break point the game break into the gras before a pokémon appearance:

3128g0z.jpg

Now what I have to do? However is ok also if is possible add a new asm for call a pic by offset into a script.

#60 2016-03-14 08:54:13

Miksy91
Post 2,238/2,339

I don't really know what to say. There is quite a lot you should understand about this to be able to do yourself what you're hoping for accomplishing here.

But basically, in my previous post, I tried to say that just learn how to use the debugger at first. Try to follow that, or some other routine and perhaps figure out what some part of the code does. Once you can do that, you may also figure out, how to use debugger for a whole different concept - backtracing code. This also involves understanding how stack works and which instructions affect with stack and how.

As an example of backtracing, in Dark Energy, I implemented a functionality for making trainers of a specific Trainer Group give you things called 'BP' instead of money when you beat them. I figured out which part of code to change, and how by backtracing what code is executed until you would normally be given a certain amount of money after a battle ends. I started off by locating the text string "HIRO received ... [money icon]" with a hex editor, found where it is pointed from (either a script or an asm routine) and then by setting a breakpoint to that asm routine and see what is executed before that (by setting breakpoints before that point & by knowing how stack works and thus, understanding where the routine I'm debugging right now was originally called from).

Last edited by Miksy91 (2016-03-14 08:55:43)

#61 2016-03-14 19:05:12

Halfshadow
Post 143/283

Miksy before continue with the pics, I have a problem! I have changed the area that appear in the map like the FAST SHIP for fix the new 5 areas in the pokégear and ad example VIRIDIAN FOREST in order after ROUTE 2. And for do this I have moved the areas (and all the maps after Route 2!) but I have 4 surprises:

- The flight areas were confused, but I've solved it.
- The KANTO limits before the HALL OF FAME were confused, already fixed theem.
- Your modify for the Kanto/Johto battle/wild musics had to be updated to the changed areas, I've already done.

But the problem is that the original FAST SHIP area now is Route 26 and strangely no wild pokémons can appear, in water and grass, only if I change the area of the map, I have to discover other bitter surprises 'cause I've moved the areas for improve the TOWN MAP in the pokégear? Now the new order is:

PALLET TOWN
ROUTE 1
VIRIDIAN CITY
ROUTE 2
VIRIDIAN FOREST
PWETER CITY
ROUTE 3
MT MOON
ROUTE 4
CERULEAN CITY
ROUTE 24
ROUTE 35
CERULEAN CAVE
ROUTE 5
UNDERGROUND
ROUTE 6
VERMILLION CITY
DIGLETT CAVE
ROUTE 7
ROUTE 8
ROUTE 9
ROCK TUNNEL
ROUTE 10
POWER PLANT
LAVENDER TOWN
LAV RADIO TOWER
CELADON CITY
SAFFRON CITY
SILPH CO.
ROUTE 11
ROUTE 18
FUCHSIA CITY
SAFARI ZONE
ROUTE 19
ROUTE 20
SEAFOM ISLANDS
CANNIBAR ISLAND
ROUTE 21
ROUTE 22
VICTORY ROAD
ROUTE 23
INDIGO PLATEAU
ROUTE 26
ROUTE 27
TOHJO FALLS
ROUTE 28
POKéMON MANSION
FAST SHIP

And the MANSION is not visible normally, only if you are into, the regular town map ends with ROUTE 28, FAST SHIP was not visible in the original games too, now what I can do for fix the problem of the wild pokémon in the ex FAST SHIP area? Can you help me please?

#62 2016-03-14 19:42:34

Miksy91
Post 2,239/2,339

Here (http://hax.iimarck.us/topic/852/2/) you had already found out where to edit the amount of areas on Kanto side. What is that value right now? Is FAST SHIP visible in both town maps (when looked at inside a house, or through Pokegear) ? If not, try changing it that way and see if that affects anything.

If that doesn't solve anything, and you can indeed run into wild pokemon in that route you're talking about when it is put it in another area, I'm not sure what would help really. I haven't had this kind of a problem myself with DE.
You could try taking a look at pokecrystal disassembly, but it might be difficult to find a solution to the problem even there although the code there is in more readable format than in the rom file.

#63 2016-03-14 20:22:12

Halfshadow
Post 144/283

Was old stuff, before I had need only of add the areas, but after I wanted to improve the order of the locations in the TOWN MAP, moving the areas for order the locations I have discovered this bug. The FAST SHIP location 5E (or 5F) don't allow to encounter wild pokémons in the grass or in the water. And I don't know why, I have fixed the special conditions in the town map (if you are in the fast Ship you see the boat in the JOHTO town map when you are into) for the new last area that is now 63 and is the new FAST SHIP, but the wild pokémons don't appear...

#64 2016-03-14 21:10:12

Miksy91
Post 2,240/2,339

I meant that try to make the FAST SHIP area visible from anywhere in the map, not just from the location itself and see if you can put wild pokemon in that area then. If the area is on Johto side, try putting wild pokemon in Johto wild pokemon table (which you have probably tried?).

Now that I think about it, whether or not the area is shown on the map doesn't have anything to do with whether you can use that area for wild pokemon encounters. I have a certain hidden cave in DE which is not shown in town map yet wild pokemon still appear there.

#65 2016-03-14 22:59:36

Halfshadow
Post 145/283

Yeah, also my POKéMON MANSION not is visible in the TOWN MAP but the wild data works however. Have to be a limitation of the FAST SHIP area, that was a special area also for the different viewing in the TOWN MAP, I have moved the viewing into the last added map, but the limitation is still here. Why?

#66 2016-03-15 09:19:07

Halfshadow
Post 146/283

Perhaps I've solved. I've added a fake PALLET area before the real PALLET and updated Kanto limits, flying coordinates, type of musics, then the cursed area without wild data became INDIGO PLATEAU, however the challenges and the scripts in the league work fine.

There was also a 5th surprise moving the areas, also the radio station is set for the ship area (JOHTO radio), but can fixed easily.

Now for a beta without the safari game and the Move tutor (that can be added later) I need only of the picture of the fossils in the museum, can you help me please? :)

Last edited by Halfshadow (2016-03-15 09:35:00)

#67 2016-03-15 12:18:20

Miksy91
Post 2,241/2,339

I got a simple idea. The following is from pokemon gold rom map:

Pokemon Picture Pointers

Bank 12 48000
48000-485DF Pointers to Pokepics
485E0-4BFFF Pokemon Graphics

Banks 15-20 54000
54000-83FFF Pokemon Pics

I don't know what "Pokemon Graphics" and "Pics" there stand for, or particularly, what's the difference between the two. But you could try moving some graphics data away starting at 485E0 to make room for a couple of new entries in the table that might solve the problem. Or other thing you could do is to locate the routine that you can call from script with that "showpokepic" command or whatever it is called in pksv, and change it so that when index value of the pokemon is for example 0xFF, don't pick up the pointer for the picture of the pokemon from that table starting at 0x48000, but rather use some other values for the pointer which you can define in the routine.

#68 2016-03-15 12:51:01

Halfshadow
Post 147/283

Not is possible 'cause the bank 12 is full 'til the last byte, Will be a pain like for the wild data. Maybe is better the way of hack of the ASM, I have a script that show a pic of 2 normal KABUTOPS and AERODACTYL in the museum, there is a breakpoint that I can set for view the ASM?

#69 2016-03-20 00:08:46

Halfshadow
Post 151/283

The current progress is done for Silver and Gold in both languages (Italian and english) I miss only the fossil's pic in the museum for release a beta, can you help me with a new asm please?

#70 2016-03-27 18:26:17

Halfshadow
Post 154/283

Current progress done in US and italian Gold and Silver and now italian Crystal.

In Gold and SIlver are now missing:
Fossil's pic features
Safari Zone game
Move tutor

In Crystal:
Fossils
Safari

But however in Crystal I have 2 problems:

The script for POKéMON MANSION that works perfectly in Gold and Silver in Crystal create a glitchy name sign when I return in the museum after the TELEPORT, 'cause the oldman talk when I return in front of him. There is a way via script for show immediately the location name instead of after the dialogue? Maybe I can fix it, otherwise a way to avoid the glitch of the sign?

THE CAUGHT DATA: Could be a problem if someone trade a pokémon into a retail verison of Crystal, the KANTO locations are all different and there are 5 extra locations that in a retail version ill appear like a glitch area name. For fix the problem I have the idea of erase the function of the caught data and delete also the pokéseer house, or an ASM that could delete the caught data before a trade. Someone know how help me to do this?

#71 2016-03-30 13:16:44

groggy
Post 5/7

Ciao Halfshadow, sono italiano anche io! Nice idea for a hack, I've always wanted to see Kanto fully restored in GSC and I'm looking forward to see more from your hack.
Like I said long ago on a Pokémon Pyrite thread, it would be cool to add every location removed in Kanto, even the small details. I'm talking about stuff like:

- Silph Co.
- Dojo Karate with Blackbelts inside
- TV Game Shop and Vending Machines floor in the Celadon Dept. Store
- The inaccessible floors of the Lavender Radio Tower
- The closed Underground Path in Route 7/8 (I read somewhere that an event was originally planned there with some Rockets occupying the Underground Path)
- The Bike Shop.
- Other houses that does not exist anymore in some of the cities (like the hotel in Celadon, for example)

It's mostly small stuff, but adding those details would be a nice touch. Do you think it would be possible to do that?

#72 2016-03-30 16:42:54

Halfshadow
Post 156/283

It's nice find other italians in the forum!
However my original target was make the original G/S/C games more closer to the remakes, HG/SS. Except for some little details, like the POKéFLUTE ('cause the hidden item works very well and however is obtainable in the added SAFARI ZONE area) the SAFARI ZONE and the POKéMON MANSION ('cause at the beginning seems that were planned, 'cause I've found the names in the locations list) and the MUSEUM is an hybrid between R/G/B/Y and HG/SS (it's the same of R/G/B/Y but have the scientist that awake the fossils like in HG/SS), then I've added SAFARI ZONE and POKéMON MANSION underground floor, but it's the only edit that not is faithful to HG/SS. Then I've restored the bike shop, 'cause is present in HG/SS, but I don't know nothing about a new Silph co., Dojo karate, TV game shop, floors of lav radio tower or underground tunnel, I knew instead that were present CELADON ROCKET HIDEOUT beta maps, but not restored that 'cause I don't knew what story add for the hideout, the only reason why I've restored the mansion is because was planned ion the locations table, can be reached only via TELEPORT and is important, 'cause in the remakes FR/LF the MANSION will have that name, that in the original R/G/B/Y was POKéMON LAB. And the safari zone is ok IMHO for the location names too, but also because in the remakes however something is here.

Other important thing is that I don't have added trainers from HG/SS that had GEN III or IV pokémons, was useless IMHO, cause I had to adapt them with GEN II or I pokémons and I had only few flags, it was better don't add them, then I've added only the trainers from HG/SS in the VIRIDIAN FOREST, SEAFOM ISLANDS and BLAINE and BLUE GYMS and 5 trainers from Crystal in ROUTE 6 and DRAGON'S DEN with the dragon sanctuary event.

Can you look something for italian Crystal here:
effont

However maybe I'll can do also a new different version after the finishment of this, a very extended version with all the missing houses, if I'll find enough flags for do this, I've recycled rockets flags for add the current stuff.

#73 2016-03-31 11:03:58

groggy
Post 6/7

Wow the screenshots look awesome! I like the Ice Path tileset for the Seafoam Islands.
Anyway yes, as I was saying in my previous post, the things I listed are mostly small stuff, the hack looks great anyway.
Nice that you want to add stuff lile the bike shop like in HGSS, for the Silph I thought something like recreating the original floors and being able to fight the employees in the buildings (without Rockets), same with the Lavender Radio Tower, but it's OK to leave them as they are in GSC if it's difficult to add all these new locations and trainers.

#74 2016-04-03 10:51:56

Halfshadow
Post 166/283

Found a fix for avoid compatibility problem with the pokéseer of a retail Crystal, the caught data become erased when enter into a trade center and when you leave, then not was necessary remove the function that set the caught data and the seer can be used, pokémons from Crystal 2.0 can be traded to Crystal and viceversa, the seer will say that can't see nothing about traded pokémons in both versions.

Level of the CERULEAN CAVE's MEWTWO decrease to 60, 'cause the caught data support only up to 64 level, is the reason why LUGIA and HO-OH were at 60 level, otherwise her will see incorrect information about daytime caught and level 6 as caught level.

Thanks to Miksy91 for the help to find the script strings to make this miracle! :)

#75 2016-04-03 19:58:19

Miksy91
Post 2,248/2,339

Good to hear you got it working. :)

Board footer