Skeetendo

’Cause all games were better on the GBC

You are not logged in.

#26 2016-03-06 18:04:49

Ammako
Post 4/158

Re: Finish Pokémon Gold, Silver and Crystal! Contributers are welcome

Awesome :)

If you can't add scripts for NPCs to give you the Kanto starters as gift Pokémon, if you would rather not remove items, maybe they could be incorporated as wild Pokémon somewhere?

Ideally, I think they would be given to you by Prof. Oak in Kanto just like in Gen. I, and you get to pick one of the three, or could have the three of them given away by NPCs in the same spots as where you get them in Yellow, but they could probably fit in well as wild Pokémon in certain areas. It's up to you, really.

Also, no rush, go at your own pace. I'll just wait patiently for a Crystal release. :p

#27 2016-03-06 18:51:01

Halfshadow
Post 128/283

The problem is that require however 3 flags, or maybe if I try with calm only 1, but not is sure. Maybe if I try to assign the same flag to the three balls, with a script after the give disappear only one ball on the table and the other 2 don't disappear together at the same moment would be fine, however maybe I need of at least 2 flags, not will have sense that after defeat of Red you go to Oak's lab and you can talk with him normally and without words about you can take pokémon from the table. It's necessary a decent work.

The italian Pokémon Green creator.

#28 2016-03-06 19:49:52

Mateo
Post 3,261/3,578

If you replaced some of the more useless in-game trades, you could use those for the Kanto starters, and not need any additional flags for it. I know you don't want to remove functionality, but since some of the in-game trades were always pointless, it would make them actually useful instead. Just move them over to the Kanto areas where you received the starters in Yellow. You could technically repoint the list of in-game trades and add new ones, but their flags would accidentally overflow into the variable used to store how many berries you have given the Miltank at the Moo Moo Farm unless you edited one of those routines to use a different RAM address (which would also be possible).

#29 2016-03-06 19:57:11

Ammako
Post 5/158

Could possibly have it so you talk to Oak, and he comes up with a message box and a selection menu that lets you pick, Bulbasaur, Charmander, or Squirtle, and after you've picked one of them, it sets a flag in the save file which prevents you from getting another one and changes Oak's dialogue accordingly.

I'm not entirely sure if there is already a flag set in the save file by default for when you defeat Red for the first time, if there is then you should be able to check against that flag to decide if the player can get a starter from Professor Oak, however it would probably be easier to just make it so you can get it at any time as soon as you get to Pallet town after beating the Elite Four, with no other fancy requirements. I think there would be no harm in being able to get the Gen. I starters earlier, but then again, that is your choice to make.

It -would- look a lot better and a lot cooler to have the three Pokéballs on the table, but that would take up more space.

Another idea could be, since two of the three starters were already taken by Red and Blue three years prior to that, Prof. Oak only has one starter left, and he gives you the remaining starter based on which starter you picked at the beginning (there must be something in the save file that keeps track of which starter you picked, right?) That would be similar to Raikou/Entei/Suicune in FR/LG and Articuno/Zapdos/Moltres in X/Y which were based on the starter you picked at the beginning.

That probably wouldn't be the best way to do it since the player would likely end up with a starter they don't really want or care about, being able to choose would be better in my opinion, but that could be another idea that would be easier to implement and likely only require one flag, to keep track of whether the player already received a Gen. I starter from Oak or not.
(Do keep in mind, though, that I really don't have any experience with all that scripting in Pokémon games, so I may be horribly wrong, lol.)

Or, like I mentioned earlier, they could show up as rare wild Pokémon in very specific areas or something. We know that the Gen. I starters aren't one-of-a-kind because other trainers have them too, and they must have gotten them from somewhere. It could still make sense for them to be rare wild Pokémon somewhere.

Either way, like I said, this is your hack, so do it whichever way you want to do it, I'll be looking forward to it. If you'd rather not include them as obtainable Pokémon, that's fine too (they are easy enough to trade over from Red/Blue.) I'm just giving out a few ideas of how to go about it, and hopefully it can help. But if you come up with other ways to do it, more power to you.

Mateo wrote:

If you replaced some of the more useless in-game trades, you could use those for the Kanto starters, and not need any additional flags for it. I know you don't want to remove functionality, but since some of the in-game trades were always pointless, it would make them actually useful instead. Just move them over to the Kanto areas where you received the starters in Yellow. You could technically repoint the list of in-game trades and add new ones, but their flags would accidentally overflow into the variable used to store how many berries you have given the Miltank at the Moo Moo Farm unless you edited one of those routines to use a different RAM address (which would also be possible).

I've actually thought of replacing in-game trades, but decided against suggesting it because I wasn't a fan of the idea. However, your idea is a lot better than what I had in mind, because I never thought of actually moving the in-game trades over to Kanto and having them emulate the way you received them in Yellow.

In-game trades would make sense still, because Bulbasaur, Charmander and Squirtle are rare enough that the player character can't find them in the wild, but other trainers have been able to get them one way or another. The only way the player character could hope to get them would be by trading with a trainer who has them (in this case, those in-game trade NPCs.)
From there, you would be free to breed them to get new ones with no nickname and with your own trainer OT and ID.

Not sure what these NPC trainers should ask for, maybe they could ask for a Pokémon which is reasonably difficult to get so that it poses a challenge, rather than common and easy-to-get Pokémon. You wouldn't trade a Charmander for a Bellsprout if Charmanders were rare and you were one of the lucky ones to have one. :p
Ohhh, what if those trainers wanted Smoochum, Elekid and Magby for the starters, respectively? Jynx, Electabuzz and Magmar are reasonably rare to encounter in their respective routes, and it adds another incentive for finding them and breeding them to get their pre-evolutions. Not everyone cares all that much about completing the Pokédex; this gives the player a reason to want to find them and breed them, and kinda "forces" the player to get introduced to the new breeding mechanics from Gen. II, and everything about the pre-evolutions that you can only get via breeding.
Makes a lot of sense if we pretended this hack was what G/S/C would have originally been released as, and if we assume everyone playing this hack is playing Gen. II for the first time. Kinda like how the red Gyarados introduces the player to shiny Pokémon, this would introduce them to breeding + pre-evolutions only available through breeding.

Last edited by Ammako (2016-03-06 20:35:46)

#30 2016-03-06 20:57:56

Mateo
Post 3,262/3,578

In Red++, I made it so you trade Onix for Charmander, Oddish for Bulbasaur, and Poliwag for Squirtle. All of them are available by the time you get to them (since in Yellow they were just free gifts anyway) but they aren't super common at those points either. By the time you get to Kanto in here though, that won't be a super big deal anyway, because Kanto is already just post-game stuff in Gen 2.

#31 2016-03-06 22:32:50

Halfshadow
Post 129/283

I don't want cut out original retail version functions. But Ammako is right, in HG/SS remakes after the defeat of RED Oak give you 1 Kanto starter by choice on the table. If will be necessary delete some items in the new areas (maybe a nugget in the Safari zone and a Pearl in the Seafom islands) I'll do it. 'Cause is important add this script.

I have 2 free flags, I don't know if 1 flag is necessary for an use of the SAFARI GAME function, I want a way to add a SAFARI GAME that can works exactly like the original in R/G/B/Y, that function in the original games need of a flag that is used when you are into the zone and cleared when you esc?

Whit 2 flags I can set a flag of Oak that after Red tell to the player that can give him a Kanto starter and the balls become usable, after he have choosen a pokémon the ball disappear and maybe the other 2 remain on the table 'til the player remain in the laboratory, obviously if the flag is set he can't steal also the other 2 pokémons. Yes, when a flag become set the people (or items) don't disappear 'til the player refresh the map, the script set the bit if I add the instruction of disappear, but if I type the instruction for disappear only that ball (and is necessary that every ball have it's personal script), the other 2 will disappear only when you'll back on the map, should work fine. I need only of 2, max 3 flags, when you win againist Red set it's flag, that could be resetted by the league, 1 of the 2 free flags become set before in another earlier script, when you win againist Red He set it's original flag, another one (For Oak) and clear the other flag and this cause the appear of the balls. You go in the lab, there are 3 balls with the messagge "Is a pokémon caught by Oak" talk with Oak and this set 1 flag that allow you to choose a pokémon by the balls, and also in the Red script avoid the function for re-clear twice the balls, you choose your pokémon and the bit is set, the ball disappear and the other 2 repeat the first message, you esc by the lab and when you enter after the balls are disappeared, also in HG/SS not are longer on the table after the choice, shouldn't bee bad. But I need of 3 free flags (I could use only the Red flag but after defeated if you defeat the league the flag become clear) and then I have to delete an item in the new areas, or maybe I can use 1 flag that I have reserved for the SAFARI GAME (If not is needed) and maybe also another flag of the chief rocket in the Slowpoké well, that I wouldn't use 'cause I'm not sure that can be safe, is the bit of the trainer, not the bit of the disappear, but I'm not sure... Can be safe use it?

The multibox choice not is possible with a simple script, I think that the ASM is necessary (I need of a multibox choice for another script that for now is working but not is very good to see) and will not be good to see, I prefer the balls on the table, like in HG/SS.

#32 2016-03-06 23:26:04

Mateo
Post 3,263/3,578

1) You don't need ASM to make a custom menu like that. You just need to look in the scripting compendium to see the format for those menus. It's really not that difficult if you sit down and read about it first.
2) As I said before, you can add new in-game trades without having to replace any, I merely said it would be a little easier if you replaced them. But again, it would be totally possible to add new ones without having to replace any (and in-game trades don't use the standard flags other events do, so the number of those that you have would be irrelevant).
3) Adding the Safari Zone properly (using a step counter, not sending out any Pokemon) will definitely involve ASM, and will almost certainly be pretty complicated if you want it to work exactly like Gen 1, since you'll basically have to add an entirely new battle type, which is not something that I personally would want to do without using the disassembly (and yes, I know, you aren't using the disassembly).

#33 2016-03-06 23:45:51

Halfshadow
Post 130/283

However the safari game function will need of flags? If not I have 2 flags that I can use and maybe also the flag of Red's mom, in the remakes she don't set the flag, she repeat always the first phrase, that don't change, I can recycle her flag, however I don't want to add new trades, in the remakes Oak have the balls on the table and give a starter, I prefer do in the same way, will be more faithful to the remakes, the remakes not are perfect (it's missing the function for erase the pokégear numbers, BERSERK GENE is missing and RAGE CANDY and SLOWPOKé TAIL are key items that cannot be buyed in the market like in G/S/C and the slot machines are censored and it's missing a function for re-send the pokémon in their pokéball that is important if you don't want that your pokémon follow you) but maybe a day I'll can fix also them. For now I want to improve G/S/C that is easier.

How I can implement the multichoice box? I want to improve the script of the scientist in the museum that ask you Brick piece, gold and silver leaf for trade with Old amber, helix and domo fossils, the multibox have to work with the appearing of my three items if I have them in the bag or that can appear only which I have if I dont' have all three, and choose the item have the function for take it and do the other instructions of my already existing script, can be done only with a script?

#34 2016-03-07 09:26:41

Miksy91
Post 2,228/2,339

Halfshadow wrote:

However the safari game function will need of flags? If not I have 2 flags that I can use and maybe also the flag of Red's mom, in the remakes she don't set the flag, she repeat always the first phrase, that don't change, I can recycle her flag, however I don't want to add new trades, in the remakes Oak have the balls on the table and give a starter, I prefer do in the same way, will be more faithful to the remakes, the remakes not are perfect (it's missing the function for erase the pokégear numbers, BERSERK GENE is missing and RAGE CANDY and SLOWPOKé TAIL are key items that cannot be buyed in the market like in G/S/C and the slot machines are censored and it's missing a function for re-send the pokémon in their pokéball that is important if you don't want that your pokémon follow you) but maybe a day I'll can fix also them. For now I want to improve G/S/C that is easier.

http://hax.iimarck.us/post/10248/

Halfshadow wrote:

How I can implement the multichoice box? I want to improve the script of the scientist in the museum that ask you Brick piece, gold and silver leaf for trade with Old amber, helix and domo fossils, the multibox have to work with the appearing of my three items if I have them in the bag or that can appear only which I have if I dont' have all three, and choose the item have the function for take it and do the other instructions of my already existing script, can be done only with a script?

Check the blackboard in Violet City trainer's house and use a couple of "checkitem" codes in the script while at it.
Basically, you can do this simply by loading a different menu when you have a certain item and when you don't have it.

#35 2016-03-07 14:09:40

Halfshadow
Post 133/283

Done. After defeated RED Oak give you 1 of the three starters on the table!

The balls appear after defeated Red, and if you take one of three disappear only that ball, is the same flag for all the three balls but the other 2 will disappear when you'll back to the map.

Thanks Miksy91, when I'll have time I'll check for create a multichoice box for that script.

Thanks also to Ammako, he was right and without that script the game will be not complete like HG/SS.

Last edited by Halfshadow (2016-03-07 14:50:38)

#36 2016-03-07 19:24:01

Miksy91
Post 2,229/2,339

Halfshadow wrote:

Done. After defeated RED Oak give you 1 of the three starters on the table!

The balls appear after defeated Red, and if you take one of three disappear only that ball, is the same flag for all the three balls but the other 2 will disappear when you'll back to the map.

I would handle this via a script called from the Script Header like this one;

checkbit1 0xRedDefeated
if false @hideAllBalls
checkbit1 0xballOnTheLeft
if true @hideBallOnTheLeft
checkbit1 0xballOnTheMiddle
if true @hideBallOnTheMiddle
checkbit1 0xballOnTheRight
if true @hideBallOnTheRight
return

@hideAllBalls
disappear ballOnTheLeft
disappear ballOnTheMiddle
disappear ballOnTheRight
return

@hideBallOnTheLeft
disappear ballOnTheLeft
return

@hideBallOnTheMiddle
disappear ballOnTheMiddle
return

@hideBallOnTheRight
disappear ballOnTheRight
return

and set the Bit Number for the balls as 00 00, 01 00 and 02 00, so that they would use flags that are reset everytime the map is entered. In other words, when you make one the balls disappear during this script, its flag is set only for the time you are on that specific map and once you get out, the flag is reset. For this functionality though, you will need at least 3 bits to identify, which ball you have taken.

You can also do this so that all those 3 bits corresponding to the balls are set at first and then reset all of them when Red is defeated and give them normal bit numbers corresponding to those 0xballOnTheLeft and such on this example script.

I have done this kind of stuff for several different events in Dark Energy. You might want to take a look at it for maps where people events' bit numbers are between 00 00 and 07 00 and see what is called from the script header and how the script header works there. One good example I can think of is the entrance floor of Granaldo Cave where there are 7 miners which are hidden/shown based on some bit numbers that are not between 00 00 and 07 00 yet the events still have values between that range as their Bit Numbers.

Last edited by Miksy91 (2016-03-07 19:27:41)

#37 2016-03-07 19:57:20

Halfshadow
Post 134/283

Ok, however I've used 3 flags, one is for set a bit from Red (not the original that can be cleared with the league and then not is a stable flag) that says that was defeated at least once, another is for allow the player to choose a pokémon by a ball after talked with Oak (and says to Red's script that don't have to clear the balls again) and the third is for all 3 balls, if you take a pokémon that ball disappear but the other 2 when you refresh the map, meanwhile the other 2 balls after the choice re-says that are pokémon caught by Oak and will not possible steal them.

I've used one of my free flags originally team rocket's flags cleared by Clair's script and the other 2 are one of the warden's grandaughter and Red's mom, both in HG/SS say only 1 phrase (and I prefer the first Red's mom phrase like in HG/SS) and then I've recycled their flags.

However... If the multichoice is only a script stuff, is possible also copy the Move tutor from Crystal or the ASM is necessary?

Last edited by Halfshadow (2016-03-07 20:01:55)

#38 2016-03-07 20:41:01

Ammako
Post 8/158

Also, I do believe that, in HG/SS, when you pick one of the G1 starters, that specific ball disappears, and the other two remain. Then when you exit the lab and re-enter, all three balls are gone, which is the same as how you have it at the moment. In my opinion, making the other 2 balls remain on the table forever is probably not needed, could just have them disappear forever after you've received one starter.

Would probably be easier that way, but it's up to you, really. You do have an example above on how to make it so the balls remain on the table like in R/B and like in Elm's Lab for the G2 starters if you want to do it that way.

Last edited by Ammako (2016-03-07 21:00:41)

#39 2016-03-07 21:32:46

Miksy91
Post 2,231/2,339

Halfshadow wrote:

Ok, however I've used 3 flags, one is for set a bit from Red (not the original that can be cleared with the league and then not is a stable flag) that says that was defeated at least once, another is for allow the player to choose a pokémon by a ball after talked with Oak (and says to Red's script that don't have to clear the balls again) and the third is for all 3 balls, if you take a pokémon that ball disappear but the other 2 when you refresh the map, meanwhile the other 2 balls after the choice re-says that are pokémon caught by Oak and will not possible steal them.

You need a bit number for each one of the 3 balls for making only the specific one disappear after you have taken it. You could practically handle this with 2 bit numbers as well, but not without calling a script from the script header.

Also, check that thread I linked previously. There is lots of free ram space which you can refer to with high enough bit numbers (or flags).

Halfshadow wrote:

However... If the multichoice is only a script stuff, is possible also copy the Move tutor from Crystal or the ASM is necessary?

Think about it... what can you achieve with a menu with some options? Making player react to something, but that's all really. It doesn't provide anything else compared to the Yes/No box apart from possibly having more options to choose from.
Also, I don't know how you would even want to implement move tutors. I have done a few for Dark Energy with several different asm routines.

#40 2016-03-07 22:11:09

Mateo
Post 3,266/3,578

It should be noted that the extra ram space isn't actually free, and will be corrupted when you link with another trainer via Link Cable. That's why I disabled link connectivity in Christmas -- People were reporting "when I link with another trainer, my gender changed and other stuff" and I looked into it, and noticed that some information gets placed there when you link with another trainer, meaning it isn't actually safe to use for additional bit numbers or variables, unless you disable link connection features.

#41 2016-03-08 01:02:01

Halfshadow
Post 135/283

In my project the linked features have to remain available, also 'cause there is the possibility to write the roms into a phisic cart and maybe will be pretty keep the features, I don't need of other flags (I think) only if needed by safari game ASM or by Move tutor, but the tutor could remain outside the Game corner without run into, also 'cause I think will be difficult to restore every Wednesday and Saturday. Maybe I can put a bit different tutor that teach the same moves but in a different place (like the Safari zone) and without ask coins but money, in a site I've read that the move tutor use 3 hidden TM that are TERU-SAMA for teach the 3 moves, if in Gold and Silver the 3 TERU-SAMA/TM are existing there is a way to use them via script for create maybe a man that via script teach one of the three moves?

#42 2016-03-08 01:59:58

Mateo
Post 3,267/3,578

Having him show up on those days isn't actually that difficult and doesn't require any bit numbers, it just involves the script command for checking the day of the week, and hiding or showing his sprite accordingly.

As for the Move Tutor in Crystal, you're sort of right, but not exactly. It doesn't have anything to do with item IDs or Teru-Samas. The way it works in Crystal is by checking 3 unused bits in the Pokemon's TM/HM data (as in, there are bits leftover in each Pokemon's data after declaring all of the TMs and HMs they can learn. In G/S these are just unused, but in Crystal they are used to mark the move tutors. So technically, yes, you could still set those flags in G/S and port the code from Crystal.

There is also another way to have as many move tutors are you want, that also doesn't involve using any bit numbers, and you could make it cost money or coins or even just be in exchange for an item if you wanted. It's the way I made the move tutors in Christmas. It does involve a little bit of custom ASM (which was originally made by... com3tin I think?) and it works perfectly, it just doesn't display "Able" or "Not Able" inside the menu like a TM would. After you select a Pokemon, he tells you if it can learn the move or not. That's probably the less complicated way to do it, and it opens you up to the possibility of having as many move tutor moves as you want.

#43 2016-03-08 08:57:47

Miksy91
Post 2,233/2,339

Mateo wrote:

It should be noted that the extra ram space isn't actually free, and will be corrupted when you link with another trainer via Link Cable. That's why I disabled link connectivity in Christmas -- People were reporting "when I link with another trainer, my gender changed and other stuff" and I looked into it, and noticed that some information gets placed there when you link with another trainer, meaning it isn't actually safe to use for additional bit numbers or variables, unless you disable link connection features.

Sorry, had totally forgotten about that. Now that you posted this here, I remember you mentioning it before as well.

#44 2016-03-08 11:32:55

Halfshadow
Post 136/283

Ok, however I need only of the Crystal move tutor for teach Ice beam, flamethrower and thunderbolt that are very important moves, checking in my old party in Silver I have seen that my Raikou don't know Thunderbolt, and Lugia don't know Ice beam, it's a pity...

I've tried to copy the box from Crystal, but the script of the man says things like "loadvar" and "special", if I choose a move the game (Silver) crash, the problem is with the special or with the var?

#45 2016-03-08 16:20:36

Mateo
Post 3,268/3,578

Halfshadow wrote:

Ok, however I need only of the Crystal move tutor for teach Ice beam, flamethrower and thunderbolt that are very important moves, checking in my old party in Silver I have seen that my Raikou don't know Thunderbolt, and Lugia don't know Ice beam, it's a pity...

I've tried to copy the box from Crystal, but the script of the man says things like "loadvar" and "special", if I choose a move the game (Silver) crash, the problem is with the special or with the var?

The problem is that Crystal has extra commands that weren't in Gold and Silver, so just copying the script over won't work. Specifically, Crystal has a Special for doing the actual move tutor stuff (teaching the move and all) and that just isn't in Gold and Silver. So you would have to track down the appropriate routines in Crystal, port them to Gold and to Silver (not just directly copy them, because they would have to check different addresses to actually find the data they need) and you would need to edit the extra unused bits in their tm/hm data. I don't know if you'd find an editor for Gold and Silver that lets you edit those, and they would be very very very annoying to edit in a hex editor. There is no way for you to do this without having to write ASM to add the functionality, and that's why I was trying to suggest a way that uses a routine that has already been done before, tested, and I know works. But as usual, you didn't want to listen to me.

Miksy91 wrote:
Mateo wrote:

Sorry, had totally forgotten about that. Now that you posted this here, I remember you mentioning it before as well.

I thought that might be the case, just looking out for y'all. :)

Last edited by Mateo (2016-03-08 16:21:57)

#46 2016-03-08 17:36:16

Halfshadow
Post 137/283

Ok, the fact is that you have talked about other new moves, and i need only fo the 3 of the move tutor, how your asm works? Can read the extra TM original bit for don't mistake nothing about the compatibility of the 3 moves?

#47 2016-03-08 18:26:59

Miksy91
Post 2,234/2,339

You could also check how I have implemented move tutors in Dark Energy and use a similar code in your hack. What I have done is to make it function the following way;

1) A specific person can teach a certain move to a certain pokemon (which could be easily changed to function for a set of pokemon rather than just one).
2) A pokemon party menu is opened and if you select that certain pokemon, it tells if you want to make this pokemon learn the taught move. If you select yes, another menu box is opened which shows the moves this pokemon knows and you can select one of them and replace that selected one with the taught move if you like. If you press B, teaching the move is canceled if I remember right.
3) If you select one of those moves, the screen goes black for a couple of seconds, some fanfare sound is played and the script ends normally. Now the move is taught to that pokemon properly.

If you want to try doing this, start the game, beat gym leader Ritch in The Capital and return to him with a Sandshrew in your party whom Ritch can teach Sharpen.
If you use my routine almost straight, I would appreciate it if you gave credit about it, but that wouldn't be necessary.

And this can also be of course implemented in a way that you would first be asked, which one of those moves your pokemon is taught at first.

Last edited by Miksy91 (2016-03-08 18:30:10)

#48 2016-03-08 18:52:15

Mateo
Post 3,269/3,578

Halfshadow wrote:

Ok, the fact is that you have talked about other new moves, and i need only fo the 3 of the move tutor, how your asm works? Can read the extra TM original bit for don't mistake nothing about the compatibility of the 3 moves?

I guess I just confused you by accident. The way my code works, it doesn't need you to set those bits at all. You would just check for the compatible Pokemon IDs as part of the script. So because of that, it could work for the original moves or any amount of moves you wanted, since it didn't rely on the unused bits (which are limited). I'll go back through my notes to find the actual ASM and an example of how to setup the scripts. It works pretty much the same as Miksy's version from a player standpoint, but it isn't really copied from him. Mine is based on code for "Generic" move tutors that com3tin made, and I modified to allow "Specific" ones. Also, mine was originally setup to teach the moves in exchange for Heart Scales, but that's not part of the asm and can be changed to use Money or Coins or to be free if you want, since that part is just done with normal scripting codes.

#49 2016-03-08 19:10:27

Mateo
Post 3,270/3,578

Here is an example I just uploaded, showing the way the move tutors I was talking about would work. Obviously, it could be any move, and with a little modification it could be one guy that taught all three. Also, it could easily be changed to ask for Money or Coins instead of a Heart Scale, since I assume you wouldn't be adding those in your hack, because they weren't in Gen 2, and you're trying really hard to stick to things that were in there or should have been.

#50 2016-03-09 08:50:28

Miksy91
Post 2,235/2,339

Mateo wrote:

Here is an example I just uploaded, showing the way the move tutors I was talking about would work. Obviously, it could be any move, and with a little modification it could be one guy that taught all three. Also, it could easily be changed to ask for Money or Coins instead of a Heart Scale, since I assume you wouldn't be adding those in your hack, because they weren't in Gen 2, and you're trying really hard to stick to things that were in there or should have been.

Wow... that is VERY similar to the implementation I've got (except for the fact that in mine you may only select one specific pokemon for teaching the move to) :)

I guess you also had problems with palettes and similar things when showing up the menu for selecting which move to forget and thus had to make the screen go black and reload palettes with another special code? I remember having some trouble with palettes here and thus I also did that because I couldn't make the game continue normally without it.

Board footer