Skeetendo

’Cause all games were better on the GBC

You are not logged in.

#26 2017-03-27 00:15:22

Ammako
Post 82/158

Re: [Patch] Extension 255 icons/minis

Where does Prism come into the equation? They're asking about French version of Crystal.

Also that patch is for Gold, it doesn't work even for English Crystal. Best bet for Crystal is for someone to implement that change using the disassembly and then release a patch, but that wouldn't help for the French version of the game since offsets for many things may be different. Perhaps Wargrave might be able to help with offsets? They seemed to have gotten offsets pretty quickly for French versions for Wargrave Tools so idk if they could use that same method to find the offsets used for this.

(That or someone could make a disassembly of the French version, but that would likely be a lot more work. :p)

Last edited by Ammako (2017-03-27 00:16:51)

#27 2017-03-27 00:28:31

Maniac379
Post 52/121

You're right I misread his original question and thought he was wanting to put it into Prism.

At any rate disassembly is easy to use but little documentation.  This will at least get you installed:

https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=378692

---
Pokémon White Crystal
A simple quality of life and gameplay improved hack

#28 2017-03-27 00:30:45

Tylusnoir
Post 9/13

Oh thank you Ammako!!! You understand my problem! ^^

Soo for the moment, i just need to be patient? And wait for Wargrave or someone else for give me the solve of this?

#29 2017-03-27 00:32:02

Maniac379
Post 53/121

Tylusnoir wrote:

Oh thank you Ammako!!! You understand my problem! ^^

Soo for the moment, i just need to be patient? And wait for Wargrave or someone else for give me the solve of this?

The solve is already there.  I posted the disassembly changes in this thread, you can see the commit through the link.

---
Pokémon White Crystal

#30 2017-03-27 00:42:26

Tylusnoir
Post 10/13

Your link about White Crystal on Github? Or pokecommunity? I read the documentation and see the video about the Pokecrystal but not works for me.

#31 2017-03-27 00:47:29

Maniac379
Post 55/121

The link to White Crystal is a commit that shows what changes you need to make to a clean disassembly of pokecrystal to "apply" the patch.  The pokecommunity link would show you how to set up pokecrystal so you could work in disassembly.

---
Pokémon White Crystal

#32 2017-03-27 00:54:14

Tylusnoir
Post 11/13

Yes I have read on pokecommunity how to set up the pokecrystal. But the disassembly said, it work only for
    Pokemon - Crystal Version (UE) (V1.0) [C][!].gbc md5: 9f2922b235a5eeb78d65594e82ef5dde
    Pokemon - Crystal Version (UE) (V1.1) [C][!].gbc md5: 301899b8087289a6436b0a241fbbb474
And I don't have this version because it's fully english and I have already work on a French version. Soo I'm lock for the moment.

#33 2017-03-30 21:33:21

Maniac379
Post 57/121

I found something very odd with my conversion of this to pokecrystal.  Pokemon placed in the day care are correct, even when opening and closing the party menu.  Pokemon that were existing as static sprites in the overworld are incorrect.  For instance the Miltank farm has turned into Tauros.  I looked at the Route.asm file and the sprites at the bottom actually was labeled Tuaros which I tried fixing SPRITE_TAUROS to SPRITE_MILTANK but this led to an error.  On the other hand the Butterfree sprite in the gate between Ilex Forest and Route shows as an Omastar even though it correctly says SPRITE_BUTTERFREE

---
Pokémon White Crystal

#34 2017-03-30 21:50:12

Rangi
Post 589/870

Maniac379 wrote:

I found something very odd with my conversion of this to pokecrystal.  Pokemon placed in the day care are correct, even when opening and closing the party menu.  Pokemon that were existing as static sprites in the overworld are incorrect.  For instance the Miltank farm has turned into Tauros.  I looked at the Route.asm file and the sprites at the bottom actually was labeled Tuaros which I tried fixing SPRITE_TAUROS to SPRITE_MILTANK but this led to an error.  On the other hand the Butterfree sprite in the gate between Ilex Forest and Route shows as an Omastar even though it correctly says SPRITE_BUTTERFREE

Make sure that (a) the SpriteMons list in engine/overworld.asm matches the list of sprite constants after SPRITE_POKEMON; and (b) if you use SPRITE_MILTANK on an outdoor map in group 29 (for example), then SPRITE_MILTANK has to be in Group29Sprites in engine/overworld.asm.

Pokémon Polished Crystal (GitHub) — version 2.2.0 released
Pokémon Red★ and Blue★: Space World Edition (GitHub) — updated August 19!
Polished Map: pokered+pokecrystal map, tileset, and palette editor — version 3.5.1 released!

#35 2017-04-01 03:29:44

Maniac379
Post 58/121

Rangi wrote:
Maniac379 wrote:

Make sure that (a) the SpriteMons list in engine/overworld.asm matches the list of sprite constants after SPRITE_POKEMON; and (b) if you use SPRITE_MILTANK on an outdoor map in group 29 (for example), then SPRITE_MILTANK has to be in Group29Sprites in engine/overworld.asm.

That did fix the miltank problem as it was pulling tauros.  This does not work for Butterfree (showing as Omanyte) and the poliwag/wrath in Celadon showing as a jumpluff even though its calling poliwag sprite.  Any thoughts on that?

---
Pokémon White Crystal

#36 2017-04-01 03:50:13

Rangi
Post 591/870

Maniac379 wrote:
Rangi wrote:
Maniac379 wrote:

That did fix the miltank problem as it was pulling tauros.  This does not work for Butterfree (showing as Omanyte) and the poliwag/wrath in Celadon showing as a jumpluff even though its calling poliwag sprite.  Any thoughts on that?

Are you sure the SPRITE constants and SpriteMons list line up exactly?

If your latest code is on GitHub, I can take a look.

Last edited by Rangi (2017-04-01 03:50:33)

Pokémon Polished Crystal (GitHub) — version 2.2.0 released
Pokémon Red★ and Blue★: Space World Edition (GitHub) — updated August 19!
Polished Map: pokered+pokecrystal map, tileset, and palette editor — version 3.5.1 released!

#37 2017-04-01 04:27:17

Maniac379
Post 59/121

I double checked again...

Just committed the Miltank fix at least

https://github.com/maniac379/White-Crys … its/master

---
Pokémon White Crystal

#38 2017-05-31 22:15:06

Maniac379
Post 84/121

Have finally fixed the glitch.  Ragni's commit I copied from did not have comet's sprite fix included as seen in my changes to engine/mon_icons.asm

https://github.com/maniac379/White-Crys … 0098e9df2a

---
Pokémon White Crystal

#39 2017-06-14 02:45:05

rbroab
Post 2/86

I tried applying this to TPPCrystal251 through disassembly... Even edited each sprite individually. But they still show up as the regular menu sprites.

What am I doing wrong?

#40 2017-06-14 03:44:52

Maniac379
Post 89/121

rbroab wrote:

I tried applying this to TPPCrystal251 through disassembly... Even edited each sprite individually. But they still show up as the regular menu sprites.

What am I doing wrong?

There is both a posted github commit from Ragni's hack and my hack.  Analyze the posts here, if you post your commit someone might look at it as well.

---
Pokémon White Crystal

#41 2017-06-14 03:56:21

rbroab
Post 3/86

Maniac379 wrote:
rbroab wrote:

What am I doing wrong?

There is both a posted github commit from Ragni's hack and my hack.  Analyze the posts here, if you post your commit someone might look at it as well.

I used everything from the github for Ragni's hack. Was there more elsewhere?
copied...
engine/sprites.asm
menu/mon_icons.asm
menu/mon_icons_1.asm
menu/mon_icons_2.asm
constants/pokemon_data_constants.asm

and main.asm

though the main.asm was very different than the one for TPPCrystal251

#42 2017-06-14 04:01:21

Maniac379
Post 90/121

rbroab wrote:
Maniac379 wrote:
rbroab wrote:

What am I doing wrong?

I used everything from the github for Ragni's hack. Was there more elsewhere?
copied...
engine/sprites.asm
menu/mon_icons.asm
menu/mon_icons_1.asm
menu/mon_icons_2.asm
constants/pokemon_data_constants.asm

and main.asm

though the main.asm was very different than the one for TPPCrystal251

Again it would be easier if you posted a commit to compare.

You also need to edit engine/mon_icons.asm and copy in the gfx/icon/pokemon.2bpp files for all the pokemon.  main.asm (and some of the other files) you will want to only change the appropriate terms and nothing more, which is why it could be useful to compare with my commits.  If you had an error message when compiling that would also show as no problems.

---
Pokémon White Crystal

#43 2017-06-14 04:28:26

rbroab
Post 4/86

Maniac379 wrote:

Again it would be easier if you posted a commit to compare.

You also need to edit engine/mon_icons.asm and copy in the gfx/icon/pokemon.2bpp files for all the pokemon.  main.asm (and some of the other files) you will want to only change the appropriate terms and nothing more, which is why it could be useful to compare with my commits.  If you had an error message when compiling that would also show as no problems.

I had no error messages while compiling
I did make edits to my main.asm. Actually I only added in the part that Ragni had. I edited the engine/mon_icons, and put all sprite files in their proper places. Uploaded it here

https://github.com/rbroab/tppcrystal251rbroab

But I'm not sure what other files I would need to be making edits to.
Ragni's scripts for constants/pokemon_data_constants.asm use constants, while tpp's use EQU $00 through $66. I'm assuming there isn't enough memory to keep this going through $ff
Not sure how to proceed from here. I've hit a wall.

edit: I feel like I've been making this more complicated than I need to. Does someone with more experience than myself know how to apply this to TTPCrystal? I've already got all the sprites, but I feel like TPPCrystal is running on a very different engine than regular pokecrystal. Too much that I can't confidently say I'd know what all needs to be changed in order to make this work.

Last edited by rbroab (2017-06-17 04:12:02)

#44 2017-06-17 08:58:10

rbroab
Post 7/86

Well I've now spent 40 hours trying to figure it out. Menu sprites remain the same no matter what. Got desperate enough to try and apply the .ips patch as a last ditch effort, but it just made the game crash. Not sure what file I missed or where I went wrong. If anyone has any ideas, please let me know. Sucks to think I just spent my weekend on nothing.

#45 2017-06-17 15:22:33

Maniac379
Post 96/121

rbroab wrote:

Well I've now spent 40 hours trying to figure it out. Menu sprites remain the same no matter what. Got desperate enough to try and apply the .ips patch as a last ditch effort, but it just made the game crash. Not sure what file I missed or where I went wrong. If anyone has any ideas, please let me know. Sucks to think I just spent my weekend on nothing.

So a tip for committing.  You changed and committed each file individually and named each commit the same.  It makes it really hard to look at your changes.  You should really changed all the files in one commit and name that commit something related to what you are changing.  I would recommend starting fresh.  Above it looks like you manually edited each sprite gfx?  Use Ragni's commit and download his disassembly at that commit time (Go to a commit file -> view files) and download it.  Then copy paste all the gfx icons.  You can do this with the other files to but there's like additional stuff that he's changed.  Read through my posts to see what I had to fix from Ragni's commit.

I know you spent a lot of time on it, but I find it very hard to look at your changes side by side with either Ragni's or my commit.

---
Pokémon White Crystal

#46 2017-06-17 19:39:24

rbroab
Post 8/86

Started from scratch. Downloaded the commits from you and Ragni. Applied Ragni's, then your fixes. Been working out the errors as I go. Now I've got an error  "Unknown Symbol SPRITEANIMSTRUCT_ANIM_SEQ_ID"

Been searching through TPPCrystal repository, pokecrystal repository, and copy/pasting every .asm file it's mentioned in among TPPCrystal, pokecrystal, White-Crystal, and Ragni's.
celebi.asm
field_moves.asm
mon_icons.asm
namingscreen.asm
pokegear.asm
sprite_anims.asm
sprite_constants.asm
It's mentioned in all, but I can't find where SPRITEANIMSTRUCT_ANIM_SEQ_ID is defined, nor do I know how/ where it should be defined.

#47 2017-06-17 20:08:02

Maniac379
Post 97/121

rbroab wrote:

Started from scratch. Downloaded the commits from you and Ragni. Applied Ragni's, then your fixes. Been working out the errors as I go. Now I've got an error  "Unknown Symbol SPRITEANIMSTRUCT_ANIM_SEQ_ID"

Been searching through TPPCrystal repository, pokecrystal repository, and copy/pasting every .asm file it's mentioned in among TPPCrystal, pokecrystal, White-Crystal, and Ragni's.
celebi.asm
field_moves.asm
mon_icons.asm
namingscreen.asm
pokegear.asm
sprite_anims.asm
sprite_constants.asm
It's mentioned in all, but I can't find where SPRITEANIMSTRUCT_ANIM_SEQ_ID is defined, nor do I know how/ where it should be defined.

I never had that error.  My guess is a formatting/typo in one of the files you changed...(mon_icons.asm?).  Extra tabs and line breaks can cause errors.

---
Pokémon White Crystal

#48 2017-06-17 20:45:50

rbroab
Post 9/86

But how can I have made a typo if I've only been copying and pasting the files from you and Ragni

#49 2017-06-17 21:16:23

Maniac379
Post 98/121

rbroab wrote:

But how can I have made a typo if I've only been copying and pasting the files from you and Ragni

That's why I mentioned the formatting.  You could have accidentally overwritten data as well.  Consider making a commit and then using github to compare the changes you made to the changes Rangi made.

---
Pokémon White Crystal

#50 2017-06-17 21:28:43

Crystal_
Post 425/450
Website

Board footer