Skeetendo

’Cause all games were better on the GBC

You are not logged in.

#601 2019-02-23 23:43:28

Halfshadow
Post 292/308

Re: Simple Questions & Answers

Mateo are you still working on Safari battle type? Have you found a way to switch to it entering in the safari maps?

The italian Pokémon Green creator.

#602 2019-02-24 04:43:21

Mateo
Post 3,592/3,594

I haven't touched Safari mode in a while. Should be able to just copy how the National Park enables Contest battle mode though.

#603 2019-02-24 11:38:20

Halfshadow
Post 293/308

I can't understand how it does. And however there is a difference, in the bug contest the battle type contest don't work with the water, only for the grass, is the reason why the fountain is closed. There isn't a map script to switch the battle type like in R/B/Y? I remember that reaching the safari zone without passing trough the employed switch only the battle type entering the map, even if this don't add the safari balls, that are always in 0 unit and then illimitate.

#604 2019-02-24 13:04:02

Kora
Post 9/14

More little questions!

1)I have created new maps and I want to show the classic message box with the name of the map when entering them.
I have been investigating but I cant figure out how to do it. I'm sure it's something very simple, but I do not see it.

2) Im trying to put 2 totally different scenes enabled at the same time in the same map, but looks like only one can be enabled at the same time.

For example, imagine a map with a house on the left and a bridge on the right. What I intend to do is that if the player tries to enter the house, skip a scene with an npc that appears from nowhere to speak. And if the player tries to go to the bridge, skip another different scene that does not allow him to leave.

And when I play, only one of them works, the other seems disabled. This is a limitation or im doing something wrong?

Thank you!

Last edited by Kora (2019-02-24 15:15:26)

#605 2019-02-25 00:16:08

Halfshadow
Post 294/308

Mateo wrote:

I haven't touched Safari mode in a while. Should be able to just copy how the National Park enables Contest battle mode though.

Re-thinking about safari battle type, the issue is basically that the battle type is different while fishing. Then in the bug contest the battle type is the classic fishing with the "hooked pokémon attacs" message.

Then I have another solution. Maybe fix the tiles. If the water tiles are made to allow to fish trough the collision data, there is a way to create tiles that are allowed to fish and surf encountering pokémon with that battle type? The tiles point to special routines? There is a way to add 2 collision datas, copy of the current grass and water collision to load another battle type?

I see on Github that there are a lot of unused collision types, but I cant find the asm where they point. I need of find the $18 and $29 asm to create a copy that load the different battle type, if possible... Then I should remap the Safari maps with new added tileset with the new collisions, but isn't really a problem.

There is a way to create 2 new collision types in a fast way linked to the debug battle type instead of the normal and hooked?

P.S. I fixed the bug that didn't tossed the ball from the count when used. I forgot to add the return from capture in the item usage.

Last edited by Halfshadow (2019-02-25 02:03:51)

#606 2019-03-04 02:18:17

ayxelsid
Post 10/19

Question:
Is it possible to add a 3rd or maybe even 4th bank for NPC sprites in Pokered?

I'm currently adding NPCs from G/S/C instead of overwriting and I think both of the banks (which I have already moved) are going to be full soon. Making a third bank results in a glitched overworld sprites. I assume it has something to do with "NPC_SPRITES_1 EQU $4" and "NPC_SPRITES_2 EQU $5". I tried adding "NPC_SPRITES_3 EQUO $6" but that doesn't seem to work. I don't actually know assembly but any direction would be helpful, thanks!

#607 2019-03-04 12:21:09

KeiTaRo
Post 58/66
Website

ayxelsid wrote:

Question:
Is it possible to add a 3rd or maybe even 4th bank for NPC sprites in Pokered?

I'm currently adding NPCs from G/S/C instead of overwriting and I think both of the banks (which I have already moved) are going to be full soon. Making a third bank results in a glitched overworld sprites. I assume it has something to do with "NPC_SPRITES_1 EQU $4" and "NPC_SPRITES_2 EQU $5". I tried adding "NPC_SPRITES_3 EQUO $6" but that doesn't seem to work. I don't actually know assembly but any direction would be helpful, thanks!

this isn't hard, Yellow actually does exactly that using bank $3C I believe (though you can use any bank with free space--it doesn't have to be a dedicated bank), take a look.

Those "NPC_SPRITES_1 EQU $4" etc labels are just that, labels. This just allows you to declare a section called NPC_SPRITES_1, and it tells the compiler to place this in to Bank 4, which also has some other stuff in it. You really don't need to do this, it's just for our sake to make things look a little cleaner. You could change that "EQU $4" to any other number and it would get placed in that bank instead.

Not sure what you did exactly that's causing glitched sprites, but if you give some more info in to what you did it's probably an easy fix. (this was one of the very first problems I ever had with the disassembly!)

#608 2019-03-05 02:30:06

ayxelsid
Post 11/19

That's what I thought since I've already moved them to banks $36 & $38. Changing the EQUO doesn't seem to do anything.

I tried moving sprites into a third bank again and it seems like I only get the glitched sprite for surfing. It could be related to my save state I suppose.

#609 2019-03-05 08:27:44

Halfshadow
Post 302/308

I don't know in G/S/C how use red tiles triggers to activate safari zone scripts walking through them, 'til now I didn't need of them but I don't know why I can't use them, if I put in the Safari gate map don't work when I walk into... Someone know how activate them? Maybe through ASM? But where is that asm? XD

#610 2019-03-06 22:01:17

Kora
Post 12/14

How can I move an NPC that is outside my range of vision? Applymovement causes the game to freeze, and moveObject does not seem to work either.
Thanks!

#611 2019-03-07 01:15:39

Halfshadow
Post 304/308

Kora wrote:

How can I move an NPC that is outside my range of vision? Applymovement causes the game to freeze, and moveObject does not seem to work either.
Thanks!

It works if is under your vision next outside the screen only by 1 step. You can set a flag to hide it and use the command appear to set it to visible. Like Clair's event in Dragon's den sanctuary is made. You can use that as example.

#612 2019-03-18 09:11:58

Kora
Post 13/14

Hi guys. Im trying to change the tileset from Pokecenter to the Mansion tileset. Everything is fine except when i want something in yellow color. For some reason, when i enter the map, those yellow tiles are now blue. Every color works fine except yellow. What im missing? Its something about mansion tileset? Im using Polished Map.
Thanks so much!

#613 2019-03-18 21:12:54

Kora
Post 14/14

I'm going to upload a couple of images so you can better understand my problem.

As you can see, here I make the chair yellow:

FluxBB bbcode test

But for some reason, in the game, the yellow color is the only one that is not displayed correctly.

FluxBB bbcode test

Any idea what it can be? I have been researching but I have not found the solution. Some help? Thank you!

#614 Yesterday 02:01:58

IceGod64
Post 13/13

Okay, so, I have no idea what's causing this.
I'm making a tweaked version of Pokemon Crystal, and some really weird thing has has popped up with the town map. I have not changed anything in pokegear.asm

If I check the town map on the wall in my room, the town map displays as intended like this:
aef4d8f3fc.png
If I access the map via the pokegear however, no matter where in the world I'm in, it shows up like this:
59bbc1d750.png

Does anyone have any experience with an oddity like this and why it might happen?

Board footer