Skeetendo

’Cause all games were better on the GBC

You are not logged in.

#76 2014-12-24 15:56:53

Mateo
Member
Registered: 2009-11-25
Post 2,936/3,631

Re: [JOHTO LEGACY] Pokémon Christmas - 2014 Version Released

Thanks guys!


I am no longer active on this forum. I only pop in from time to time.

Offline

#77 2014-12-25 02:31:04

Kumar
Member
From: UNOVA
Registered: 2013-03-18
Post 373/383
Website

Re: [JOHTO LEGACY] Pokémon Christmas - 2014 Version Released

I am gonna Boot up my android phone play it. But looks awesome.

Offline

#78 2014-12-25 04:38:56

jiangzhengwenjz
New member
Registered: 2013-12-14
Post 9/9

Re: [JOHTO LEGACY] Pokémon Christmas - 2014 Version Released

Great work Mateo! Really like your hacks! I'm gonna play it.

Offline

#79 2014-12-25 05:38:02

ngtunganh
Member
From: Viet Nam
Registered: 2013-11-04
Post 50/67
Website

Re: [JOHTO LEGACY] Pokémon Christmas - 2014 Version Released

Any body know good enulator for symbia s40 ?

Offline

#80 2014-12-25 05:51:01

Pokemonking
Member
From: Sinnoh
Registered: 2013-04-13
Post 534/543
Website

Re: [JOHTO LEGACY] Pokémon Christmas - 2014 Version Released

.Jar please mateo

Offline

#81 2014-12-25 07:27:29

Mateo
Member
Registered: 2009-11-25
Post 2,937/3,631

Re: [JOHTO LEGACY] Pokémon Christmas - 2014 Version Released

To my knowledge, this will not run in MeBoy. It uses the ExTilesets routine. I am sorry for the inconvenience.

And before anyone asks, no, I will not be releasing a version without extended tilesets just for MeBoy users. I spent entirely too much time on the extended tilesets to just throw them away.


I am no longer active on this forum. I only pop in from time to time.

Offline

#82 2014-12-26 10:11:59

LateNightHacker
Member
From: Ruins of alph
Registered: 2013-07-01
Post 147/153

Re: [JOHTO LEGACY] Pokémon Christmas - 2014 Version Released

So, I've played this hack for some time and I love it! All those new events, places ect. are so awesome! And for top of everything, I feel like this game's maps were taken from my homeland Finland since of all the snow and stuff! (and you decided to release this hack on Christmas, as you were planning last year! :D)
Also I like the difficulty of gym battles! It makes this game even more fun since, for example, Falkner was way too easy in original gold version!

Btw, When I faced HIRO in union cave, his name was kinda buggy.

But yeah, I don't think that this hack would be any better! :D

Cya

Last edited by LateNightHacker (2014-12-26 10:12:32)


I Support
Pokemon Grape/
Pokemon Gem/Pokemon Dark Energy

▒█░░░ ▀█▀ ▒█░▄▀ ▒█▀▀▀   ░█▀▀█   ▒█▀▀█ ▒█▀▀▀█ ▒█▀▀▀  ▒█▀▀▀
▒█░░░ ▒█░ ▒█▀▄░ ▒█▀▀▀   ▒█▄▄█   ▒█▀▀▄ ▒█░░▒█ ░▀▀▀▄   ░▀▀▀▄
▒█▄▄█ ▄█▄ ▒█░▒█ ▒█▄▄▄   ▒█░▒█   ▒█▄▄█ ▒█▄▄▄█ ▒█▄▄▄█▒█▄▄▄█

Offline

#83 2014-12-26 18:10:03

Mateo
Member
Registered: 2009-11-25
Post 2,938/3,631

Re: [JOHTO LEGACY] Pokémon Christmas - 2014 Version Released

LateNightHacker wrote:

So, I've played this hack for some time and I love it! All those new events, places ect. are so awesome! And for top of everything, I feel like this game's maps were taken from my homeland Finland since of all the snow and stuff! (and you decided to release this hack on Christmas, as you were planning last year! :D)
Also I like the difficulty of gym battles! It makes this game even more fun since, for example, Falkner was way too easy in original gold version!

Btw, When I faced HIRO in union cave, his name was kinda buggy.

But yeah, I don't think that this hack would be any better! :D

Cya

Interesting on that Hiro battle. His name never glitched for me in testing that, but I did have 1 beta tester say it happened to her. I was never able to replicate it and couldn't find anything wrong with his trainer data, so I assumed it was a fluke. But since it's happening again, I'll take a look around again and see if I can figure out anything that might be causing that issue with the Hiro battle. (People who played as Hiro never seemed to have any similar problems when battling Mei in those places, so it must just be an issue with one of Hiro's teams that I'll need to track down). Thanks for letting me know, and glad you're enjoying the hack!


I am no longer active on this forum. I only pop in from time to time.

Offline

#84 2014-12-26 18:36:51

LateNightHacker
Member
From: Ruins of alph
Registered: 2013-07-01
Post 148/153

Re: [JOHTO LEGACY] Pokémon Christmas - 2014 Version Released

Mateo wrote:
LateNightHacker wrote:

So, I've played this hack for some time and I love it! All those new events, places ect. are so awesome! And for top of everything, I feel like this game's maps were taken from my homeland Finland since of all the snow and stuff! (and you decided to release this hack on Christmas, as you were planning last year! :D)
Also I like the difficulty of gym battles! It makes this game even more fun since, for example, Falkner was way too easy in original gold version!

Btw, When I faced HIRO in union cave, his name was kinda buggy.

But yeah, I don't think that this hack would be any better! :D

Cya

Interesting on that Hiro battle. His name never glitched for me in testing that, but I did have 1 beta tester say it happened to her. I was never able to replicate it and couldn't find anything wrong with his trainer data, so I assumed it was a fluke. But since it's happening again, I'll take a look around again and see if I can figure out anything that might be causing that issue with the Hiro battle. (People who played as Hiro never seemed to have any similar problems when battling Mei in those places, so it must just be an issue with one of Hiro's teams that I'll need to track down). Thanks for letting me know, and glad you're enjoying the hack!

No problem dude!


I Support
Pokemon Grape/
Pokemon Gem/Pokemon Dark Energy

▒█░░░ ▀█▀ ▒█░▄▀ ▒█▀▀▀   ░█▀▀█   ▒█▀▀█ ▒█▀▀▀█ ▒█▀▀▀  ▒█▀▀▀
▒█░░░ ▒█░ ▒█▀▄░ ▒█▀▀▀   ▒█▄▄█   ▒█▀▀▄ ▒█░░▒█ ░▀▀▀▄   ░▀▀▀▄
▒█▄▄█ ▄█▄ ▒█░▒█ ▒█▄▄▄   ▒█░▒█   ▒█▄▄█ ▒█▄▄▄█ ▒█▄▄▄█▒█▄▄▄█

Offline

#85 2014-12-28 11:18:40

Rocket Grunt
Member
Registered: 2014-12-27
Post 8/75

Re: [JOHTO LEGACY] Pokémon Christmas - 2014 Version Released

I just finished almost half of the game, looks like there are no bugs for me. But then, I was thinking wouldn't the game be even better with more newer gen Pokemon which is popular, like, Vanillite and Zorua?

Anyway it is really a great hack :P


Today I won't steal Pokemon

Offline

#86 2014-12-28 18:02:16

Mateo
Member
Registered: 2009-11-25
Post 2,939/3,631

Re: [JOHTO LEGACY] Pokémon Christmas - 2014 Version Released

Zorua might be nice if I had a way to have him make sense in Johto. To me he just doesn't feel like he belongs there. I won't be adding any more new Pokemon at this point because I don't want to break compatibility with the full version and make people have to start over. But I might include Zorua and Zoroark in some other hack in the future.

As for Vanillite... people actually like that thing? I never cared for it at all. Sorry :/


I am no longer active on this forum. I only pop in from time to time.

Offline

#87 2015-01-01 05:17:52

Kumar
Member
From: UNOVA
Registered: 2013-03-18
Post 376/383
Website

Re: [JOHTO LEGACY] Pokémon Christmas - 2014 Version Released

completed the game.

Offline

#88 2015-01-01 10:56:24

Rocket Grunt
Member
Registered: 2014-12-27
Post 9/75

Re: [JOHTO LEGACY] Pokémon Christmas - 2014 Version Released

Oh that's quite fast, I am close to finish it though :)


Today I won't steal Pokemon

Offline

#89 2015-01-03 06:07:05

Mateo
Member
Registered: 2009-11-25
Post 2,940/3,631

Re: [JOHTO LEGACY] Pokémon Christmas - 2014 Version Released

Made a slight update tonight.

- Fixed a bug with an NPC in Blackthorn (nothing major, he had "loadfont" where he was supposed to have "loadmovesprites" at one point)
- Disabled Link Cable trading. I used the RAM space where link trades store the other player's party nicknames for other things and so it was either disable trades or move all those flags and vars (which would break compatibility with existing saves and I don't wanna do that). So yeah, sorry to the 1 or 2 of you that would have even noticed that.
- Altered a couple of NPC trainer teams (one was OP, the others were too low)
- Made it so Kabuto and Omanyte lines can learn Waterfall
- Made it so Gallade can learn Dynamicpunch, Fire Punch, Thunderpunch, Ice Punch, and some other stuff via TM

Patch to a clean rom, but you can continue your existing save game. No need to restart. Link is still in the first post.


I am no longer active on this forum. I only pop in from time to time.

Offline

#90 2015-01-11 20:35:36

duskull
New member
Registered: 2015-01-11
Post 1/1

Re: [JOHTO LEGACY] Pokémon Christmas - 2014 Version Released

Hello everyone and greetings Mateo! Your hack is great and I can say that you're a real Pokemon hacker. I just have a little problem - your hack isn't playable on MeBoy emulator for Java ME mobile phones. When I make the first step in the starting house the game crashes. Any idea how to fix this? Thanks in advance.

Offline

#91 2015-01-12 04:04:38

Mateo
Member
Registered: 2009-11-25
Post 2,945/3,631

Re: [JOHTO LEGACY] Pokémon Christmas - 2014 Version Released

duskull wrote:

Hello everyone and greetings Mateo! Your hack is great and I can say that you're a real Pokemon hacker. I just have a little problem - your hack isn't playable on MeBoy emulator for Java ME mobile phones. When I make the first step in the starting house the game crashes. Any idea how to fix this? Thanks in advance.

Sadly it is not compatible with MeBoy. MeBoy is a very buggy, poorly-made emulator, and it seems to break on every hack that uses GBC features (like this hack does, for all but 1 of the tilesets). Unfortunately, to my knowledge, there is no way to make this work in MeBoy. You will have to use a more accurate emulator if you want to play it. Sorry for the inconvenience.


I am no longer active on this forum. I only pop in from time to time.

Offline

#92 2015-01-13 09:38:34

akJims29
Member
Registered: 2013-11-16
Post 12/13

Re: [JOHTO LEGACY] Pokémon Christmas - 2014 Version Released

it works on my java phone,i use jmeboy and its totally playable and other hacks that have a tileset extension except the hack of Red,so far i am now on cianwood and its very fun,btw Mateo thank you for making this wonderful hack :)

Offline

#93 2015-01-13 10:33:42

Rocket Grunt
Member
Registered: 2014-12-27
Post 13/75

Re: [JOHTO LEGACY] Pokémon Christmas - 2014 Version Released

akJims29 wrote:

it works on my java phone,i use jmeboy and its totally playable and other hacks that have a tileset extension except the hack of Red,so far i am now on cianwood and its very fun,btw Mateo thank you for making this wonderful hack :)

So there are other emulators that can run on java phone? I thought meboy is the only emulator than support java phones. Would you mind posting the link for "jmeboy"? I am sure this will be a great help :)
And if there is one, can you kindly tell us how to add the game in jmeboy?

Last edited by Rocket Grunt (2015-01-13 11:10:04)


Today I won't steal Pokemon

Offline

#94 2015-01-13 12:49:35

akJims29
Member
Registered: 2013-11-16
Post 13/13

Re: [JOHTO LEGACY] Pokémon Christmas - 2014 Version Released

ok here are the link the last version of Jmeboy sourceforge.net/projects/javagb/files/jmeBoy/JMEBoy%201.5.3
,it is like meboy-f you will choose the directory of your roms or Pokemon Christmas on your external or internal memory or anywhere you put your roms.i hope this help :)

Offline

#95 2015-01-15 08:55:20

Rocket Grunt
Member
Registered: 2014-12-27
Post 15/75

Re: [JOHTO LEGACY] Pokémon Christmas - 2014 Version Released

akJims29 wrote:

ok here are the link the last version of Jmeboy sourceforge.net/projects/javagb/files/jmeBoy/JMEBoy%201.5.3
,it is like meboy-f you will choose the directory of your roms or Pokemon Christmas on your external or internal memory or anywhere you put your roms.i hope this help :)

Thanks for that, but I found out another problem: when you open the gbc file, it reads "fail to load image (File Name)". Any ideas?


Today I won't steal Pokemon

Offline

#96 2015-01-17 13:39:56

Pokemon_Master
Member
From: Eastern Kingdom of Mikado
Registered: 2013-05-18
Post 924/951
Website

Re: [JOHTO LEGACY] Pokémon Christmas - 2014 Version Released

Hey there :).
Does anyone know..Is it possible to complete the pokedex in this game without trading.
And where can i get Zapdos?

Offline

#97 2015-01-17 18:14:19

Mateo
Member
Registered: 2009-11-25
Post 2,947/3,631

Re: [JOHTO LEGACY] Pokémon Christmas - 2014 Version Released

Pokemon_Master wrote:

Hey there :).
Does anyone know..Is it possible to complete the pokedex in this game without trading.
And where can i get Zapdos?

In the full version, you will be able to complete it without trading.

Zapdos will be on South Isle as part of the Legend Festival--- but the festival events aren't activated until you do something in Kanto.


I am no longer active on this forum. I only pop in from time to time.

Offline

#98 2015-01-18 13:38:51

Pokemon_Master
Member
From: Eastern Kingdom of Mikado
Registered: 2013-05-18
Post 926/951
Website

Re: [JOHTO LEGACY] Pokémon Christmas - 2014 Version Released

Mateo wrote:
Pokemon_Master wrote:

Hey there :).
Does anyone know..Is it possible to complete the pokedex in this game without trading.
And where can i get Zapdos?

In the full version, you will be able to complete it without trading.

Zapdos will be on South Isle as part of the Legend Festival--- but the festival events aren't activated until you do something in Kanto.

Ah nice! It's going to be somehow like in Pokemon Movie 2000.

I got 8 badges...anyone knows where to get HM Waterfall. I'm stuck.

Offline

#99 2015-01-18 13:53:07

piclarv
Member
Registered: 2015-01-05
Post 22/41

Re: [JOHTO LEGACY] Pokémon Christmas - 2014 Version Released

I just spent way too long playing this hack, and it is really awesome.  Great job, Mateo.

One bug I noticed is the girl in Goldenrod City who gives you a Leaf Stone, my pack was full when she tried to give it to me, so I went to my PC and made room and came back, but she just repeated the dialogue about giving plants lots of water.

Another comment, and I don't know if this is intentional but with the world trade center in Goldenrod, it is possible to get impossibly low-leveled top evolution pokemon (I got a level 6 Blastoise, for example).  I don't know if that is intentional or not. Also whatever pokemon you get from the trade doesn't behave as a traded pokemon.  Those two quirks aside, that is my favorite new feature so far.

Offline

#100 2015-01-18 16:11:37

Mateo
Member
Registered: 2009-11-25
Post 2,948/3,631

Re: [JOHTO LEGACY] Pokémon Christmas - 2014 Version Released

piclarv wrote:

I just spent way too long playing this hack, and it is really awesome.  Great job, Mateo.

One bug I noticed is the girl in Goldenrod City who gives you a Leaf Stone, my pack was full when she tried to give it to me, so I went to my PC and made room and came back, but she just repeated the dialogue about giving plants lots of water.

Another comment, and I don't know if this is intentional but with the world trade center in Goldenrod, it is possible to get impossibly low-leveled top evolution pokemon (I got a level 6 Blastoise, for example).  I don't know if that is intentional or not. Also whatever pokemon you get from the trade doesn't behave as a traded pokemon.  Those two quirks aside, that is my favorite new feature so far.

Ah, I know what the issue is with the girl who gives you a Leaf Stone. Originally she gave you a key item, so no need to check if the pack was full. However, I changed her to giving a normal item and forgot to include that check. I'll take care of that for the next release.

As for Wonder Trade, that is a known bug currently. One of the NPCs in the Administration Room mentions it, saying: "The system isn't perfect yet, but we're doing our best. We're sorry if you receive a hacked Pokémon that is underleveled." Right now, the level scales with how many badges you have to keep you from getting overleveled 'mons for your team, but the ID for the 'mon can be anything except for legendaries and a few others like Dratini and Larvitar families that are designed to be later in the game. In the full version, I'll have these oversights worked out though. I'm planning to alter that routine to read IDs from sets of tables to make sure they are appropriately leveled, and fix it so they are treated as traded Pokémon while still allowing you to Nickname them when you first receive them.


Pokemon_Master wrote:
Mateo wrote:
Pokemon_Master wrote:

Hey there :).
Does anyone know..Is it possible to complete the pokedex in this game without trading.
And where can i get Zapdos?

In the full version, you will be able to complete it without trading.

Zapdos will be on South Isle as part of the Legend Festival--- but the festival events aren't activated until you do something in Kanto.

Ah nice! It's going to be somehow like in Pokemon Movie 2000.

I got 8 badges...anyone knows where to get HM Waterfall. I'm stuck.

Waterfall is in Ice Path. Once you get past the first large sliding puzzle, you will see a very small puzzle to your right, and getting to the end will take you to the item ball with Waterfall.


I am no longer active on this forum. I only pop in from time to time.

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB