Skeetendo

’Cause all games were better on the GBC

You are not logged in.

#26 2014-06-20 13:10:44

Mateo
Post 2,864/3,578

Re: [JOHTO LEGACY] Pokémon Christmas - 2014 Version Released

@Chamber_ - Hadn't really thought about it honestly. It would be nice since it is an ice effect and everything though. I'll have to look into it.

@ttar1 - I'm assuming you mean "How did you give zigzagoon/linoone the pickup ability?" The answer to that is: Miksy91 knew a routine that was called every time a battle finished. So we just "hijacked" that routine by adding in a new call function to call our new code we came up with for Pickup. I still have the ASM instructions for the routines around, but they aren't exactly commented that well or anything.

@ngtunganh - I'll keep that in mind, but I'm honestly not planning to add a lot more Pokemon than are already in. At this point the only Pokemon I'm thinking about changing are Teddiursa/Ursaring for Cubchoo/Beartic and replacing Mudkip/Marshtomp/Swampert with 3 other Pokemon. So this isn't me saying "there won't be any Gen 6 Pokemon", its just me saying "There probably won't be a lot of them if there are."

#27 2014-06-20 14:17:00

ttar1
Post 23/45
Website

Yeah I absolutly mean how do you give zizagoon/linoone pickup ability. Can I get some kind of a ips patch or ASM instruction please for my hack? By the way ur hack is awesome. I played it. Its my dream to make a gold hack like this.

My Web:
http://www.facebook.com/ttar1romhacker
My Hacks:
Pokemon Plasma(Hack of gold currently in progress)
Do not underestimate the power of a beginner hacker.

#28 2014-06-20 14:35:24

Blackwingz
Post 20/21

why not changing the mudkip family with the spheal family, i think its perfect replacement for them even with seel already in the game...and the snubull with the snover(never like that dog)...and once more please put back in spinarak and use ledyba instead because there wouldn't any ladybug flying around in winter...about the hail move, that would be awesome if u can implemented it in the hack...that some idea for u to thought whether u choose to use it or not its up to u...

- Keep fighting, Never give up -
- Tyrogue -

#29 2014-06-20 15:16:02

Pokemon_Master
Post 854/951
Website

For my opinion Ledyba should be replaced by Surskit. Surskit moves perfectly on ice(of what i watched on that pokemon x/y episode)

Last edited by Pokemon_Master (2014-06-20 15:17:10)

#30 2014-06-20 22:01:36

Mateo
Post 2,865/3,578

Blackwingz wrote:

why not changing the mudkip family with the spheal family, i think its perfect replacement for them even with seel already in the game...and the snubull with the snover(never like that dog)...and once more please put back in spinarak and use ledyba instead because there wouldn't any ladybug flying around in winter...about the hail move, that would be awesome if u can implemented it in the hack...that some idea for u to thought whether u choose to use it or not its up to u...

It's actually funny you should say that there are no ladybugs in winter. Every winter my house ends up full of ladybugs that manage to slip in through cracks near the windows or something, but I almost never seen spiders out and about in winter. I see them a lot in the fall but once it gets cold they seem to die back or something. That was why I left in Ledyba and removed Spinarak (well that and I also don't like Spiders irl). Never thought about replacing Snubull, but that would probably work fine. Snubull is kinda just "there" anyway. I also thought about including the Spheal line as well, but I figure if I do end up doing that i would replace Seel and Dewgong because 2 families of seal seems a little redundant.

ttar1 wrote:

Yeah I absolutly mean how do you give zizagoon/linoone pickup ability. Can I get some kind of a ips patch or ASM instruction please for my hack? By the way ur hack is awesome. I played it. Its my dream to make a gold hack like this.

I will try to remember to post a thread explaining Pickup at some point when I have time.

Pokemon_Master wrote:

For my opinion Ledyba should be replaced by Surskit. Surskit moves perfectly on ice(of what i watched on that pokemon x/y episode)

I don't want to remove both Spinarak and Ledyba. because (even though they are all more rare in cold weather) I need to make sure there is enough variety in the bug types available since Johto has a Bug-Type gym, and even with this being a sequel to Gold it wouldn't make a lot of sense to just suddenly change the type of Azalea Gym.

#31 2014-06-20 23:08:03

Pokemon_Master
Post 857/951
Website

Mateo wrote:
Blackwingz wrote:

It's actually funny you should say that there are no ladybugs in winter. Every winter my house ends up full of ladybugs that manage to slip in through cracks near the windows or something, but I almost never seen spiders out and about in winter. I see them a lot in the fall but once it gets cold they seem to die back or something. That was why I left in Ledyba and removed Spinarak (well that and I also don't like Spiders irl). Never thought about replacing Snubull, but that would probably work fine. Snubull is kinda just "there" anyway. I also thought about including the Spheal line as well, but I figure if I do end up doing that i would replace Seel and Dewgong because 2 families of seal seems a little redundant.

ttar1 wrote:

I will try to remember to post a thread explaining Pickup at some point when I have time.

Pokemon_Master wrote:

I don't want to remove both Spinarak and Ledyba. because (even though they are all more rare in cold weather) I need to make sure there is enough variety in the bug types available since Johto has a Bug-Type gym, and even with this being a sequel to Gold it wouldn't make a lot of sense to just suddenly change the type of Azalea Gym.

Ok i see. Thanks.

#32 2014-06-20 23:34:34

Mateo
Post 2,868/3,578

Pokemon_Master wrote:

Ok i see. Thanks.

No problem. Thanks for the suggestion though. Just because I don't accept a suggestion doesn't mean I'm not still glad people enjoy the idea enough to give me feedback. /)

#33 2014-06-21 00:26:30

Blackwingz
Post 21/21

Mateo wrote:

but still with spinarak u could at least put them inside a cave or building...and the ledyba doesn't have a good movepool anyway unless u planning to add bug buzz or silverwind...something that u should think about coz theres only four bug type moves in the game...i just can't wait to play this game...hope u finished it soon
Edit : its not four but seven...so its a good idea to add some bug type moves like bug bite or struggle bug that can be used by most of bug poké...and not only bug type ghost, dark, and steel also have a very limited moves...

Last edited by Blackwingz (2014-06-21 12:06:38)

- Keep fighting, Never give up -
- Tyrogue -

#34 2014-06-21 08:15:42

Pokemon_Master
Post 858/951
Website

Mateo wrote:
Pokemon_Master wrote:

Ok i see. Thanks.

No problem. Thanks for the suggestion though. Just because I don't accept a suggestion doesn't mean I'm not still glad people enjoy the idea enough to give me feedback. /)

Hey thanks! Wonder to see how the new titlescreen will look.

#35 2014-06-21 14:50:41

Pokemonking
Post 513/543
Website

I would like to see salamanece line

#36 2014-06-24 03:50:27

Mateo
Post 2,873/3,578

Just bumping this thread with a goofy video that shows off the Mart tileset, while also pointing out that not all of the NPCs are serious. So you might want to, you know, talk to them and see what they have to say. You might get a laugh from some of them (or at the very least, say "Hey! I know what he's talking about!").

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_K7VF45PsM

#37 2014-06-24 08:18:30

Pokemon_Master
Post 871/951
Website

Hey that's cool!
Sorry for this off topic question but how do i make my VBA emulator display graphics like in that video. When i play on full screen i see every drawn pixel that's annoying. What filter should i choose in VBA.

#38 2014-06-24 08:23:18

Kumar
Post 348/383
Website

Hope it will not work on meboy

#39 2014-06-24 09:55:57

Pokemonking
Post 516/543
Website

It will work i played it

#40 2014-06-24 13:25:51

Mateo
Post 2,874/3,578

@Pokemon_Master - This is how I have my graphics settings in VBA
382Zm.jpg
You can still see pixels, it doesn't blur anything because I like for the graphics to still be clean. But it doesn't like emphasize the pixels further or anything so like pixels of the same colour that are side by side blend in together and all.

@Kumar - I am going to fix the checksums before release, I don't know for sure if that will let it work in MeBoy or not, but if not then I'm sorry.

@Pokemonking -  You have not played the 2014 version because it is not out yet. So you have no idea if it will work in MeBoy or not.

#41 2014-06-24 13:28:27

Pokemon_Master
Post 872/951
Website

Thanks Mateo.

#42 2014-06-24 14:03:27

Mateo
Post 2,875/3,578

Any time!

#43 2014-06-24 18:11:04

Pokemonking
Post 517/543
Website

But 2012 worked

#44 2014-06-24 18:17:40

Mateo
Post 2,876/3,578

Pokemonking wrote:

But 2012 worked

And 2014 will probably still work, then. I was just annoyed because it sounded like you were trying to make people think you had played the new version before it was released. People are bugging me for download links enough already in other places, I don't want them falsely thinking that it has been released somewhere already.

Last edited by Mateo (2014-06-24 18:20:21)

#45 2014-06-24 23:58:47

Pokemonking
Post 518/543
Website

Hmm i understand sry 4 that

#46 2014-07-04 21:40:53

Mateo
Post 2,881/3,578

A little update for you all. I decided that since I had some unused tilesets, and since NPCs claim that it is summer in South Isle while one tries to awkwardly explain away the snow, I decided to just make South Isle not snowy anymore. So while Kanto and Johto are snowy, South Isle is not. Here is a little video showing off the update. May contain a couple of very slight spoilers but not really. Everyone pretty much knows there is a Legend Festival and a Team Rocket event there, and this doesn't really show off either of those in any detail.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrmFbO6xwKI

#47 2014-07-05 10:30:13

Pokemon_Master
Post 886/951
Website

Mateo wrote:

A little update for you all. I decided that since I had some unused tilesets, and since NPCs claim that it is summer in South Isle while one tries to awkwardly explain away the snow, I decided to just make South Isle not snowy anymore. So while Kanto and Johto are snowy, South Isle is not. Here is a little video showing off the update. May contain a couple of very slight spoilers but not really. Everyone pretty much knows there is a Legend Festival and a Team Rocket event there, and this doesn't really show off either of those in any detail.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrmFbO6xwKI

*Pokemon_Master likes this.

Wow been quiet a while that i don't see a gameplay of pokemon christmas.
The new tiles,graphics etc are soo cool. And also is the South Isle part of Orange Islands?

#48 2014-07-05 17:15:03

LateNightHacker
Post 140/153

I really liked the 2012 version of Christmas hack, and i'm really curious about new features and next update!

And i suggest to put snower and abomasnow to the game too! It really would be cool! (Geddit? :D)
Good luck with your progress! :D

I Support
Pokemon Grape/
Pokemon Gem/Pokemon Dark Energy

▒█░░░ ▀█▀ ▒█░▄▀ ▒█▀▀▀   ░█▀▀█   ▒█▀▀█ ▒█▀▀▀█ ▒█▀▀▀  ▒█▀▀▀
▒█░░░ ▒█░ ▒█▀▄░ ▒█▀▀▀   ▒█▄▄█   ▒█▀▀▄ ▒█░░▒█ ░▀▀▀▄   ░▀▀▀▄
▒█▄▄█ ▄█▄ ▒█░▒█ ▒█▄▄▄   ▒█░▒█   ▒█▄▄█ ▒█▄▄▄█ ▒█▄▄▄█▒█▄▄▄█

#49 2014-07-05 18:26:15

RaltVus
Post 539/548
Website

Off-topic:
thnx @LNH for support my hack yet!!!!

RaltVus is back.

I'm not hacking in the moment, but i always had ideas to give. Just ask me if you want.

MY FACEBOOK

#50 2014-07-05 22:37:59

Mateo
Post 2,882/3,578

@Pokemon_Master - South Isle (and especially the Legend Festival) is based on Shamouti Island in the Orange Islands from Pokémon: The Movie 2000. (I know that movie gets called a few different things, but I call it "Pokémon: The Movie 2000" because that is what it was called in theaters when I saw it and that is what it is called on the VHS copy I have). It isn't called the Orange Islands in-game, but I'm 99% sure that I will be including it there in Secrets and Rumours so you can consider it part of the Orange Islands if you like.

@LateNightHacker - Glad you liked the last version, and I hope you enjoy the new version too when it's ready! While I haven't gotten around to putting them in yet, I am planning to include Snover and Obamasnow because they make some sense to include here.

Board footer