Skeetendo

’Cause all games were better on the GBC

You are not logged in.

#26 2011-06-24 20:24:04

Sawakita
Administrator
Post 142/364

Re: Now about modifying sprite routines

Ok, problem solved. You wrote the pointer wrong: Snorlax's frontsprite pointer in your patched ROM is 0x5BAE, not 0x5BEA (I honestly thought you copied the Base Stats data from Yellow, along with sprites; instead, for some reason your patch has different addresses).

Anyway, long story short, the pointer you have to write over Blaine's pointer is 0x5BAE; of course you have to write it little-endian, i.e. AE5B.

#27 2011-06-24 20:39:36

Sherkel
Post 18/43

Re: Now about modifying sprite routines

Sawakita wrote:

Ok, problem solved. You wrote the pointer wrong: Snorlax's frontsprite pointer in your patched ROM is 0x5BAE, not 0x5BEA (I honestly thought you copied the Base Stats data from Yellow, along with sprites; instead, for some reason your patch has different addresses).

Anyway, long story short, the pointer you have to write over Blaine's pointer is 0x5BAE; of course you have to write it little-endian, i.e. AE5B.

OH MY GOD! THANK YOU!
I'm really glad I didn't give up and grateful that you beared with me after all these mistakes. I was going to use Snorlax as a trainer sprite in multiple instances, so this will be very helpful.

Formerly known as Tombstoner

Board footer