Skeetendo

’Cause all games were better on the GBC

You are not logged in.

#1 2011-06-11 10:12:51

Sawakita
Administrator
Registered: 2010-10-16
Post 126/365

Why helping newbies

I've seen this happening many times: someone who just got into ROM hacking wants to make a 1st/2nd gen hack, finds out there isn't a tool for every single thing they want to change and starts asking questions about how to do this or that. After (or, sometimes, before?) getting the answer they leave for 3rd gen "hacking" or completely leave ROM hacking.
You say, what's the matter? Here it is: why wasting time to answer their question or even do the necessary research to find the solution, if the "askers" never make use of it? You take the time to help newbies to get into RBY/GSC hacking, then they see it's "too hard" (is it really, after all?) and leave GB/C hacking.
My experience is that almost (if not totally) 100% of the cases of newbies asking for help (in forums or even by PM) ended that way.

So, after these evaluations, the actual question is: should one stop helping newbies? After all, if they really want to learn they'll manage on their own, by doing enough research.

Your thoughts?

Last edited by Sawakita (2011-06-11 10:14:31)

Offline

#2 2011-06-11 12:20:58

Miksy91
Member
Registered: 2010-10-16
Post 393/2,339

Re: Why helping newbies

I actually started recording videos about g/s/c hacking a while ago and have gotten a couple of positive comments about them from newbies who practically knew nothing about hacking before watching them (haven't really told them more than watch this video: [link]).

But in case you just explain them that "I use hex editor for doing this and that..." they won't even bother trying to learn.
*I remember being one of these newbies too still in 2008-2009 :D

Last edited by Miksy91 (2011-06-11 12:22:01)

Offline

#3 2011-06-11 12:26:02

Cheestendo
Member
Registered: 2011-03-30
Post 164/319

Re: Why helping newbies

Lol i am a noob still :) , You know why all the noobies say ''too hard'' of anything like that , because you make tutorials for people who already know how things work ,
The most of the tutorials are detail-less,all the explanations and other things what could help understand more,pictures of doing it could help really much.

Offline

#4 2011-06-11 19:29:31

217/703

Re: Why helping newbies

Sawakita wrote:

You say, what's the matter? Here it is: why wasting time to answer their question or even do the necessary research to find the solution, if the "askers" never make use of it?

Because other people than the asker might. That’s why I try to post things in public, even when I get them in private (example).

Also, sometimes the person is asking a question I don’t know the answer to, but am interested in. This gives me extra motivation to figure it out entirely. (Example, example.)

Sawakita wrote:

So, after these evaluations, the actual question is: should one stop helping newbies? After all, if they really want to learn they'll manage on their own, by doing enough research.

Of course, nobody has any obligation to answer a question he doesn’t feel like answering. Newbies should keep this in mind.

Cheestendo wrote:

Lol i am a noob still :) , You know why all the noobies say ''too hard'' of anything like that , because you make tutorials for people who already know how things work ,
The most of the tutorials are detail-less,all the explanations and other things what could help understand more,pictures of doing it could help really much.

This is for a few reasons:

  1. It’s hard to think from the perspective of someone new. I started hacking nearly five years ago; I haven’t been a new hacker for a long time.

  2. Brand new hackers are not necessarily the target audience. I try to target my posts to someone of a certain competence level: someone who knows what a byte is and how to edit it, and probably someone who understands pointers. I suspect that most people here are at that level, and if they aren’t then they’re capable of getting there.

  3. Part of this is my personal experience. The two documents that did the most to improve my hacking ability were this one and this one—they’re certainly not tutorials. When I first read them, I couldn’t understand a word. So I read, and I hacked, and I experimented, because I wanted to figure them out. After several months, I went from not knowing what a byte was to being fluent in assembly. If I can do it, you can too.

#5 2011-06-11 21:41:07

Tauwasser
Member
Registered: 2010-10-16
Post 144/452

Re: Why helping newbies

I'm actually still amazed at how he was so stubborn and so persistent... and so wrong. I'm not surprised he never bothered to answer when it dawned on him that he was completely off.

Cheestendo wrote:

Lol i am a noob still :) , You know why all the noobies say ''too hard'' of anything like that , because you make tutorials for people who already know how things work ,
The most of the tutorials are detail-less,all the explanations and other things what could help understand more,pictures of doing it could help really much.

That's what you need to take this step-by-step. If you don't understand the terminology in a tutorial, you will have to look it up and work your way through some other tutorial until you do. If you don't know what a tutorial is trying to say in some step, you will have to try multiple times until you get it right or find a way of doing things that will be consistent with the desired results in the end.

The skill level of most tutorials is actually way too low in my opinion and not too high! Many tutorials will bother with a complete introduction of bits and bytes when all they really consist of are five to seven easy steps at changing bits of various bytes in some rom at some offset...

cYa,

Tauwasser

Offline

#6 2011-06-11 22:53:52

Mateo
Member
From: The Sims 4
Registered: 2009-11-25
Post 712/3,578

Re: Why helping newbies

I've read through that thread dozens of times, and I still can't understand why he would still be that stubborn, especially with the evidence explained clear as day for all the world to see. That thread sort of marked the end of me asking HyperHacker for advice on scripting, as he obviously had no clue, and to start learning on my own.

I read through a few tutorials about scripting, but really experimentation and your compendium were what taught me how to script. Basically, I would open up the rom in a hex editor, look at the compendium, then write down all the script codes in notepad and put a little explanation beside each one (This was of course back before we had all these fancy script editors you kids use these days.). That way I could look at it and say "Okay, so this is the way they do this" and get a feel for things. Also, that was handy for trouble shooting. When a script didn't work the way I wanted it to, I would see if I could find a gamefreak script that had similar functionality and see how they made it work.

However, on a related note and speaking of scripting and editors, have I just missed it somewhere, or is there no real documentation of what these script editors made up to call each function? The lack of anything resembling a compendium has turned me off to using them, because I look at them and say "alright, how can I script here? Being able to type a word and look at it is cool, so long as you tell me what words to use here." I mean sure, I could go in there and type things like "FacePlayer" and "LoadFont" but it probably isn't right. It would be like me trying to type VB6 code into a C compiler, it wouldn't mean anything to the compiler even though I knew perfectly well what it meant. I think having good thorough documentation of how and why something works is always better than simply showing someone how to do one specific thing. If all I had learned about scripting was memorizing a single tutorial with an example, secrets and rumours would be Gold, except Elm's assistant would give you an Electrode for no reason instead of 5 Pokeballs.

Offline

#7 2011-06-11 23:32:14

218/703

Re: Why helping newbies

Mateo wrote:

However, on a related note and speaking of scripting and editors, have I just missed it somewhere, or is there no real documentation of what these script editors made up to call each function? The lack of anything resembling a compendium has turned me off to using them, because I look at them and say "alright, how can I script here? Being able to type a word and look at it is cool, so long as you tell me what words to use here."

You can find it in the source code, provided it’s available. I used to have the list for PKSV, but I stopped using it for some reason. (Newer versions dropped support for either GSC or Unix; I can’t remember which.)

Incidentally, I would like to make a set of RGBDS macros for scripting, but haven’t gotten around to it yet… my focus has been mostly on Pokémon Red lately.

#8 2011-06-12 00:10:19

Mateo
Member
From: The Sims 4
Registered: 2009-11-25
Post 713/3,578

Re: Why helping newbies

Ah, right. For some reason I hadn't actually thought about doing it that way.

Offline

#9 2011-06-12 00:20:20

Cloud
Member
Registered: 2010-12-18
Post 256/302

Re: Why helping newbies

I am nearly one year here and you can still call me "newbie" when it come to the hacking stuff :P

Offline

#10 2011-06-12 05:10:44

Miksy91
Member
Registered: 2010-10-16
Post 400/2,339

Re: Why helping newbies

Mateo wrote:

However, on a related note and speaking of scripting and editors, have I just missed it somewhere, or is there no real documentation of what these script editors made up to call each function? The lack of anything resembling a compendium has turned me off to using them, because I look at them and say "alright, how can I script here? Being able to type a word and look at it is cool, so long as you tell me what words to use here." I mean sure, I could go in there and type things like "FacePlayer" and "LoadFont" but it probably isn't right.

Learning to use PKSV is actually pretty easy.
For example 6D (Hide Person) stands for "disappear".
The way to use PKSV properly is that when you can't tell what to write in there, you go to that same address with a hex editor and write down the command you want. Then open the script with pksv again and maybe the next time, you'll remember how the command is displayed in pksv.

Thought of writing down some simple commands which can be hard to be figured out in pksv:
00 = 2call
04 = 3jump
08 = if false
09 = if true
14 = dotrigger
31 = checkbit1
44 = stringtotext
51 = jumptextfaceplayer
52 = jumptext
63 = winlosstext
68 = applymovement
6D = disappear
74 = showemote
75 = spriteface
7E = playmusic
85 = waitbutton
8A = pause
8F = return
90 = end

Offline

#11 2011-06-12 09:27:47

Sawakita
Administrator
Registered: 2010-10-16
Post 127/365

Re: Why helping newbies

IIMarckus wrote:

Because other people than the asker might. That’s why I try to post things in public

Agreed, in fact that's what I try to do too [example]. What's turns me off is that since the time I started hacking (like one year now), I've not seen any single more person joining 1st gen hacking (I've seen someone leaving, though). So it happens that the only people, that could make use of the info, probably already know it (being around for more time)

IIMarckus wrote:

Also, sometimes the person is asking a question I don’t know the answer to, but am interested in. This gives me extra motivation to figure it out entirely. (Example, example.)

That's the good situation where it actually feels fun to research for someone even if he leaves, since it helps the helper too. Except the fact that it's a pretty rare case, since a beginner's question rarely falls under this category, being usually related to standard needs (how to edit sprites, where to find a certain data-table).

Cheestendo wrote:

Lol i am a noob still :) , You know why all the noobies say ''too hard'' of anything like that , because you make tutorials for people who already know how things work ,
The most of the tutorials are detail-less,all the explanations and other things what could help understand more,pictures of doing it could help really much.

I feel guilty of that sometimes. That's for a language limitation in expressing concepts, plus the difficulty in getting the asker's point of view (as IIMarckus said). But still, if the solution of a question has to be done via hex editing, I doubt that a screenshot of the hex editor would help more than the written answer itself.

IIMarckus wrote:

Brand new hackers are not necessarily the target audience. I try to target my posts to someone of a certain competence level: someone who knows what a byte is and how to edit it, and probably someone who understands pointers.

Especially considering that there are loads of guides about bit/bytes/pointers around the web.

IIMarckus wrote:

After several months, I went from not knowing what a byte was to being fluent in assembly. If I can do it, you can too.

So true.

kkj1116 wrote:

So I think the best way for experienced hackers to act is to try to find out if the newbie has a true desire to learn how to hack and how the game works as well, or if the newbie only cares about easy work and easy pay. I still think help should be given regardless since it helps the person researching as well as contributes to general knowledge to other hackers, and also out of generosity. I mean it wouldn't be fair if someone saw your hack and was amazed and tried to make something like that and then got stumpted, and you assumed the person was a quitter. Find a balance - be nice and tell, but stop telling if you feel that they don't want to do the work.

Plus I think knowledge should be shared especially with research. Imagine scientists around the world not telling us anything about the newest discovery on Mars or about Stem-Cell research.

Finding out asker's motivation just doesn't feel the good choice since in the same time you do it you can find the answer to his question (and at least you have produced somthing). My solution is to judge by how the question is written itself: if it's like "how u put spritez in da pokeyman red" I wouldn't even bother answering. Instead if the question is a well detailed one (and well written too, since if you are too lazy to write in decent grammar, chances are that you'll be lazy in putting the answer's info into practical use, too) there will be more chance to get a helper to take the time to give an exhaustive answer.


kkj1116 wrote:

..unless you are an elitist and want GSC/RBY hacking only to a select few.

I hope I'm not... It might seem abrupt when someone asks how to do something that requires writing some ASM routine from scratch, and the answer is "this requires ASM, check this link and this and this and this...", but really, if ASM is the only way to do it you can't expect to receive a well packed step-by-step tutorial on writing the ASM rotuines required to solve your question. It's like someone who wants to build a construction, and expects to learn Building Science (of course I'm exaggerating) via a tutorial in a forum post.

Offline

#12 2011-06-12 10:18:40

~Red
Member
Registered: 2010-10-16
Post 117/276

Re: Why helping newbies

I hope I'm not one of those newbies you speak of Sawakita :(

With me, I DO tend to be a quitter, but when I come back a month later with a new perspective, nine times out of ten I can work it out because it's new and fresh and I can look at problems in a different way.

Offline

#13 2011-06-12 10:31:25

Miksy91
Member
Registered: 2010-10-16
Post 402/2,339

Re: Why helping newbies

~Red wrote:

I hope I'm not one of those newbies you speak of Sawakita :(

With me, I DO tend to be a quitter, but when I come back a month later with a new perspective, nine times out of ten I can work it out because it's new and fresh and I can look at problems in a different way.

Well, that's just what hacking is all about.
You rarely manage to do something new at the first time but by checking how it might work before and by learning more and more after it, you'll someday succeed.

I for example remember trying to create a trainer script in which some random blackbelt trainer fights you and goes away after the battle in a little hack of pokemon gold I made before starting dark future (it was in the time when I had just learned what pointers are and how to repoint data). It didn't work then but with dark future, I did succeed later.

Nevertheless, sometimes you just have to go with what you've got at that moment and learn how to do it.

Last edited by Miksy91 (2011-06-12 10:34:51)

Offline

#14 2011-06-13 10:43:20

koolboyman
Member
Registered: 2010-10-16
Post 31/203

Re: Why helping newbies

Just ignore them. 

If they're going to ask stupid questions then they obviously didn't try it themselves and want to be spoonfed everything.  There are so many tutorials out there on how to figure this stuff out for yourself.   I made a text editing tutorial on youtube that was very clear on the instructions and people were asking me "where do you get the programs" when the programs were in the description of the video! It just takes time and patience.  I understand people needing help now and then, but when some person out the blue just asks you "how do you do this and that and that and this" they're just hopeless.  Just don't rage on them like I used to, it just makes things worse, trust me.

On the other hand, I've helped people get started, and that's as far as I go.  I show them Tau's scripting doc, I show them the Z80 command set, Hex workshop and other things.  But I make it very clear that it's up to them if they want to make a good hack, not me.

Last edited by koolboyman (2011-06-13 10:48:17)

Offline

#15 2011-06-13 12:49:43

Sawakita
Administrator
Registered: 2010-10-16
Post 128/365

Re: Why helping newbies

~Red wrote:

I hope I'm not one of those newbies you speak of Sawakita :(

With me, I DO tend to be a quitter, but when I come back a month later with a new perspective, nine times out of ten I can work it out because it's new and fresh and I can look at problems in a different way.

No, I wasn't referring to you when I wrote the post (you tend to quit, but at least you're receptive about answers). What turns me off are especially the requests of easy and fast tutorials (example). It's like they expect that your duty is to write a tutorial about learning-in-5-minutes-something-that-requires-a-month.

koolboyman wrote:

Just don't rage on them like I used to

I wouldn't do it, since it would be pointless, and a waste of time too.

Offline

#16 2011-06-20 22:56:51

kringlur
Member
From: Reykjavík, Iceland
Registered: 2011-03-19
Post 6/17
Website

Re: Why helping newbies

Personally, I'm going back and forth between "Hey I want to try and do this on Fire Red" and "Hey, I really want to do this on Red", for example every time something new pops up that could help me hack Yellow version, I start looking at that and drop my GBA project hahha. Even if I make no real progress. I like to think people will return to their idea of hacking the first generation after they hack a newer one for a bit.

Even if no one uses my tutorials because everyone already knows how to do it, or they're so specific no one else wants to do the same thing, I like to share whatever I do know. Even if it's just me asking a stupid question and someone else answering it. Maybe it won't be until five years from now, but someone somewhere is going to be glad I posted something.

EDIT: Also, I know there's at least a few people who are learning from this forum and such but don't even have an account. So even if no one who speaks up is doing anything worthwhile, maybe someone is lurking and doing so, even if they never publish their finished hack online.

Last edited by kringlur (2011-06-21 00:00:19)

Offline

#17 2011-11-07 03:27:24

tysonrss
Member
From: US, Ohio
Registered: 2011-08-27
Post 58/649

Re: Why helping newbies

I used to give up way back when. Hell recently, I gave up on GB/C(don't care about B/R) hacking. But came back to it because I was motivated in really wanting to complete this hack. I figure if you really want to achieve a goal, don't give up on it cause it looks hard. When 9x out of 10, down the road what you thought was hard was super easy!

The numbers mixed with laziness is what turns newbs off. I was like that with 3rd gen. But scripting got fun with it. And now, doing G/S with numbers alone is actually a fun experience with me, even though it can be difficult. But when the result is done it was hella worth it for all the mistakes. I'm still someone a newb at this(using the right pointers for offsets) but it's a privilege for me when I'm working on a game I grew up with.


Pokemon Blue DX is reborn!

Offline

#18 2011-11-07 17:46:39

Oh Mike God
New member
Registered: 2011-09-12
Post 7/9

Re: Why helping newbies

Well, I think that my posts on this forum have been of the kind that you are talking about. The fact that there are not immediate results does not mean that I'm not already interested in rom hacking. First, with an idea in mind, I ask to more experienced people if this idea is possible to do. So, in the case that it's not, I would not waste my time. After that, I would ask how to do it and, in the case that the concepts were too advanced, I'd understand that I have to learn many things before trying to do anything. I have not spent enough time reading tutorials while I am working on the graphic part of my hack rom, but I am sure that I will do it, and when this moment comes, I will do more especific and interesting questions.

For example: suppose that I have recently discovered that it is possible to make new Pokémon games editing the existing ones. If I am interested, my very first question is: what changes would I do to a Pokémon game? I would like it to be set in a given number of regions, with the entire 649 Pokémon available or with a National Pokédex, with a story that involves certain events, etc. The next question would be: what can I do with this exact Pokémon game? Probably I could not put in the 649 Pokémon because there is no room for them. In that case, I would like to introduce some different Pokémon that are not in the original game, but new questions appear: is this method of evolution possible? Could I add the Dark and Steel types or the Sp.At./Sp.Def. split to RBY? Etc.

It is possible also that I want to change the graphics of the game, but before working on it, I would like to know the conditions that I have. How tilesets work? What is the maximum number of colours in a single sprite? Could I add new sprites to the game?

All of this questions come before I know anything about programming, so maybe the technical questions are not what I worry about in that moment. Thus, if I ask 'could I put new sprites in the game?' I would rather understand a 'yes' or 'yes, but... ' than seeing information about pointers, compressing and that stuff. Yes, it is an important stuff, but it's not (logically) what newbies are looking for. Answering this 'dumb' questions kindly may let the learning process go on in a progressive way. In this period, it does not matter how, but what can I do. When this work is finished, maybe I would get more interested in programming itself. I personally have already programmed (though not in ASM or hex-editing) and I could figure how many algorithms work, but it is not what people looks for in the first place.

Last edited by Oh Mike God (2011-11-07 19:58:04)

Offline

#19 2011-11-08 03:07:54

316/703

Re: Why helping newbies

Oh Mike God wrote:

All of this questions come before I know anything about programming, so maybe the technical questions are not what I worry about in that moment. Thus, if I ask 'could I put new sprites in the game?' I would rather understand a 'yes' or 'yes, but... ' than seeing information about pointers, compressing and that stuff.

The problem is that the answer to almost anything is “yes, but…”. Can you have 649 Pokémon in the game? Sure, but you’ll need need to use a 16‐bit identifier for monsters, and pad all values in memory accordingly. Can you add Pokémon Contest stat evolutions like Feebas’s Beauty evolution? Sure, but you’ll have to program a bunch of new stuff. Can you add new Pokémon pics to RBY? Sure, but you will need to rewrite the decompression routine (oh, wait, that example is outdated now).

Plus, your statement here seems to contradict what you said earlier:

Oh Mike God wrote:

It is possible also that I want to change the graphics of the game, but before working on it, I would like to know the conditions that I have. How tilesets work? What is the maximum number of colours in a single sprite? Could I add new sprites to the game?

How do tilesets work? How do palettes work? How does compression work? Do I need to repoint to add new things instead of overwriting? In my eyes, all of these are technical questions, and answered in a similar way to the ones above.

#20 2011-11-08 07:22:47

Oh Mike God
New member
Registered: 2011-09-12
Post 8/9

Re: Why helping newbies

IIMarckus wrote:
Oh Mike God wrote:

All of this questions come before I know anything about programming, so maybe the technical questions are not what I worry about in that moment. Thus, if I ask 'could I put new sprites in the game?' I would rather understand a 'yes' or 'yes, but... ' than seeing information about pointers, compressing and that stuff.

The problem is that the answer to almost anything is “yes, but…”. Can you have 649 Pokémon in the game? Sure, but you’ll need need to use a 16‐bit identifier for monsters, and pad all values in memory accordingly. Can you add Pokémon Contest stat evolutions like Feebas’s Beauty evolution? Sure, but you’ll have to program a bunch of new stuff. Can you add new Pokémon pics to RBY? Sure, but you will need to rewrite the decompression routine (oh, wait, that example is outdated now).

Sure, and this way you solve the most common first questions that appear in a begginer's mind.

IIMarckus wrote:

Plus, your statement here seems to contradict what you said earlier:

Oh Mike God wrote:

It is possible also that I want to change the graphics of the game, but before working on it, I would like to know the conditions that I have. How tilesets work? What is the maximum number of colours in a single sprite? Could I add new sprites to the game?

How do tilesets work? How do palettes work? How does compression work? Do I need to repoint to add new things instead of overwriting? In my eyes, all of these are technical questions, and answered in a similar way to the ones above.

Well, I think there is a big difficulty gap between knowing what a tile is and knowing how a pointer works. Before starting to code, I only need to know things like that I only can use images with a given size, a given number of colours and only a given number of them in the whole game. So "drawing" a map in Paint that I will later put in the code, when I get more into rom hacking, would be a work directed by those restrictions and surely I won't have to redo it later. Technical restrictions, yes, but they are easier to understand than some other questions that the newbie probably would not worry about until they need to do it. I think it is, like I said before, a progressive learning. It's not that they do not love rom hacking because they're not interested in this issues. In fact, they don't know exactly what rom hacking is, but they like what they know and will begin with the things that motivate them more. If they cannot do some of this things with the knowledge that they have, probably they will research and get deeper into rom hacking.

Offline

#21 2013-08-24 20:34:05

80C
Banned
Registered: 2013-03-16
Post 1,098/1,257

Re: Why helping newbies

well, I was a newbie too but I was (and I'm still) growing in hacking knowledge and experience, 9 months ago I wasn't a good pokemon hacker and I didn't knew anything about hacking GenI... but I never gave up and now I made one of the most popular Gen.I hacks ever (of course not the most popular because I'm the last one arrived).
I understand what are you saying, newbies asking and asking and never trying (at least I tried!) but my impression (no insult was meant) is that pro-hackers don't want to share their hacking knowledge.

The scripting compendium, for example, became public only in 2009\2010 while it was made back in 2003\2004.
I don't want say a blasphemy but it seems that the most advanced hacking knowledge is a privilege of a few of selected ones and that is shared only to a few people before it's released to public, so please, don't say balls like that all newbies are useless, because if I show all the very early hacks (30 in total) I got in my vault then I would remind that all "pro-hackers" were n00bs too at the time (and they got a lot of help too, just like me).

To think that any pro-hacker was a newbie at the beginning is a shame, expecially for the fact that is a big lie and pride.

If I would say something even more blasphemical, I'd rather the choose Miksy did, the hacking video tutorials, because there's so much stuff about tutorials of hacking that it's a real maze, and you need bases and practise.

Who said those lies for first will be as well the first guys that will stop hacking for ever (and this seems to be a true statement, if you doubt about it try to take a look to all the 1999\2001 REAL hacks made by a single person and see how much got completed... 0)


I left this forum.

Offline

#22 2013-08-24 23:19:41

RaltVus
Member
From: Twinleaf Town (Sinnoh)
Registered: 2013-06-28
Post 18/548
Website

Re: Why helping newbies

I'm a "newbie", but i TRY, and ASK (whith up case) and try every day!!!And about the others that only ASK and don't TRY i have some words:
Try very har because they help us but (i think) theY have their own projects!!!
BTW thnx all for the help!!!


RaltVus is back.

I'm not hacking in the moment, but i always had ideas to give. Just ask me if you want.

MY FACEBOOK

Offline

#23 2013-08-25 08:05:27

Pokemon_Master
Member
From: Eastern Kingdom of Mikado
Registered: 2013-05-18
Post 160/951
Website

Re: Why helping newbies

For some beginnes (like me)i recomend watching Miksy's ROM Hacking Video Tutorials on YouTube.

Offline

#24 2013-08-25 12:04:32

YORAMRW
Member
From: The Netherlands
Registered: 2013-03-29
Post 648/1,199
Website

Re: Why helping newbies

What I hate is when a noob posts a topic of his/her hack, with only a story and features, and when people say that they doubt if the hack really exists, the noob asks something like: "How to download a ROM?"


Hacks Gameboy 8-bit music in Pokémon Gen I & II, composes 8-bit music in FamiTracker

Offline

#25 2013-08-25 12:34:17

Pokemon_Master
Member
From: Eastern Kingdom of Mikado
Registered: 2013-05-18
Post 169/951
Website

Re: Why helping newbies

TheMoneyOfTheWorld wrote:

What I hate is when a noob posts a topic of his/her hack, with only a story and features, and when people say that they doubt if the hack really exists, the noob asks something like: "How to download a ROM?"

I alsn hate if someone makes an hack topic as a chat room. Example:if someone had made any topic and lies other people with the words: "i will post it soon''. I plan on to bring out Pokémon Silver Expert Version with Generation III graphics and Pokémon. But i have not enough knowledge about hacking,that's why i didn't posted it. I don't want to lie. When i learn more i will post any hack but i don't know when.

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB