’Cause all games were better on the GBC

You are not logged in.

#51 2015-07-06 12:40:29

Drake|Seawood
Post 25/28
Website

Re: Pokemon STRIKE! Yellow Version

The beta 0.4 has been released!

The download link is available now, check 1st post. For more info about the update CLICK HERE!

I'll update the main post here ASAP.

Best regards.

Last edited by Drake|Seawood (2015-07-28 14:30:41)

#52 2015-07-23 10:29:13

WAFFAHOUSE
Post 2/27

man can you please help me out with a few things.... im new to gen1 hacking and im starting a pokemon yellow project... first of all , what is the tool you guys use to edit the title screen>? also, what tools were used to make strike yellow? its amazing btw I love it! it has inspired me to make my own yellow hack! ive made a gba rom hack called pokemon creepy black, but that's gen3 lol so im lost as far as this gen1 stuff goes...

thanks
waffa

contact info
email- waffahouse89@yahoo.com
Skype- waffahouse
twitter- @waffahouse_
IG- team_creepy_black

#53 2015-07-28 14:18:16

Drake|Seawood
Post 26/28
Website

WAFFAHOUSE wrote:

man can you please help me out with a few things.... im new to gen1 hacking and im starting a pokemon yellow project... first of all , what is the tool you guys use to edit the title screen>? also, what tools were used to make strike yellow? its amazing btw I love it! it has inspired me to make my own yellow hack! ive made a gba rom hack called pokemon creepy black, but that's gen3 lol so im lost as far as this gen1 stuff goes...

Probably I'm one of the very beginners about Gen1 hacking but I can answer both of your questions:

1. The tool I used for the title screen (just a simple edition of some texts, not the mechs at all) is Tile Layer Pro. I think you can download it from romhacking.net
2. The only two tools I used were RBY Wild Editor, which edits the pokemon encounter areas and Pikamap, which changes the map layout of routes, cities, caves, etc. The rest has been done with Gold Finger (hex editor). Yeah, I like the hard way since I don't know yet how to read/apply ASM well.

Overall, Pokered disassembly from Github helped me a lot. It became a guide for many things, even if some structures are way too different between Red and Yellow, being Yellow very very messy at some aspects. However I managed to do well.

Anyway, I'd recommend you to wait until Skeetendo experts will manage to complet Pokeyellow disassembly. It will make things more easy and less tedious to edit.

Good luck with your project, though.

Regards.

P.S: Don't use RBY Mart Editor. It's buggy. If you want to edit multiple items in one determinated mart, it will bug the game when you go to buy something at said mart.

Last edited by Drake|Seawood (2015-07-28 14:23:57)

Board footer