Skeetendo

’Cause all games were better on the GBC

You are not logged in.

#176 2014-08-03 22:10:34

Danny-E 33
Administrator
Registered: 2012-06-09
Post 808/1,205

Re: Pokémon Maize [Beta 2.2 Release]

The pitchbend command is not well documented. I have tried playing with it myself a lot but it seems to me that you can't control the speed of the bend. It is always very fast...
Let me know if you find out anything more specific.

Offline

#177 2014-08-04 02:17:05

ShantyTown
Member
Registered: 2013-12-04
Post 114/344

Re: Pokémon Maize [Beta 2.2 Release]

Danny-E 33 wrote:

The pitchbend command is not well documented. I have tried playing with it myself a lot but it seems to me that you can't control the speed of the bend. It is always very fast...
Let me know if you find out anything more specific.

Cool, thanks for letting me know. 

I did some experimentation with Shepard Tones in a music program, and I don't think it will work with only 3 instruments.  To pull off a Shepard tone, the tones that are present need to span most of the human hearing range.  Google tells me that humans can hear approximately 10 octaves.  So, make a Shepard tone, I'm going to make an educated guess that you need at least 7 instruments playing an octave apart simultaneously.  With only 3 voices, the tone descent/ascent doesn't sound infinite at all.  Instead, it just sounds like a repeating scale.  Unfortunately, pitchbend won't help solve this problem, either.  It will still just sound like a repeating block of sound.

Offline

#178 2014-08-04 04:39:02

Danny-E 33
Administrator
Registered: 2012-06-09
Post 809/1,205

Offline

#179 2014-08-04 05:03:40

ShantyTown
Member
Registered: 2013-12-04
Post 115/344

Re: Pokémon Maize [Beta 2.2 Release]

Danny-E 33 wrote:

Like you said, it's not gonna be perfect, but this is the best I can do.

I won't have time to plug that in until tomorrow night... If you have the time, would you mind recording the audio, please?  If not, I'll just plug it in tomorrow night.

Offline

#180 2014-08-04 05:07:01

ngtunganh
Member
From: Viet Nam
Registered: 2013-11-04
Post 42/67
Website

Re: Pokémon Maize [Beta 2.2 Release]

Can you send me a video of shiny pokemon appear?Because I play meboy,donn't have color so I want to see what it look like when screen flash,because it only way to realize pokemon shiny or not.

Offline

#181 2014-08-04 05:53:20

ShantyTown
Member
Registered: 2013-12-04
Post 116/344

Re: Pokémon Maize [Beta 2.2 Release]

ngtunganh wrote:

Can you send me a video of shiny pokemon appear?Because I play meboy,donn't have color so I want to see what it look like when screen flash,because it only way to realize pokemon shiny or not.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyGHDfWRdhs

That video shows what the flash looks like when you send out your own shiny.  A wild shiny will have the same flash when it appears. It's just a quick blackout of the screen after the pokemon slides across the screen.

Offline

#182 2014-08-04 09:20:32

ngtunganh
Member
From: Viet Nam
Registered: 2013-11-04
Post 43/67
Website

Re: Pokémon Maize [Beta 2.2 Release]

ShantyTown wrote:
ngtunganh wrote:

Can you send me a video of shiny pokemon appear?Because I play meboy,donn't have color so I want to see what it look like when screen flash,because it only way to realize pokemon shiny or not.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyGHDfWRdhs

That video shows what the flash looks like when you send out your own shiny.  A wild shiny will have the same flash when it appears. It's just a quick blackout of the screen after the pokemon slides across the screen.

Thank for response my request!The flash pretty hard to realize but it ok,I will try.

Offline

#184 2014-08-04 19:46:41

Pokemon_Master
Member
From: Eastern Kingdom of Mikado
Registered: 2013-05-18
Post 896/953
Website

Re: Pokémon Maize [Beta 2.2 Release]

Nice to see this hack with shiny pokemons!
I had a question.
Will you make the day/night system like in Gold/Silver/Crystal or it will be like now?
And will you add days of the week like in G/S/C?

Offline

#185 2014-08-05 00:16:20

ShantyTown
Member
Registered: 2013-12-04
Post 117/344

Re: Pokémon Maize [Beta 2.2 Release]

Danny-E 33 wrote:

This is what it sounds like.

Actually, that sounds way better than what I was hearing in Reaper (music program).  I'll definitely be using this!  Thanks a lot.  I think the reason I thought it sounded bad was because I was using triangle waves, rather than sine or square waves.  Maybe the octaves don't blend as well with triangle waves.  Who knows...  I've never seen the Crystal music player, either.  It's pretty nifty.

Pokemon_Master wrote:

Nice to see this hack with shiny pokemons!
I had a question.
Will you make the day/night system like in Gold/Silver/Crystal or it will be like now?
And will you add days of the week like in G/S/C?

Yes, I will be adding days of the week, eventually.  I'm not sure what you mean by the first question, though.  G/S/C has a real-time clock for Day/Night.  I'm going to keep Day/Night the way it is in Maize.  I'll be adding for features to it, though.  For example, adding different wild pokemon on routes during night is definitely a priority.

Offline

#186 2014-08-06 12:02:41

Kumar
Member
From: UNOVA
Registered: 2013-03-18
Post 354/383
Website

Re: Pokémon Maize [Beta 2.2 Release]

I discovered something called talking bush. Why only one dollar.

Offline

#187 2014-08-06 13:50:16

ngtunganh
Member
From: Viet Nam
Registered: 2013-11-04
Post 47/67
Website

Re: Pokémon Maize [Beta 2.2 Release]

Kumar wrote:

I discovered something called talking bush. Why only one dollar.

I already found that for long time.I keep taking to get monney from it,but so tired.

Offline

#188 2014-08-06 13:52:14

ShantyTown
Member
Registered: 2013-12-04
Post 118/344

Re: Pokémon Maize [Beta 2.2 Release]

Kumar wrote:

I discovered something called talking bush. Why only one dollar.

It's just supposed to be funny.  No real reason, yet.  Although, there is going to be a talking bush side quest later on.

Offline

#189 2014-08-06 22:16:44

Bike
Member
From: Chile
Registered: 2012-10-31
Post 64/72

Re: Pokémon Maize [Beta 2.2 Release]

Your work really amazed me! just one question, shiny ring affect stationary Pokémon like Charmander?

My shinies so far ;) :

FluxBB bbcode testFluxBB bbcode testFluxBB bbcode testFluxBB bbcode test

Offline

#190 2014-08-06 23:08:35

ShantyTown
Member
Registered: 2013-12-04
Post 119/344

Re: Pokémon Maize [Beta 2.2 Release]

Thanks, and nice work!  That's a great question, though.  I just looked into it, and the Shiny Ring DOES affect both wild, stationary, and gift Pokemon.

Offline

#191 2014-08-12 01:18:57

Bike
Member
From: Chile
Registered: 2012-10-31
Post 65/72

Re: Pokémon Maize [Beta 2.2 Release]

I was hunting for a Shiny Magikarp (with no good results); Is correct the fishing sprite? by the way, it looks funny ;P .

FluxBB bbcode test

Offline

#192 2014-08-12 02:41:08

ShantyTown
Member
Registered: 2013-12-04
Post 120/344

Re: Pokémon Maize [Beta 2.2 Release]

Bike wrote:

I was hunting for a Shiny Magikarp (with no good results); Is correct the fishing sprite? by the way, it looks funny ;P .

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-bFDG … %5D_13.png

Haha I was waiting for someone to call me out on that.  I haven't gotten around to fixing the fishing sprites.  I've just been hoping nobody noticed :P  Do you have the Shiny Ring at the top of your inventory?

Offline

#193 2014-08-12 15:00:05

Bike
Member
From: Chile
Registered: 2012-10-31
Post 66/72

Re: Pokémon Maize [Beta 2.2 Release]

Yes, i have it, it's just bad luck.

Offline

#194 2014-08-12 18:20:57

ShantyTown
Member
Registered: 2013-12-04
Post 121/344

Re: Pokémon Maize [Beta 2.2 Release]

Bike wrote:

Yes, i have it, it's just bad luck.

Now that I think about it, I'm not 100% sure that it works for fishing Pokemon. I've just never checked to make sure. That being said, I'm about 98% sure it does work. I'll check later today, though.

Offline

#195 2014-08-13 04:41:03

ShantyTown
Member
Registered: 2013-12-04
Post 122/344

Re: Pokémon Maize [Beta 2.2 Release]

Update time:

1. Added Fairy moves (Dazzle Gleam, Disarm Voice, Drain Kiss, Moonblast, Play Rough, and Sweet Kiss)
2. Added Happiness/Friendship
3. Added all Eeveelutions (All of the evolutions work as expected, but I still have to add Sylveon's evolution method)
4. Added Moss Rock
5. New rival graphics thanks to Soloo993
EvBRaJX.png vClacQY.png

I also posted a video explaining happiness/friendship stuff: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCCY_dA … 2j15vB7w_A

Offline

#196 2014-08-17 02:53:42

ShantyTown
Member
Registered: 2013-12-04
Post 123/344

Re: Pokémon Maize [Beta 2.2 Release]

I have some cool updates to share!  Well, at least I think they're kind of cool...especially the first one:

1. Added Sudorand Woods.  This area is randomly generated.  That means it's different every time you enter it!  Watch this video for more info:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtUY7A1AvRs
2. New Professor Cedar sprite (this one might still need a couple tweaks). It's my first attempt at making a sprite from scratch:
pelrPmp.png

Last edited by ShantyTown (2014-08-17 02:55:39)

Offline

#197 2014-08-17 12:04:32

Pokemon_Master
Member
From: Eastern Kingdom of Mikado
Registered: 2013-05-18
Post 901/953
Website

Re: Pokémon Maize [Beta 2.2 Release]

The sprite looks cool.
Why would that place be so strange?

Offline

#198 2014-08-17 14:47:47

YORAMRW
Member
From: Dutchland.
Registered: 2013-03-29
Post 1,106/1,200
Website

Re: Pokémon Maize [Beta 2.2 Release]

ShantyTown wrote:

pelrPmp.png

That sprite has very much 3D effect and especially for the first time it's looks really good.


Hacks Gameboy 8-bit music in Pokémon Gen I & II, composes 8-bit music in LSDJ and FamiTracker.

“God created the Earth, but the Dutch created the Netherlands.”

Offline

#199 2014-08-17 15:47:39

ShantyTown
Member
Registered: 2013-12-04
Post 124/344

Re: Pokémon Maize [Beta 2.2 Release]

Pokemon_Master wrote:

The sprite looks cool.
Why would that place be so strange?

Thanks!  My idea is that it's the place where all of the Sudowoodo gather in the region.  They pretend to be trees when someone is looking, so they can remain hidden.  But, when your back is turned they act normal, so they're moving around.  I hope that answers your question...

TheMoneyOfTheWorld wrote:

That sprite has very much 3D effect and especially for the first time it's looks really good.

Thanks for the feedback.  It turned out surprisingly well, so hopefully I can do some more...  I kind of cheated with the arms.  I was like "there's no way I can draw the hands", so I just folded them behind the body!

Offline

#200 2014-08-17 18:35:02

Pokemon_Master
Member
From: Eastern Kingdom of Mikado
Registered: 2013-05-18
Post 902/953
Website

Re: Pokémon Maize [Beta 2.2 Release]

ShantyTown wrote:
Pokemon_Master wrote:

The sprite looks cool.
Why would that place be so strange?

Thanks!  My idea is that it's the place where all of the Sudowoodo gather in the region.  They pretend to be trees when someone is looking, so they can remain hidden.  But, when your back is turned they act normal, so they're moving around.  I hope that answers your question...

TheMoneyOfTheWorld wrote:

That sprite has very much 3D effect and especially for the first time it's looks really good.

Thanks for the feedback.  It turned out surprisingly well, so hopefully I can do some more...  I kind of cheated with the arms.  I was like "there's no way I can draw the hands", so I just folded them behind the body!

Ah, that Sudowoodo forest seems to be a good idea.
Can i catch sudowoodo there?

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB