Skeetendo

’Cause all games were better on the GBC

You are not logged in.

#26 2013-12-12 11:28:38

Pokemonking
Member
From: Sinnoh
Registered: 2013-04-13
Post 356/543
Website

Re: Possible solution for the spambots

Tendo or i

Offline

#27 2014-09-01 17:12:24

jastolze
Member
Registered: 2013-01-13
Post 91/112

Re: Possible solution for the spambots

I know this is old, but there still hasn't been much done about the spam. I've been observing the Spammers, and what they have in common:
- Username is Usually in 2's, Like Jane Smith, or JSmith, and almost always begins with a capital.
- 98% of Spammers have a website listed under their profile, I assume because that's their way of advertising. There have been a couple exceptions, like Blueler, the newest spammer at this moment.
- They never use profile pics, but then again, neither do I.

There are a TON of ways to stop this. With all the mods/admins, you'd think that this would have been solved by now. I apologize in advance for nagging, but not much irritates me more than a spammer.

Just look at Pokemon Prism's site: They have like 3 spammers who have posted more than 2000 topics in the last two months, and nothing is being done about it.

Please, do look into this. Some of the websites they're posting are malicious in some way.

Offline

#28 2014-09-01 21:51:19

stag019
Idea Killer
Registered: 2011-01-05
Post 600/630

Re: Possible solution for the spambots

jastolze wrote:

With all the mods/admins, you'd think that this would have been solved by now.

What?


You can try to hide yourself in this world of pretend; when the paper's crumpled up, it can't be perfect again.

Offline

#29 2014-09-01 22:27:06

jastolze
Member
Registered: 2013-01-13
Post 92/112

Re: Possible solution for the spambots

stag019 wrote:
jastolze wrote:

With all the mods/admins, you'd think that this would have been solved by now.

What?

It was funny the first time. Besides, there are like 5 admins here, and none of them have been able to solve the problem. All I'm saying is: This problem shouldn't be this bad. We have spammers spamming every day, and by applying some of the 'fixes' that I mentioned earlier, you could probably solve this.

Last edited by jastolze (2014-09-01 22:28:24)

Offline

#30 2014-09-02 03:44:58

stag019
Idea Killer
Registered: 2011-01-05
Post 601/630

Re: Possible solution for the spambots

we have 3 admins and 2 mods
0 admins and 1 mod are actually active
only peeople who have access to the forum software can solve a problem like spambots
that person is iimarckus
who isnt active


You can try to hide yourself in this world of pretend; when the paper's crumpled up, it can't be perfect again.

Offline

#31 2014-09-03 14:16:56

Pokemon_Master
Member
From: Eastern Kingdom of Mikado
Registered: 2013-05-18
Post 909/951
Website

Re: Possible solution for the spambots

stag019 wrote:

we have 3 admins and 2 mods
0 admins and 1 mod are actually active
only peeople who have access to the forum software can solve a problem like spambots
that person is iimarckus
who isnt active

Why don't you became an admin?

Offline

#32 2014-09-03 14:34:25

jastolze
Member
Registered: 2013-01-13
Post 94/112

Re: Possible solution for the spambots

^ Probably because you need an admin to make someone else an admin. He stated that there's only 1 mod that's active and mods iirc cannot change ranks. ^

However, to say someone isn't 'active' isn't accurate. I know for a fact that IIMarkcus was on when he banned 80C and that was in the last 3 - 4 months.

Offline

#33 2014-09-04 03:25:58

stag019
Idea Killer
Registered: 2011-01-05
Post 602/630

Re: Possible solution for the spambots

jastolze wrote:

^ Probably because you need an admin to make someone else an admin. He stated that there's only 1 mod that's active and mods iirc cannot change ranks. ^

However, to say someone isn't 'active' isn't accurate. I know for a fact that IIMarkcus was on when he banned 80C and that was in the last 3 - 4 months.

@First part: Yes. iimarckus would also have to want me to be an admin which I'm pretty sure he doesn't and I probably wouldn't do a good job anyways because I have too many real life issues I'm dealing with right now.

@Second part: Just because he was around once in a 3-4 month period doesn't make him "active".


You can try to hide yourself in this world of pretend; when the paper's crumpled up, it can't be perfect again.

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB