’Cause all games were better on the GBC

You are not logged in.

#151 2013-10-24 20:38:08

stag019
Idea Killer
Post 517/630

Re: Comments on my PKMN GREEN Version

ShaneM wrote:

These last two will be limited to which version you have. So if you want both, you'll need a Red and Green save! (From MY Red or Green, as other saves are not usable.) Stay tuned for further details. Thanks.

Can you tell the two apart? In the original games, save files between Red and Blue (not sure on anything other than the US releases) were 100% compatible. Theoretically, I could play Green twice and give you both save files, saying one is Green and one is Red. Unless you have your own way of telling them apart.

Also, I'm very interested in the ultra Rhydon, specifically, how you implemented it. Will you "evolve" a Rhydon that the player already has? Will you give out a Rhydon that just has it's stats altered to be better. Will you actually plug in Rhyperior base stats into the formula along with random IVs to make it authentic. If so, will it be at level 100? If not, leveling up will recalculate it's stats with Rhydon's base stats. Or is there a duplicate Rhydon in the game with it's own ID number and base stats, but everything else is the same.

I'm very bad at concluding long posts.

You can try to hide yourself in this world of pretend; when the paper's crumpled up, it can't be perfect again.

#152 2013-10-24 21:03:36

ShaneM
Post 161/287
Website

stag019 wrote:
ShaneM wrote:

These last two will be limited to which version you have. So if you want both, you'll need a Red and Green save! (From MY Red or Green, as other saves are not usable.) Stay tuned for further details. Thanks.

Can you tell the two apart? In the original games, save files between Red and Blue (not sure on anything other than the US releases) were 100% compatible. Theoretically, I could play Green twice and give you both save files, saying one is Green and one is Red. Unless you have your own way of telling them apart.

Also, I'm very interested in the ultra Rhydon, specifically, how you implemented it. Will you "evolve" a Rhydon that the player already has? Will you give out a Rhydon that just has it's stats altered to be better. Will you actually plug in Rhyperior base stats into the formula along with random IVs to make it authentic. If so, will it be at level 100? If not, leveling up will recalculate it's stats with Rhydon's base stats. Or is there a duplicate Rhydon in the game with it's own ID number and base stats, but everything else is the same.

I'm very bad at concluding long posts.

Well, both my games are hacks of blue, so you can go as far as sending me a blue save. One can use their Green save on my Red. The reason that I said this, was in case someone sent me a regular Red save expecting a promo Pokemon. I learned that I have to state things like that because people do crazy things on here a lot. (I've seen soooo much spam/RIDICULOUS posts on these forums.) A regular Red save wouldn't work with Blue because they are off by a byte because of CredVersion (from Pokered).

I am aware of what you said. So it will be lvl 100 or the base stats will revert upon leveling up. I have tested and traded between 2 games in BGB and I confirm that it works. Here is what I did, I took a copy of my Green, went to

RhydonBaseStats: ; 39002 (e:5002)
    db DEX_RHYDON ; pokedex id
    db 105 ; base hp
    db 130 ; base attack
    db 120 ; base defense
    db 40 ; base speed
    db 45 ; base special

and changed its stats to Rhyperior. I then captured a Rhydon, leveled it up to 100, and traded to my regular Green ROM. Works like a charm! It's stats are stable too. I will do the same for Surfing Pikachu, Amnesia Psyduck and Flying Gyrados. TM/HM are controlled by flag bits, with 0 being false and 1 being true. EX:

; learnset
    db %11100000
    db %00000011
    db %10001000
    db %11001111
    db %10100010
    db %10001000
    db %00100010

Even though I got ultra Rhydon to work, I'm going to see if I can come up with a better idea than that. I mean, I have til DEC 09th for the promotion anyway.

If I don't come up with a better idea, ultra Rhydon will stay and will be transferred to the save file from my special Green version.

Last edited by ShaneM (2013-10-24 21:07:00)

I'm back. I'll try not to get as frustrated with stupid questions. People on my naughty list:

*Pokemon_Master
*Noizy
*lipun
*Spambots

#153 2013-10-25 04:34:53

stag019
Idea Killer
Post 518/630

So you're saying unless you change your methods, everyone is going to get an ultra Rhydon with the exact same IVs (and EVs too)?

You can try to hide yourself in this world of pretend; when the paper's crumpled up, it can't be perfect again.

#154 2013-10-25 17:10:55

ShaneM
Post 164/287
Website

No. I will catch every Rhydon I give away and level it to 100. That way, they will all have Rhyperior's stats and still have different EV's/IV's. It's about 1 in a thousand that they will all have the exact same stats at 100 as every wild Pokemon is different.

Last edited by ShaneM (2013-10-25 17:12:24)

I'm back. I'll try not to get as frustrated with stupid questions. People on my naughty list:

*Pokemon_Master
*Noizy
*lipun
*Spambots

#155 2013-10-25 22:23:35

stag019
Idea Killer
Post 522/630

ShaneM wrote:

No. I will catch every Rhydon I give away and level it to 100. That way, they will all have Rhyperior's stats and still have different EV's/IV's. It's about 1 in a thousand that they will all have the exact same stats at 100 as every wild Pokemon is different.

Oh.

That sounds tedious. Good luck.

#156 2013-10-26 03:16:11

ShaneM
Post 169/287
Website

stag019 wrote:
ShaneM wrote:

Oh.

That sounds tedious. Good luck.

Thank you. Well, I'm using Pokered to find stuff. It's really not hard with understanding of what needs to be done. I'm glad that I was able to do it though. It's really more time-consuming than difficult.

*Pokemon_Master
*Noizy
*lipun
*Spambots

#157 2013-10-28 18:20:48

ShaneM
Post 186/287
Website

Well, I fixed the surfing in statues glitch. This will be released as one of the fixes in REV C on DEC 01. I made it the way Nintendo would, the same quality fix as if they actually did it.

*Pokemon_Master
*Noizy
*lipun
*Spambots

#158 2013-10-28 21:15:42

80C
Banned
Post 1,165/1,257

Aww... for me it's too late... I just inserted in my hack an odd joke dialogue about a swimmer that says to you:<<Fun Fact: you could put a rod inside statues! [Player]: That sounds weird!>>.

Why that glitch occours anyway?
Was the lower tile of the statues accidentally programmed to be a fishing tile?
Or there's just a part of code that interferes provoking the glitch?

I left this forum.

#159 2013-10-28 21:25:26

ShaneM
Post 187/287
Website

lol, yeah.

It actually did two checks in tile collision. I optimized it to make the routine even smarter. See, in a gym like Cerulean or Lorelei's room, you can surf, but I don't think Nintendo wanted it to be so (because, you can also catch Magikarp in said rooms because Magikarp can be caught in any water tile with Old Rod), so, I made it so that you cannot even surf in those two rooms, the water tiles are still there and everything intact, I just optimized the code.

Strangely, Oak's Lab, Saffron Fighting Dojo, and Lance's room were all assigned water surf collision. I fixed that, too. The next build come DEC 01 will be awesome! Also, I fixed a text glitch, too.

There will also be a few HUGE surprises coming with this release, too. Don't worry, IT IS STILL FAITHFUL TO GREEN JAPAN; JUST WITH GIANT BUG FIXES AND OPTIMIZATIONS.

Last edited by ShaneM (2013-10-28 21:28:48)

*Pokemon_Master
*Noizy
*lipun
*Spambots

#160 2013-10-29 20:14:16

ShaneM
Post 192/287
Website

I was not satisfied with the Thunderbolt restoration code that I did, so, I made a custom routine! Space in BANK $1E was tight. This fix will be released with REV. C on DEC 01st. Here is my custom ASM code, you may use it in your hack.

Thunderbolt Green ShaneM: ; 0x7bfc1 (1e:7fc1)
ld a,[W_SUBANIMCOUNTER]
srl a ; or, Prefix CB $3F
call c,AnimationFlashScreen ; if so, flash the screen [this is call c a16, btw]
ret ;return from subroutine

You can add code to your hack using a debugger or hex editor in free space. So in REV C, the absolute address that would need to be changed would be:

;Thunderbolt
;Go to offset  0x78F13  change $F7 $4F to $C1 $7F.
;This points to the custom code.

For newbies, ex. to calculate an absolute address in your own custom hack, such as 0x78BFC1, AND the offset by 3FFF and then add 4000. You should get 7FC1, this is big Endian, so switch it to C17F... Look familiar? :)

Last edited by ShaneM (2013-10-29 20:24:59)

*Pokemon_Master
*Noizy
*lipun
*Spambots

#161 2013-10-31 02:57:47

moritasan2040
Post 1/2

Will these Red and Green hacks work on an actual Game Boy using something like USB 64m Smart Card? I'd love to be able to play them with my friend and trade and battle and such.

#162 2013-10-31 03:36:01

ShaneM
Post 201/287
Website

moritasan2040 wrote:

Will these Red and Green hacks work on an actual Game Boy using something like USB 64m Smart Card? I'd love to be able to play them with my friend and trade and battle and such.

They 100% will!

I am an experienced hacker. I only strive for excellence. You should wait til' DEC 01st for the final version, where it will be released on my forum: http://shanempkmngen1boards.freeforums.net/

I will post some great tutorials and hacks on there soon. All are welcome to join!

*Pokemon_Master
*Noizy
*lipun
*Spambots

#163 2013-10-31 05:30:53

moritasan2040
Post 2/2

Alright. I guess it's only a month away. :)

I can't wait! This is too exciting! Thank you so much! :D:D:D

My friend wants to thank you as well.

Keep up the amazing work! Do you plan on doing this kinda hack for making an English version of the original Blue Version? It seems like it would be a lot easier, though I'm kind of lost when it comes to all the changes that occured from R/G to Blue to the international R/B... :?

#164 2013-10-31 05:59:30

ShaneM
Post 202/287
Website

moritasan2040 wrote:

Alright. I guess it's only a month away. :)

I can't wait! This is too exciting! Thank you so much! :D:D:D

My friend wants to thank you as well.

Keep up the amazing work! Do you plan on doing this kinda hack for making an English version of the original Blue Version? It seems like it would be a lot easier, though I'm kind of lost when it comes to all the changes that occured from R/G to Blue to the international R/B... :?

Cool. If you want to thank me, tell those friends about my forum. And yes, there are a lot of changes.

*Pokemon_Master
*Noizy
*lipun
*Spambots

#165 2013-12-06 19:37:13

ShaneM
Post 258/287
Website

http://shanempkmngen1boards.freeforums. … en-english

I would appreciate you joining when you download Green, REV C on there. Also, do remember that my promo POKEMON giveaway starts on DEC. 09th. Thank you. (You must be a member on there to partake in it, as you must PM me.)

Quote from my site:

Here is the long-awaited REV C! List of changes from my REV B:

-Redesigned Celadon & a few other places
-Added beta tiles, such as but not limited to: icy rocks in the Seafoam Islands
-Fixed various glitches, including Old Man on the Roof, coast tile glitch (surf), Max Ether/Elixer, Focus Energy glitch, etc.
-Added water surf data for all areas
-Assigned Mew to the Safari Zone surf data with a .00000001% chance of catching one
-Added the beta Seafoam entrance sign
-Corrected and translated a few more script changes that I somehow missed

I hope that you enjoy this. My English Red will be ready on Feb. 13, 2014 for public download. I have also included a special 151 "Catch em' All" edition! In that version, I've added a whole new island. Also, stay tuned for my promo giveaway on Dec. 09th!

bgb00099_zpsd073bf87.png

bgb00098_zpsc25f010c.png

bgb00100_zpsedf2ee53.png

bgb00101_zpse196b37a.png

THIS IS A FINISHED PRODUCT; THERE WILL NOT BE ANY MORE REVISIONS.

Last edited by ShaneM (2013-12-06 19:41:05)

*Pokemon_Master
*Noizy
*lipun
*Spambots

#166 2013-12-06 20:08:28

YORAMRW
Post 952/1,200
Website

That looks cool! Which area is that lowest picture from?

Hacks Gameboy 8-bit music in Pokémon Gen I & II, composes 8-bit music in LSDJ and FamiTracker.

“God created the Earth, but the Dutch created the Netherlands.”

#167 2013-12-06 20:28:36

ShaneM
Post 259/287
Website

TheMoneyOfTheWorld wrote:

The redrawn Celadon City.

*Pokemon_Master
*Noizy
*lipun
*Spambots

#168 2013-12-06 20:29:53

YORAMRW
Post 953/1,200
Website

ShaneM wrote:

Redrawn? Have you made a custom Celandon City?

Hacks Gameboy 8-bit music in Pokémon Gen I & II, composes 8-bit music in LSDJ and FamiTracker.

“God created the Earth, but the Dutch created the Netherlands.”

#169 2013-12-06 21:30:31

ShaneM
Post 260/287
Website

ShaneM wrote:

Redrawn? Have you made a custom Celandon City?

No. I just redid the map. For any further question/comments, please post it on my forum. Thank you.

*Pokemon_Master
*Noizy
*lipun
*Spambots

#170 2013-12-12 08:59:47

ShaneM
Post 261/287
Website

From Dec. 09th to Jan. 14th I will be taking requests for one of the following:

-FLYing GYRADOS
-SURFing PIKACHU (For this Pokemon, you will need to provide your own Pikachu, just like in stadium. Your file must still be saved in a Pokemon Center, though.)
-AMNESIA PSYDUCK

Send me you save file via PM (ON MY SITE!).

You must follow these guidelines to receive it:

It needs to be at least to the point where you receive the Pokedex. Make sure that you save in a Pokemon Center, too. (For some reason, when this is done, the timer in incremented by 30 minutes after I add a Pokemon. So expect that.)

When I finish my Red in February, I will host a promo for that, too. Occasionally, from then on, I will be hosting promos on certain dates, which I will list on my forum. Thank you and happy holidays!

-Aduel (ShaneM)

Read more: http://shanempkmngen1boards.freeforums. … z2nFWG1Ibp

Last edited by ShaneM (2013-12-12 09:01:39)

*Pokemon_Master
*Noizy
*lipun
*Spambots

#171 2014-04-05 00:09:06

Alexander_86
Post 15/35

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uq4q4U5ieBE check these bugs on blue maybe you got the same ones on blue and your green version

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NuqxnQGbi2I this is thunderbolt about the issue we discussed read the description in the video

#172 2014-04-08 16:56:44

Halfshadow
Post 3/343

Please can you make this hack also for the italian verison of Pokèmon Blue? If you do it you have to change Blu (Blue) to Verde (Green) in the title screen, in the Super Game boy frame and the name to choose for the player. I don't ask the green graphic, only the events (like in-game trades, casinò prizes, the title screen, the game boy color palette like the original Pokèmon Green cartridge and the edited super game boy frame).

Please can you do it? If you don't want do all the work can you please do this important things that I can't do myself?

-Palette of Pokèmon green on italian Pokèmon Blue
-Change title screen "Versione Blu" to "Versione Verde"
-Change BLU to VERDE in the choose menu of the player names at the start
-Change the Super game boy frame with the frame of Green.
-Replace Jigglypuff with Nidorino in the opening
-Replace the text of the pokèmon market "Pokèmon red and green are 2 pokèmon games"

Otherwise you can tell me how I can do myself? Thanks.

Last edited by Halfshadow (2014-04-08 18:59:24)

The italian Pokémon Green creator.

#173 2014-09-27 20:59:24

Alexander_86
Post 16/35

http://www.zophar.net/hacks/gb/pokemon- … h-870.html

Link of the green version enjoy.

Last edited by Alexander_86 (2017-01-03 02:09:43)

#174 2016-11-26 19:20:46

SommenRider
Post 1/14

Alexander_86, do you have ShaneM's Red&Green available together?

#175 2017-01-02 23:13:09

Alexander_86
Post 22/35

https://www.romhacking.net/hacks/1457/  here you go

Last edited by Alexander_86 (2017-06-19 01:46:26)

Board footer