Skeetendo

’Cause all games were better on the GBC

You are not logged in.

#576 2014-01-21 19:07:55

Scratt
Post 1/1

Re: Pokemon Grape

pokeglitch wrote:

Koolboyman's posts aren't damaging your reputation, you're doing that on your own.

This is true.
I believe he encourage people to make something better and more popular than Brown.
December 27th, 2010 Pokemon Violet (Skeetendo thread) Coolboyman wrote:

Glad to see you're still working on this hack. Keep it up, I'm pretty sure it'll end up being better than Brown.

May 12th, 2011 Pokemon Wood (PokéCommunity thread) Coolboyman wrote:

Official statement: This hack will be better than my Pokemon Brown if completed.
I'm very proud of you and everyone who is pushing ROM hacking forward while I'm busy with other stuff. Keep it up.

@80C You need to stop taking things so damn personally. Calm down, reread what pokeglitch wrote. He's got a point there.

#577 2014-01-21 20:19:33

koolboyman
Post 187/203

ShantyTown wrote:

Also, this should all be fun!  That's what ROM hacking is all about.

Pretty much this. It really doesn't bother me if he continues to make the ROM hack this way. I was just giving him feedback on what I would have done if I was him.

Also what Scratt said. I want his hack to be better than Brown, I want every hack to do better what I did! However by doing stuff like copy/pasting data from Brown, I don't believe he'll be able to do that. I could be wrong though, I was of course just giving my opinion.

Last edited by koolboyman (2014-01-21 21:10:33)

#578 2014-01-26 00:59:16

80C
Banned
Post 1,254/1,257

Scratt wrote:
pokeglitch wrote:

Koolboyman's posts aren't damaging your reputation, you're doing that on your own.

This is true.
I believe he encourage people to make something better and more popular than Brown.
December 27th, 2010 Pokemon Violet (Skeetendo thread) Coolboyman wrote:

Glad to see you're still working on this hack. Keep it up, I'm pretty sure it'll end up being better than Brown.

May 12th, 2011 Pokemon Wood (PokéCommunity thread) Coolboyman wrote:

Official statement: This hack will be better than my Pokemon Brown if completed.
I'm very proud of you and everyone who is pushing ROM hacking forward while I'm busy with other stuff. Keep it up.

@80C You need to stop taking things so damn personally. Calm down, reread what pokeglitch wrote. He's got a point there.

@Everybody
Well I don't care anymore about this mess and I don't care about what the other say, I'll do what the heck I want with my hack.

If someone effectively contributed on my hack I'll credit him as soon as his part of contribution is featured in a release, this automatically excludes any feature that isn't used in the hack and is unseen\unheard in the game, for example, if I injected in the ROM a music created by (example) Yoramrw and then this music is unused at all in the game and I'll have to delete it and in the final version there won't be anything from him then I don't need to credit him for something that won't be inside the final version, this is valid also for those 40 bytes of map I accidentally imported in January from Brown when I had that ROM lying around in the same directory in order to figure out a couple of problems.
I also have to point out that the map quoted isn't used at all in Demo2 and I even didn't noticed the erroneus map import until coolboyman gently posted the error above.

If a hack got some influences from other hacks unlike most of you I don't call it a copy, otherwise if I reason with your same reasoning then I have to say that Pokemon Brown 2014 is a copy of Grape for the fact that Fairy type was inserted and this happened AFTER my second demo come out, but I don't think so, if you don't think it then all the critics on Grape are pure jealousy, and that's my opinion.

@Scratt
Yes, jealousy, because unlike with Cartmic and sawakita coolboyman NEVER wrote me something like <<Glad to see you're still working on this hack. Keep it up>> or <<I'm very proud of you and everyone who is pushing ROM hacking forward while I'm busy with other stuff>>, NEVER, this really puts a couple of reasonable doubts about your statement.

Infact the matter is that this hack has already a lot of potentiality that could go easily beyond most of the Red hacks that came out earlier including Brown and reflecting about the fact that its author has achieved all this knowledge about hacking in only 1 year (as Hat said) and thus isn't a 1337 makes a lot of discontent.

<<Why a n00b in only 1 year from nothing is able to create one of the best Red hacks ever? This is not right cause he ain't a l33t, well, let's boicott its hack by, uhm, criticizing its grammar and then point the finger about similarities and then comparing the bytes to death in order to find something>>.

Yes, my hack is the subject of a boicott, otherwise the first comment could have been <<This hack seems good and has good potentiality but it seems that there's this unused map that got injected from Brown so clear it, apart from a couple things you still need to fix, because THIS IS A BETA, this work seems good, keep it up>> and not a post in which Coolboyman willfully tries to hurt this hack by posting immediately the Easter Egg I put on purpose to see who could have been the first idiot that wanted to point that Easter Egg out in order to try to damage the image of this hack. Then he put in his post something like <<this hack COULD have SOME potentiality (without saying "keep it up", note)>> just like <<Whops, I killed you... but I am sorry>>, this is the typical post of the guy that jacks-off its target and then tries to appear as completely nice and good <<because I said that this hack could have SOME potentiality, of course, I edited my post to insert the last statement later in order to don't appear rude as I wanted to be>>.

Well Scratt and Danny-E, think twice about say that the other ones want to help me while they don't want absolutely to, the only one here in these last posts that effectively helped me is ShantyTown, the other ones didn't really... Comet aka Padz didn't helped me either since he only shouted out in IRC a couple of things about asm that didn't really helped me and finished only to confuse me until I figured it out by myself referencing to other sources (expecially the GameBoy Opcodes document and the DuoDreamer Escape documents).

At the end the only people I have to credit are Danny since I used its patch, ShantyTown for a couple of custom tunes, ~Red for one custom tune too and sawakita for the OPEN source of Wood from which I adapted (ADAPTED, not COPIED - it's slightly different from the original code) an asm code.
I may include ShaneM for the FocusEnergy fix and IIMarckus for the original Red Disassembly project (but now I have my own one which has more details about previously unknown stuff I figured out) (sorry Yoramrw but I have no place in the ROM for your tune, it's too large and I won't include it then) so apart from that I don't need absolutely to credit people who didn't helped me at all so those ones could go to hell.

And, Koolboyman, I'm sorry for causing this mess (yes, I'm adding the apology-kind part at the end to make me appear not rude as I wanted to be as you did in your first post), I know there are a lot of fans of Grape that are fans of Brown and viceversa and they don't want a beef between two of the best GB hackers round here so I'll stop to complain other things and I stop continue the beef, now sorry for all this mess but I had to point out those couple of points since it's not right say that the other hackers want to help me while nobody wants to do it, you never wanted to help me while I actually wanted to help you (remember the sprites I gave you for Prism? I think that after this post you'll remove them) and people tend to forget this.

@Scratt

Just rethink about the fact I said above: NO-hecking-BODY of them wants to help me apart from who helped me before (with the exception of Danny that at some point after the release of Demo1 refused to help me and did bad statements about my hack), if someone really wants to help me or wants to make good comments then he\she doesn't try to damage the image of my hack.

I left this forum.

#579 2014-01-26 08:47:52

Miksy91
Post 2,059/2,339

It's true that we haven't been supporting you as much as we probably should have. I do remember cases when you had posted new updates, expecting somebody to write (positive) feedback based on them, and nobody said anything. That has happened many times to me as well, and of course it's a bit annoying.

But that's all about it. Even if we stay quiet and ignore your hack, it doesn't mean we hate you, or your hack because ignoring comes from simple things such as being lazy and a bit uninterested (and being uninterested is pretty much the opposite to "looking forward to playing this hack". As of now, there are no (yes, no) games or hacks in the world that I would be looking forward to play. Playing games just isn't my thing anymore.) And just as this one, I have been ignoring many other hacks out there as well.
As an example, I was planning to reply something to ShantyTown's new "battle arena" hack yesterday (which I didn't even download, at least, not yet), but since I had something else to do (just like now, I would much rather do my programming homework than type this, but I want you to hear this), I didn't say a thing.

Besides, I have been meaning to reply you quite often since you posted about what's been going on in your real life. I haven't had as tough as you, but I still have a feeling I might know how you feel (my own life until high school wasn't "that great" (= bad) either). Then again, I haven't had an idea what to say to make you feel important and that you'd belong here.

Now even if you might not want to believe ANY of this - it's all true. You've got to learn to trust people. It's not easy if your private life has been tough and you have learned not to trust others, but you'll have to get rid off that thought if you have it. (I'm just trying to imagine myself in your "boots", but of course, I don't know you that well so how can I tell...).

Last edited by Miksy91 (2014-01-26 08:49:26)

#580 2014-01-26 23:35:07

tekcoR
Post 165/165

Over the discussions with 80C I've come up with the theory that it is physically impossible to phrase criticism without him getting butthurt/throwing a fit/slandering in Italiano. (you know what I mean) Especially how you're stabbing KBM in the back again shows what a poor soul you are.

Also, adding fairy-type gotta be the most original, fanciest idea i've ever heard of. I bet Gamefreak also took that idea from you for X/Y.

edit: I feel honored having a cameo in your hack. And I'm sure you just accidentally imported Gravel Town. Honi soit qui mal y pense.

Last edited by tekcoR (2014-01-26 23:39:29)

Cya

#581 2014-01-27 14:12:35

80C
Banned
Post 1,255/1,257

tekcoR wrote:

Over the discussions with 80C I've come up with the theory that it is physically impossible to phrase criticism without him getting butthurt/throwing a fit/slandering in Italiano. (you know what I mean) Especially how you're stabbing KBM in the back again shows what a poor soul you are.

Also, adding fairy-type gotta be the most original, fanciest idea i've ever heard of. I bet Gamefreak also took that idea from you for X/Y.

edit: I feel honored having a cameo in your hack. And I'm sure you just accidentally imported Gravel Town. Honi soit qui mal y pense.

Yo retard (TekcoRoaches), the beef between me and Koolboyman got solved a couple days ago.

@Miksy
It seems that the imported Gravel Town was in one of the old downloads that weren't updated as his first screenshot of the pokedex shows the total amount of pokemon in that screenshot was 248 while the last release has only 246 entries (instead of 248 of the Demo1) so he downloaded Demo1 or one of those malfunctionant copies of Demo2 released 20 days before the 25th December released which were patches obtained erroneously from older buildts in which I didn't cut unused stuff and placeholder data yet.

In Skeetendo when Demo2 came out the link wasn't updated until 1 month later, and when the link on Skeetendo was updated (by Danny-E under my request) it was updated with the wrong version (remember I can't edit my post, right?) since there was a great confusion of download links and I didn't advised him again to change the link again after Christmas 2013... in a few words it was plenty full of different downloadable versions around (in the first ones there is that temporarily "Anti-jar-piracy" that made the screen white or black unless you manually set the SGB option on the emulator).

I said what I had to say, now just ignore all this mess because I decided this time to take a lot of time and release the Final Version only after a lot of years until everybody forgets how sucking the first version was, otherwise they'll keep comparing the game to brown even before they play it just like when I released Demo2, the web is full of ignorant trolls that troll out my hack just for the pleasure of doing it (just like TekcoRoaches).

I left this forum.

#582 2014-01-27 16:11:27

80C
Banned
Post 1,256/1,257

tekcoR wrote:

Honi soit qui mal y pense.

Qui gladio ferit gladio perit.

I left this forum.

#583 2014-01-27 17:00:26

Vitharix
Post 392/396

80C wrote:

I said what I had to say, now just ignore all this mess because I decided this time to take a lot of time and release the Final Version only after a lot of years until everybody forgets how sucking the first version was, otherwise they'll keep comparing the game to brown even before they play it just like when I released Demo2, the web is full of ignorant trolls that troll out my hack just for the pleasure of doing it (just like TekcoRoaches).

Given that many's first experiences with Pokemon hacks are from Brown (mainly because of Youtube LPs) I think it's inevitable that people will compare it. Why don't you, instead freaking out about criticism, use it as motivation to distinguish your hack from all others? You have the tools, the knowledge... But you seem to bristle at every bit of criticism. And I should add that criticism is always helpful, with the right mindset. Anyway, I don't think I've ever commented on your hack, but I did watch it because you are doing cool things. Anyway, the point I'm getting at is.. chill man. You're doing good work. That should be enough for your own pride.

Last edited by Vitharix (2014-01-27 17:01:47)

#584 2014-01-27 23:50:37

Danny-E 33
Administrator
Post 727/1,119

80C wrote:

NO-hecking-BODY of them wants to help me apart from who helped me before (with the exception of Danny that at some point after the release of Demo1 refused to help me and did bad statements about my hack)

80C, when are you going to stop that?
I never tried hurting you or your hack. I have always only tried helping you. I don't understand why you resent me.
For the most part, everyone here has good advice. Criticism can be a good thing.

#585 2014-01-28 03:00:33

jiangzhengwenjz
Post 5/9

It seems that Ur determination is hard to change, however, as a person who is not related to this argument, I want to say that there's no need for you to be disturbed and the others didn't really want to hurt U. Your hack is undoubtedly great that I think you are really a potential hacker. If you don't leave this forum, U are sure to be even better and you will learn more things. I am looking forward to your next step.

P.S. Forgive my terrible English because I am not a European or an American.

#586 2014-01-29 05:12:07

koolboyman
Post 191/203

80C wrote:
tekcoR wrote:

Yo retard (TekcoRoaches), the beef between me and Koolboyman got solved a couple days ago.

Dude you really need stop calling people names.  All you need to do is tell him what happened.

80C wrote:

NO-hecking-BODY of them wants to help me apart from who helped me before (with the exception of Danny that at some point after the release of Demo1 refused to help me and did bad statements about my hack)

Neither did anybody when I made the first Brown version.

Also can you reupload the second version? The mediafire link's now broken. I want to do a legitimate play through sometime.

Last edited by koolboyman (2014-01-29 05:14:38)

#587 2014-01-29 13:57:44

Pokemonking
Post 396/543
Website

80c why you threatend me in email to delete my post?

#588 2014-02-19 23:03:57

80C
Banned
Post 1,257/1,257

Pokemonking wrote:

80c why you threatend me in email to delete my post?

Because you're a sucker.
Seriously, how many times have you annoyed the hell out the whole forum with your dumb statements?

Heyo, for the newbie users, search "Lipun" in the user list OR read this to get a taste of what Pokemonkidd a.k.a. Lipunk offers: http://hax.iimarck.us/topic/3123/

Hmm, embarassing, he never gave a contribute apart from filling the Forum's cache.

For all the other ones who are reading this thread, the beef between me and KBM is over since 1 month (ZBoards knows something more about).

About the other fools of the IRC 1337 (Elitary group of the IRC crowd) well hmm, now everybody knows that Skeedtendo Forums (aka Weedendo) is higly elitary: yo, new users, you won't hand on anything about hacking here unless you're a recommended of their side (butt-lickers in a few words) as, you know, they consider who's outside the Disassembly Project just "inferior" (thanks to the IRC for the distinction between "Normal users" and "Inferior users").

ShantyTown, ShaneM, and all the fans of my hack and aspiring hackers: my contribute to hacking isn't wasted and my hack wasn't done in vain.

I made Generation 1 Hacking popular once again with my hack, now get my legacy and keep up with the good work.

I'm pretty done here, I don't need to come here again as I don't need to give any more explanation about my hack, I've explained the rest everywhere.
Goodbye my fans.

IRC punks farewell.

And

By the way

Suck my matter Funky Disk.

I left this forum.

#589 2014-02-20 19:58:41

692/703

80C wrote:

I'm pretty done here, I don't need to come here again as I don't need to give any more explanation about my hack, I've explained the rest everywhere.

Oh, so you’re leaving again? Here, let me help you find your way out.

Board footer