’Cause all games were better on the GBC

You are not logged in.

#501 2013-12-01 19:09:03

80C
Banned
Post 1,212/1,257

Re: Pokemon Grape

Miksy91 wrote:

I like the idea of having an additional girl-patch unless you can fit both of them together.
It shouldn't be too hard to create a script (yes, I know you would do it with assembly) that would in the intro ask if you want to be a boy or a girl. It could work like this;

"Choose the gender (you can be a girl by refusing to be a boy)."

loop {

"Do you want to be a boy?"
  (YES / NO)
  if "yes" --> :continue

"Do you want to be a girl instead?"
  (YES / NO)
  if no --> :loop

push hl
  ld hl, address
  set 0, (hl)
  pop hl
  jump :continue

}

continue
-continue doing all the other stuff during the intro

In the end, it would set a certain bit if you chose girl and that bit would remain unset if you chose to be a boy instead. Then in every situation where it would require to compare which gender you chose, you would code that comparison (trainer card and battle sequence would be the only occasions, wouldn't they? ... yeah, and of course overworld sprites).

But yeah, it's not "end of the world" if you can't fit this feature in the hack but it would certainly make it appear a lot more advanced than just a simple pokemon red hack. Besides, if someone wanted to try out the game with both genders, s/he would need two files of the same hack for absolutely no reason. Not that it would really make a difference, but like I stated here, having this feature built-in the hack would make it better.

Uhm, if this was a Gold hack then I could have answered with no doubts yes, but since this is a Red hack and "scripting" in R\B is very different this is gonna be a world of pain (also because a thing like this was never tried on Red\Blue!) by the way... just wait the Demo2 meanwhile, okay?
The super-hyper-incredible asm will be added in Final Version (like the intro screens for example).

Also, here's the new trailer!
Click Here!

I hope you'll enjoy it.

Spoiler:
@Danny-E

Could you erase the old link to the old videos that now does not exist anymore and put this one instead?
Also - you promised me you'll change the screenshots in the first post soon ;)

I left this forum.

#502 2013-12-01 19:52:26

Miksy91
Post 1,991/2,348

80C wrote:

Uhm, if this was a Gold hack then I could have answered with no doubts yes, but since this is a Red hack and "scripting" in R\B is very different this is gonna be a world of pain (also because a thing like this was never tried on Red\Blue!) by the way... just wait the Demo2 meanwhile, okay?
The super-hyper-incredible asm will be added in Final Version (like the intro screens for example).

I totally agree with the fact that it's not a piece of cake job to do, but all the other things apart from overworld sprite editing shouldn't be too much hassle. You could probably work out the scripting of intro in the exact same way "yes/no people events" are programmed.

Trainer card and battle sprites could be changed at the moment when they're supposed to be looked with some register pair load -instructions. Then again, making overworld sprites loading correctly could require a little bit more than just debugging a routine or two.

But yeah, you could just leave this idea be, but come possibly back to it later when/if you feel like you know enough to do it.

#503 2013-12-01 20:33:38

YORAMRW
Post 944/1,200
Website

80C wrote:

There is news:
Actually I'll insert (not in demo2 anyway) some new custom music thanks to a good hacker named ShantyTown.
I wish really add him in the Credit list for music hacking as he made\converted for me a song (used for the credits).

Sounds cool. I always like when people put custom music in their hacks.
You will also insert my Lavender Town music for the Dungeon of Defrite, right?

Last edited by YORAMRW (2013-12-01 20:33:58)

Hacks Gameboy 8-bit music in Pokémon Gen I & II, composes 8-bit music in LSDJ and FamiTracker.

“God created the Earth, but the Dutch created the Netherlands.”

#504 2013-12-02 10:53:00

Pokemonking
Post 348/543
Website

Seems good keep it up 80c.I am waiting for your demo and gran is a selfish guy who dont know anything

#505 2013-12-04 15:56:01

80C
Banned
Post 1,217/1,257

Well, last news:

* In Demo2 193 Pokemon will be avaiable (+ their Pokedex pages), the only strange thing is that if you view the palette of a pokemon which Pokedex Number is > 187 its palette is greyscale, but only in that menu, because in the Pokedex and during battles its palette will be showed correctly.
This will be fixed after Demo2 but I still have no idea why this occours, it may has to do with some sort of check that checks if the index number of a Pokemon is > Victreebel;

* As promised 5 GYMs will be avaiable and accessible, enjoy the changed script for accessing the 5th!
Infact - if you remember - in Brown you could access the 5th GYM as soon as you get cut, well, this won't be possible in Grape where you'll have first to get at least 4 Badges, no matter the order you get the last 2 of them.
You could challenge only 4 of the GYMLEADERs though. (DEMO2 ends in the 5th GYM);

* Some custom texts which were repointed, good nightmares;

* Custom Items that could be used to evolve old and new Pokemon like Trade Stone, Star Gem or Dusk Stone;

* TM Locations were changed a bit;

* You could obtain 2 Relics (2 on a total of 3) in this Demo;

* Added a grinding area in the south of Megan City in Route 55;

* Fixed the infamous grammar errors and text glitching too;

* Strange voices about a menu freezing after leaving Mt.Lyre won't have to worry now;

* Many tilesets were re-arranged and re-designed a bit;

* Custom asm codes, 1 from scratch done by me (more flying areas) by even correcting the Disassembly document (Danny-E corrected it for me, thank you) in that part about "Flying in Route 12" which was incorrect;

* Some changes even from the beginning.

That's all, Demo2 is very near to completion, I have to finish a couple of texts, fix a small bug and then Adapt it as Demo.

If you see the Trailer you'll see even the release Date.

I left this forum.

#506 2013-12-06 23:00:56

80C
Banned
Post 1,222/1,257

I'm actually undecided if make one of the 2 Snorlax another big sleeping Pokemon (maybe Kanghaskhan?)

This one will block the access to the Alps (Route 64), but I have no ideas which Pokemon could replace him... as for now I thought Kanghaskhan, but I'm still not sure.
Any brilliant idea?

By the way: next time (not in this release) I might consider repoint Rustel City data and add a new script that prevents you enter in Mt.Lyre before you get the Pokedex, by the way, in this version at a certain point if you erroneusly forget to take the Pokedex you won't be able to go throught a certain point.

I left this forum.

#507 2013-12-07 04:09:08

Rytizs
Post 308/334

What about Torkoal?

"Wuju style!"

#508 2013-12-07 12:55:27

80C
Banned
Post 1,224/1,257

Ouch, that sounds very cool but unfortunately I haven't added it yet because the 3rd Generation pokemon occour later in the Pokedex (after #220) while I reached as for now #193 - in Demo2 infact there are 193 fully working Pokemon.

There are only 3 minor bugs:

1- Pokemon after Pokedex number #187 display a greyscale palette only in the Stats Menu, during battles and in the Pokedex their palette is showed correctly though;

2- Pokemon after Pokedex number #187 won't be updated as "seen" or "caught" in the Pokedex, this is quite weird because the pokemon with index number > 151 and < 187 are displayed correctly as seen or caught...

3- If you open too much TMs at the same time (like 6 at the same time) the game may freeze.
I think this one is related to the new asm code that fixes the Name Glitch ---> glitch which occours for Pokemon with Internal Index Number > 0xC4 (196 in decimal) and twistes-up names confusing Pokemon Names and Move names replacing it with a corresponding Item Name of the same index number, even the moves with index number >0xC4 are "swapped" with a TM Name.
With this new asm this doesn't occour anymore and plus the TM Names will keep their names when those are deposited in the PC (a thing that doesn't occour in Brown).
I don't know quite why this happens... maybe it could be fixed in future, so, as for now don't use too much TMs at the same time! Save and reset when you use more than 3 TMs! (because at the 5th-6th the game may freeze).

Number 1 and 2 may be related to an internal check which "invalidates" Pokemon with an Internal Index Number > to the Internal Index Number of Victreebell, the last Pokemon (officially) added.

I should find this check but there's no documentation regarding it, even in the various versions of the Red Disassembly - which doesn't contain every kind of information such as how Slot Machine works (I just wonder how those works!) - infact their data stuff in the document isn't showed.

Number 3 is related to that (really important) asm.
Maybe I could fix it in the future.

Please, don't answer with comments like <<you could try insert a script similar to this, in Gold it works perfectly>> since THIS IS NOT A HACK BASED ON POKEMON GOLD, infact every "script" is related and buildt with ASM! and thus it won't work, only Gen1 asm may solve the problem.

And please, don't answer with things like <<Disassemble the Game and put your code in>> because I started hack this in 2012 when I didn't quite know Skeetendo or even the World Wide Web, I started with hex Editing as the Tutorials showed me and then I implemented it with BGB Disassembly for implement new asm codes.
I won't give a damn if you'll say I'm a "Class B hacker" because I'm free to hack how the f*** I want my game and actually this could compete really against Pokemon Brown since it matches (or even goes above) its level of modifications which will be pumped even more later.
And I won't give a damn if somebody will say <<This way of hacking doesn't make you learn anything>> because actually I learnt in 6 months what most of the "common" (in particular GEN3) Hackers didn't learnt about Red\Blue in their whole life (lefting apart guys like Sawakita or 2Mark which made all this thing of the Disassembly Project).

And finally, this is my first "real" hack (and the first ever of Red) and this will be my last hack of 1st Generation, so why you rant against me? It's useless!
If I decided to make one of the best hacks ever then just enjoy the game as it was meant to be! (just like the other Pokemon Games tough).

Maybe this is simply what I call "The Brown Jealousy Syndrome", since Pokemon Brown (2009) is more popular as it came out earlier then some people tend to hate this one since it's its "competition".

Well, I put myself a lot into this game to guarantee it's enough enjoyable and could compete against most of the known (old school) hacks to show everybody that:

1- if you get down with your targets and try a lot you'll be able to accomplish it, even if you're a newbie (as I was at the beginning of this - 2013 - year);
2- Red hacks are still funny in the 10's even 20 years after the release of the original Red & Blue with X & Y already around.

That's it, I'll upload soon a video showing some custom Music (thanks to ShantyTown for making\converting the sequence).

I left this forum.

#509 2013-12-07 15:50:04

Rytizs
Post 309/334

I got everything you said. And I don't really care about Pokedex gliches or bugs, I only care about the game and Pokemon in it. I think this might be a silly question (as usual), but will you relese your hack before or after Christmas?

Last edited by Rytizs (2013-12-08 05:14:05)

"Wuju style!"

#510 2013-12-07 21:46:42

80C
Banned
Post 1,225/1,257

Rytizs wrote:

I got everything you said. And I don't really care about Pokedex gliches or bugs, I only care about the game and Pokemon in it. I think this might be a silly question (as usual), but will you release your hack before or after Christmas?

Quiet... no problem, I wasn't referring to anybody - it was just a general advisory ;)

By the way that's not a "big" glitch since it regards only pokemon with Pokedex number >187 (and since in Demo2 there will be 192 Pokemon there won't be so much Pokemon that won't be updated --->the total amount of these is 6: Wooper, Quagsire, Togepi, Togetic & Togekiss).

About the release, check out the Trailer of Demo2 - nope, in this case this question isn't silly since the link to the Trailer in the first Post wasn't updated.

By the way the link to the trailer is this one: http://youtu.be/ZOU2Ht2DGyw

I left this forum.

#511 2013-12-08 05:30:08

Rytizs
Post 310/334

I watched it.
If there is 192 Pokemon, but 187 will be in Pokedex, so isn't it 5 who wont be in it, then (Wooper, Quagsire, Togepi, Togetic, Togekiss- 5)?

Anyway I'm waiting for this one's release and maybe I'll be more lucky to find that tunnel in Demo 2 :/

Last edited by Rytizs (2013-12-08 05:37:19)

"Wuju style!"

#512 2013-12-08 15:28:38

80C
Banned
Post 1,226/1,257

DEMO2 is ready.

I'm not sure if anticipate (once again) the release or wait until December 25th and release it at XMas.

Lemme know.

I left this forum.

#513 2013-12-08 15:50:02

YORAMRW
Post 958/1,200
Website

You should delay the release until 15 July 2014, because Gangnam Style exists for 2 years then! :D

Hacks Gameboy 8-bit music in Pokémon Gen I & II, composes 8-bit music in LSDJ and FamiTracker.

#514 2013-12-08 16:25:54

80C
Banned
Post 1,227/1,257

TheMoneyOfTheWorld wrote:

You should delay the release until 15th July 2014, because Gangnam Style exists for 2 years then! :D

In this case that makes no sense... this is Pokemon Grape Version, not Pokemon Psy Version...
Please - I know you're excited for the news - but don't post meaningless posts 'cause other visitors may be confuse by those.

by the way, i did a few modifications of the last second for the release, such as the "Ending Text" that suggests you that the "DEMO ends in there..." etc, plus I've set the difference between Pshisical and Special types among the new types:

1- New Phisical types:

* Steel
* Wind
* Sound

2- New Special Types:

* Light
* Wood
* Fairy
* Dark
* Abnormal
* Gas

By the way you could look also at the new TYPE CHART TABLE which reports combinations between types;
The other types are unchanged from Gen2 (exept new weaknesses against some new types).

I left this forum.

#515 2013-12-08 17:00:42

80C
Banned
Post 1,228/1,257

DEMO 2 IS OUT:

DOWLOAD HERE!

I left this forum.

#516 2013-12-08 17:48:16

Rytizs
Post 311/334

.jar? :P I would like to always have it with me

Last edited by Rytizs (2013-12-08 18:26:21)

"Wuju style!"

#517 2013-12-08 17:52:18

YORAMRW
Post 959/1,200
Website

80C wrote:
TheMoneyOfTheWorld wrote:

You should delay the release until 15th July 2014, because Gangnam Style exists for 2 years then! :D

In this case that makes no sense... this is Pokemon Grape Version, not Pokemon Psy Version...

That's called a joke.. -_-

But anyhow, thanks for the demo. :)

Last edited by YORAMRW (2013-12-08 17:53:16)

#518 2013-12-08 17:53:35

RaltVus
Post 457/548
Website

Rytizs wrote:

.jar? :P I would like to have it with me always

Do you use a .jar fone no, why don't you use the meboy-f.
I the same that meboy, but you can acess the rom from the Fone/SD Card.

RaltVus is back.

I'm not hacking in the moment, but i always had ideas to give. Just ask me if you want.

MY FACEBOOK

#519 2013-12-08 17:57:28

Rytizs
Post 312/334

Haha (not). my old phone don't have enough RAM to launch ROM's with Meboy-f (sadly). I missed my Android... But this is off-topic so let's just end it NOW.

"Wuju style!"

#520 2013-12-08 18:07:27

RaltVus
Post 458/548
Website

@Rytizs
Ok, and i've already downloaded the Demo 2.
Can't wait wait to play.

RaltVus is back.

I'm not hacking in the moment, but i always had ideas to give. Just ask me if you want.

MY FACEBOOK

#521 2013-12-08 20:18:53

80C
Banned
Post 1,229/1,257

Any feedback?

Is it at least better than Demo1 (I thought so...)

I left this forum.

#522 2013-12-08 21:23:42

YORAMRW
Post 960/1,200
Website

Sorry, but I am still in the second town, because I was doing homework..

#523 2013-12-09 07:33:14

y0r124
Post 316/331
Website

Wow time to download, and play of course.

my FB

Lurking somewhere here...

#524 2013-12-09 13:07:42

Kumar
Post 203/383
Website

awesome gotta play it.

#525 2013-12-09 15:11:36

80C
Banned
Post 1,230/1,257

IMPORTANT!

THERE WAS A SMALL BUG THAT LEFT YOU STUCK IN THE RUINS OF THE MEGA MART!

IT WAS FIXED QUICKLY AND THE LINK UPDATED!

DOWNLOAD AGAIN THE IPS PATCH AND PATCH IT TO A CLEAN RED ROM.
YOU COULD KEEP YOUR OLD DEMO2 SAVEFILE BECAUSE IT'S 100% COMPATIBLE!

LINK:
NEW LINK HERE!

Thank you.

I left this forum.

Board footer