Skeetendo

’Cause all games were better on the GBC

You are not logged in.

#376 2013-08-17 09:24:56

80C
Banned
Post 1,052/1,257

Re: Pokemon Grape

How could I compile Stag's compressor (the .c file)?
I never compiled it before...

I left this forum.

#377 2013-08-17 11:11:42

Hat
Post 35/118

For Windows you can try Dev-C++.

#378 2013-08-17 15:30:14

80C
Banned
Post 1,053/1,257

ok, problem solved, I found that I were wrong when I setted the canvas setting in TileM.
The columns should always be "1".

Pokemon Grape
now say welcome to the whole Chikorita evolutive family:

zl9t.png
fbi4.png
6z0.png

there are no pokedex pages and evolution\moves data yet, but right now I'm looking the evolution\data topic (that is for GenII but is almost similar).
About pokedex pages I'll search by myself and I hope that there's a tutorial somewhere on Skeetendo forums (a genI tutorial).

Not bad as my first Red hack.

@Hat
I started use woodpression but anyway thanks, that could be useful in the future.

I left this forum.

#379 2013-08-17 16:37:16

Rytizs
Post 215/334

Okay... Hmmm Chikorita will be in wild or it will be starter?

"Wuju style!"

#380 2013-08-17 16:58:59

Ifin
Post 4/31
Website

Rytizs wrote:

Okay... Hmmm Chikorita will be in wild or it will be starter?

It would be great if as a starter or given by someone. (just a suggestion) ^^

Pokemon Games
- GB-GBC Hack (meboy): Download
- GBA ROMs Hack: Download

Now Playing:
Coldplay - Clocks ^^

#381 2013-08-17 18:32:49

80C
Banned
Post 1,058/1,257

neither a starter nor a wild pokemon - at least in the next versions.
You'll have to buy him.

even more pokemon are coming...

I left this forum.

#382 2013-08-17 20:25:44

80C
Banned
Post 1,059/1,257

updates:

23cq.png 4nho.png
2cbg.png
tsbo.png

also:
@Stag019

The fix to evolution\moves was successfull, otherwise it couldn't have worked - chikorita and bayleef infact learnt new moves.

I'm not sure that the other pointer about the base stat is really a pointer for the base stats, anyway I'll try.

I left this forum.

#383 2013-08-17 21:20:18

stag019
Idea Killer
Post 494/630

80C wrote:

The fix to evolution\moves was successfull, otherwise it couldn't have worked - chikorita and bayleef infact learnt new moves.

I'm not sure that the other pointer about the base stat is really a pointer for the base stats, anyway I'll try.

Once again, just because certain aspects of the repointed data work doesn't mean that everything does. There can be more than one pointer to the same piece of data, each dealing with different things.

stag019 wrote:

If you hadn't noticed, in Pokemon Brown (at some point, it may have been fixed), there were 2 glitches noticeable that deal with Pokemon being repointed. One of them is that when you evolve a Pokemon (level-up, stone, etc.), it's stats are abnormal until you level up. Another one was if you attempted to use certain stones on certain Pokemon, it would say "Not Able" even though using the stone actually does work. The extra moves/evolutions pointers are easy enough to fix. The extra base stats pointer requires some small assembly work because it's in a different bank. I wanna see if you can figure it out.

Reread the bolded parts.

80C wrote:

@Hat
I started use woodpression but anyway thanks, that could be useful in the future.

Another C compiler I would recommend, especially if you're looking for something small that doesn't require installing (you can delete the whole thing when you're done with it if you want) is tcc (Tiny C Compiler). It has great compatibility, and is very small.

Last edited by stag019 (2013-08-17 21:22:17)

You can try to hide yourself in this world of pretend; when the paper's crumpled up, it can't be perfect again.

#384 2013-08-17 22:58:40

80C
Banned
Post 1,060/1,257

Now everything should be fixed.
I fixed evolution\moves glitches as well as the error (that happened also in Brown) in which when you level up a pokemon his stats are abnormal.

I fixed both of these problems, because if each pokemon is still able to learn new moves (also the added ones) and the stats now doesn't glitch-up then everything should be correct.
I tried also to see if the Stonevolutive pokemon could still evolve with the stone and they evolve like normal.

Everything got fixed.
today I also fixed and hacked the prizes - prizes and levels of the prizes are correct.

prizes are:

.The starters of Jotho;
.Eevee (Jotho variety, it could evolve in Espeon\Umbreon)
.Tyrogue;
.Bagon;
.Silph Scope (yes, you'll have to play for a while at the slots if you really want to continue your adventure, and pray to don't finish with no money or you'll get stuck before the 6th Gym! fortunately it isn't very expensive - 1000 coins);
.Rare candies;
.Master Ball, 9999 coins.

Now chikorita, bayleef and Meganium are real working pokemon such as the previous 151 (exept the pokedex pages for now) - in Demo2 is guaranteed that you could obtain them and raise them.

Stag019, thank you very much ;)

Next time I'll look if I will be able to put new pokedex pages and species for the new inserted pokemon.

PS: the new amount of total pokemon was a bit decreased, now it's 246 instead of 248 (I put off Lileep and Cradily, better, I've got more space now and less risks).

I left this forum.

#385 2013-08-18 11:05:54

Danny-E 33
Administrator
Post 626/1,198

Nice, you're making great progress! And I like the choice of prizes.

stag019 wrote:

Another C compiler I would recommend is tcc (Tiny C Compiler).

Hm, sounds useful, I'll take a look at it.

#386 2013-08-18 13:49:22

80C
Banned
Post 1,061/1,257

Danny-E 33 wrote:

Nice, you're making great progress! And I like the choice of prizes.

stag019 wrote:

Another C compiler I would recommend is tcc (Tiny C Compiler).

Hm, sounds useful, I'll take a look at it.

Hm, yes, with the right tutorials and after many tries I did it.

Also, I came up with the idea of a super-secret place inside the game called "Crystal Island" in which you could find a guy (me) that gives you a LV70 Driadjin, but the method of access is really difficult and requires both fancy and luck to perform it (I won't spoil it, it's too genial! You'll have to find it by yourself so it's more funny!).
This method could be performed also if the game is in a cartridge version with no cheats.

@Danny-E 33
I know you used the Red HP Bar palette for the miniballs in the pokedex and in the box.
I wanted modify the Red bar palette and create a new palette similar to the one you used for the miniballs and assign this new palette to the miniball asm code that assignes them a palette.

I tried watch the Info for the graphic patch but I didn't found where is indicated the Red HPBar palette - I probabilly have to change only 1 byte, where the asm code indicates which palette the miniballs use?

I left this forum.

#387 2013-08-18 19:14:44

80C
Banned
Post 1,068/1,257

damn damn damn...

It didn't worked!!!

The modifies put off the stats glitch, but literally glitched up the rest of the game because it freezed each time a wild pokemon was encountered, and that glitch was unfixable, I even had to delete Pokemon Grape and restore the previous build of Pokemon Grape (the most recent) that fortunately didn't had any bug - fortunately it was very very very similar to the last build - the only things missing were the new Pokemon (meganium etc.) + evolution data + fix.

I put again the pokemon + evolution data\movesets (again) and now I'm again stuck in my hacking operation, fortunately I discovered that previous lethal bug, is like someone from the high doesn't like that I finish this hack and starts glitch it... just an impression, no real facts.

No, seriously, I need to fix completely that Stat\evolution glitch - I could fix the Moveset glitch by replacing the last 3 bytes that Stag019 indicated me (but not the first one).

Actually I think that only Koolboyman fixed correctly that glitch in a hack, I'll have to ask him.

Don't worry, the hack is still alive.

I left this forum.

#388 2013-08-18 21:00:28

Danny-E 33
Administrator
Post 628/1,198

80C wrote:

@Danny-E 33
I know you used the Red HP Bar palette for the miniballs in the pokedex and in the box.
I wanted modify the Red bar palette and create a new palette similar to the one you used for the miniballs and assign this new palette to the miniball asm code that assignes them a palette.

I tried watch the Info for the graphic patch but I didn't found where is indicated the Red HPBar palette - I probabilly have to change only 1 byte, where the asm code indicates which palette the miniballs use?

If you have V1.0, the palette id for the pokeball tiles in the pokedex and the PC box list is at 0x726F4. If you have v1.1, the palette id is at 0x72714.

#389 2013-08-19 13:37:12

80C
Banned
Post 1,069/1,257

Great, thank you again!
It worked, now Pokedex and PC Boxes menu have their own color (the usual one) while the red bar has a more colorful red tone (like the green and yellow bars).

I've hacked again the prizes - now everything is like before exept the game-breaking bug that doesn't exist in the actual buildt.

I've fixed Every pointer for "BulbasaurBaseStats", "MewBaseStats" and "MovesEvoPointerTable" (or something like this) - everything works fine (also the stone evolution works fine because each pokemon that needs a stone to be evolved shows "ABLE" as usual) EXEPT that annoying glitch that when a Pokemon evolves his stats get glitched unless he grows to a next level (LV.).

I looked at the diassembly, but I think I've fixed everything, each pointer that should have been fixed was fixed, but that glitch is still present.
I have no ideas at the moment.

I left this forum.

#390 2013-08-19 18:43:30

Rytizs
Post 216/334

Will you change the look of pokeballs (great balls, ultra balls etc.)?

"Wuju style!"

#391 2013-08-19 19:28:22

80C
Banned
Post 1,074/1,257

Rytizs wrote:

Will you change the look of pokeballs (great balls, ultra balls etc.)?

that was already done, try use one in Demo1 and see his more defined look :)

Anyway, the second pointer for the base stats table is located at 0x3AE49, and not in the previous adress that Stag019 suggested (I looked at the disassembly of course).

I also finally cleared the old base stats table (the new one was already repointed) so I have a lot of new space in the bank of the Evolution\Data.
I also discovered how to change the bank of the evolution\moves data (but I didn't did that because now I have a lot of space in that bank so it's no longer needed fortunately), one day I should write a tutorial about expansion that is the combination of Stag019's tutorial + all the corrections and addons and things I discovered.

When that last glitch will be solved then, boom, I could add all the other Pokemon, until that my progresses will be again frozen...

I left this forum.

#392 2013-08-20 12:40:31

80C
Banned
Post 1,077/1,257

wow, yesterday I fixed that last problem, now I could insert any pokemon I wish without other glitches - then I fixed old stuff about some entries that shouldn't be used (the entries used by Fossils and ghost).

here's a sample of what kind of stuff you could obtain in Demo2 when it comes ready:

9etq.png

this is only the beginning.
this game is slowly became more similar to Gold rather than Red.

Thanks a lot to Danny-E 33 and Padz for helping me solve that glitch!

I left this forum.

#393 2013-08-20 16:19:18

Miksy91
Post 1,864/2,348

Good to hear the stuff related to inserting new pokemon is starting to work the way you intended.
Not that I would have paid much attention to the discussion lately, so I'm not sure at all what you've had problems with.

Well enough about that...
I was also going to ask if you've learned how to work out with the scripts used by (person) events in the maps. Personally, I saw the original scripts being the only big issue in demo 1. So like... when you can't recognize any specific area from what it used to be in original Red/Blue version, then you're good to go as the area gives player a unique feeling instead of, "yeah, I've seen this already by playing the games by Gamefreak".

But either way, looking nice so far.

Last edited by Miksy91 (2013-08-20 16:19:52)

#394 2013-08-20 18:06:23

Rytizs
Post 218/334

80C: woah! I finished Demo1 and I didn't saw any changes of pokeballs guess playing without color makes game diferent. Oh by the way what should I do? I finished Demo1 twice and I have beaten EVERY trainer and I don't want to star to play again third time, so maybe there is any really hidden places in what I probably never were in?

"Wuju style!"

#395 2013-08-20 23:30:31

80C
Banned
Post 1,079/1,257

Some updates:

5yvl.png

uhv1.png

I'm continuing adding pokemon as you could observe.

Miksy91 wrote:

Good to hear the stuff related to inserting new pokemon is starting to work the way you intended.
Not that I would have paid much attention to the discussion lately, so I'm not sure at all what you've had problems with.

Well enough about that...
I was also going to ask if you've learned how to work out with the scripts used by (person) events in the maps. Personally, I saw the original scripts being the only big issue in demo 1. So like... when you can't recognize any specific area from what it used to be in original Red/Blue version, then you're good to go as the area gives player a unique feeling instead of, "yeah, I've seen this already by playing the games by Gamefreak".

But either way, looking nice so far.

Yup, there will be some person event scripts in a few maps - but please don't expect fighting sequences like Dark Energy, you know, scripting in Generation I is more difficult than in Generation II, things inside that ROM are very confused and put in apparently chaotic order (RED is really bad coded - unlike gold).
Scripts will be the last thing.
There's a lot of work to do, that's why Demo2 release will be set for 2014.

I'll have to: finish add some of the new pokemon + stats + evo\move data + palettes + OW assignment + palette assignments + pokedex pages text (I didn't did it yet - first I put many pokemon).

when I'm near to 170\180 I take a breath and I'll move the Moves table and start add some extra moves from 2nd generation + 3 extra powerful moves: Hypervoice (sound type), Wood Hammer (wood type) and Magic Beam (fairy type - in Demo2 there will be also fairy type for the joy of the younger fans that eventually enjoyed X and Y, I personally don't like Fairy Type but I took the exclusive to have put fairy type for first in a hack, or at least in a GenI hack).

When I have finished all pokemon and moves + stuff, I'll have to fix the Seen\Own pokemon Rating System + fix the bug of the Lab Assistant Pokedex Rating, but that will come later when everything is stable.

Rytizs wrote:

80C: woah! I finished Demo1 and I didn't saw any changes of pokeballs guess playing without color makes game diferent. Oh by the way what should I do? I finished Demo1 twice and I have beaten EVERY trainer and I don't want to star to play again third time, so maybe there is any really hidden places in what I probably never were in?

Hidden Places... those aren't avaiable yet in Demo1, anyway there's a super secret message hidden somewhere  in Beta1 - it's a message that tells about how to reach a passage that leads to an underground tunnel under Megan City to reach the B-Side of the Museum.

Nobody seems to have found it before, so good luck... anyway I think you'll need to wait until Demo2 to be able to interpretate the message, that needs the reading of the Epsilon Tract - that hides inside secrets of the universe (!).

Now back to Grape!

I left this forum.

#396 2013-08-21 00:16:50

jastolze
Post 15/112

I didn't realize how much progress this hack has made. It's beginning to look very impressive. :D

#397 2013-08-21 07:03:27

Rytizs
Post 219/334

Aw what? Yellow Totodile? Okay I'll wait to next summer... Eh... So long time... Hmmm. Can I caugh Bellsprout anywhere in Demo1 plus I saw thats possible to buy Leaf Stone so that means I can get Wictreebell?

Last edited by Rytizs (2013-08-21 07:09:52)

"Wuju style!"

#398 2013-08-21 15:40:49

80C
Banned
Post 1,081/1,257

Well, I assigned new teams to Gymleaders and Paul - I think the best choise at this point is start Demo2 from the beginning... but at least after Demo2 you won't have anymore to restart your progresses!
Paul after cames out the Chief's Room in the closed Mega Mart could have as other pokemon:

-fearow (always);
-Gastly (always);
-Houndour if you choose Squirtle;
-???? (surprise) if you choose Charmander;
-???? (surprise) if you choose Bulbasaur.
-the second evolved starter, depending on your choise.

strangely I noted a very very strange glitch in the current build:

when I enter the League Building (in the 1st e4 and also in the 2nd E4 room) if I open the town map a strange series of glitches occours... the craziest thing I ever saw.
I think the problem is that I assigned the maps of the E4 chambers to "Pokemon League" in the internal Map data (like usual it should be) but instead of showing me the location in which the Pkmn league should really be the map shows me in another zone (a zone that I assigned to the forest similar to Berry forest - but in the game is called "Panopticon" and is assigned to an his own zone but the name isn't displayed)... maybe I missed a byte while editing the internal map data... this demonstrates how Red is really bad coded and hard to hack.

I left this forum.

#399 2013-08-21 17:55:03

Pokemonking
Post 237/543
Website

Any move changes for starters and other pokemons

#400 2013-08-22 20:50:24

80C
Banned
Post 1,091/1,257

sure!
New pokemon have their own movesets - I'll add also some new moves from 2nd and 3rd generation in a way that Gold\Silver\Crystal will be compatible.

Other changes:

I changed Spearow's sprite (it was a bit awful... silver has many weird pics) with the pic from Gold.

In the next Beta there will be some new pokemon even in the Demo1 areas, that's sure!

Anyway I use to import the new pokemon pics with Gold or Crystal style (in a few cases I preferred some pics from Silver) and all palettes are redone in RSE style so the graphics are cooler than ever.

I left this forum.

Board footer