Skeetendo

’Cause all games were better on the GBC

You are not logged in.

#1 2013-02-28 20:19:08

tysonrss
Member
From: US, Ohio
Registered: 2011-08-27
Post 607/649

Attack of the Spammers

I havent been on here as much as i have cause im taking a break from rom hacking. But ive noticed a lot of spam here in this area and in the rom hacks section. One guy released a game with poor mapping and trainers everywhere and it was like 4 days after asking for help on how to get started. I laughed f good 10 mins cause it was not only horrid, but purposely done as well and people fell for it.

Then i saw some other threads full of bs and reposted several times. Then a recent spamfest of someone with cancer. People fell for that as well.

Why are we under attack? I don't understand whats going on. After the last big debate it seems the gates to hell were opened here.

Last edited by tysonrss (2013-03-01 03:08:32)


Pokemon Blue DX is reborn!

Offline

#2 2013-02-28 23:36:09

Munchulax
Member
From: Somewhere in Johto
Registered: 2011-08-10
Post 301/410

Re: Attack of the Spammers

tysonrss wrote:

I havent been on here as much as i have cause im taking a break from rom hacking.

I'm on break right now as well.

tysonrss wrote:

Then i saw some other threads full of bs and reposted several times. Then a recent spamfest of someone with cancer. People fell for that as well.

Well that was because of a delay in the server or whatever.  Basically something would delay the server from sending you the page that says your post/thread was posted successfully even though your post has been processed and posted already (which you could see if you opened Skeetendo in another tab), and that caused many people to press submit many times, resulting in (hopefully accidental for the most part) multiple threads and posts.  If you actually went to look at your post before the "posted successfully" message came up, your post counter would actually be something like "Post 298/287".  IIMarckus can correct me if I'm wrong or if wants to say something I didn't say. 

On the cancer thread topic, I can't believe I fell for that now.  I had no idea he was sending IIMarckus death threats.  If I had known I wouldn't have believed the post.

Last edited by Munchulax (2013-02-28 23:41:47)


“To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all.” ― Oscar Wilde

Offline

#3 2013-02-28 23:58:29

Mateo
Member
From: The Sims 4
Registered: 2009-11-25
Post 2,358/3,578

Re: Attack of the Spammers

Munchulax wrote:
tysonrss wrote:

Then i saw some other threads full of bs and reposted several times. Then a recent spamfest of someone with cancer. People fell for that as well.

Well that was because of a delay in the server or whatever.  Basically something would delay the server from sending you the page that says your post/thread was posted successfully even though your post has been processed and posted already (which you could see if you opened Skeetendo in another tab), and that caused many people to press submit many times, resulting in (hopefully accidental for the most part) multiple threads and posts.  If you actually went to look at your post before the "posted successfully" message came up, your post counter would actually be something like "Post 298/287".  IIMarckus can correct me if I'm wrong or if wants to say something I didn't say. 

On the cancer thread topic, I can't believe I fell for that now.  I had no idea he was sending IIMarckus death threats.  If I had known I wouldn't have believed the post.

Same here. I felt like a fool afterwards, but I was inclined to believe it at first because I have a friend in real life who is being treated for breast cancer that they found out of nowhere (so the idea of a young person suddenly finding out they had cancer was all too real for me already). I'm really annoyed that someone would joke around like that just for attention. I'm glad he/she/it was banned.

Offline

#4 2013-03-01 00:08:04

Aicy
Member
Registered: 2012-02-20
Post 72/80

Re: Attack of the Spammers

tysonrss wrote:

I havent been on here as much as i have cause im taking a break from rom hacking. But ive noticed a lot of spam here in this area and in the rom hacks section. One guy released a game with poor mapping and trainers everywhere and it was like 4 days after asking for help on how to get started. I laughed f good 10 mins cause it was not only horrid, but purposely done as well and people fell for it.

Then i saw some other threads full of bs and reposted several times. Then a recent spamfest of someone with cancer. People fell for that as well.

Why are we under attack? I don't understand whats going on. After the last big debate it seems the gates to hell were opened here.


I think it's quite rude to mock the guy who released a "pre-mature game".. And how did you know that it's purposely done?
I'm sorry if I'm offending anyone, but I'm not defending him, I'm just quite upset reading a thread like this.. Just sayin' :]


Email!

Offline

#5 2013-03-01 00:18:46

Munchulax
Member
From: Somewhere in Johto
Registered: 2011-08-10
Post 303/410

Re: Attack of the Spammers

Mateo wrote:

Same here. I felt like a fool afterwards, but I was inclined to believe it at first because I have a friend in real life who is being treated for breast cancer that they found out of nowhere (so the idea of a young person suddenly finding out they had cancer was all too real for me already). I'm really annoyed that someone would joke around like that just for attention.

That's pretty much the same reason I believed it.  I had an aunt that passed away after a long battle with liver cancer, so that's why I was quick to believe the post, though the thought did cross my mind that it could be fake.  I hate that there are people out there that have no problem messing with the emotions of others.

Mateo wrote:

I'm glad he/she/it was banned.

I love the "it" part here. :P

Last edited by Munchulax (2013-03-01 00:19:53)


“To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all.” ― Oscar Wilde

Offline

#6 2013-03-01 00:23:06

FroggestSpirit
Member
Registered: 2012-03-12
Post 112/300
Website

Re: Attack of the Spammers

I guess it's time for a break too!
If you guys find any glitches, or have questions about the stuff i've made, please post it in the respective thread rather than emailing me about it. I'll hunt them down sometime, and work on bugfixes if needed


This isn't easy to say, but…
Music and ASM hacker

Offline

#7 2013-03-01 02:31:05

koolboyman
Member
Registered: 2010-10-16
Post 163/203

Re: Attack of the Spammers

That cancer thing pisses me off, especially since somebody I was close to in real life really did die of cancer.

I didn't really believe him at first though, but then I thought, what if he had cancer and I was giving him crap for it?  So I gave him the benefit of the doubt.

Last edited by koolboyman (2013-03-01 02:31:47)

Offline

#8 2013-03-01 02:46:50

RED
Member
From: Japan
Registered: 2012-09-03
Post 166/521

Re: Attack of the Spammers

I hope he is not cooking up new frank.


わたし の なまえ わ レン レン  でづ

Offline

#9 2013-03-01 02:48:28

tysonrss
Member
From: US, Ohio
Registered: 2011-08-27
Post 608/649

Re: Attack of the Spammers

Aicy wrote:
tysonrss wrote:

I havent been on here as much as i have cause im taking a break from rom hacking. But ive noticed a lot of spam here in this area and in the rom hacks section. One guy released a game with poor mapping and trainers everywhere and it was like 4 days after asking for help on how to get started. I laughed f good 10 mins cause it was not only horrid, but purposely done as well and people fell for it.

Then i saw some other threads full of bs and reposted several times. Then a recent spamfest of someone with cancer. People fell for that as well.

Why are we under attack? I don't understand whats going on. After the last big debate it seems the gates to hell were opened here.


I think it's quite rude to mock the guy who released a "pre-mature game".. And how did you know that it's purposely done?
I'm sorry if I'm offending anyone, but I'm not defending him, I'm just quite upset reading a thread like this.. Just sayin' :]

I have to assume it was done purposely for laughs, look at this picture.

sq42sm.png

Tell me does this look like soemthing someone would have done seriously?

Look at the next one.

35at6w4.png

This was obviously done for kicks. No one in their right mind would release a game with maps looking like this.

That said, the one about cancer, yeah that one wasn't really funny, I always believed that if you kid around saying you have something you'll eventually get it.

Last edited by tysonrss (2013-03-01 02:49:17)


Pokemon Blue DX is reborn!

Offline

#10 2013-03-01 04:26:37

stag019
Idea Killer
Registered: 2011-01-05
Post 367/630

Re: Attack of the Spammers

Munchulax wrote:

Well that was because of a delay in the server or whatever.  Basically something would delay the server from sending you the page that says your post/thread was posted successfully even though your post has been processed and posted already (which you could see if you opened Skeetendo in another tab), and that caused many people to press submit many times, resulting in (hopefully accidental for the most part) multiple threads and posts.  If you actually went to look at your post before the "posted successfully" message came up, your post counter would actually be something like "Post 298/287".  IIMarckus can correct me if I'm wrong or if wants to say something I didn't say.

This is completely 100% true. And it's all my fault. It's the post reporting bot for the IRC. Rather than writing out good code, I simply wrote a one-liner that tries to connect to the robot to report posts, but if it can't find my computer (my IP address changed, or my computer is shut down for any reason), then I have no idea how long the code is supposed to run before it times out (could be infinity for all I know o_O).

I'm going to change this soon to add code that'll actually use a timeout (maybe 5 seconds?). But I've been so busy with work, usually working 6 days a week, that I haven't really found the time. Tomorrow maybe (I have off work for now)...

The reason the post does in fact get posted is because I made sure to add the one liner after the line that adds the post to the database. I did that on purpose in case if something went wrong, the board would still work. I can see that a lot of Lipun people didn't realize that though. Oh well...


You can try to hide yourself in this world of pretend; when the paper's crumpled up, it can't be perfect again.

Offline

#11 2013-03-01 06:29:16

emaj30
Member
From: Indigo Plateau
Registered: 2012-12-29
Post 323/463
Website

Re: Attack of the Spammers

The cancer thing was really stupid. Though I really doubted the fact that he/she/it had a 2nd stage cancer and counted it as a joke. Then spamming it like hell, he/she/it will learn a lesson someday.

Offline

#12 2013-03-01 06:39:36

Miksy91
Member
Registered: 2010-10-16
Post 1,542/2,339

Re: Attack of the Spammers

koolboyman wrote:

That cancer thing pisses me off, especially since somebody I was close to in real life really did die of cancer.

I didn't really believe him at first though, but then I thought, what if he had cancer and I was giving him crap for it?  So I gave him the benefit of the doubt.

I could underwrite all of this. Same story, expect for the fact I thought it would be the best to leave everything said.

Jokes can be pulled off, and should be too. But they musn't do with anything serious, like we had a good example of.

Offline

#13 2013-03-01 09:46:41

virus95x
Member
Registered: 2012-04-03
Post 138/225

Re: Attack of the Spammers

I wouldn't really care if he had a cancer, I don't know him and I don't care.

In other hand the spamming story is true but can be avoidable. There is always a period of time when the spammers wake up. This is mostly from new members. What we can do is give a warning/ban from forum, thats not hard at all.

Also this site connection were quite slow and maybe still is for some people around here. This is understandable but of course the patienty is a key here. Wait till it fully loads and click only once. I don't find anything helerious or stupid, kid only wanted attention. He also was trying to get attention on other forums too which makes him look one of the most retarded people on the internet. We should get over it.

People hackers don't bother helping the basics and explainning clearly what to do. I understand that when you help very clearly step by step the oposit person doesn't learn anything but actually its not true. He does learn a lot and starts to do it by trying other things that related with the help you gave. Why we are so paffetic in helping others to begin their hack? Are we so called ''professional hackers''? We were noobs too and maybe we still are but to help others is a key in humanity. I think communication and teamwork can do the best on this forum. Why not help? Why not bother just because hes a noob and doesn't know a qlue about hacking...I find it amuzed really sometimes. I like the idea of tools that people make. Its a lot easier than Hex editors. Can we not be selfish people and help each other where is the spirit? I know I might get shouted or argued but its true. We just lazy to help noobs...

Anyways I have finished talking and please don't take offense to any case. I thought my opinion must be said like:)

Last edited by virus95x (2013-03-01 09:47:08)

Offline

#14 2013-03-05 05:26:45

628/703

Re: Attack of the Spammers

stag019 fixed the slowdown when his bot is off, so we should get fewer duplicate posts from now on.

#15 2013-03-05 13:40:48

emaj30
Member
From: Indigo Plateau
Registered: 2012-12-29
Post 332/463
Website

Re: Attack of the Spammers

virus95x wrote:

People hackers don't bother helping the basics and explainning clearly what to do. I understand that when you help very clearly step by step the oposit person doesn't learn anything but actually its not true. He does learn a lot and starts to do it by trying other things that related with the help you gave. Why we are so paffetic in helping others to begin their hack? Are we so called ''professional hackers''? We were noobs too and maybe we still are but to help others is a key in humanity. I think communication and teamwork can do the best on this forum. Why not help? Why not bother just because hes a noob and doesn't know a qlue about hacking...I find it amuzed really sometimes. I like the idea of tools that people make. Its a lot easier than Hex editors. Can we not be selfish people and help each other where is the spirit? I know I might get shouted or argued but its true. We just lazy to help noobs...

...

That's true but we can't blame others not to give some help, we all have our own business to mind and maybe some got tired of repeating what they've said before  that was ignored several times by others and especially by new members. Right?

IIMarckus wrote:

stag019 fixed the slowdown when his bot is off, so we should get fewer duplicate posts from now on.

That's good to hear sir!

Offline

#16 2013-03-06 16:22:33

Lugia
Banned
From: Underworld
Registered: 2013-03-06
Post 1/7
Website

Re: Attack of the Spammers

I am yes with all of you guys but we should know that someday we are also new like i i mean i am jonathon guys nice to meet you all


Lugia hurricane

Offline

#17 2013-03-06 16:26:17

FroggestSpirit
Member
Registered: 2012-03-12
Post 124/300
Website

Re: Attack of the Spammers

Just registered, and your first post is here. One would think your first order of business would be to go to a Rom hacking section, since it's the main purpose of the forum. It seems fishy... but anyways, Welcome!

Last edited by FroggestSpirit (2013-03-06 16:27:02)


This isn't easy to say, but…
Music and ASM hacker

Offline

#18 2013-03-06 16:28:20

Lugia
Banned
From: Underworld
Registered: 2013-03-06
Post 2/7
Website

Re: Attack of the Spammers

Will anyone tell where is it guys please


Lugia hurricane

Offline

#19 2013-03-06 16:31:39

Lugia
Banned
From: Underworld
Registered: 2013-03-06
Post 3/7
Website

Re: Attack of the Spammers

I got it anyway thanks


Lugia hurricane

Offline

#20 2013-03-06 18:28:20

FroggestSpirit
Member
Registered: 2012-03-12
Post 125/300
Website

Re: Attack of the Spammers

I know you're lipun


This isn't easy to say, but…
Music and ASM hacker

Offline

#21 2013-03-06 19:00:09

Lugia
Banned
From: Underworld
Registered: 2013-03-06
Post 6/7
Website

Re: Attack of the Spammers

What?who is lipun i don't understand what you are saying


Lugia hurricane

Offline

#22 2013-03-06 19:10:49

virus95x
Member
Registered: 2012-04-03
Post 146/225

Re: Attack of the Spammers

Of course he is lipun:) You can't run away:)

Offline

#23 2013-03-06 19:15:20

Lugia
Banned
From: Underworld
Registered: 2013-03-06
Post 7/7
Website

Re: Attack of the Spammers

I don't get it say clearly who is lipun please


Lugia hurricane

Offline

#24 2013-03-07 00:32:21

Vitharix
Member
Registered: 2011-12-29
Post 213/396

Re: Attack of the Spammers

Lugia wrote:

I am yes

Offline

#25 2013-03-07 04:49:33

Pokemaniac
Banned
From: Usa,florida
Registered: 2013-03-07
Post 11/17

Re: Attack of the Spammers

Could anyone tell me what is spam


Who knows what is it maybe bomb maybe gift

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB