Skeetendo

’Cause all games were better on the GBC

You are not logged in.

#1 2013-02-13 10:20:44

Mateo
Member
From: The Sims 4
Registered: 2009-11-25
Post 2,314/3,580

A long apology from Mateo to the users of Skeetendo.

I want to start by saying that I owe this forum an apology. A major one. I hope that this thread can finally bring to light and put an end to a few disagreements, as well as explain some things that really never made any sense to anyone when it came down to it.

I'm sorry for the way I've handled things recently. Without really meaning to, I admit that I have been at least partially responsible for a separation on the forums, and that was uncalled for. I perceived that there were two camps starting to develop, the "IRC crowd" and "the normal users". However, after sitting down and discussing/thinking through the whole situation at great length, I realize that I was magnifying my disagreements with approximately two users and assuming that they were part of a larger problem. I'm sorry for the problems I caused, and for the direction it has helped to lead things. It was honestly never my intention to try to kill this forum, although looking at it from a different angle I can certainly see why you all would assume that I was trying to cause trouble. I made some bad decisions, and I know it.

For starters, I helped to promote the idea of a split between the "IRC Crowd" and the "Normal users". This basically came about after my few brief visits to the IRC chat. While I was there, I saw Lin being put down by Kanzure, because Lin tried to make a user-friendly Assembly editor. I also saw padz (whoever that is) agreeing with kanzure, and I also saw that kanzure was [in my mind] extremely elitist and seemed to have the idea, "If you aren't working on the disassembly, you're like cancer on this forum" or something. He never said anything like that, but it was the opinion of him that I got. It was a strong enough feeling that I wanted nothing to do with the IRC channel anymore, and that I ended up assuming "this must be the general feeling here, regular users who edit the rom without disassembling it are useless and need to go." This may or may not be kanzure's stance (but probably isn't), I really don't know, but it is clearly not the opinion of most users there. Most of them want to help people learn in whatever way they can, which is really the same viewpoint I have on the matter as well. They also want to enjoy themselves and have a good time, which we all want to do. I let my disagreement with primarily one person totally cloud my view of the situation. On the forum proper, I assumed that padz and comet were the same person (they might be, they might not be, I have no idea honestly), and so I took this as an extension of the "IRC Problem". As you all know by now, I clearly don't seem to get along well with comet on our approach to a lot of things, and yes I find him annoying and elitist as well. But that means that my "phantom army" that I assumed was amassing really only consisted of approximately two users that I didn't get along with. Sure, I disliked them to the extent that I considered leaving the forum and going back to Pokecommunity so I didnt have to deal with them (note that this is completely different than wanting to kill a forum because of them), but Miksy talked me out of that plan and I agreed to stick around. Remember, as I said before, in all of this fiasco I never meant to say that I was leaving Skeetendo to completely move to Twilight Hacking.

Next, there is the issue of that stupid thread I made last night, "Mateo's hacks have moved!". I did delete that one later, but the damage had already been done. How in the world I assumed something like that could come across as anything other than "Screw you guys, I'm leaving, and I'm taking my games with me!" is beyond me. Sure, I said that it wasn't what I was doing, but actions speak louder than words, and that is certainly what it looked like. And clearly, combining that with everything else only gave the impression that I wanted all the "normal" users to follow me, and let this board die or something. It wasn't my intention, but I can see how it came across that way. What I was really hoping would come about would be that separating the forum into two halves would solve a lot of the problems we have been having lately, but that wasn't how it went down as we all know.

But I'm not going to just sit here and talk bad about those two users while still calling this thread an apology. In all fairness, I can see that both of them have the right ideas about several things, even if I disagree with their attitudes at times. I know that both of them really want to help people as well. Kanzure's disassembly really is a good idea, and really is an amazing task to undertake. Being able to edit everything as individual scripts and files using labels instead of pointers and worrying about freespace and all of that really is the holy grail of hacking the games. It is really stupid for me to argue with that, when I really should be helping with it in whatever way I can. So kanzure, if you are reading this, I am sorry for what I have said and done regarding both you and your disassembly project.

The same goes for comet, as well. While I get annoyed when he one-ups my or other users comments sometimes, the fact remains that he does know a lot about what he is talking about, and he really is trying to help other users understand things. I was often annoyed as well that this involved sections from the disassembly (you know, since I saw that as saying "screw this guy, come use the disassembly and join our side" when it was really just "Hey, let me explain this to you in the best way I can, which uses the disassembly because that is actually the more efficient way to do this.") So comet, I'm sorry for arguing with you and getting angry and doing stupid things because of it.

I also want to apologize to the other users of the IRC channel who I have been inadvertantly insulting by over-generalizing and trying to make the IRC look like a bad guy.

Stag, I know you aren't a problem. I always actually thought you were a pretty funny dude, hell I even got a kick out of it when you told me to post a link and "pretend to lock the thread and then remember you can't do that anymore." That's why I threw that stupid little "joke" in the end of my post, where I pretended to be banned for the post 4chan style. I'm sorry for being a jerk, stag.

Sanqui, I know that you frequent the IRC (about as frequently as you go to class, or however the inside joke goes). I don't know you very well at all I'm afraid, but I know you aren't a bad dude. I mean clearly IIMarckus wouldn't have promoted you to admin if you were. I'm sorry for inadvertently lumping you in there as well.

IIMarckus, I certainly owe you an apology. You've done nothing but try to help this forum from the start, when you volunteered to take over hosting it instead of us using a free host and possibly losing everything without having a backup. When we wanted to put limits on new users posts to fight spambots, you always stood up for the new users and said that doing that would do more harm than good, because it would hold new users back as well as the bots. You kept the best interest of people at mind when the rest of us on the forum just got annoyed with a flood of ugg boots and northface jackets. And of course, how did I repay you for that helpfulness? I resigned without warning, and I caused you further stress and problems with my stupid false dichotomy view of the board and things. I'm really sorry that I went about things that way.

I'm sure there are other users of the IRC that I don't even know because they weren't around when I was on those few nights. But not just the users of the IRC, everyone else here is owed an apology for the way that I promoted a divide where there was none. I was turning people against each other without realizing it, and assuming it had just already been that way. That was stupid and rude on my part to say the least, and I'm sorry for all that it helped to cause.

I really don't know what will end up becoming of Twilight Hacking, if it will stick around, if it will branch out and try to grow in a different direction than Skeetendo, or what it will do. But I hope that whatever happens, that Skeetendo sticks around. Even despite all of that, it still really is my home when it comes to hacking. I'm sorry I helped make such a mess of the place. I also know that several users have expressed a desire for me to return as an admin. I don't think that would be appropriate right now, but if at some point in the future IIMarckus and the other admins decide they would like to invite me back onto the staff, I would probably accept it. When and if the time came.


On one very last, and practically unrelated note, I do kind of wish that we could change the name of this forum to something other than "Skeetendo". I'm honestly a little embarassed by that name now, and its ridiculous origins. I mean, I'm sure you've all noticed that the name is a combination of "Skeet" and "Nintendo". And its not talking about the clay targets you shoot for duck hunting practice. The forum is so named because Pyro and I were lazy and combined "Nintendo" with a rap song. I guess in the end, this is me apologizing for the name of the forum.

Offline

#2 2013-02-13 10:26:05

stag019
Idea Killer
Registered: 2011-01-05
Post 350/630

Re: A long apology from Mateo to the users of Skeetendo.

I don't have the attention span to read this all at once, so I'll respond to what I did read now and read more later.

Mateo wrote:

Stag, I know you aren't a problem. I always actually thought you were a pretty funny dude, hell I even got a kick out of it when you told me to post a link and "pretend to lock the thread and then remember you can't do that anymore." That's why I threw that stupid little "joke" in the end of my post, where I pretended to be banned for the post 4chan style. I'm sorry for being a jerk, stag.

Thanks, I thought it was funny that you played along. :P And even if you feel you need to apologize to anyone else, you don't need to apologize to me for anything. You haven't offended me in any way.

Mateo wrote:

On one very last, and practically unrelated note, I do kind of wish that we could change the name of this forum to something other than "Skeetendo". I'm honestly a little embarassed by that name now, and its ridiculous origins. I mean, I'm sure you've all noticed that the name is a combination of "Skeet" and "Nintendo". And its not talking about the clay targets you shoot for duck hunting practice. The forum is so named because Pyro and I were lazy and combined "Nintendo" with a rap song. I guess in the end, this is me apologizing for the name of the forum.

Hey, I host some of my stuff on "Romendo", the domain belonging to a now defunct message board that derived it's name from "ROM" and "Nintendo". That's just as bad.

On one last note:
[05:23:55] <padz> I assumed that padz and comet were the same person (they might be, they might not be, I have no idea honestly)
[05:23:57] <padz> lets keep it that way


You can try to hide yourself in this world of pretend; when the paper's crumpled up, it can't be perfect again.

Offline

#3 2013-02-13 10:40:10

Mateo
Member
From: The Sims 4
Registered: 2009-11-25
Post 2,315/3,580

Re: A long apology from Mateo to the users of Skeetendo.

stag019 wrote:

I don't have the attention span to read this all at once, so I'll respond to what I did read now and read more later.

Sorry about that, I did sort of turn in an essay instead of a post.

stag019 wrote:

Thanks, I thought it was funny that you played along. :P And even if you feel you need to apologize to anyone else, you don't need to apologize to me for anything. You haven't offended me in any way.

Glad to know we're cool, mate.

stag019 wrote:

On one last note:
[05:23:55] <padz> I assumed that padz and comet were the same person (they might be, they might not be, I have no idea honestly)
[05:23:57] <padz> lets keep it that way

Fair enough. Are padz and comet the same person? The world may never know.

Offline

#4 2013-02-13 10:45:39

stag019
Idea Killer
Registered: 2011-01-05
Post 351/630

Re: A long apology from Mateo to the users of Skeetendo.

Don't be ashamed of disliking kanzure. I sure as hell do. Like I've said before, I often simply /ignore them.

In fact.

[05:41:47] <kanzure> "This may or may not be kanzure's stance (but probably isn't),"
[05:41:51] <kanzure> OH LOOK, HE REPENTS
[05:41:54] <kanzure> what a loser

I was this close to simply doing:
/kick kanzure better to be a loser than a worthless douche

But honestly that's the exact opposite of a response that's needed to this thread.

Last edited by stag019 (2013-02-13 10:46:36)


You can try to hide yourself in this world of pretend; when the paper's crumpled up, it can't be perfect again.

Offline

#5 2013-02-13 10:47:35

kanzure
Member
From: Austin, Texas
Registered: 2012-01-15
Post 13/19
Website

Re: A long apology from Mateo to the users of Skeetendo.

stag019 wrote:

[05:41:47] <kanzure> "This may or may not be kanzure's stance (but probably isn't),"
[05:41:51] <kanzure> OH LOOK, HE REPENTS
[05:41:54] <kanzure> what a loser

I was this close to simply doing:
/kick kanzure better to be a loser than a worthless douche

Hey man, you can't just go around saying that I think non-programmers are useless. Mateo has apologized for that misportrayal of me, but it will take time for me to trust him again.

Last edited by kanzure (2013-02-13 10:49:19)

Offline

#6 2013-02-13 10:48:20

stag019
Idea Killer
Registered: 2011-01-05
Post 352/630

Re: A long apology from Mateo to the users of Skeetendo.

kanzure wrote:

Hey man, you can't just go around saying that I think non-programmers are useless. Mateo has apologized for that misportrayal of me, but it will take time for me to trust him again.

It's funny because you can try to act the opposite on IRC as on the board and Mateo won't ever know because he isn't in the IRC.


You can try to hide yourself in this world of pretend; when the paper's crumpled up, it can't be perfect again.

Offline

#7 2013-02-13 10:48:36

Sanqui
Administrator
From: Prague, Czech Republic
Registered: 2011-07-18
Post 25/32
Website

Re: A long apology from Mateo to the users of Skeetendo.

I was spending a while thinking about how to reply to the whole situation.  I think your behavior was understandable in part.
I think it's important to understand that there are a lot of different people and not everybody expresses in the same way.  padz/comet in particular is somewhat concise, but one shouldn't look for any deeper meaning behind the words.  It's a good idea not to look for words between the lines.  kanzure comes from an <i>entirely different part of the internet</i>.  He possesses unique skills and his opinion on things is valuable due to his vast experience.  He's often very direct, though, without realizing it's sometimes not the best way to approach people.
It's always tempting to jump at the opportunity to jump at new things such as setting up and directing a new forum.  However, I feel like in this case, it would honestly harm the community in the long run.  I know I don't play a huge part in the community itself, largely due to being busy with school recently, but I do try to pay attention to things.  Things will get better eventually!  Hold on in there.

Offline

#8 2013-02-13 10:49:32

Miksy91
Member
Registered: 2010-10-16
Post 1,517/2,339

Re: A long apology from Mateo to the users of Skeetendo.

kanzure wrote:

Hey man, you can't just go around saying that I think non-programmers are useless. Mateo has apologized for that misportrayal of me, but it will take time for me to trust him again.

Nobody is perfect. Everyone makes mistakes.

Offline

#9 2013-02-13 10:50:40

stag019
Idea Killer
Registered: 2011-01-05
Post 353/630

Re: A long apology from Mateo to the users of Skeetendo.

Miksy91 wrote:
kanzure wrote:

Hey man, you can't just go around saying that I think non-programmers are useless. Mateo has apologized for that misportrayal of me, but it will take time for me to trust him again.

Nobody is perfect. Everyone makes mistakes.

kanzure would like you to believe he never does.


You can try to hide yourself in this world of pretend; when the paper's crumpled up, it can't be perfect again.

Offline

#10 2013-02-13 11:04:15

Mateo
Member
From: The Sims 4
Registered: 2009-11-25
Post 2,316/3,580

Re: A long apology from Mateo to the users of Skeetendo.

stag019 wrote:
Miksy91 wrote:
kanzure wrote:

Hey man, you can't just go around saying that I think non-programmers are useless. Mateo has apologized for that misportrayal of me, but it will take time for me to trust him again.

Nobody is perfect. Everyone makes mistakes.

kanzure would like you to believe he never does.

Look, that's understandable. I don't expect to magically have your trust overnight just because I apologized in some thread at almost 5 o'clock in the morning. But maybe one day we can get there. Eventually.

stag019 wrote:

It's funny because you can try to act the opposite on IRC as on the board and Mateo won't ever know because he isn't in the IRC.

That's true too. Maybe its impossible for either of us to trust the other right now. But kanzure, at any rate, I certainly won't be putting you down and spreading rumours about you, or trying to convince people not use your disassembly.

Offline

#11 2013-02-13 11:14:24

kanzure
Member
From: Austin, Texas
Registered: 2012-01-15
Post 14/19
Website

Re: A long apology from Mateo to the users of Skeetendo.

Mateo wrote:
kanzure wrote:

Hey man, you can't just go around saying that I think non-programmers are useless. Mateo has apologized for that misportrayal of me, but it will take time for me to trust him again.

Look, that's understandable. I don't expect to magically have your trust overnight just because I apologized in some thread at almost 5 o'clock in the morning.

I am glad you cut through their trolling to reply to my actual message.

Mateo wrote:

But kanzure, at any rate, I certainly won't be putting you down and spreading rumours about you

Thank you, that means a lot to me.

Offline

#12 2013-02-13 11:18:00

Mateo
Member
From: The Sims 4
Registered: 2009-11-25
Post 2,317/3,580

Re: A long apology from Mateo to the users of Skeetendo.

kanzure wrote:
Mateo wrote:
kanzure wrote:

Hey man, you can't just go around saying that I think non-programmers are useless. Mateo has apologized for that misportrayal of me, but it will take time for me to trust him again.

Look, that's understandable. I don't expect to magically have your trust overnight just because I apologized in some thread at almost 5 o'clock in the morning.

I am glad you cut through their trolling to reply to my actual message.

Mateo wrote:

But kanzure, at any rate, I certainly won't be putting you down and spreading rumours about you

Thank you, that means a lot to me.

Any time.

Offline

#13 2013-02-13 11:27:36

Pyro
New member
Registered: 2010-12-28
Post 5/5

Re: A long apology from Mateo to the users of Skeetendo.

Mateo wrote:

On one very last, and practically unrelated note, I do kind of wish that we could change the name of this forum to something other than "Skeetendo". I'm honestly a little embarassed by that name now, and its ridiculous origins. I mean, I'm sure you've all noticed that the name is a combination of "Skeet" and "Nintendo". And its not talking about the clay targets you shoot for duck hunting practice. The forum is so named because Pyro and I were lazy and combined "Nintendo" with a rap song. I guess in the end, this is me apologizing for the name of the forum.

I agree. It was funny as an inside joke for us, and seemingly took off and was accepted, but deep down I always felt kinda silly using the name. Not that it was awful though, I've seen worse, and I'm proud to see it has stuck around for this long (thanks to you for sticking by and using it while I vanished into thin air), especially since it started out as a joke name, but yeah I think it's time to perhaps retire that name if that's what you think is the right choice.

As for the other stuff in this thread, I know nothing about it since I've never been around and never post, but you're a good guy and I know personally that you didn't mean any harm; We all say and do things unintentionally sometimes.

Offline

#14 2013-02-13 11:36:44

stag019
Idea Killer
Registered: 2011-01-05
Post 354/630

Re: A long apology from Mateo to the users of Skeetendo.

So, Mateo, kanzure and I (and padz uninvitedly) had a long discussion on IRC about how I (and padz) misinterpreted his response on IRC.

So I'm curious to know what "OH LOOK, HE REPENTS" and "what a loser" means to you when preceded by that particular quotation of you. Because I have a strong feeling you won't interpret it the way kanzure intended it, if neither padz nor I did.


You can try to hide yourself in this world of pretend; when the paper's crumpled up, it can't be perfect again.

Offline

#15 2013-02-13 11:39:48

kanzure
Member
From: Austin, Texas
Registered: 2012-01-15
Post 15/19
Website

Re: A long apology from Mateo to the users of Skeetendo.

stag019 wrote:

So, Mateo, kanzure and I (and padz uninvitedly) had a long discussion on IRC about how I (and padz) misinterpreted his response on IRC.

So I'm curious to know what "OH LOOK, HE REPENTS" and "what a loser" means to you when preceded by that particular quotation of you. Because I have a strong feeling you won't interpret it the way kanzure intended it, if neither padz nor I did.

03:31 <+kanzure> "OH LOOK, HE REPENTS" was my utter shock that he reconsidered his stance
03:31 <+kanzure> and "what a loser" was "took him long enough, what a delinquent"

Offline

#16 2013-02-13 13:18:38

comet
Member
Registered: 2012-04-09
Post 139/679

Re: A long apology from Mateo to the users of Skeetendo.

Mateo wrote:

But kanzure, at any rate, I certainly won't be putting you down and spreading rumours about you, or trying to convince people not use your disassembly.

It's everyone's disassembly. If the lack of exposure implies it's not free to use and contribute to, it's more that it's still in its infancy. I was quick to extol its virtues since there are only a couple people contributing so far. In light of that, the priority is making it more accessible so everyone can help out.

I started working on the crystal disassembly because I wasn't satisfied with what was currently feasible. The battle engine is totally undocumented after all these years. That was the big motivator for me. I was going to do it myself before I found this one. I believe ii, kanzure, stag, sanky and bugcatcher's motivations are similar. There is a lot of untapped potential.

My crassness has generally been out of frustration that there hasn't been a mutual understanding. I'm more used to the heated banter of irc than monolithic forum discourse, so I anticipate people shrugging things off more easily than they're used to. I also suck at getting my point across. I think I probably created a lot of unneeded tension when there was plenty to go around already.

Skeetendo is an ok name. It won't be derivative forever.

Offline

#17 2013-02-13 13:19:27

emaj30
Member
From: Indigo Plateau
Registered: 2012-12-29
Post 266/463
Website

Re: A long apology from Mateo to the users of Skeetendo.

I felt good with this thread, IT CLEARLY IMPLIES THAT YOU GUYS UNDERSTOOD EACH OTHER NOW. Or do I really understand things around here?

Offline

#18 2013-02-13 16:53:07

tysonrss
Member
From: US, Ohio
Registered: 2011-08-27
Post 580/649

Re: A long apology from Mateo to the users of Skeetendo.

Looks like things are simmering down. I got dragged into the  iirc crowd since i hang with them often, whether if its asking for help, trying to help with pokecrystal or just hanging out. So i clearly felt a better connection with them(minus kanzure).

Yeah i figured ''skeet'' was derived from something derogatory because i know all the weird sayings that go on, though no one says skeet anymore.

Hopefully some of us can go to TH and not be caught up in nonsense. I still come here and other places.

Hopefully tensions will decrease now.


Pokemon Blue DX is reborn!

Offline

#19 2013-02-13 17:46:32

Mateo
Member
From: The Sims 4
Registered: 2009-11-25
Post 2,318/3,580

Re: A long apology from Mateo to the users of Skeetendo.

kanzure wrote:
stag019 wrote:

So, Mateo, kanzure and I (and padz uninvitedly) had a long discussion on IRC about how I (and padz) misinterpreted his response on IRC.

So I'm curious to know what "OH LOOK, HE REPENTS" and "what a loser" means to you when preceded by that particular quotation of you. Because I have a strong feeling you won't interpret it the way kanzure intended it, if neither padz nor I did.

03:31 <+kanzure> "OH LOOK, HE REPENTS" was my utter shock that he reconsidered his stance
03:31 <+kanzure> and "what a loser" was "took him long enough, what a delinquent"

I can see how you meant that (looking at it now that you've explained it of course) but at the time I basically took it to be very sarcastic, and something to the tune of "Oh look, he's apologizing. Only losers apologize, fuck that." Or something. But even then (and as I told Miksy, because we were chatting at the time) I said "Well that's fine, he can call me whatever he wants. I've done my part and I'll keep trying to do it. If he refuses, well, I guess that's his problem now." But I'm glad to know that was all a big misunderstanding. I'm definitely looking forward to the direction it seems things are going now that we're all starting to understand each other.

comet wrote:
Mateo wrote:

But kanzure, at any rate, I certainly won't be putting you down and spreading rumours about you, or trying to convince people not use your disassembly.

It's everyone's disassembly. If the lack of exposure implies it's not free to use and contribute to, it's more that it's still in its infancy. I was quick to extol its virtues since there are only a couple people contributing so far. In light of that, the priority is making it more accessible so everyone can help out.

I started working on the crystal disassembly because I wasn't satisfied with what was currently feasible. The battle engine is totally undocumented after all these years. That was the big motivator for me. I was going to do it myself before I found this one. I believe ii, kanzure, stag, sanky and bugcatcher's motivations are similar. There is a lot of untapped potential.

My crassness has generally been out of frustration that there hasn't been a mutual understanding. I'm more used to the heated banter of irc than monolithic forum discourse, so I anticipate people shrugging things off more easily than they're used to. I also suck at getting my point across. I think I probably created a lot of unneeded tension when there was plenty to go around already.

Skeetendo is an ok name. It won't be derivative forever.

I was about to argue semantics, since I called it his disassembly simply because he started it and is (if I remember) the one who "owns" the main version, that the other forks send... what did you guys call it that night... push requests? combine requests? I don't know but you get what I'm talking about. But I see what you mean. It really is supposed to be everyone's disassembly, it just needs a lot more exposure. Is there a thread here anywhere that introduces it and tells people how to get involed? I know there is a document telling people how to download things and set up a fork, but I think it might be handy to at least have a thread (even if it is locked and a single post) that tells people about the disassembly, what it does, and why it is a good idea. Then it could say to come to the IRC to get involved or something.

And that makes sense too about you being more used to the "heated banter of IRC". I have a friend from college who was in a similar situation when he got there. He was used to hanging out with a group of people who would constantly use joking insults and other things when talking to each other without meaning anything by it (moreso than "normal" guys would it seemed) and so when he got here, and tried to do the same thing, people weren't expecting it and thought "wow, that guy's a prick" when he was really just used to something else. So believe me, I completely know what you're talking about there.

tysonrss wrote:

Looks like things are simmering down. I got dragged into the  iirc crowd since i hang with them often, whether if its asking for help, trying to help with pokecrystal or just hanging out. So i clearly felt a better connection with them(minus kanzure).

Yeah i figured ''skeet'' was derived from something derogatory because i know all the weird sayings that go on, though no one says skeet anymore.

Hopefully some of us can go to TH and not be caught up in nonsense. I still come here and other places.

Hopefully tensions will decrease now.

Hopefully things are getting back to normal now. It looks to me like we're all getting on the right track. Only one way to find out I guess, just have to see how it goes.

Pyro wrote:
Mateo wrote:

On one very last, and practically unrelated note, I do kind of wish that we could change the name of this forum to something other than "Skeetendo". I'm honestly a little embarassed by that name now, and its ridiculous origins. I mean, I'm sure you've all noticed that the name is a combination of "Skeet" and "Nintendo". And its not talking about the clay targets you shoot for duck hunting practice. The forum is so named because Pyro and I were lazy and combined "Nintendo" with a rap song. I guess in the end, this is me apologizing for the name of the forum.

I agree. It was funny as an inside joke for us, and seemingly took off and was accepted, but deep down I always felt kinda silly using the name. Not that it was awful though, I've seen worse, and I'm proud to see it has stuck around for this long (thanks to you for sticking by and using it while I vanished into thin air), especially since it started out as a joke name, but yeah I think it's time to perhaps retire that name if that's what you think is the right choice.

As for the other stuff in this thread, I know nothing about it since I've never been around and never post, but you're a good guy and I know personally that you didn't mean any harm; We all say and do things unintentionally sometimes.

I signed off last night while you were online, but before you replied and I was wondering what your thoughts were on all this since you hadn't been around much lately. Thanks for supporting me, and also glad to see it isn't just me who thinks our name is childish at this point.

I think comet and tysonrss do have points in that it won't have that same connotation forever (although everyone I know still pretty much knows what you mean if you say "skeet", even though it doesn't get used as often). Plus, I've always pronounced the word as SKEE-ten-do, not SKEET-endo so if we don't change the name, well, maybe other people just won't even think about things like this. Haha.

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB