Skeetendo

’Cause all games were better on the GBC

You are not logged in.

#1 2013-01-30 20:53:11

Kuroko Aizawa
Member
Registered: 2011-12-01
Post 255/499

Just a little nitpick.

I really do like Skeetendo, and I can see quite clearly that many other users like it too. One thing a lot of us aren't realizing is that this forum is more for documentation and team effort in ROM Hacking than the off-topic congregations that try to take place here. It pains me to log on here daily and see Spam everywhere...

I am simply suggesting that the rules are toughened up a bit here, as the spam is getting a little ridiculous, honestly. It's not even bots this time, it's users, which is even worse.

I have nothing against anyone, but I think some of you should stop trying to use this site to hang out and chat about off-topic things, as that is clearly not the purpose of the forums.

Offline

#2 2013-01-30 21:32:35

emaj30
Member
From: Indigo Plateau
Registered: 2012-12-29
Post 177/463
Website

Re: Just a little nitpick.

i think that includes me:) though im here to read some tuts.aside from that to comment on some other threads too,my apology for such behaviour,i do agree with you.

Offline

#3 2013-01-30 21:34:43

Kuroko Aizawa
Member
Registered: 2011-12-01
Post 257/499

Re: Just a little nitpick.

emaj30 wrote:

i think that includes me:) though im here to read some tuts.aside from that to comment on some other threads too,my apology for such behaviour,i do agree with you.

I think it's great that the forum is thriving, and it's great that people are posting, just make sure you stay on topic. That would truly make my day :)

Offline

#4 2013-01-30 21:39:34

Miksy91
Member
Registered: 2010-10-16
Post 1,483/2,339

Re: Just a little nitpick.

I agree.

Would it be possible to create thread creation limits like they have in PC ? That way moderators could have more control behind things that are going on.

Also, we could always take out the whole General Discussion forum but I personally like having one. It's nicer to actually know the people around rather than just talk about rom hacking related stuff with them only. Although it is certainly true that most of the threads tend to have off-topic discussion sooner or later after the thread being made.

emaj30 wrote:

i think that includes me:) though im here to read some tuts.aside from that to comment on some other threads too,my apology for such behaviour,i do agree with you.

I wouldn't put you into "that category".

Another suggestion;
Would it be possible to create some kind of "inquiry" for the persons wanting the join the community about what things are important and what would the community mean to you? You could choose your opinion from some list there and get points out of the answers. That wouldn't solve anything but would give a better view on what Skeetendo is for.

And finally...
It wouldn't hurt if the "experienced ones" didn't post useless stuff in topics. The ones not understanding wouldn't keep posting a monologue with themselves either. I know this is "hard" because as for myself, I like replying to different things, whether or not they actually solve anything.

Last edited by Miksy91 (2013-01-30 21:45:43)

Offline

#5 2013-01-30 21:42:12

Kuroko Aizawa
Member
Registered: 2011-12-01
Post 258/499

Re: Just a little nitpick.

I have nothing against topics in the General Discussion, it's the rest of the forum that worries me.

Offline

#6 2013-01-30 22:20:24

Mateo
Member
From: The Sims 4
Registered: 2009-11-25
Post 2,245/3,578

Re: Just a little nitpick.

I know I've played my part in this too. I wouldn't have gone so far to town in the Chowdit discussion if it hadn't been for the fact that he decided to call me out personally and insult my hacking ability in public instead of sending me an email. But that thread isn't the only thing you are talking about, and I know that. But I agree, it is getting a bit ridiculous and we could probably use a restructuring of the rules at the very least. As of right now, they are really vague and its hard to enforce them because they don't really go into enough detail or cover enough things I think. (And that's partially my fault, since I helped make them originally).

Offline

#7 2013-01-30 22:34:59

emaj30
Member
From: Indigo Plateau
Registered: 2012-12-29
Post 181/463
Website

Re: Just a little nitpick.

absolutely,im wanting a more enforced skeetendo when it comes to these things.it really adds some reputation to this community being orderly and such,but its fun talking some other things too.and thanks for not including me though as for myself i feel really included,but anyways.

Offline

#8 2013-01-30 22:36:17

tysonrss
Member
From: US, Ohio
Registered: 2011-08-27
Post 515/649

Re: Just a little nitpick.

There aren't any rules here, if anything Chowdit is the only one not breaking them

'no claiming other's work as your own'
'no flaming'
'no profanity'
'no malicious posts'


Pokemon Blue DX is reborn!

Offline

#9 2013-01-30 22:46:45

Kuroko Aizawa
Member
Registered: 2011-12-01
Post 262/499

Re: Just a little nitpick.

Woah, dat loophole.

Offline

#10 2013-01-30 22:52:13

Munchulax
Member
From: Somewhere in Johto
Registered: 2011-08-10
Post 258/410

Re: Just a little nitpick.

Mateo wrote:

I know I've played my part in this too. I wouldn't have gone so far to town in the Chowdit discussion if it hadn't been for the fact that he decided to call me out personally and insult my hacking ability in public instead of sending me an email. But that thread isn't the only thing you are talking about, and I know that. But I agree, it is getting a bit ridiculous and we could probably use a restructuring of the rules at the very least. As of right now, they are really vague and its hard to enforce them because they don't really go into enough detail or cover enough things I think. (And that's partially my fault, since I helped make them originally).

I have to apologize as well.  I only decided to post in the Chowdit thread because I just didn't want him to get away with insulting Mateo like that, and also because what Chowdit said could also apply to other hackers that don't make "completely new" hacks (which according to Chowdit makes them not good), so I think what I was trying to do was trying to defend everyone's hacks.  That being said, I think a look at the rules to see how we can improve them would be a good idea.

Last edited by Munchulax (2013-01-30 22:55:12)


“To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all.” ― Oscar Wilde

Offline

#11 2013-01-30 22:56:17

tysonrss
Member
From: US, Ohio
Registered: 2011-08-27
Post 517/649

Re: Just a little nitpick.

What I don't get is why people are making afuss over the rules...it's up to each individual to act right, I mean who actually follows rules on a forum? It's up to a person and his morals I suppose.


Pokemon Blue DX is reborn!

Offline

#12 2013-01-30 23:01:38

emaj30
Member
From: Indigo Plateau
Registered: 2012-12-29
Post 184/463
Website

Re: Just a little nitpick.

tysonrss wrote:

What I don't get is why people are making afuss over the rules...it's up to each individual to act right, I mean who actually follows rules on a forum? It's up to a person and his morals I suppose.

yes its true,and i think common sense should be included too.

Offline

#13 2013-01-30 23:02:17

Munchulax
Member
From: Somewhere in Johto
Registered: 2011-08-10
Post 259/410

Re: Just a little nitpick.

tysonrss wrote:

What I don't get is why people are making afuss over the rules...it's up to each individual to act right, I mean who actually follows rules on a forum? It's up to a person and his morals I suppose.

True, and I think that most people on this forum followed the rules without ever looking at them by using their common sense/courtesy like emaj30 said, but I think the rules need to be there for those who need the rules as a guideline.

Last edited by Munchulax (2013-01-30 23:04:02)


“To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all.” ― Oscar Wilde

Offline

#14 2013-01-30 23:03:35

Kuroko Aizawa
Member
Registered: 2011-12-01
Post 263/499

Re: Just a little nitpick.

tysonrss wrote:

What I don't get is why people are making afuss over the rules...it's up to each individual to act right, I mean who actually follows rules on a forum? It's up to a person and his morals I suppose.

Rules are to enforce a forum's etiquette, without them it is nothing more than a barbaric writing pad for all to use, good and bad. General Discussion can be the Spam/Offtopic forum I don't care, but keep it out of the main forum.

Offline

#15 2013-01-30 23:29:26

emaj30
Member
From: Indigo Plateau
Registered: 2012-12-29
Post 186/463
Website

Re: Just a little nitpick.

this topic have gone so long i might say and it's all up to our admins/moderator on what actions to take.all of you made a very good point and i hope we get some results soon:)

Last edited by emaj30 (2013-01-31 00:23:49)

Offline

#16 2013-01-31 00:42:46

emaj30
Member
From: Indigo Plateau
Registered: 2012-12-29
Post 189/463
Website

Re: Just a little nitpick.

i believe others cant really ignore such person easily?i dont know but its just my observation.and yes you're right,chowdit is harmless but for me he's really funny.lol!he can piss off grown-ups easily,haha!

Last edited by emaj30 (2013-01-31 00:48:56)

Offline

#17 2013-02-13 07:42:30

618/703

Re: Just a little nitpick.

Squall wrote:

I really do like Skeetendo, and I can see quite clearly that many other users like it too. One thing a lot of us aren't realizing is that this forum is more for documentation and team effort in ROM Hacking than the off-topic congregations that try to take place here. It pains me to log on here daily and see Spam everywhere...

I am simply suggesting that the rules are toughened up a bit here, as the spam is getting a little ridiculous, honestly. It's not even bots this time, it's users, which is even worse.

I’m working on this.

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB