Skeetendo

’Cause all games were better on the GBC

You are not logged in.

#1 2013-01-26 01:45:54

Melash
Member
Registered: 2010-10-16
Post 127/132

Pokemon Chrome [2013 Demo Release!]

Hack of: Pokemon Gold
Hack Name: Pokemon Chrome

Introduction:
Hello everyone. It's me, Melash! Some of you may remember me, some may not. I'm the dude behind AncientEmerald. I've been in the ROM Hacking Scene since 2008. It's been on and off since then because of, well, life. However, I've finally gotten my hack complete enough for a Demo release. This is the first hack I've actually released playable content for. So..let's delve into this hack a little bit!

Storyline:
Prepare for a brand new experience. Chrome is far from your staple Pokemon game. You live on the peak of Mt.Lagna, a small town isolated from the outside world. Despite it being your 16th birthday, your overprotective mother forbids you from getting a Pokemon. It seems as though an adventure isn't a possibility. Or is it? I don't want to give away any of the storyline, just play it and see what happens!

Features:
-Completely redone game
-Two brand new regions
-Revamped graphics, including custom tiles and devamps
-All scripts are fresh and new
-Running Shoes added in (Credit to Koolboyman)
-Brand new storyline
-No more UPPERCASE PROPER NOUNS. Everything is lowercase.
-Tons of other features. Just play and see for yourself.

Screenshots:
Here's what you've all been waiting for. Enjoy:
cavem.png centerqd.png forestg.png gymh.png krystalh.png labr.png lagna.PNG mtlagna.png routeg.png shopm.png signsa.png trainerqw.png wallo.png wall2e.png


Credits:
Koolboyman - Running Shoes, some tiles and inspiration from his hack
Miksy91 - Helped fix some glitches
Tauwasser - Amazing Scripting Compendium
Mateo - Cool dude, answered a lot of questions for me
Storm118 - My best friend. Helped out a ton with ideas. The Demo wouldn't be completed without him.

Download:
http://www.2shared.com/file/N93WcQpG/Ch … _Demo.html

Demo Notes:
The Demo allows you to travel to two towns, three routes, and two dungeons. If there are any glitches you discover please post them here.
Known Glitches:
-The Town Map labels are not finished
-Blacking out can sometimes cause you to start at the beginning of the game
-The gate at Ceples City is the end of the Demo.

Support:
If you'd like to support this game, please check out my YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/adudewithsunglasses

Feedback, support, and constructive criticism are gladly welcome!

Last edited by Melash (2013-01-26 06:33:52)

Offline

#2 2013-01-26 01:55:17

Mateo
Member
From: The Sims 4
Registered: 2009-11-25
Post 2,201/3,578

Re: Pokemon Chrome [2013 Demo Release!]

Looks amazing, mate! Looking forward to finally getting to play this!

Offline

#3 2013-01-26 03:37:54

Storm118
Member
Registered: 2012-01-13
Post 88/99

Re: Pokemon Chrome [2013 Demo Release!]

The game is epic. I will be doing a live broadcast, Sunday Night, of the game. Stay tuned for where It will be at. I will show all the things you might not have found out yourself.


The Storm is here!
Gotta hack them all, Gotta hack them all, Pokemon.

Offline

#4 2013-01-26 05:12:47

emaj30
Member
From: Indigo Plateau
Registered: 2012-12-29
Post 165/463
Website

Re: Pokemon Chrome [2013 Demo Release!]

i might not play this demo but im looking forward for the completion of it,nice work sir!please keep up and have a great hack:)

Offline

#5 2013-01-26 06:33:38

Melash
Member
Registered: 2010-10-16
Post 129/132

Re: Pokemon Chrome [2013 Demo Release!]

Alright guys, I've got the Demo Ready! Here's the download. Enjoy!

http://www.2shared.com/file/N93WcQpG/Ch … _Demo.html

Offline

#6 2013-01-26 06:44:27

y0r124
Member
From: Anywhere.
Registered: 2012-09-12
Post 217/331
Website

Re: Pokemon Chrome [2013 Demo Release!]

Wuuhuu, this is cool! I'm going to play it.


my FB

Lurking somewhere here...

Offline

#7 2013-01-26 09:09:55

Dieblokkies
Member
Registered: 2012-11-10
Post 22/25

Re: Pokemon Chrome [2013 Demo Release!]

Will someone please create a meboy version for this?


I just love pokemon gbc hacks!

Offline

#8 2013-01-26 10:26:06

virus95x
Member
Registered: 2012-04-03
Post 73/225

Re: Pokemon Chrome [2013 Demo Release!]

Melash wrote:

Alright guys, I've got the Demo Ready! Here's the download. Enjoy!

http://www.2shared.com/file/N93WcQpG/Ch … _Demo.html


Really? Why upload on 2shared? To most the donwload button doesnt work or whatsoever and 2shared is fucked up can you re upload on different one? or can someone do that or send me a gbc file?

Offline

#9 2013-01-26 11:25:30

owata753
New member
From: 1111111111
Registered: 2011-04-22
Post 2/2
Website

Re: Pokemon Chrome [2013 Demo Release!]

very good!


111111111111111111111111

Offline

#10 2013-01-26 12:09:10

emaj30
Member
From: Indigo Plateau
Registered: 2012-12-29
Post 167/463
Website

Re: Pokemon Chrome [2013 Demo Release!]

its better to upload it  on datafilehost.com,and my personal suggestion is sharemobile.ro:)
please do try thoes two,i cant download it either on 2shared coz im only using my phone.

Offline

#11 2013-01-26 12:38:38

Lipun
Banned
From: Dark den darkrai's catcher,dar
Registered: 2013-01-02
Post 49/139
Website

Re: Pokemon Chrome [2013 Demo Release!]

Good news virus will upload it on peperonity today or tommorow meboy 2.2 and meboy 1.6


Go aerodactyl wing attack

Offline

#12 2013-01-26 13:28:10

SSJ4 Furanki
Member
Registered: 2010-10-16
Post 41/51

Re: Pokemon Chrome [2013 Demo Release!]

Started my file, then the game just crashed. I named my guy, then when it was supposed to be the overworld the game went back to the boot screen (2012 MELASH - which is nomally Game Freak, Nintendo, Pokémon, Creatures Inc.)

Offline

#13 2013-01-26 15:49:14

rupert213
New member
Registered: 2013-01-23
Post 1/2

Re: Pokemon Chrome [2013 Demo Release!]

for those who can't download the file i uploaded a mirror link from mediafire.. :)


http://www.mediafire.com/?imbzirwjzrdjbtm

Offline

#14 2013-01-26 16:40:19

Melash
Member
Registered: 2010-10-16
Post 130/132

Re: Pokemon Chrome [2013 Demo Release!]

SSJ4 Furanki wrote:

Started my file, then the game just crashed. I named my guy, then when it was supposed to be the overworld the game went back to the boot screen (2012 MELASH - which is nomally Game Freak, Nintendo, Pokémon, Creatures Inc.)

Try the Mediafire download and see if that works for you. I find it odd that it crashed though. Let me know if you get it working! What emulator are you using?

Offline

#15 2013-01-26 17:33:56

Munchulax
Member
From: Somewhere in Johto
Registered: 2011-08-10
Post 236/410

Re: Pokemon Chrome [2013 Demo Release!]

Glitch Report Time! - 7.5 Glitches so far

1: Only your house plays Pallet Town's music, everywhere else in your hometown plays New Bark Town's music (besides for the lab of course).  Probably an oversight. Either the rest of the town is supposed to play Pallet Town's music, or the player's house is supposed to play New Bark Town's music.

2: You can get all three starters: If you talk to Prof. Yew at his computer again after already getting your Pokemon, the whole "I have a Pokemon to give to you" script starts all over again. Of course, this can lead to you getting three parcels and getting stuck in the side room if you decide to follow him a fourth time :P
2.5: It even can trigger another glitch: If you talk to Prof. Yew a second time and don't follow him, the girl who lost her earrings will let you pass without ever having talking to Prof. Yew in Vallecia City, ignoring the trigger, and "magically" disappearing from Route 201 and reappearing in Route 202 as a trainer when you enter it.
    48kCzSqM Rv2U96Sv CcQJ3qVV

3: Apparently, your starter will be holding a Berry pretending to be a TERU-SAMA.
    QkuPQRj0 UFCVVh8k

4: Krystal will reappear if you walk away (making her go offscreen), and then go back.  She will only disappear forever if you go back to Vallecia City (it does not matter if you talk to the Prof.) and then go back to Route 201.
    HNo2logK

5: This guy doesn't face you when you talk to him.
    3sPsrZ8v

6: And this lady doesn't even talk to you; she just crashes the game (black screen and last music note plays forever until reset for me).
    WMcJWd1T

7: This house plays Azalea Town's music possibly due to oversight.
    UKvwhWz8

I will continue to update this post until you respond, then I will make new posts.  I'm using BGB to play the game, just in case you need to know.

Last edited by Munchulax (2013-01-26 18:19:00)


“To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all.” ― Oscar Wilde

Offline

#16 2013-01-26 17:40:26

virus95x
Member
Registered: 2012-04-03
Post 74/225

Re: Pokemon Chrome [2013 Demo Release!]

Offline

#17 2013-01-26 18:26:40

Melash
Member
Registered: 2010-10-16
Post 131/132

Re: Pokemon Chrome [2013 Demo Release!]

Munchulax wrote:

Glitch Report Time! - 7.5 Glitches so far

1: Only your house plays Pallet Town's music, everywhere else in your hometown plays New Bark Town's music (besides for the lab of course).  Probably an oversight. Either the rest of the town is supposed to play Pallet Town's music, or the player's house is supposed to play New Bark Town's music.

2: You can get all three starters: If you talk to Prof. Yew at his computer again after already getting your Pokemon, the whole "I have a Pokemon to give to you" script starts all over again. Of course, this can lead to you getting three parcels and getting stuck in the side room if you decide to follow him a fourth time :P
2.5: It even can trigger another glitch: If you talk to Prof. Yew a second time and don't follow him, the girl who lost her earrings will let you pass without ever having talking to Prof. Yew in Vallecia City, ignoring the trigger, and "magically" disappearing from Route 201 and reappearing in Route 202 as a trainer when you enter it.
    http://db.tt/48kCzSqM http://db.tt/Rv2U96Sv http://db.tt/CcQJ3qVV

3: Apparently, your starter will be holding a Berry pretending to be a TERU-SAMA.
    http://db.tt/QkuPQRj0 http://db.tt/UFCVVh8k

4: Krystal will reappear if you walk away (making her go offscreen), and then go back.  She will only disappear forever if you go back to Vallecia City (it does not matter if you talk to the Prof.) and then go back to Route 201.
    http://db.tt/HNo2logK

5: This guy doesn't face you when you talk to him.
    http://db.tt/3sPsrZ8v

6: And this lady doesn't even talk to you; she just crashes the game (black screen and last music note plays forever until reset for me).
    http://db.tt/WMcJWd1T

7: This house plays Azalea Town's music possibly due to oversight.
    http://db.tt/UKvwhWz8

I will continue to update this post until you respond, then I will make new posts.  I'm using BGB to play the game, just in case you need to know.

Thank you so much for the detailed glitch report and screenshots to go along with it. All of those are easily fixable and I'll get started on them. Definitely let me know what else you find!

Offline

#18 2013-01-26 18:30:15

virus95x
Member
Registered: 2012-04-03
Post 75/225

Re: Pokemon Chrome [2013 Demo Release!]

When I select the name and goes to the game screen it crashes something java exception run error... just like furanki said my crashes but differently.. what java you used creating your game?

Offline

#19 2013-01-26 18:35:24

Melash
Member
Registered: 2010-10-16
Post 132/132

Re: Pokemon Chrome [2013 Demo Release!]

virus95x wrote:

When I select the name and goes to the game screen it crashes something java exception run error... just like furanki said my crashes but differently.. what java you used creating your game?

What emulator are you using?

jwibagi wrote:
Melash wrote:

Thank you so much for the detailed glitch report and screenshots to go along with it. All of those are easily fixable and I'll get started on them. Definitely let me know what else you find!

Munchulax beat me to the bug fix! I'd also like to add, however:

  • In the beginning map, when you "fall" into the hole-in-the-ground warp, you don't "fall" from above. It acts more like a stairs warp.

  • Your house plays Pallet Music while the outside plays another.

  • You don't even have to talk to Yew in the first room at all; you can simply walk to the side room and grab the PokeBalls.

I've got to say that the "maze" in Ceples Forest is an amazing maze.

Okay, thanks for glitch reports.

And thanks for the compliment, I worked pretty hard on that map.

Offline

#20 2013-01-26 18:38:26

Munchulax
Member
From: Somewhere in Johto
Registered: 2011-08-10
Post 237/410

Re: Pokemon Chrome [2013 Demo Release!]

Melash wrote:

Thank you so much for the detailed glitch report and screenshots to go along with it. All of those are easily fixable and I'll get started on them. Definitely let me know what else you find!

No problem. I'll definitely keeping playing and posting glitches!

jwibagi wrote:

Munchulax beat me to the bug fix! I'd also like to add, however:

  • In the beginning map, when you "fall" into the hole-in-the-ground warp, you don't "fall" from above. It acts more like a stairs warp.

  • You don't even have to talk to Yew in the first room at all; you can simply walk to the side room and grab the PokeBalls.

I knew I was forgetting a couple of things, and I know there's still something else that hasn't been posted yet, but I can't remember. I was going to post the "hole-in-the-ground warp" oversight, but forgot.  As for the Yew oversight, I didn't notice that, and it's funny because I went in and out of that room so many times and never thought of trying that. :P

jwibagi wrote:

I've got to say that the "maze" in Ceples Forest is an amazing maze.

I know, right?  It really is an actual maze.


“To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all.” ― Oscar Wilde

Offline

#21 2013-01-26 18:56:35

Munchulax
Member
From: Somewhere in Johto
Registered: 2011-08-10
Post 238/410

Re: Pokemon Chrome [2013 Demo Release!]

Ah, I remember now!

Here it is:
57M42TMy  UC5foqoe

Maybe you could clean up the little war that happened up there on Route 203? :P

Last edited by Munchulax (2013-01-26 18:59:15)


“To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all.” ― Oscar Wilde

Offline

#22 2013-01-26 19:25:12

Mateo
Member
From: The Sims 4
Registered: 2009-11-25
Post 2,205/3,578

Re: Pokemon Chrome [2013 Demo Release!]

Looking great so far! I have a couple of additional bugs to report as well.

1. There do not seem to be any wild pokemon in the forest.
2. The sign in front of the gate house after leaving the forest makes the game crash.

Those are the only bugs so far that I found that weren't already reported. Also I have to agree, that was an amazing design in the forest. Nice to have a real maze to go through.

Offline

#23 2013-01-26 19:53:08

virus95x
Member
Registered: 2012-04-03
Post 76/225

Re: Pokemon Chrome [2013 Demo Release!]

Melash wrote:
virus95x wrote:

When I select the name and goes to the game screen it crashes something java exception run error... just like furanki said my crashes but differently.. what java you used creating your game?

What emulator are you using?

jwibagi wrote:
Melash wrote:

Thank you so much for the detailed glitch report and screenshots to go along with it. All of those are easily fixable and I'll get started on them. Definitely let me know what else you find!

Munchulax beat me to the bug fix! I'd also like to add, however:

  • In the beginning map, when you "fall" into the hole-in-the-ground warp, you don't "fall" from above. It acts more like a stairs warp.

  • Your house plays Pallet Music while the outside plays another.

  • You don't even have to talk to Yew in the first room at all; you can simply walk to the side room and grab the PokeBalls.

I've got to say that the "maze" in Ceples Forest is an amazing maze.

Okay, thanks for glitch reports.

And thanks for the compliment, I worked pretty hard on that map.



I want and i play on mobile phone, and by what i've seen so far your java game doesn't support the java that my phone has...my phone is sony ericsson k810i

The error that shows up is:

An error has occurred
(error//20
java.lang.RuntimeException
fc)

Offline

#24 2013-01-26 21:50:48

virus95x
Member
Registered: 2012-04-03
Post 77/225

Re: Pokemon Chrome [2013 Demo Release!]

Now it's fine but when the game screen appears then I'm stuck and can't do anything...

Offline

#25 2013-01-26 22:00:25

SSJ4 Furanki
Member
Registered: 2010-10-16
Post 42/51

Re: Pokemon Chrome [2013 Demo Release!]

Melash wrote:
SSJ4 Furanki wrote:

Started my file, then the game just crashed. I named my guy, then when it was supposed to be the overworld the game went back to the boot screen (2012 MELASH - which is nomally Game Freak, Nintendo, Pokémon, Creatures Inc.)

Try the Mediafire download and see if that works for you. I find it odd that it crashed though. Let me know if you get it working! What emulator are you using?

I tried the mediafire link too, it's probably the fact I'm using VisualBoy Advance as my emulator.

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB