Skeetendo

’Cause all games were better on the GBC

You are not logged in.

#126 2013-07-20 07:58:40

Akwa
Member
Registered: 2012-06-14
Post 126/140

Re: Gen 2: Fake 'em all! # Alpha version released #

How come only anonymous antiviruses return positive results? Learn some manners first, smartass, before judging me and my work.

Offline

#127 2013-07-20 14:00:39

jastolze
Member
Registered: 2013-01-13
Post 7/112

Re: Gen 2: Fake 'em all! # Alpha version released #

Akwa wrote:

How come only anonymous antiviruses return positive results? Learn some manners first, smartass, before judging me and my work.

Pretty sure I wasn't judging you, I simply made a statement. Take it or leave it. And smartass? That's a first. So, you're telling me you're 100% certain it's NOT a threat? I would love to play your awesome game, but I'm more paranoid than anyone you'll ever meet when it comes to PC malware. I think you can understand why I was upset.

Offline

#128 2013-07-21 07:44:25

Danny-E 33
Administrator
Registered: 2012-06-09
Post 608/1,149

Re: Gen 2: Fake 'em all! # Alpha version released #

jastolze wrote:

Freakin' 3 anti viruses found it to be malicious. I'm pretty sure it's NOT a false positive, since all 3 say it's a backdoor worm, and to be honest, I'm not too surprised. This is why I scan ANY executable before running it. I'm not sure if this was intentional, (can't see how it's not) but I would love this (and like a quarter of every other hacking tool) to be disinfected.

jastolze, you have to understand what antivirus software is looking for. In this case, it is noticing that this executable has code in it that alters other files and therefore the antivirus assumes this executable must be dangerous. It assumes the executable is altering files of the user's computer without the user knowing about it (because that is what some viruses can do) but in fact there is nothing that the executable does behind the user's back and therefore has a legitimate reason for getting a false positive three times. Everything's okay.

jastolze wrote:

and like a quarter of every other hacking tool

My point applies to every tool that you've ever been told was malicious by antivirus software. I've never once come across a ROM hacking tool that was actually harmful. That would be silly.

Offline

#129 2013-07-21 14:36:34

jastolze
Member
Registered: 2013-01-13
Post 8/112

Re: Gen 2: Fake 'em all! # Alpha version released #

Danny-E 33 wrote:
jastolze wrote:

Freakin' 3 anti viruses found it to be malicious. I'm pretty sure it's NOT a false positive, since all 3 say it's a backdoor worm, and to be honest, I'm not too surprised. This is why I scan ANY executable before running it. I'm not sure if this was intentional, (can't see how it's not) but I would love this (and like a quarter of every other hacking tool) to be disinfected.

jastolze, you have to understand what antivirus software is looking for. In this case, it is noticing that this exeicutable has code in it that alters other files and therefore the antivirus assumes this executable must be dangerous. It assumes the executable is altering files of the user's computer without the user knowing about it (because that is what some viruses can do) but in fact there is nothing that the executable does behind the user's back and therefore has a legitimate reason for getting a false positive three times. Everything's okay.

jastolze wrote:

and like a quarter of every other hacking tool

My point applies to every tool that you've ever been told was malicious by antivirus software. I've never once come across a ROM hacking tool that was actually harmful. That would be silly.


I can understand this hacking tool to be a false positive. However, I'm certain that there are like 4 or 5 pokemon hacking tools that are in fact legit threats.
When I ran a tool by the name of A-Trainer, it attempted to access the internet. Why would it need internet access? And no, it wasn't trying to fetch an update.
This is the same with a tool called Dexter. So, automatically ruling out that just because it modifies a file(s) and assuming it's automatically not a threat isn't the best idea, because even if the creator of the tool did not infect the tool himself, there's malware out there that can infect other non infected applications.

Either way, I apologize, Akwa, for irritating you, I was a bit skeptical about this, and wasn't expecting an exe file.

Offline

#130 2013-07-21 18:32:33

Danny-E 33
Administrator
Registered: 2012-06-09
Post 609/1,149

Re: Gen 2: Fake 'em all! # Alpha version released #

I have not heard of either of those tools so I cannot offer any explanation.

Offline

#131 2013-07-21 19:48:51

jastolze
Member
Registered: 2013-01-13
Post 9/112

Re: Gen 2: Fake 'em all! # Alpha version released #

Danny-E 33 wrote:

I have not heard of either of those tools so I cannot offer any explanation.

By A-Trainer, I meant Advance Trainer. The GBA Trainer editor.

Offline

#132 2013-07-21 20:34:30

TheYena
Member
From: Route 110, Hoenn
Registered: 2012-07-03
Post 103/125
Website

Re: Gen 2: Fake 'em all! # Alpha version released #

jastolze wrote:
Danny-E 33 wrote:

I have not heard of either of those tools so I cannot offer any explanation.

By A-Trainer, I meant Advance Trainer. The GBA Trainer editor.

Basically this user is speaking about Game Boy Advance ROM hacking.


You know the glitches that exist in the Pokémon games?
Only the ones named "MISSINGNO." are Missingno.
The others are not. They are their own glitches with their own names.
Sorry, it's a... thing that bugs me a little.

Offline

#133 2013-07-21 23:42:24

Danny-E 33
Administrator
Registered: 2012-06-09
Post 610/1,149

Re: Gen 2: Fake 'em all! # Alpha version released #

TheYena wrote:

Basically this user is speaking about Game Boy Advance ROM hacking.

That would explain why I've never heard of it.

Offline

#134 2013-10-20 10:09:14

narfnrara
Member
Registered: 2013-02-17
Post 36/47

Re: Gen 2: Fake 'em all! # Alpha version released #

So hey, this still bein worked on? Or is it shelved 'cause school and all that?


stunfisking the nation since the 90s

Offline

#135 2013-10-20 16:07:08

Akwa
Member
Registered: 2012-06-14
Post 127/140

Re: Gen 2: Fake 'em all! # Alpha version released #

It is being worked on. If progress is big enough, I'll post.
I don't want to give any teasers or stuff like that because I had to start project all over from scratch again so there's not much of progress and I prefer delivering than giving empty informations.

All I can say at this moment, I finally came up with idea how to make the randomized game really realistic. If things go well you can even expect pokedex data generation.

Offline

#136 2013-10-21 15:16:27

narfnrara
Member
Registered: 2013-02-17
Post 37/47

Re: Gen 2: Fake 'em all! # Alpha version released #

Oh, cool! Glad to know that, you have my support dude!


stunfisking the nation since the 90s

Offline

#137 2013-11-13 22:47:21

ElectrikeInc
Member
Registered: 2012-02-14
Post 114/120

Re: Gen 2: Fake 'em all! # Alpha version released #

Hello! I am an incredibly inexperienced ROM hacker, so I find the fact that you were able to make this is incredible!
I played through a ROM made with it all the way up to Red, and it was really fun! ^^
However, I do have one question: I accidentally had the program create a new file without renaming the one that I had played before, so it completely overwrote the file. I can still access my save file, but all of my Pokémon have changed types, colors and such, so it is going to be very hard to get used to. Is there a way to restore the original, overwritten version of the ROM? Never mind! I got the file back! ^^

Last edited by ElectrikeInc (2013-11-13 23:14:28)


I haven't been on this site for a very long time. Sorry about that! >.<
I am probably not going to get very far in the ROM projects that I've started, at least until I get more experience hacking, so I apologize.

Offline

#138 2013-11-13 22:51:24

ShaneM
Member
From: United States (USA)
Registered: 2013-03-11
Post 231/287
Website

Re: Gen 2: Fake 'em all! # Alpha version released #

ElectrikeInc wrote:

Hello! I am an incredibly inexperienced ROM hacker, so I find the fact that you were able to make this is incredible!
I played through a ROM made with it all the way up to Red, and it was really fun! ^^
However, I do have one question: I accidentally had the program create a new file without renaming the one that I had played before, so it completely overwrote the file. I can still access my save file, but all of my Pokémon have changed types, colors and such, so it is going to be very hard to get used to. Is there a way to restore the original, overwritten version of the ROM?

Why not just re-download the ROM? You should make backups in the future, to avoid this issue.

Last edited by ShaneM (2013-11-13 22:52:15)


I'm back. I'll try not to get as frustrated with stupid questions. People on my naughty list:

*Pokemon_Master
*Noizy
*lipun
*Spambots

Offline

#139 2013-11-13 22:55:14

comet
Member
Registered: 2012-04-09
Post 314/679

Re: Gen 2: Fake 'em all! # Alpha version released #

ElectrikeInc wrote:

Is there a way to restore the original, overwritten version of the ROM?

if you remember the exact moment you generated the rom you can set your system clock to that time

Offline

#140 2013-11-13 23:05:18

ElectrikeInc
Member
Registered: 2012-02-14
Post 115/120

Re: Gen 2: Fake 'em all! # Alpha version released #

ShaneM - It is the randomized ROM itself, so it isn't uploaded anywhere. However, I will make sure that I backup my files in the future! ^^
Comet - I know that it happened at 5:35 PM, and I hadn't done anything else before then, so I can set it to 5:34 PM and nothing else would be lost. However, I have no idea how to set my system clock to a different time. x.x Would you (or anyone else) be able to help with that?
EDIT: Never mind; I found it and recovered the file! Thank you so much for your help! ^^

Last edited by ElectrikeInc (2013-11-13 23:13:52)


I haven't been on this site for a very long time. Sorry about that! >.<
I am probably not going to get very far in the ROM projects that I've started, at least until I get more experience hacking, so I apologize.

Offline

#141 2013-11-13 23:15:27

ShaneM
Member
From: United States (USA)
Registered: 2013-03-11
Post 232/287
Website

Re: Gen 2: Fake 'em all! # Alpha version released #

Are you on Windows? If so, do a System Restore: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGXbMyFaROw
(Same concept for earlier Windows.)

EDIT: Glad to see you got it, ElectrikeInc. I posted this the same time that you edited your last post. :P

I'll just leave it for anybody who needs help.

Last edited by ShaneM (2013-11-13 23:20:56)


I'm back. I'll try not to get as frustrated with stupid questions. People on my naughty list:

*Pokemon_Master
*Noizy
*lipun
*Spambots

Offline

#142 2013-11-16 07:50:10

ElectrikeInc
Member
Registered: 2012-02-14
Post 116/120

Re: Gen 2: Fake 'em all! # Alpha version released #

Another quick question: How do I progress if every Water-type (at least the ones that I've seen...) is in the Whirl Islands? I can't find any Pokémon that can learn Surf...


I haven't been on this site for a very long time. Sorry about that! >.<
I am probably not going to get very far in the ROM projects that I've started, at least until I get more experience hacking, so I apologize.

Offline

#143 2013-11-16 07:55:07

Pokemonking
Member
From: Sinnoh
Registered: 2013-04-13
Post 318/543
Website

Re: Gen 2: Fake 'em all! # Alpha version released #

My question is what is an alpha version

Offline

#144 2013-11-16 09:40:19

ShaneM
Member
From: United States (USA)
Registered: 2013-03-11
Post 241/287
Website

Re: Gen 2: Fake 'em all! # Alpha version released #

Pokemonking wrote:

My question is what is an alpha version


A randomly posted question, as usual.

Your Google must be broken or you still don't know how to use it; found this in 23 seconds: http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index … 6042820716

Why the fudge do you even post, lipun? And in the WRONG place, too.

ElectrikeInc wrote:

Another quick question: How do I progress if every Water-type (at least the ones that I've seen...) is in the Whirl Islands? I can't find any Pokémon that can learn Surf...


@ElectrikeInc, if it's a bug, try using a Gameshark code and catch a water Pokemon: http://www.psypokes.com/gsc/gsgameshark.php Use the code 01392CDA and it's first attack will be surf when you use the wild Pokemon code (01xxEDD0 with the list). Replace the 'xx' with a wild Pokemon value.

Last edited by ShaneM (2013-11-16 10:35:48)


I'm back. I'll try not to get as frustrated with stupid questions. People on my naughty list:

*Pokemon_Master
*Noizy
*lipun
*Spambots

Offline

#145 2013-11-16 11:17:38

Akwa
Member
Registered: 2012-06-14
Post 131/140

Re: Gen 2: Fake 'em all! # Alpha version released #

Pokemonking wrote:

My question is what is an alpha version

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/alpha_version

ElectrikeInc wrote:

Another quick question: How do I progress if every Water-type (at least the ones that I've seen...) is in the Whirl Islands? I can't find any Pokémon that can learn Surf...

Yeah that's unfortunately an unthought bug. Either you are lucky and find a dual-typed second type water pokemon, or you've got to gameshark some water pokemon. You've fought with few fishermen so I suppose you know some water pokemon. Sorry for that, but you see this is alpha :)


I'm going to add a feature which allows adding newer gen moves into game (by cost of removing some less useful moves, eg. Frustration or Egg Bomb etc.). In this video you can see how Superpower looks like in gen II:

Superpower in Gen II

Offline

#146 2013-11-16 17:19:25

Pokemonking
Member
From: Sinnoh
Registered: 2013-04-13
Post 319/543
Website

Re: Gen 2: Fake 'em all! # Alpha version released #

Thanks akwa!

Offline

#147 2013-11-16 22:16:16

ωtheresiaω
Member
Registered: 2013-08-22
Post 13/16

Re: Gen 2: Fake 'em all! # Alpha version released #

I really like this idea!
But I'd like to ask you a favour: could you post a download link to an already randomized rom? My PC has died and the phone I connect with obviously can't run EXE files 'cause is an android. (If it isn't a problem of course!) Thanks. :)

Last edited by ωtheresiaω (2013-11-16 22:17:24)


I exist within the very fabric of reality. Do you want to challenge me?

Offline

#148 2013-11-16 23:24:37

ElectrikeInc
Member
Registered: 2012-02-14
Post 117/120

Re: Gen 2: Fake 'em all! # Alpha version released #

There are a bunch of options that you can choose from. I can randomize a ROM for you to use, but you should choose which options should be on and which should be off:
Should Rock Smash always be TM08? (This is kind of important, so I suggest having it on.)
Should Frustration be changed to Astonish?
Should Razor Wind be changed to Silver Wind? (Note that Silver Wind keeps the high critical hit ratio, in addition to having a chance of boosting all stats.)
Should Barrage be changed to Steel-type, and have its power changed to 18?
Should Pokémon be restricted to learning moves that they can physically execute? (For example, with this on, a randomized Voltorb cannot use Mega Punch because it has no arms.)
Should Flying always be a secondary type? (This option is here because that is how it was until Tornadus came along.)
Should each of the starters form the standard Fire/Water/Grass trio? (If true, the three types are shuffled among the starters, and the starters learn offensive moves of their types as the third or fourth move.)
Should the letters of moves and Pokémon names all be capital?
Should the difficulty be increased? (Your Pokémon gain experience more slowly, and the levels of your opponents' Pokémon increase.)

Akwa and ShaneM - Thank you for your help!
Akwa - Superpower looks awesome! Also, I found a potential bug. In one ROM, I fought a Grass/Ghost Igglybuff above Cherrygrove under the ownership of one of the Youngsters. Didn't you say somewhere that Ghost-types weren't supposed to be available until after you beat Falkner? Never mind! I just looked at the list in the first post, and it says that this hasn't been implemented yet.

Last edited by ElectrikeInc (2013-11-16 23:27:25)


I haven't been on this site for a very long time. Sorry about that! >.<
I am probably not going to get very far in the ROM projects that I've started, at least until I get more experience hacking, so I apologize.

Offline

#149 2013-11-17 09:33:13

ωtheresiaω
Member
Registered: 2013-08-22
Post 14/16

Re: Gen 2: Fake 'em all! # Alpha version released #

Yes to all with a few requests: randomized type for starters (other types than grass, water and fire), all names in capital, experience and general Pokémon's levels higher. Thank in advance.


I exist within the very fabric of reality. Do you want to challenge me?

Offline

#150 2013-11-17 11:55:03

ElectrikeInc
Member
Registered: 2012-02-14
Post 118/120

Re: Gen 2: Fake 'em all! # Alpha version released #

Okay!
Here is a randomized one of Gold:
http://www.mediafire.com/?ywl11xtqdjfq200
Here is a randomized one of Silver:
http://www.mediafire.com/?6lvcg8thm252yaw
Is it okay that they are in GBC format? I have no idea how to make a .jar file. x.x


I haven't been on this site for a very long time. Sorry about that! >.<
I am probably not going to get very far in the ROM projects that I've started, at least until I get more experience hacking, so I apologize.

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB