You are not logged in.

#26 2013-01-05 23:44:38

meanmrmustad
Post 34/38

Re: Idea of a rom base

IIMarckus wrote:
meanmrmustad wrote:
emaj30 wrote:

hey hey,hot heads?you guys have different understandings and interests,we all know it,we're not here to showcase whatever things someone are lacking of,why dont tell other people what your strong at and share it to them?the fact that we wont mind what you lack of,instead we want what your knowledge is up to with,it make sense having a discussion of some sort tackling about making hacking easy,but i think pinching others nose out of that idea just to show ones weakness is not this forum want,right?i may not be here for so long,infact i've been here for only a week but i do care for this forum,instead of telling everyboy who's dumb or not,noob or not,good or not,interested or not,why not act as a team?with different knowledge but with only one aim,to help others and show hacking really is,it wont matter if that would be done by means of hex,asm and the like,i counts whatever you teach to someone else,right?
@comet
hey bro,as for me,you're too rough for this,i do understand your very own point but why not share it to everybody?make your own asm guide like tauwasser and guigue did,if thats what can you call it,and show whats asm,as an easy task to deal with,if you really wish to tell to us thats not too hard to learn to,and there you can have the right to say its really a walk in the park as you can see,not a big rock to bang with,being rude to others just to show your point of view isn't a very good idea for me though,
@mateo and probably cartmic
hey guys,whats up with stepping down?you guys are awesome admins i should say,whats the matter,did comet burst your bubbles?to sir mateo,you did gave your point in a very clear manner,so whats wrong with that?i just dont know if comet really meant to say something like you lied but i do believe you're just making yourself relevant to this topic,just keep at it,i do really respect all of you guys and i hope this thing will be in good shape as it were before,you two have a totally different thing to say bout hacking but it doesnt mean to collide ideas and express it in a explicitly rude manner,i should say,especially to comet,please man,dont be so rough,we're all part of this small but helpful community,remember?

p.s.
i might be sounding as the good guy here,i'm not,but i just want to have a good atmosphere here,thats it and enough is enough,everyone said their side here,for me thats more than enough instead of ramming more ideas towards each other,its really obnoxious to hear,

bloody hell work on your formatting, its a pain to read what you write!

Use paraghrapsh and whatnot.

His formatting needs work but IMO his posts have been the best in the thread.

Yup

#27 2013-01-05 23:51:14

comet
Post 89/679

emaj30 wrote:

i just dont know if comet really meant to say something like you lied

i didn't call him a liar.

Last edited by comet (2013-01-05 23:51:58)

#28 2013-01-05 23:56:06

emaj30
Post 102/463
Website

comet wrote:
emaj30 wrote:

i just dont know if comet really meant to say something like you lied

i didn't call him a liar.

ow sorry,my mistake,

#29 2013-01-05 23:56:30

comet
Post 90/679

it's not your fault

#30 2013-01-06 00:03:12

emaj30
Post 103/463
Website

@meanmrmustad
hey,not a good objection man!
@comet
knock it off man,dont be so rude,why dont make a good point out of it,though you're not wrong saying so at all,

#31 2013-01-06 00:13:27

comet
Post 91/679

emaj30 wrote:

@comet
knock it off man,dont be so rude,

no no no i was saying that it wasn't your mistake. i wasn't trying to be rude.

#32 2013-01-06 00:25:52

emaj30
Post 106/463
Website

comet wrote:
emaj30 wrote:

@comet
knock it off man,dont be so rude,

no no no i was saying that it wasn't your mistake. i wasn't trying to be rude.

yah,i mean to others,maybe rough not rude i should say,hahaha!i knew what you're saying,hahaha!sorry for the obscure thought,

Last edited by emaj30 (2013-01-06 00:29:36)

#33 2013-01-06 06:34:36

RED
Post 85/521

Miksy91 can you make another thread like this? or should I make another like this?

わたし の なまえ わ レン レン  でづ

#34 2013-01-06 06:53:42

Mateo
Post 2,146/3,578

After having spent (well, the rest of the time since I posted earlier) cooling down all of this by hanging out with a friend, I wanted to come back to this thread. I've read through the posts that were made in my absence, and some good points were made.

First off, I want to apologize to Miksy for contributing to the argument in his thread. It wasn't the proper way to handle any of this, and here was not the place to handle it either I don't think.

Secondly, I want to apologize to everyone else for all of that. While I was serious about my posts, I acted irrationally because I was angry. emaj30 is right. We should put aside our differences instead of butting heads, because nobody gains anything from that. Yes, we have different opinions. We probably don't even like each other at this point. But we're still a community, and we still want to help people (even if we see different things as helping).

#35 2013-01-06 07:04:59

Zapdos
Post 103/114

You should go back as admin Mateo, it looks weird saying Mateo, Member :/

Looks like hes been....
(•_•)
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)
Disarmed!!!
YEEEEEEEEAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!

#36 2013-01-06 07:12:00

emaj30
Post 110/463
Website

ha!i think we should forget about that and lets talk about miksy's idea instead,no one's wrong here,its just a little misunderstanding,

#37 2013-01-06 07:19:03

Mateo
Post 2,149/3,578

Yes. Getting back on topic, I think that redoing the code to allow more flexibility in those areas is a good idea. I also think that it would be a good idea to modify the backsprite-loading routine, so that they could be located in any bank instead of both having to be in the same bank. A modified version of the assembly I've been working on for Pokemon Christmas would fit that bill nicely, I think, and I would be happy to contribute it.

I also think it would be nice to have the data for tileset and collision data already repointed, so that there was enough free space at the end to add more tiles if they choose to use Tauwasser's Tileset Extension patch. It wouldn't be difficult to do, just copy + paste and shifting data around and fixing the pointers.

Of course, since this patch would change some things around, it would be handy to include the locations that data have been moved to, so that people know what they are getting into if they use the rombase.

#38 2013-01-06 07:31:59

emaj30
Post 112/463
Website

Mateo wrote:

Yes. Getting back on topic, I think that redoing the code to allow more flexibility in those areas is a good idea. I also think that it would be a good idea to modify the backsprite-loading routine, so that they could be located in any bank instead of both having to be in the same bank. A modified version of the assembly I've been working on for Pokemon Christmas would fit that bill nicely, I think, and I would be happy to contribute it.

I also think it would be nice to have the data for tileset and collision data already repointed, so that there was enough free space at the end to add more tiles if they choose to use Tauwasser's Tileset Extension patch. It wouldn't be difficult to do, just copy   paste and shifting data around and fixing the pointers.

Of course, since this patch would change some things around, it would be handy to include the locations that data have been moved to, so that people know what they are getting into if they use the rombase.

ah pretty good to hear that,anyways,i'm just thinking of it,if that would be applied to the rom,all of the free space will be moved backwards and all the data inside will be moved in front of the rom?i mean all the data be seen inside the rom altogether leaving all the freespace the other way?

#39 2013-01-06 07:35:22

emaj30
Post 113/463
Website

i think it would require a little bit of time and effort to get finished and then be used as well,

#40 2013-01-06 07:35:56

Mateo
Post 2,150/3,578

I assume that with something like this, there would still be free space throughout the rom. There might be more free space in earlier banks when code and data was moved to the empty banks at the end, but its impossible to say until something like this came together. Assuming Miksy is still interested in it after we hijacked his thread.

#41 2013-01-06 09:10:21

RED
Post 87/521

I think I will be the who will post ips.
ok here .
http://www.mediafire.com/?1ocd80vsmtwpadt
PAllete data bank
changes
original bank =2
changed to= 28

わたし の なまえ わ レン レン  でづ

#42 2013-01-06 09:24:57

emaj30
Post 114/463
Website

i think he's just busy?i haven't seen him lately here,

#43 2013-01-06 16:05:44

Miksy91
Post 1,422/2,339

Yep, I had been "busy" doing something else. No, not busy at all but I just haven't been able to access the board or see the posts this far either. You had some conversation here, didn't you...

About the ideas though, for now I think it would be a good idea to move both the trainer data and mov./evo. datas to another rom banks, for instance in 7D:4000 (0x1F4000) and 7E:4000 (0x1F8000). Tileset data could of course be edited as well but I personally think it should be left unedited.

If this "rom base" hack only did the changes mentioned earlier, everyone should be able to patch the file to their hacks without worrying much about what it does (of course, additional text file could be created for the hack explaining all the rom offsets it writes new data to). And just for this reason, I don't think collision data should be edited with it. That way, no harm would come to anybody using it.

But once these changes would be done, "first version" of the rom base could be released and it could be expanded with new stuff later on. Anyway, I can probably work the first version out myself but feel free to give ideas and do your own implementations to the rom base as well.

Last edited by Miksy91 (2013-01-06 16:08:38)

#44 2013-01-06 19:44:52

theoblivinator
Post 65/98

Hey I'd like to help with this idea. Just to make sure that I'm understanding what we are talking about is that we want to create a patch that when patched to a ROM it moves a lot of data tables to other free space in the ROM? Stuff like Move and Evo data and the attack table and so forth to an empty bank so we can continuously add to it without having to repoint the table ourselves?

That way someone could take this patch, apply it to their ROM and conveniently have the most common data tables moved to free banks so they can edit them to their desire right?

That sounds like a great idea and I'd love to be apart of it!

Perhaps someone could coordinate with me on someway I can help. I might not know everything yet but I'll still try my best to be helpful!

#45 2013-01-06 20:22:37

Miksy91
Post 1,428/2,339

theoblivinator wrote:

Hey I'd like to help with this idea. Just to make sure that I'm understanding what we are talking about is that we want to create a patch that when patched to a ROM it moves a lot of data tables to other free space in the ROM? Stuff like Move and Evo data and the attack table and so forth to an empty bank so we can continuously add to it without having to repoint the table ourselves?

That way someone could take this patch, apply it to their ROM and conveniently have the most common data tables moved to free banks so they can edit them to their desire right?

That sounds like a great idea and I'd love to be apart of it!

Perhaps someone could coordinate with me on someway I can help. I might not know everything yet but I'll still try my best to be helpful!

That's pretty much the plan, at least with some interesting structures like trainers and pokemon evo./mov. data.

For now, I believe I'll be making this first version on my own but it can be expanded later on though (and this won't be much of a task really). If you want to help me out, you can try doing something about the other structures than those two (everything is asm work really).

I can't really point you into right directions with this one...

#46 2013-01-06 21:45:36

emaj30
Post 120/463
Website

its pretty much like re-sorting the data inside the rom?

#47 2013-01-06 22:09:45

theoblivinator
Post 67/98

Would you be doing stuff with event data at all? That way if someone wanted to add more people events or triggers to a map they wouldn't have to repoint all the existing event data, so someone could just add on to the existing event data without overlapping data afterwards?

What about repointing the trigger table and adding every map to it, so hackers who want triggers in maps that don't have them already are able to do so.

Seems like this could be either something pretty simple, or something very complex but entirely worth it.

#48 2013-01-06 22:28:04

emaj30
Post 124/463
Website

theoblivinator wrote:

Would you be doing stuff with event data at all? That way if someone wanted to add more people events or triggers to a map they wouldn't have to repoint all the existing event data, so someone could just add on to the existing event data without overlapping data afterwards?

What about repointing the trigger table and adding every map to it, so hackers who want triggers in maps that don't have them already are able to do so.

Seems like this could be either something pretty simple, or something very complex but entirely worth it.

well,all we can do is to wait for this thing to come up,let's see what will happen.

#49 2013-01-07 07:25:23

Miksy91
Post 1,431/2,339

emaj30 wrote:

its pretty much like re-sorting the data inside the rom?

Yes, a player wouldn't notice any differences with the original game if played the patched rom.

theoblivinator wrote:

This goes in the same category as tileset and its header modifications. I don't think it should be edited, just because that would make the patch uncompatible with most hacked roms.

theoblivinator wrote:

There is a 3-byte pointer to the trigger table somewhere in the "beginning" of the rom file already so it can be moved easily if wanted to.
But this isn't that simple; trigger numbers are stored in ram. Expanding the table would only make things confusing (as parts of the trigger table in ram could either be used twice or the "new slots" could point to unused part of ram memory (and this for instance is something that is used in my own hack...). Too complex, I personally think that everything the hacker might want to change on his/her own, shouldn't be included to the patch.

theoblivinator wrote:

The contents of the patch can be achieved most likely quite easily. I haven't checked how to move the mov./evo. data because my own hack didn't require it but shouldn't be that difficult. About trainer data, I've personally worked out that issue with DE already so I know how it works.

Last edited by Miksy91 (2013-01-07 07:28:00)

#50 2013-01-07 08:13:32

RED
Post 89/521

Miksy91 wrote:

There is a 3-byte pointer to the trigger table somewhere in the "beginning" of the rom file already so it can be moved easily if wanted to.
But this isn't that simple; trigger numbers are stored in ram. Expanding the table would only make things confusing (as parts of the trigger table in ram could either be used twice or the "new slots" could point to unused part of ram memory (and this for instance is something that is used in my own hack...). Too complex, I personally think that everything the hacker might want to change on his/her own, shouldn't be included to the patch.

As myself I know where is the trigger table pointer where is, In my hack i repointed the table onto another table but i do not repointed the ram adress will be the trigger will. If you have played my hack, you will see that i have many trigger event and map script in there. I repointed it to 0x9a6100 if you want to know what i mean open my hack to hex editor then go to the adress any analyze what i mean.

わたし の なまえ わ レン レン  でづ

Board footer