Skeetendo

’Cause all games were better on the GBC

You are not logged in.

#1 2012-12-23 12:06:44

ResTowSeR
New member
Registered: 2012-12-23
Post 1/5

Need [Help] with my idea please

Hello, to every one I'am new to this forum .

Friends I impressed to make a topic to express
my idea.
I want to know if have you ever knows how to increase the pokemon limit?
If have not yet I'am impressed to
add some .
1.  I want to determine the offset and pointers of pokemon names.
2.   Offset and pointer of Pokemon pictures.
3.   Pokemon stats. Evolution exp, etc ... offsets and pointer.
4. how to transfer offset data to another offset data example :15000-16000 I want it move to fffff-fffff.
if this question solve my
idea totally solve too

Offline

#2 2012-12-23 23:16:00

stag019
Idea Killer
Registered: 2011-01-05
Post 245/630

Re: Need [Help] with my idea please

It's always a good idea no to specify which game you're talking about.


You can try to hide yourself in this world of pretend; when the paper's crumpled up, it can't be perfect again.

Offline

#3 2012-12-24 07:27:12

RED
Member
From: Japan
Registered: 2012-09-03
Post 55/517

Re: Need [Help] with my idea please

ResTowSeR wrote:

Hello, to every one I'am new to this forum .

Friends I impressed to make a topic to express
my idea.
I want to know if have you ever knows how to increase the pokemon limit?
If have not yet I'am impressed to
add some .
1.  I want to determine the offset and pointers of pokemon names.
2.   Offset and pointer of Pokemon pictures.
3.   Pokemon stats. Evolution exp, etc ... offsets and pointer.
4. how to transfer offset data to another offset data example :15000-16000 I want it move to fffff-fffff.
if this question solve my
idea totally solve too

I think this not an Idea?? :P

I know all the of the answer your question. But only no.4 will I answer. coz I spent my time on finding those table,pointer and pointer to pointer.
my answer:

If you are telling how to repoint you must find the beginning of the code write this simple asm for repointing;

3e zz 21 xx yy cf c9
zz-Bank
xxyy-2byte pointer

Last edited by RED (2012-12-24 07:52:27)


わたし の なまえ わ レン レン  でづ

Offline

#4 2013-01-04 07:42:26

ResTowSeR
New member
Registered: 2012-12-23
Post 3/5

Re: Need [Help] with my idea please

RED wrote:
ResTowSeR wrote:

Hello, to every one I'am new to this forum .

Friends I impressed to make a topic to express
my idea.
I want to know if have you ever knows how to increase the pokemon limit?
If have not yet I'am impressed to
add some .
1.  I want to determine the offset and pointers of pokemon names.
2.   Offset and pointer of Pokemon pictures.
3.   Pokemon stats. Evolution exp, etc ... offsets and pointer.
4. how to transfer offset data to another offset data example :15000-16000 I want it move to fffff-fffff.
if this question solve my
idea totally solve too

I think this not an Idea?? :P

I know all the of the answer your question. But only no.4 will I answer. coz I spent my time on finding those table,pointer and pointer to pointer.
my answer:

If you are telling how to repoint you must find the beginning of the code write this simple asm for repointing;

3e zz 21 xx yy cf c9
zz-Bank
xxyy-2byte pointer


hey red what do you mean?
3e -                |        how about otherss....
zz - bank         | so did you mean??? 3e is a asm then zz is a part of asm 
21 -                 | what is 21??
xx - 2byte        |   and cf,c9 what is this all of asm have this hex?? or not
yy - pointer      |                           
cf -                  |
c9 -                 |
















hirap mag ingles mag nonoise ako ni2

Offline

#5 2013-01-04 07:46:04

Miksy91
Member
Registered: 2010-10-16
Post 1,409/2,306

Re: Need [Help] with my idea please

Those are asm instructions wrotten in hexadecimal byte form:
3E xx - ld a, bank
21 yy zz - d hl, pointer
CF - rst 8

In G/S, you can do a bankswitch with those operations through an asm routine.

Last edited by Miksy91 (2013-01-04 07:49:02)

Offline

#6 2013-01-04 07:50:47

comet
Member
Registered: 2012-04-09
Post 74/672

Re: Need [Help] with my idea please

the corresponding asm would look like

ld a, zz
ld hl, yyxx
rst 8
ret

rst 8 is a macro that can be used for anything. in gold, it's used to call address zz:yyxx.

i'm not sure what the purpose of using this would be or why it was posted.

Last edited by comet (2013-01-04 07:53:21)

Offline

#7 2013-01-04 07:50:48

ResTowSeR
New member
Registered: 2012-12-23
Post 4/5

Re: Need [Help] with my idea please

ohh mr.miksy i know u i am ur youtube wacther didyou created a bankswitching tutorial to make it understand clearly??

Offline

#8 2013-01-04 12:43:29

Miksy91
Member
Registered: 2010-10-16
Post 1,411/2,306

Re: Need [Help] with my idea please

You have no use for this kind of operation as its own really...
The fact that you can switch rom banks doesn't do you any good, it's impossible to just magically repoint a pointer table in another rom bank by switching a couple of bytes.

Offline

#9 2013-01-04 13:00:16

emaj30
Member
From: Indigo Plateau
Registered: 2012-12-29
Post 67/463
Website

Re: Need [Help] with my idea please

ResTowSeR wrote:

ohh mr.miksy i know u i am ur youtube wacther didyou created a bankswitching tutorial to make it understand clearly??

uhm,how did you learn asm?or did you learned it by means of tutorials?are you taking any programming course?you can go to the thread of sir amvz08 on general dicussions,we can freely talk tagalog there,

Offline

#10 2013-01-04 14:01:57

Miksy91
Member
Registered: 2010-10-16
Post 1,412/2,306

Re: Need [Help] with my idea please

emaj30 wrote:
ResTowSeR wrote:

ohh mr.miksy i know u i am ur youtube wacther didyou created a bankswitching tutorial to make it understand clearly??

uhm,how did you learn asm?or did you learned it by means of tutorials?are you taking any programming course?you can go to the thread of sir amvz08 on general dicussions,we can freely talk tagalog there,

By tutorials, I started reading about GB assembly from a site called ASMSchool. After I had realized how the simple stuff worked, I simply tried to locate some in-game routines to see how they worked and eventually learned pretty much everything there is to learn about the instructions. There is still a long way to go though.

I haven't done any programming courses expect for one when I was in high school (but at that time I hardly knew anything about hex editing either).

Offline

#11 2013-01-04 14:21:08

emaj30
Member
From: Indigo Plateau
Registered: 2012-12-29
Post 70/463
Website

Re: Need [Help] with my idea please

@miksy
hmmm,sounds interesting,maybe i should try it too,coz hacking just by rearranging everything inside the rom makes a little sense since the original game is enough to experience what pokemon is,but changing it by means of asm and hex is another story,but do you have an idea why there's is no tool for directly making an asm inside the rom,i mean like the other tools specifically made for,example,sprite inserting or scripting,or i might have been mistaken?

Offline

#12 2013-01-04 14:35:26

Miksy91
Member
Registered: 2010-10-16
Post 1,414/2,306

Re: Need [Help] with my idea please

emaj30 wrote:

@miksy
hmmm,sounds interesting,maybe i should try it too,coz hacking just by rearranging everything inside the rom makes a little sense since the original game is enough to experience what pokemon is,but changing it by means of asm and hex is another story,but do you have an idea why there's is no tool for directly making an asm inside the rom,i mean like the other tools specifically made for,example,sprite inserting or scripting,or i might have been mistaken?

I haven't used them but I think there are compilers around there that allow you to insert files containing "asm text" into the roms. I'll rather just write the code into the rom straight with an assembly editor.

Offline

#13 2013-01-04 14:56:01

emaj30
Member
From: Indigo Plateau
Registered: 2012-12-29
Post 73/463
Website

Re: Need [Help] with my idea please

0w i see,do i really need to mess with the codes aside from doing what is instructed?

Offline

#14 2013-01-04 15:01:38

Miksy91
Member
Registered: 2010-10-16
Post 1,415/2,306

Re: Need [Help] with my idea please

If you want to be able to do something about the original coding or for example load your own asm routine through a script (with 0E - callasm command), yes. It's not that difficult, if you want to learn to do so you can eventually make it.

Offline

#15 2013-01-04 15:09:17

comet
Member
Registered: 2012-04-09
Post 77/672

Re: Need [Help] with my idea please

emaj30 wrote:

but do you have an idea why there's is no tool for directly making an asm inside the rom,i mean like the other tools specifically made for,example,sprite inserting or scripting,or i might have been mistaken?

Code isn't compressed (like graphics) or obtuse (like script macros). An instruction is one byte followed by any parameters it could have.

Of course reading assembly in a hex editor is just plain wrong. There is a Crystal disassembly on GitHub that compiles assembly written in plaintext into a new rom. It's not complete yet, but since it's a disassembly of the whole rom you can do anything with it that you could with an assembled rom (and much more). It's basically a recreation of the source code.

Offline

#16 2013-01-04 15:10:24

emaj30
Member
From: Indigo Plateau
Registered: 2012-12-29
Post 75/463
Website

Re: Need [Help] with my idea please

thanks for entertaining my concern,maybe someday i might outshine your hacks i used to play back then,haha!and one of my plan is to make a routine of a pokemon tailing your back as you walk,or in simple words i want to remade yellow out of gold's engine,hehe,

Offline

#17 2013-01-04 19:36:11

comet
Member
Registered: 2012-04-09
Post 82/672

Re: Need [Help] with my idea please

emaj30 wrote:

@miksy
hmmm,sounds interesting,maybe i should try it too,coz hacking just by rearranging everything inside the rom makes a little sense since the original game is enough to experience what pokemon is,but changing it by means of asm and hex is another story,but do you have an idea why there's is no tool for directly making an asm inside the rom,i mean like the other tools specifically made for,example,sprite inserting or scripting,or i might have been mistaken?

i want to point out that this is the best post on the forum. everyone should read it and then read it again.

Offline

#18 2013-01-05 11:50:59

RED
Member
From: Japan
Registered: 2012-09-03
Post 82/517

Re: Need [Help] with my idea please

RAW wrote:

hey red what do you mean?
3e -                |        how about otherss....
zz - bank         | so did you mean??? 3e is a asm then zz is a part of asm
21 -                 | what is 21??
xx - 2byte        |   and cf,c9 what is this all of asm have this hex?? or not
yy - pointer      |                           
cf -                  |
c9 -                 |

My mistakes. My post are incomplete :)
you should find the beginning of the code then copy all the code .and after that you will input the code through hex
If you don't know how to caltculate pointer, there is a tool call "POINTER BERENCHER"(zz,xx,yy)
3e-tells the bank
zz-(first byte of the pointer)
21-load hl ,
xxyy-last to bytes of pointer
followed by
cf c9- end of code or rest!


わたし の なまえ わ レン レン  でづ

Offline

#19 2013-01-05 14:57:19

emaj30
Member
From: Indigo Plateau
Registered: 2012-12-29
Post 91/463
Website

Re: Need [Help] with my idea please

comet wrote:
emaj30 wrote:

@miksy
hmmm,sounds interesting,maybe i should try it too,coz hacking just by rearranging everything inside the rom makes a little sense since the original game is enough to experience what pokemon is,but changing it by means of asm and hex is another story,but do you have an idea why there's is no tool for directly making an asm inside the rom,i mean like the other tools specifically made for,example,sprite inserting or scripting,or i might have been mistaken?

i want to point out that this is the best post on the forum. everyone should read it and then read it again.

haha!i'm shy bout you've said,maybe you just instead say its good?not making myself humble but im just curious,maybe asm would be more fun with specific tool/s that can be used,there can be a way of making some,and im not that one coz i dont know even a scratch from programming,

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB