Skeetendo

’Cause all games were better on the GBC

You are not logged in.

#1 2011-02-20 08:40:18

Miksy91
Member
Registered: 2010-10-16
Post 288/2,339

Pokemon G/S/C Sounds

I thought of collecting different sounds that these games use and make a list of them but it may take some time as I believe some sounds can only be played through different events or something...
Possibly, people events can't play sounds that signpost events can - I don't know...
Why I believe so is that, I can't make my randomly created person to play neither elevator or the sound that is played when the door is opened in goldenrod underground with the basement key. Instead, the game just plays them as "text box" sound.

I was wondering if anyone of you had gathered a list of these and could post it here :)

Offline

#2 2011-02-20 09:23:40

161/703

Re: Pokemon G/S/C Sounds

I had a list, but it seems to have gone missing. It would not be hard to make though. For instance, you can play a sound in Gold through ASM.

ld de,SOUNDNUMBER
call $3E24

#3 2011-02-20 09:42:49

koolboyman
Member
Registered: 2010-10-16
Post 22/203

Re: Pokemon G/S/C Sounds

Here's my list.

00: Pokédex Fanfare 50–79
01: Item
02: Caught Pokemon
03: Pokéballs placed on table
04: Potion
05: Full Heal
06: Menu
07: Read Text
08: Read Text
09: Pokédex Fanfare 20-49
0A: Pokédex Fanfare 80-109
0B: Poison
0C: Got Safari Balls
0D: Boot up PC
0E: Boot Down PC
0F: Choose PC Option
10: Bide
11: Push button
12: Second part of Itemfinder
13: Warp To
14: Warp From
15: Change Pokédex Mode
16: Jump over ledge
17: Grass rustle
18: Run from battle/Fly
19: Wrong
1A: Squeak
1B: Strength
1C: Boat
1F: Wall open
1E: Place Puzzle piece down
1F: Enter Door
20: Switch Pokemon
21:
22: Buy/Sell
23: Exit Building
24: Bump
25: Saved Game
26: Pokéflute
27: Elevator End
28: Throw Pokéball
29: Smokescreen
2A:
2B: Run away
2C: Slot Machine Start
2D: Fanfare
2E: Beck
2F: Kinesis
30: Lick
31: Pound
32: Move puzzle piece
33: Comet Punch
34: Mega Punch
33: Scratch
36: Vicegrip
37: Razor Wind
38: Cut
39: Wing Attack
3A: Whirlwind
3B: Bind
3C: Vine Whip
3D: Double Kick
3E: Mega Kick
3F: Headbutt
40: Horn Attack
41: Tackle
42: Poison Sting
43: Poisonpowder
44: Doubleslap
45: Bite
46: Jump Kick
47: Stomp
48: Tail Whip
49: Karate Chop
4A: Submission
4B: Water Gun
4C: Swords Dance
4D: Thunder
4E: Supersonic
4F: Leer
50: Ember
51: Bubblebeam
52: Hydro Pump
53: Surf
54: Psybeam
55: Leech Seed
56: Thundershock
57: Psychic
58: Screech
59: Bone Club
5A: Sharpen
5B: Egg Bomb
5C: Sing
5D: Sky Attack
5E: Ice Beam

62: Tap
63: Tap
64: Burn

67: Get coins after winning at Slot Machine
68: Pay Day
69: Metronome
6A: Calling someone
6B: End Call
6C: No Signal
6D: Sandstorm
6E: Elevator
6F: Protect
70: Sketch
71: Rain Dance
72: Aeroblast
73: Spark
74: Curse
75: Rage
76: Thief
77: Thief
78: Spider Web
79: Mind Reader
7A: Nightmare
7B: Snore
7C: Sweet Kiss
7D: Sweet Kiss
7E: Belly Drum
7F:
80: Sludge Bomb
81: Foresight
82: Spite
83: Outrage
84: Perish Song
85: Giga Drain
86: Attract
87: Kinesis
88: Zap Cannon
89: Mean Look
8A: Heal Bell
8B: Return
8C: Exp Bar goes up
8D: Milk Drink
8E: Present
8F: Morning Sun
90: Level Up
91: Got Key Item
92: Fanfare
93: Registered a phone number
94: Bug Catching Contest third place
95: Received egg from Day‐Care Man
96: duplicate of 95?
97: Move deleted by Move Deleter
98: Bug Catching Contest second place
99: Bug Catching Contest first place
9A: Taking guess at card game
9B: Got TM
9C: Received Badge
9D: Quit Slots
9E: Nothing
9F: Pokédex Fanfare < 20
A0: Pokédex Fanfare 140–169
A1: Pokédex Fanfare 170–199
A2: Pokédex Fanfare 200–229
A3: Pokédex Fanfare ≥ 230
A4: Evolved
A5: Master Ball
A6: Egg Cracks
A7: Charizard breathes Fire (Scene 3 Intro)
A8: Pokémon Appears (Scene 3 Intro)
A9: Flash
AA: Gamefreak Logo
AB: Not Very Effective damage
AC: normal damage
AD: Super Effective damage
AE: Poké Ball Bounces
AF: Moonlight
B0: Encore
B1: Beat Up
B2: Baton Pass
B3: Pokémon trying to break out of ball
B4: Sweet Scent
B5: Sweet Scent
B6: Hit end of Exp. Bar
B7: Giving Pokémon Via Trade
B8: Getting Pokémon Via Trade
B9: Train arrived
BA: Stop Slot Machine Column
----
Crystal:
BB: Two boops
BC: Glass Ting
BD: Two Glass Ting
BE: Intro Unown 1
BF: Intro Unown 2
C0: Intro Unown 3
C1: Boop
C2: Game Freak Ditto transform
C3: Intro Suicune 1
C4: Intro Pichu
C5: Intro Suicune 2
C6: Intro Suicune 3
C7: Game Freak Ditto bounce
C8: Intro Suicune 4
C9: Game Freak Presents
CA: Tingle
CB: Sand?
CC: Two Computer Beeps
CD: 4 Note Ditty
CE: Twinkle

Last edited by IIMarckus (2011-03-25 02:00:43)

Offline

#4 2011-02-20 10:33:43

Miksy91
Member
Registered: 2010-10-16
Post 289/2,339

Re: Pokemon G/S/C Sounds

Just what I needed !
Thanks :D

Offline

#5 2011-03-25 01:52:43

173/703

Re: Pokemon G/S/C Sounds

Gave names to a couple blank entries. Still a few sounds in there I don’t recognize or can’t place.

#6 2011-11-11 06:08:15

323/703

Re: Pokemon G/S/C Sounds

On a similar note, here is a list of songs.

Music

00 nothing
01 title screen
02 Route 1
03 Route 3
04 Route 12
05 Train Ride
06 Kanto Gym Leader fight
07 Kanto Trainer fight
08 Kanto Wild Pokémon fight
09 Pokémon Center
0A Look! Hiker
0B Look! Lass
0C Look! Officer
0D Heal Pokémon sound
0E Lavender Town
0F Route 2
10 Mount Moon
11 Show Me Around
12 Game Corner
13 Bicycle
14 Hall of Fame
15 Viridian City
16 Celadon City
17 Trainer Victory
18 Wild Pokémon Victory
19 Gym Leader Victory
1A Mount Moon Square
1B Gym
1C Pallet Town
1D Professor Oak’s Pokémon Talk
1E Professor Oak
1F Rival
20 After the Rival Fight
21 Bicycle (again?)
22 Evolution
23 National Park
24 Credits
25 Azalea Town
26 Cherrygrove City
27 Look! Kimono Girl
28 Union Cave
29 Johto Wild Pokémon
2A Johto Trainer Fight
2B Route 30
2C Ecruteak City
2D Violet City
2E Johto Gym Fight
2F Champion Fight
30 Rival Fight
31 Rocket Fight
32 Elm’s Lab
33 Slowpoke Well
34 Route 29
35 Route 36
36 S.S. Aqua
37 Look! Youngster
38 Look! Beauty
39 Look! Rocket
3A Look! Pokémaniac
3B Look! Sage
3C New Bark Town
3D Goldenrod City
3E Vermilion City
3F Pokémon Channel!
40 Poké Flute Channel
41 Tin Tower
42 Sprout Tower
43 Burned Tower
44 Lighthouse
45 Lake of Rage
46 Indigo Plateau
47 Route 37
48 Rocket Hideout
49 Dragon’s Den
4A Johto Wild Pokémon (nighttime)
4B Ruins of Alph radio signal
4C Successful Capture
4D Route 26
4E Mom
4F Victory Road
50 Pokémon Lullaby
51 Pokémon March
52 Gold/Silver Opening
53 Gold/Silver Opening (part 2)
54 New Game or Continue?
55 Ruins of Alph (inside)
56 Rocket theme (overworld)
57 Dancing Hall
58 Counting the Points (Bug‐Catching Contest)
59 Bug‐Catching Contest
5A Lake of Rage, Rocket’s radio signal
5B Printer
5C Post‐credits
5D Clair
5E
5F Mobile Adapter
60 Buena’s Password
61 Look! Mysticalman
62 Crystal Opening
63 Battle Tower theme
64 Wild Pokémon Battle (Raikou/Entei/Suicune)
65 Battle Tower lobby
66 Pokémon Center

#7 2011-11-11 06:23:16

tysonrss
Member
From: US, Ohio
Registered: 2011-08-27
Post 108/649

Re: Pokemon G/S/C Sounds

Thanks for this mate. Should be really handy.


Pokemon Blue DX is reborn!

Offline

#8 2013-05-20 00:03:43

Kuroko Aizawa
Member
Registered: 2011-12-01
Post 300/499

Re: Pokemon G/S/C Sounds

Anyone have the sound effects in MP3 or WAV format?

Offline

#9 2013-05-20 00:11:27

RED
Member
From: Japan
Registered: 2012-09-03
Post 377/521

Re: Pokemon G/S/C Sounds

I have posted it in document section, too sad i removed it.


わたし の なまえ わ レン レン  でづ

Offline

#10 2013-05-20 00:24:14

Kuroko Aizawa
Member
Registered: 2011-12-01
Post 301/499

Re: Pokemon G/S/C Sounds

So that's a no, ok lol.

Offline

#11 2013-05-20 08:47:13

YORAMRW
Member
From: The Netherlands
Registered: 2013-03-29
Post 273/1,199
Website

Re: Pokemon G/S/C Sounds

There is a GBS file of the GSC music, but it would be nice if there will be made a GBS file of the sound effects.


Hacks Gameboy 8-bit music in Pokémon Gen I & II, composes 8-bit music in FamiTracker

Offline

#12 2013-06-16 10:27:37

hacker
Member
From: Batam Grove City
Registered: 2011-07-30
Post 488/548
Website

Re: Pokemon G/S/C Sounds

I've made new song for gym battle, but I don't know how to change it. :(
anyone help me.?


[POKÉMON JOURNEY] hacking planning 2012
Visit my website  www.pokemonhackingblog.blogspot.com

Offline

#13 2013-06-16 10:33:33

RED
Member
From: Japan
Registered: 2012-09-03
Post 414/521

Re: Pokemon G/S/C Sounds

@hacker
be specific.


わたし の なまえ わ レン レン  でづ

Offline

#14 2013-06-16 21:49:03

hacker
Member
From: Batam Grove City
Registered: 2011-07-30
Post 489/548
Website

Re: Pokemon G/S/C Sounds

RED wrote:

@hacker
be specific.

I've make new gym battle song with 4 channels.,
but, I don't know where Johto gym battle song locate?
So I can edit the music,
anyone help..?


[POKÉMON JOURNEY] hacking planning 2012
Visit my website  www.pokemonhackingblog.blogspot.com

Offline

#15 2013-11-11 13:02:24

Pokemon_Master
Member
From: Eastern Kingdom of Mikado
Registered: 2013-05-18
Post 603/951
Website

Re: Pokemon G/S/C Sounds

koolboyman wrote:

Here's my list.

00: Pokédex Fanfare 50–79
01: Item
02: Caught Pokemon
03: Pokéballs placed on table
04: Potion
05: Full Heal
06: Menu
07: Read Text
08: Read Text
09: Pokédex Fanfare 20-49
0A: Pokédex Fanfare 80-109
0B: Poison
0C: Got Safari Balls
0D: Boot up PC
0E: Boot Down PC
0F: Choose PC Option
10: Bide
11: Push button
12: Second part of Itemfinder
13: Warp To
14: Warp From
15: Change Pokédex Mode
16: Jump over ledge
17: Grass rustle
18: Run from battle/Fly
19: Wrong
1A: Squeak
1B: Strength
1C: Boat
1F: Wall open
1E: Place Puzzle piece down
1F: Enter Door
20: Switch Pokemon
21:
22: Buy/Sell
23: Exit Building
24: Bump
25: Saved Game
26: Pokéflute
27: Elevator End
28: Throw Pokéball
29: Smokescreen
2A:
2B: Run away
2C: Slot Machine Start
2D: Fanfare
2E: Beck
2F: Kinesis
30: Lick
31: Pound
32: Move puzzle piece
33: Comet Punch
34: Mega Punch
33: Scratch
36: Vicegrip
37: Razor Wind
38: Cut
39: Wing Attack
3A: Whirlwind
3B: Bind
3C: Vine Whip
3D: Double Kick
3E: Mega Kick
3F: Headbutt
40: Horn Attack
41: Tackle
42: Poison Sting
43: Poisonpowder
44: Doubleslap
45: Bite
46: Jump Kick
47: Stomp
48: Tail Whip
49: Karate Chop
4A: Submission
4B: Water Gun
4C: Swords Dance
4D: Thunder
4E: Supersonic
4F: Leer
50: Ember
51: Bubblebeam
52: Hydro Pump
53: Surf
54: Psybeam
55: Leech Seed
56: Thundershock
57: Psychic
58: Screech
59: Bone Club
5A: Sharpen
5B: Egg Bomb
5C: Sing
5D: Sky Attack
5E: Ice Beam

62: Tap
63: Tap
64: Burn

67: Get coins after winning at Slot Machine
68: Pay Day
69: Metronome
6A: Calling someone
6B: End Call
6C: No Signal
6D: Sandstorm
6E: Elevator
6F: Protect
70: Sketch
71: Rain Dance
72: Aeroblast
73: Spark
74: Curse
75: Rage
76: Thief
77: Thief
78: Spider Web
79: Mind Reader
7A: Nightmare
7B: Snore
7C: Sweet Kiss
7D: Sweet Kiss
7E: Belly Drum
7F:
80: Sludge Bomb
81: Foresight
82: Spite
83: Outrage
84: Perish Song
85: Giga Drain
86: Attract
87: Kinesis
88: Zap Cannon
89: Mean Look
8A: Heal Bell
8B: Return
8C: Exp Bar goes up
8D: Milk Drink
8E: Present
8F: Morning Sun
90: Level Up
91: Got Key Item
92: Fanfare
93: Registered a phone number
94: Bug Catching Contest third place
95: Received egg from Day‐Care Man
96: duplicate of 95?
97: Move deleted by Move Deleter
98: Bug Catching Contest second place
99: Bug Catching Contest first place
9A: Taking guess at card game
9B: Got TM
9C: Received Badge
9D: Quit Slots
9E: Nothing
9F: Pokédex Fanfare < 20
A0: Pokédex Fanfare 140–169
A1: Pokédex Fanfare 170–199
A2: Pokédex Fanfare 200–229
A3: Pokédex Fanfare ≥ 230
A4: Evolved
A5: Master Ball
A6: Egg Cracks
A7: Charizard breathes Fire (Scene 3 Intro)
A8: Pokémon Appears (Scene 3 Intro)
A9: Flash
AA: Gamefreak Logo
AB: Not Very Effective damage
AC: normal damage
AD: Super Effective damage
AE: Poké Ball Bounces
AF: Moonlight
B0: Encore
B1: Beat Up
B2: Baton Pass
B3: Pokémon trying to break out of ball
B4: Sweet Scent
B5: Sweet Scent
B6: Hit end of Exp. Bar
B7: Giving Pokémon Via Trade
B8: Getting Pokémon Via Trade
B9: Train arrived
BA: Stop Slot Machine Column
----
Crystal:
BB: Two boops
BC: Glass Ting
BD: Two Glass Ting
BE: Intro Unown 1
BF: Intro Unown 2
C0: Intro Unown 3
C1: Boop
C2: Game Freak Ditto transform
C3: Intro Suicune 1
C4: Intro Pichu
C5: Intro Suicune 2
C6: Intro Suicune 3
C7: Game Freak Ditto bounce
C8: Intro Suicune 4
C9: Game Freak Presents
CA: Tingle
CB: Sand?
CC: Two Computer Beeps
CD: 4 Note Ditty
CE: Twinkle

At wich Offset are these bytes written?

Offline

#16 2013-11-11 13:08:24

Danny-E 33
Administrator
Registered: 2012-06-09
Post 685/1,119

Re: Pokemon G/S/C Sounds

There probably isn't. Why would there be this list in the rom somewhere? That wouldn't accomplish anything.

Offline

#17 2013-11-11 13:45:23

Pokemon_Master
Member
From: Eastern Kingdom of Mikado
Registered: 2013-05-18
Post 607/951
Website

Re: Pokemon G/S/C Sounds

Danny-E 33 wrote:

There probably isn't. Why would there be this list in the rom somewhere? That wouldn't accomplish anything.

Well,but if i want to change the sounds where should i look ?

Last edited by Pokemon_Master (2013-11-11 13:46:37)

Offline

#18 2013-11-11 15:20:46

Miksy91
Member
Registered: 2010-10-16
Post 1,971/2,339

Re: Pokemon G/S/C Sounds

Those bytes are compatible with "playsound" script command (or while being loaded to register pair de and calling $3E24 like IIMarckus explained).

Pokemon_Master wrote:

Well,but if i want to change the sounds where should i look ?

No one of us magically knows where some data is stored in rom - the problem has to be examined first.
I personally don't have a list of offsets, nor pointers, to playable sounds. But looking at the routine at $3e24 wouldn't hurt.

Last edited by Miksy91 (2013-11-11 15:23:08)

Offline

#19 2013-11-11 16:19:28

Pokemon_Master
Member
From: Eastern Kingdom of Mikado
Registered: 2013-05-18
Post 613/951
Website

Re: Pokemon G/S/C Sounds

Miksy91 wrote:

Those bytes are compatible with "playsound" script command (or while being loaded to register pair de and calling $3E24 like IIMarckus explained).

Pokemon_Master wrote:

Well,but if i want to change the sounds where should i look ?

No one of us magically knows where some data is stored in rom - the problem has to be examined first.
I personally don't have a list of offsets, nor pointers, to playable sounds. But looking at the routine at $3e24 wouldn't hurt.

Do you know any sound prngram for GSC,and what are excatly pointers?

Offline

#20 2013-11-11 17:10:23

YORAMRW
Member
From: The Netherlands
Registered: 2013-03-29
Post 920/1,199
Website

Re: Pokemon G/S/C Sounds

Search for DA 00 70 in a Hex Editor, because DA 00 tells the tempo of a song, and 70 stands for 180 BPM, which may be the GYM Battle tempo. Just begin to bring small modifications to the songs like Duty editing, and put the offsets in a list, until you hear your modifications in the GYM Battle music. Then note that offset, which is the offset of the GYM Battle theme.

Last edited by YORAMRW (2013-11-11 17:13:31)


Hacks Gameboy 8-bit music in Pokémon Gen I & II, composes 8-bit music in FamiTracker

Offline

#21 2013-11-11 18:08:37

Pokemon_Master
Member
From: Eastern Kingdom of Mikado
Registered: 2013-05-18
Post 615/951
Website

Re: Pokemon G/S/C Sounds

TheMoneyOfTheWorld wrote:

Search for DA 00 70 in a Hex Editor, because DA 00 tells the tempo of a song, and 70 stands for 180 BPM, which may be the GYM Battle tempo. Just begin to bring small modifications to the songs like Duty editing, and put the offsets in a list, until you hear your modifications in the GYM Battle music. Then note that offset, which is the offset of the GYM Battle theme.

Do you how to import music from another game? I wanted to replace the song of the team rocket battle with the music of the Team magma battle of R/S/E.

Offline

#22 2013-11-11 18:53:22

comet
Member
Registered: 2012-04-09
Post 311/679

Re: Pokemon G/S/C Sounds

Offline

#23 2013-11-11 19:26:57

Pokemon_Master
Member
From: Eastern Kingdom of Mikado
Registered: 2013-05-18
Post 622/951
Website

Re: Pokemon G/S/C Sounds

Thank for that comet. Bu in wich programe should i use these? In a Hex Editor or music editor.

Offline

#24 2013-11-11 19:29:51

comet
Member
Registered: 2012-04-09
Post 312/679

Re: Pokemon G/S/C Sounds

text editor

Offline

#25 2016-03-19 21:49:18

Pum
Member
From: Spain
Registered: 2015-10-23
Post 30/80

Re: Pokemon G/S/C Sounds

IIMarckus wrote:

On a similar note, here is a list of songs.

Music

13 Bicycle
14 Hall of Fame
15 Viridian City
16 Celadon City
17 Trainer Victory
18 Wild Pokémon Victory
19 Gym Leader Victory
1A Mount Moon Square
1B Gym
1C Pallet Town
1D Professor Oak’s Pokémon Talk
1E Professor Oak
1F Rival
20 After the Rival Fight
21 Bicycle (again?)

5D Clair


Sorry for necroing but wanted to correct a mistake on this list (for pokemon Gold). 21 isnt a duplicate of Bicycle, it's actually the surfing theme. And 5D doesnt exist. Last song is post-credits

Last edited by Pum (2016-03-19 22:12:25)

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB