Skeetendo

’Cause all games were better on the GBC

You are not logged in.

#1 2011-01-10 16:38:51

EvilOttoJr
Member
Registered: 2010-12-05
Post 70/86

Interesting Gold ideas I have

I thought of a few things that would be cool to have in-game and wonder if they're possible. The problem is I think they might go a bit beyond ASM.

1. A way to relearn level-up moves that your Pokemon is past the level for, like in later games. The optimum way to do this would be to have an in-game dialogue that allows you to choose which move you want. I thought of another way which could work well, though, and though a bit less convenient, would be easier to make.

While testing my ROM, I use Gameshark cheats to by-pass barriers and give myself strong Pokemon for beating in-game battles. One of these Pokemon I had was a level 255 Mewtwo. What I found out was that any experience you get at level 255 will reset you to level 0 and with your current insane experience raise you level 100. During this time, you'll relearn every level up move like normal since you hit each level. What I'm thinking is a Rare Candy-like item that raise your level by 255, bringing you back to your current level, but you get the "PKMN is about to learn MOVE" dialogue for each learnable move. I might try this and see if it works.

2. A way to give one of your Pokemon the Pokerus. This is really useful since it doubles your stat experience.
What determines whenther or not a Pokemon has Pokerus and what are the odds of it happening?

3. A way to see how much stat experience your Pokemon have and different (preferably faster) ways to earn it.

Offline

#2 2011-01-10 18:57:28

126/701

Re: Interesting Gold ideas I have

EvilOttoJr wrote:

1. A way to relearn level-up moves that your Pokemon is past the level for, like in later games. The optimum way to do this would be to have an in-game dialogue that allows you to choose which move you want.

Doable with ASM.

EvilOttoJr wrote:

While testing my ROM, I use Gameshark cheats to by-pass barriers and give myself strong Pokemon for beating in-game battles. One of these Pokemon I had was a level 255 Mewtwo. What I found out was that any experience you get at level 255 will reset you to level 0 and with your current insane experience raise you level 100. During this time, you'll relearn every level up move like normal since you hit each level. What I'm thinking is a Rare Candy-like item that raise your level by 255, bringing you back to your current level, but you get the "PKMN is about to learn MOVE" dialogue for each learnable move. I might try this and see if it works.

Won’t this take forever?

EvilOttoJr wrote:

2. A way to give one of your Pokemon the Pokerus. This is really useful since it doubles your stat experience.
What determines whenther or not a Pokemon has Pokerus and what are the odds of it happening?

Bulbapedia says 3⁄65536. When a wild Pokémon has Pokérus, it will spread it to the Pokémon you send out to fight against it. There is a byte for each team member in RAM that determines Pokérus status, but I don’t know exactly how it works.

EvilOttoJr wrote:

3. A way to see how much stat experience your Pokemon have and different (preferably faster) ways to earn it.

Easiest of the things you mentioned. Doable with ASM. (E.g., change the stats screen to read the stat experience bytes as well as the stat bytes.)

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB