Skeetendo

’Cause all games were better on the GBC

You are not logged in.

#1076 2017-04-04 14:33:05

Miksy91
Post 2,307/2,339

Re: Pokémon Dark Energy

Pokemon_Master wrote:

Nice (y) but uploading videod would not be a good idea. Especially on youtube. Remember pokeprism. Lol
Also i think you should add fairy type and the physical/special split

Btw i have started to programm too. This summer might make a rom hack as well. Maybe a pokemon emerald "de-make"

It probably won't be a big deal though :)

I'll think about those. I'm personally not so interested in adding them as the way they work are somewhat unknown to me (as an example, which moves should be Physical and which not). A similar thing goes for Fairy type; no idea what kind of type effectiveness chart it has except for the fact that it's good against Dragon types I think.

Okay, cool :) I hadn't studied programming before starting to rom hack myself but it would have helped out quite a lot in the early 2010s.

#1077 2017-04-08 17:36:08

Pokemon_Master
Post 945/951
Website

Hello :3
Would it be nice to add a very special type of berry that is so rare to find or that you can only buy it from a man in a forgotten cave or other place like that. The berry should revive a fainted pokemon and if you give it to a pokemon it should prevent fainting once.
It should be called Mystical Berry.

What do you think of this?

#1078 2017-12-03 11:46:55

Pokemon_Master
Post 948/951
Website

Hello it has been a while..
I have beem playing shin megami temsei for the past couple months ane i had an idea. What about having diffrent emdings in this game and if all the pokemon die in a battle. It would be nice to have an option to revive them for a little pokemoney.
The law and chaos alignment would be nice too. To chose whether you would stop the bad guys or side with them

#1079 2018-01-09 20:59:55

Miksy91
Post 2,318/2,339

Pokemon_Master wrote:

Hello it has been a while..
I have beem playing shin megami temsei for the past couple months ane i had an idea. What about having diffrent emdings in this game and if all the pokemon die in a battle. It would be nice to have an option to revive them for a little pokemoney.
The law and chaos alignment would be nice too. To chose whether you would stop the bad guys or side with them

Hi,
I have planned out, how the hack is going to end already, and different endings don't really fit into the story I'm afraid.

Anyways, just mentioning that I have gotten back into business. I haven't done much during the past year though, but got a lot of stuff done during Sunday and this evening. Practically during these two days, I finished one sea route after Harbor Town (next town accessable after Granaldo City where beta 4.1 ends), and the mapping and connections implemented, and events planned out for the next one are implemented as well, so I'd consider it half-complete at the least.

Won't be able to make this fast progress in the following months (area or two in a few days or a week), but trying to keep up a steady phase from now on either way :)

Last edited by Miksy91 (2018-01-09 21:01:01)

#1080 2018-01-09 22:31:56

Retro King
Post 8/15

When is the release date for this hack (Beta 5)?

#1081 2018-04-24 18:39:19

Miksy91
Post 2,326/2,339

Retro King wrote:

No idea about the release date yet to tell you the truth. But I've been making great progress this year.

#1082 2018-06-03 14:36:03

Pokemon_Master
Post 949/951
Website

Miksy91 wrote:
Retro King wrote:

No idea about the release date yet to tell you the truth. But I've been making great progress this year.

Can you show us some screenshots please. Just to get us hyped.

#1083 2018-06-04 18:42:44

Miksy91
Post 2,328/2,339

Pokemon_Master wrote:

You can check my Youtube channel for some new content :)
I'll try to also upload a new video soon.

Last edited by Miksy91 (2018-06-04 18:43:01)

#1084 2018-06-04 19:54:41

Pokemon_Master
Post 951/951
Website

Miksy91 wrote:
Pokemon_Master wrote:

I can't wait :)

Miksy have you ever heard of the shin megami tensei series
They are rpgs that share some gameplay elements with pokemon

#1085 2018-06-06 00:22:34

Retro King
Post 10/15

Miksy, I really, really hope you can join Discord and have your own Dark Energy channel. I know you said you'd think about it, but I really hope you can sometime because I would really love to talk to you in real time, so I can get help from you of making my own Pokémon ROM hack. I don't really want to get involved with pret or pokecrystal because I've tried it before and it's too intense for me to understand and get anywhere. I have a feeling you have your own way of making your ROM hacks and I bet it's a little easier than working with the pokecrystal disasms as well. Let me know when you decide if you want to be on Discord so we can both discuss about my ROM hack idea for Pokémon Silver. I'm sure I can learn a lot from you and I bet I can make a whole lot of progress than I did with pokecrystal. Pokecrystal sucks in my opinion. Anyways, hope to catch up with you soon. Cheers!

#1086 2018-06-08 17:59:27

Miksy91
Post 2,330/2,339

Pokemon_Master wrote:
Miksy91 wrote:
Pokemon_Master wrote:

I can't wait :)

Miksy have you ever heard of the shin megami tensei series
They are rpgs that share some gameplay elements with pokemon

Haven't heard of those I'm afraid :)

Retro King wrote:

Miksy, I really, really hope you can join Discord and have your own Dark Energy channel. I know you said you'd think about it, but I really hope you can sometime because I would really love to talk to you in real time, so I can get help from you of making my own Pokémon ROM hack. I don't really want to get involved with pret or pokecrystal because I've tried it before and it's too intense for me to understand and get anywhere. I have a feeling you have your own way of making your ROM hacks and I bet it's a little easier than working with the pokecrystal disasms as well. Let me know when you decide if you want to be on Discord so we can both discuss about my ROM hack idea for Pokémon Silver. I'm sure I can learn a lot from you and I bet I can make a whole lot of progress than I did with pokecrystal. Pokecrystal sucks in my opinion. Anyways, hope to catch up with you soon. Cheers!

I wouldn't say my way of making rom hacks is any easier than using pokecrystal. In fact, writing totally new functionalities (like receiving BP in Battle Room battles, and implementing Repel system) was more difficult than it would have been using pokecrystal. And there are quite a lot of things I might do if I was editing pokecrystal rather than pokemon silver rom file. But now I'll most likely skip doing everything that's not really required for the hack to become complete. These would include for example changes to the battle menu, and pokemon' stats are displayed and such.

Nevertheless, you can always stick with rom hacking the old fashioned way if you like. But getting used to pokecrystal wouldn't be a bad option either.

What comes to Discord though, I did join there now that you asked about it again. Put up "Pokemon Dark Energy" server, and here's an non-expiring link to it:
https://discord.gg/rcSNRRr

Last edited by Miksy91 (2018-06-08 18:02:06)

Board footer