Skeetendo

’Cause all games were better on the GBC

You are not logged in.

#26 2012-07-24 06:40:52

spriter
Post 19/40

Re: Introduction Thread - AKA "What kind of person are you ?"

You guys are like my little brothers other than Mat.

I'm 20 years of age, been addicted to Pokemon since the game and anime is introduced here in the Philippines. I've been making drawings and sketches since and after I finally meet our "ancestors" actually one of them, Ken' lol. first I was stastruck to him but after realizing his a bit old for him to be my Idol. Anyway back to days, "Miksy91" also known as Pokemaniac in some site, I finally played a hacked game(the one that starts azalea town) and that the starts finding ways to improve my self and make some sprites.

I love making sprites and editing on TLP. I studied many things including nokia hacking and pc hacking too. On the other hand I studied SMAW on our province and studied almost 11 skilled works, including Barista, Food and Beverage and InfoTech. Yeah, I know what you think I have lots of time making things. I've been a call center agent and a Service crew in MCDonalds Phil. I'm a Col. in rank in "SF" Soldier Front in US and Special force in the Phil. But now I'm getting time studying ASM coz I sucks on it.

Ken Sugimori (杉森建 Sugimori Ken)

#27 2012-07-24 08:04:00

Sanqui
Administrator
Post 10/32
Website

Hi.  I'm Sanky.
I'm 17 years of age and I come from the Czech Republic, which is somewhere midst Europe.

I'm your average Pokémon hacker.  I've never actually done a real hack (unless you count these when I was ten), but I'm fairly experienced with GBZ80.  A few months ago I've made a Pokémon Red VWF, which I'm currently porting to Crystal.  I've also done work on the disassemblies.  A lot of my recent-ish work is on my Github.
Beyond Pokémon, I administer Wikifang, a wiki about Telefang, and have done a bunch of work on the translation patch.
I'm also an admin at TCRF, the wiki for unused content in videogames, but I favor doing backend work, like keeping spambots at bay.
I program in Python, although I haven't done much major work to show for it, yet...
I'd love to draw, write or compose.  Unfortunately, I'm bad at drawing because I lack practice, I'm bad at writing because I don't read much, and I've never really begun composing.  Maybe one day.
I can speak English, mluvím česky, hablo español un poco, ちょっと日本語で話します。  mi toki lili e toki pona.

Didn't figure I'd actually post in this thread, heh.

Last edited by Sanqui (2012-07-24 08:23:40)

#28 2012-07-24 14:04:07

Gallego13
Post 45/94

Mmm... this thread looks very interesting :P

I'm a 17 year-old boy from Madrid, Spain.
I like sports, mostly football and basket (follower of FC Barcelona and L.A. Lakers), music, mainly Rock and Metal (I read in this thread that Miksy was Finnish; one of my favorite bands is from there :P), reading books, TV, going out with friends and videogames. I'm gamer since I was five, and my “addiction” for videogames is still increasing :3
About universitary studies, I have to finish the last year of school, but I want to study Biochemical Engineering when I finish school, although it requires very high marks.

Finally, about Rom Hacking, I heard of this about two years and a half ago and I started to make crappy little hacks of Pokémon Ruby and Fire Red, but never posted them on any forum. One year later I registered at Whack a Hack and learned the basics of gba hacking and spriting, but then I became aware of the fact that there were tons of good gba hacks and that I wanted to do something different. So I started gbc hacking about a year ago and began making Pokémon Ulterra Wars, which has been my only and main focus in Rom Hacking since I started.
I eventually won the “Best Hack of the Year with GBC, DS or Emerald base” award at Whack a Hack, in part because there are not many hackers who try to hack this roms in this forum. Now I'm moderator of the Graphics section there. A little before I had won that award , I arrived here (not sure of when) after watching Miksy's youtube tutorials and I began to learn a great amount of things I didn't know and becoming better and better thanks to all of you.
So thanks for reading and sorry for making this so long XD

Last edited by Gallego13 (2012-07-24 14:05:24)

#29 2012-07-24 19:34:02

Miksy91
Post 1,002/2,339

I don't think he meant to say that but yet, I'm not aiming to talk myself being a "chicken" (and I don't think I can even call myself that shy anymore either).
There are those who think I'm a female though.

spriter wrote:

"Miksy91" also known as Pokemaniac in some site.

Pokemaniac is a whole different person than me. He claims to be the creator of dark future and many people actually believed it until today as he still hasn't uploaded beta 3 in his channel. I just happened to know that guy existed and then as a joke, said that you may have mistaken me to him.

Last edited by Miksy91 (2012-07-24 19:34:55)

#30 2012-07-25 05:21:41

spriter
Post 22/40

Miksy91 wrote:

I don't think he meant to say that but yet, I'm not aiming to talk myself being a "chicken" (and I don't think I can even call myself that shy anymore either).
There are those who think I'm a female though.

spriter wrote:

"Miksy91" also known as Pokemaniac in some site.

Pokemaniac is a whole different person than me. He claims to be the creator of dark future and many people actually believed it until today as he still hasn't uploaded beta 3 in his channel. I just happened to know that guy existed and then as a joke, said that you may have mistaken me to him.

ohh, now I get it..sorry for being so ignorant of your real persona, hahaha but either way thanks for your hack though it give me a big idea on making more sprite possible..

Ken Sugimori (杉森建 Sugimori Ken)

#31 2012-07-27 04:46:22

Mewthree123
Post 42/101

miksy91 wrote:

The strange thing is that I'm still shy with girls who I reallylike which is something most my my newer friends from universitywouldn't be able to tell.

No, i meant i like miksy91: shy with a girl. Read that closely.

I guess you does not welcome a vietnamese in this forum. Oh well, it's ok, that is life, it soooooo unfair

enven miksy91 say that but i still feel unfair myself

Last edited by Mewthree123 (2012-07-27 05:47:05)

Mewthree123: worst pocket monster in the world.
Có ai người Việt Nam không

#32 2012-07-27 05:02:13

Mewthree123
Post 44/101

spriter wrote:

You guys are like my little brothers other than Mat.

I'm 20 years of age, been addicted to Pokemon since the game and anime is introduced here in the Philippines. I've been making drawings and sketches since and after I finally meet our "ancestors" actually one of them, Ken' lol. first I was stastruck to him but after realizing his a bit old for him to be my Idol. Anyway back to days, "Miksy91" also known as Pokemaniac in some site, I finally played a hacked game(the one that starts azalea town) and that the starts finding ways to improve my self and make some sprites.

I love making sprites and editing on TLP. I studied many things including nokia hacking and pc hacking too. On the other hand I studied SMAW on our province and studied almost 11 skilled works, including Barista, Food and Beverage and InfoTech. Yeah, I know what you think I have lots of time making things. I've been a call center agent and a Service crew in MCDonalds Phil. I'm a Col. in rank in "SF" Soldier Front in US and Special force in the Phil. But now I'm getting time studying ASM coz I sucks on it.

So you came from philippines. It's a beautyful place, am i right?

#33 2012-07-27 05:25:49

Miksy91
Post 1,005/2,339

There is nothing wrong about being vietnamese but I don't like to see is making several useless posts like you've just done here. Edit -button is there for a reason you know :P

#34 2012-07-27 05:34:42

Mewthree123
Post 49/101

Miksy91 wrote:

There is nothing wrong about being vietnamese but I don't like to see is making several useless posts like you've just done here. Edit -button is there for a reason you know :P

sorry bros i'll try to delete some. Sorry again :D

#35 2012-08-03 19:39:19

PixelEye
Post 5/162
Website

Hi mates! I'm 20yrs old. That's all I can say, currently working as a Callcenter agent here in the Philippines.

There are many things that I've done so far and now I want to make more things in my life to be litle complicated, cause my lovelife was wonderful enough for me, more than enough actually. I love to draw, write somethings doing on a pen. Now I'm so envy on those guys out there like Miksy and KBM that has lot of things and stuffs in they're head about the game. I think those two including Mateo and other guys out there that contributed in this "hacking" stuffs. Oh, Tauwaser too, is one of my favorites when it comes to tutorial and things that may help aspirant hackers. (this looks more a tribute other than talking bout my self.lol) I'm just telling this cause they made me inspired and confuse a lot.lol but thats just another thing and Asm i think is hard to understand. Anyway, I'm having a good time watching/reading tutorials and making some custom battle sprite for my Pokemon Crystal hack, but inserting it is hard. So this is the things I've been doing. I have been downloading things in my phone lately cause I love gaming, for an instance Gameloft,EA games. I have tons of it in my phone, and I'm playing SAR and DARK FUTURE 3.1 this passed days, and editing some tilesets too, inserting it i have no idea.

Thanks to this forum/community I'm learning a lot of things.

Cheers.

Last edited by PixelEye (2012-08-03 19:47:03)

LIKE US on Facebook!
---
Berries Inc.,Corp. Graphical Resource
---
I'M BACK, BUT MY WORKS BEEN ACCIDENTALLY DELETED ON MY PHONE(INCLUDING MY HACK THAT I'M DOING AND GEN 5 SPRITES AND TILESETS). SO THE SOLUTION WILL BE REVISING MY WORKS FROM 0 TO 456.

CHEERS.

#36 2012-08-05 13:10:21

Esan khan
Post 2/4

I'm 16 year old boy.this is my second  forum.i register here löng ago but never active on it due to college works.finally i havd some time so i'm here.i'm trying to learn hex editing and asm.please mail me how to do this from starting(nothing know abou this) and i have no time for watching videos(some of due to  network speed).please help me.

Try to learn hex editing ASM and other major things of hacking.

#37 2012-08-05 22:46:41

TheYena
Post 3/125
Website

What kind of person am I?

Hard to say really. People have said I'm mysterious, others think I'm a jerk, but to be honest I'm just an 18 year old British guy who knows less about himself than his family does.

Also I like the dog Pokémon from every generation so far, but especially Mightyena and Houndoom.

You know the glitches that exist in the Pokémon games?
Only the ones named "MISSINGNO." are Missingno.
The others are not. They are their own glitches with their own names.
Sorry, it's a... thing that bugs me a little.

#38 2012-08-08 11:25:54

cn_kevin
Post 1/1

Hello everyone, I'm CN_Kevin from Beijing, China. I'm a college student major in software engineering for the third year (after the following September). It was when I was searching the Internet for Rom editor tools that I found this website. I was quite amazing to find so many Pokemon lovers all over the world.

I have been a Pokemon fan since the year 1996 when green version and red version came out. Though I didn't understand Japanese at that time, I still enjoy it a lot. My favorite versions are GSC, because they have 2 maps and 251 Pokemon. So, when people are playing BW2 around me, I still love playing GSC sometimes. However, what I prefer is to edit the Rom as I like, such as changing the Gym Leader’s Pokemon as TV shows, increasing the power of moves, or refreshing the data of Pokemon to make their abilities the same as their evolution in BW. In China, there are less people still wanna play old versions, so nothing can be found to edit RBY or GSC Rom. I often use UE to edit Roms, but it is extremely inconvenient because I have to compare the code with a standard table. Thanks to this website, I can download tools others share which makes it more convenient for me to edit Roms.

I appreciate ericjoy30 a lot for his kindness, because the web links are not available in China, and he sends me an e-mail containing what I need.

At last, I’m very glad to meet everyone here, and I wish we could be friends.
(Since my English is not very well, I wish others could understand what I say~)

Last edited by cn_kevin (2012-08-08 11:28:22)

#39 2012-08-09 00:44:05

TheYena
Post 4/125
Website

cn_kevin wrote:

(Since my English is not very well, I wish others could understand what I say~)

Don't worry, I understand you just fine.

Also, some more about me.

December the 6th is when I turn 19, my non-Pokémon interests include Vocaloid (and the freeware UTAU which works like Vocaloid), computers, the culture and language of Japan (going to learn Japanese at some point), science-fiction shows/films/books, the Harry Potter series (I have all books and all movies) and finally cartoons.

Wow that's a long list.

You know the glitches that exist in the Pokémon games?
Only the ones named "MISSINGNO." are Missingno.
The others are not. They are their own glitches with their own names.
Sorry, it's a... thing that bugs me a little.

#40 2012-08-13 22:51:33

Mr. Magius
Post 14/45

Well I just re-found this forum and didn't know what to post in, so I'm going with this :}
I'm a kid from Montréal, Québec (Canada :P) but currently living in Ontario. I'm half Filipino, a quarter Scottish, and a quarter French.

My hobbies are playing guitar, singing, music theory in general, audio production, ancient history, pixel art, ROM hacking, video game development, playing video games... and things like that.
In the future, I hope to get discovered by a record company with my heavy metal band, Granite. I want to tour the world, and hear fans screaming for us, in all kinds of languages, and release a bunch of kewl albums. I also want to become a private guitar teacher as a break.
Before all that, I'm gonna get degrees to teach music and ancient history in high schools.

I initially started spriting in the Pokémon Crater forums (oh geez...) with cute little spriting request shops, but when those shut down, I moved to the PokéCommunity and discovered ROM hacking.
I've been known as Esmas and Lady Berlitz and have had a few known hacks, but since I created this account, people don't know that ;)

I took a break from hacking and everything, but I'm hoping to get back into it, since I just bought this AMAZING new laptop :D I'm a really nice, patient guy, and I believe I'm extremely trustful. So... Hi! xD

Last edited by Mr. Magius (2012-08-13 22:53:07)

baah

#41 2012-08-18 06:22:05

Danny-E 33
Administrator
Post 78/1,119

Well I guess I'll take my turn :)

I'm 17. I'm just starting my senior year in high school. I'm currently taking 5 Advanced placement classes. AP English IV, AP US History, AP Statistics, AP Calculus, and AP Physics II.

And I'm in our school's top Wind Ensemble. I play clarinet :) Although, I play tenor saxophone in the marching band.

I'm on the math team (of course :P ) I have a Texas Instruments voyage 200 and I'm always goofing off with programs that I write in my free time.

My biggest hobbie is collecting Rubik's Cubes! I have around 35 different kinds of twisty puzzles and I can solve all but one of them! (Darn 8-axis face-turning Octahedron! D:< haha)
My best time on a 3x3 Rubik's Cube is 30.05 seconds! Unfortunately, I have never beat 30 seconds... :( My new best time is 25.06 :)

I'm in drama club (I played Anthony Hope in the play Sweeney Todd!! :D )

I want to go to college to major in computer science and minor in physics.

And, needless to say, I want to become a video game programmer! :D

That just about sums me up! :)

EDIT: Here's a bit more I could add on.
I have ADD, OCD, dyslexia, insomnia, asthma, and I'm allergic to everything on the face of the earth :P

Last edited by Danny-E 33 (2013-06-08 12:16:48)

#42 2012-08-19 23:18:20

HanzoGSC
Post 13/17

hmmmm..... lets see, The name's Adam, 17, almost 18. I wa born and raised in the good ol USA. I do okay in school, gonna graduate high school next year. I love hangin out going to the arcade, despise going to the gym(though I still do it) and am an avid weed smoker lol. XD

#43 2012-08-22 21:58:22

wuzzupdude5
Post 12/36
Website

My name is Mark and I am from the USA, but I've been to and lived in a few other countries as well.
I'm currently 20 about to be 21, and I'm in college studying Chinese as my major. I got into hacking after accidentally stumbling upon a hacked rom, and I thought "huh, now wouldn't it be cool if I made one of those myself," and so I started looking into hacking afterwards. I started off a little skeptical, and thinking it might not be something I could do, but after a little motivation from some of the members on this forum, I have come to enjoy hacking and have learned a lot about it (although my hacking skills are still pretty low XD).

I'm the type of person who if I really wish to pursue something, I will do it and will do it fully. In everything I do I go to the best of my ability and I hope that one day it will get me somewhere.

My ultimate goal in life is to be a teacher, in fact, upon college graduation I will likely move to China for a few years and teach English there. I enjoy learning and teaching new things, and to me knowledge is one of the most important things in life, so I strive for it, and strive to pass my knowledge on to others so they can thrive and hopefully pass it on to the next person.  I'm not really sure what else to say about myself, I've never been good at self introductions so... I guess that's all!! :D

“放慢生活的脚步,你会活得更加快乐。”
"Slow down the pace of life and you will live with even more happiness."

#44 2012-08-23 21:29:08

ZeldaFan99
Post 10/10

I'm a female person that's really addicted to computers, and I know so much about them that I use Virtualbox to run old Windows.

DSi Username: Simpsons09
Hatena ID: hardman123
ROBLOX: TheRobloxGirl999
Minecraft: ocarinafan99

#45 2012-09-06 17:11:46

haelcher
Post 3/4

I am a 19 year-old male who attends college in California majoring in Bioengineering.  Which would mean I hope to become a bioengineer.  I know, shocker right?

Outside of ROM hacking, other hobbies include playing piano, water polo (hardest sport ever, by the way), logic puzzles, solving Rubiks cubes, and watching Survivor.  Considering my major leads to a hectic schedule, and I can see myself pursuing any one of these hobbies, my main goal with this forum is to not overwork myself, but at the same time not give up completely on my side projects.

Some strange quirks about me: I have a strange attraction to Microsoft Excel (the ideas for the hack I am attempting to do are stored in an Excel file), and I like using parentheses in posts, sometimes excessively (though no one has commented on them yet).  I am a shy, quiet person by nature, generally only speaking to ask/answer questions, although I will occasionally share stories if I feel everyone else is.  I consistently worry about my writing quality, specifically about rambling off-topic or sounding unprofessional/noobish.

#46 2012-09-11 12:08:14

FroggestSpirit
Post 17/300
Website

Hey! I'm FroggestSpirit, or Frogg for short i guess. I'm 20, living in Michigan, and just kind of starting life I guess. I have a girlfriend I'm proud to have for nearly a year now, and I'm majoring in videogame/software design, and possibly a minor in music. Pretty much almost everything I know, was self taught, and from the internet (thank goodness I catch on quick). I've learned ASM for the GameBoy, and am testing it out by writing an emulator for the DS. I've also been using C++ lately, but I'm probably most fluent in GML (Game Maker). I'm a huge fan of Pokemon, I'm excited for the releases of BW2 in less than a month, but the sad thing is, one of my favorite parts of the games, are it's soundtracks. I remixed a lot of the battle themes on my youtube, and I always eagerly await for a japanese rom to rip the music from lol. I thought this forum is really nice, and the members here seem friendly and helpful (I tried joining sonic retro, and... that's sort of another story XD) I'm not one to start any fights, or steal credit. Some of you may heard that I was making Pokemon Red in color, and yes, koolboyman was the one that had the original idea, but I started mine from scratch, and if it wern't for him, I probably wouldn't have gotten into that idea (or even learned ASM!), so thanks to him! I listen to a lot of music from lapfoxtrax, and various game soundtracks. My favorite genres are most definately oldschool platformers (both 2D and 3D), and that's the type of game developer I want to be. I've been a Nintendo fan for years, and even though I'm not too hyped about their latest consoles, I love their handhelds. Sorry for the life story, but it's nice to be on this forum! :)

This isn't easy to say, but…
Music and ASM hacker

#47 2012-09-12 13:34:38

y0r124
Post 2/331
Website

I'm 15 years old currently study In Junior High School, oh I forgot, I'm from Indonesian :D

my FB

Lurking somewhere here...

#48 2012-09-12 19:58:20

theoblivinator
Post 26/98

Guess I should do this too.

My name is Joshua. I'm a 21 male from Iowa, United States. I just earned my AAS in Electronic Systems Technology. I love science and technology. Right now I work as a PLC programmer and HMI Designer for a local meat processing plant. So yeah, I pretty good with Ladder Logic, Function Block Diagrams, and Structured Text. I also know a bit of VBA, not much though.

Outside of the whole programming deal I love Pokemon. I'm also a hardcore Yu-Gi-Oh duelist and travel a lot for regional tournaments, YCS's, and World Championship Qualifiers. I also play the saxophone and love listening to big band jazz and classic rock.

I do play a lot of XBox too, mostly Halo and Battlefield right now. I love watching movies too! My favorites are action/suspense/thrillers with Inception being my favorite movie right now. I'm also into horror a lot too.

If you have any questions about anything just hit me up and I'll answer them.

#49 2012-10-10 16:24:14

hacker
Post 285/548
Website

Hmm., I think I'am the last man who introducing.. :P
My name is Putra, I live in Indonesia, currently in Batam Island the smallest island in Indonesia (Maybe you can't find Batam Island in map) :D
I'am 17 years old and I'am school at senior high school, I like to learn English languange because I want to go outcountry and I like to study  Program Scientist because I want to be a Programmer (or Hacker? :D)
Yeaah., my hobbies are : Hacking program, game, etc.(Include Pokemon Gold/Silver),Making Computer virus, learn more about virus and solution to remove it, then Swimming, play basketball, play dodgeball, jogging, (and I don't like playing football), playing Pokemon hack, playing Playstation game called "Twisted Metal" the car destruction,shoot,drive,killing someone..
Because I'am Twisted Metal fans from TM 1,2,3,4,Small Brawl,Black,Head-on, and newest version in PS 3.
But, I like to learn about hacking Pokemon too much..
From study Visual Basic the logical function and now I've learn into deeper knowledge of Hacking..
I'am not rich and not poor, and I'am living alone without my parent and I can find a job to get money and fulfil my live..
"I'am promise to hack Pokemon GBC forever, even a lot of new generation Pokemon game rise up"

Last edited by hacker (2012-10-10 16:30:38)

[POKÉMON JOURNEY] hacking planning 2012
Visit my website  www.pokemonhackingblog.blogspot.com

#50 2012-10-10 16:34:52

Mewthree123
Post 71/101

Cool, can i know one of those solution

Board footer