Skeetendo

’Cause all games were better on the GBC

You are not logged in.

#51 2012-08-07 16:23:16

IdiotsOpposite
Post 2/3

Re: Touhoumon: Ordinary Version (I'm done with this...read my last post)

Touhoudex 0.5 included with hack. Includes evolution level and type (accurate), naturally learned attacks (accurate), and Tohomon types (may be inaccurate).

Touhoudex 0.85 in progress, adds in base stats, held items, and TM compatibility. Growth rates and capture rates may also be included.

Last edited by IdiotsOpposite (2012-08-07 17:50:40)

Currently Working On: OV Touhoudex (Locations, Egg Moves)

#52 2012-08-07 16:23:40

Kaede-chan
Post 8/13

OMG!!! Thank you so much for releasing the demo!

For anybody confused by the .ips file, you can use the following program to patch the rom.

http://www.zophar.net/utilities/patchutil/ips-win.html

Though, in this community, that lack of knowledge shouldn't be a problem.

#53 2012-08-10 11:21:20

GeminiRage
Post 39/93

As a reminder, I'm constantly updating the .IPS each day with minor fixes as they are reported to me.

I'll probably be in this phase of constant hotfixing for a few days until the testers have done everything, at which point I'll look into fixing the more complex issues, and eventually work on completing the rest of the hack.

Author of Touhoumon: Ordinary Version

#54 2012-08-10 22:07:11

Peyelle
Post 1/7

Just wanted to say i just downloaded and started playing this-- and i'm very  much enjoying it. :3

#55 2012-08-11 13:39:51

GeminiRage
Post 40/93

It has recently come to my attention that one of the NPCs in Cianwood City is broken.

According to Ichor, a girl in the corner of one of the houses froze his game upon interacting with her.  While she never had any real importance in regards to anything (no items or anything like that), I intend to look into this and have the fix prepared (among other small things) later today.  Just a fair warning.

#56 2012-08-11 15:51:02

PixelEye
Post 34/162
Website

Men,like the idea of this, i'll try fix yous sprites if u want to. I'm on vacation so i think i can lend u a hand. I'll post after i finnish it. Same pallete will be used, and another thing how bout shiny??

Cheers.

LIKE US on Facebook!
---
Berries Inc.,Corp. Graphical Resource
---
I'M BACK, BUT MY WORKS BEEN ACCIDENTALLY DELETED ON MY PHONE(INCLUDING MY HACK THAT I'M DOING AND GEN 5 SPRITES AND TILESETS). SO THE SOLUTION WILL BE REVISING MY WORKS FROM 0 TO 456.

CHEERS.

#57 2012-08-11 20:51:41

GeminiRage
Post 41/93

Thanks for the offer.  I'm mainly looking to have the sprites look less flat in regards to the hair and shading on the outfits.

As for shinies, I haven't really gotten around to it (with the exception of Iku).  Editing all of them without some palette tool just seemed really cumbersome.  The palettes I intend to use will be different from what 3rd gen hacks had, primarily for the sake of consistency.  To give you an idea, in one hack I played, a shiny CSakuya wore green, a shiny Sakuya wore gold, and a shiny ESakuya wore red.

Last edited by GeminiRage (2012-08-11 20:52:22)

#58 2012-08-11 21:04:36

PixelEye
Post 37/162
Website

Ahm, i need a favor' can you pack the original sprites? In individual frames? Its hard to sprite when the frame is too much. Thanks. Making progress.

Cheers.

LIKE US on Facebook!
---
Berries Inc.,Corp. Graphical Resource
---
I'M BACK, BUT MY WORKS BEEN ACCIDENTALLY DELETED ON MY PHONE(INCLUDING MY HACK THAT I'M DOING AND GEN 5 SPRITES AND TILESETS). SO THE SOLUTION WILL BE REVISING MY WORKS FROM 0 TO 456.

CHEERS.

#59 2012-08-20 05:01:46

GeminiRage
Post 42/93

Yet another update to the ROM patch.  It's mostly small fixes, which primarily include:

-Lyrica should now be Ghost-type, and no longer carries Queen's Rocks as a wild hold item.
-Hiker Bailey (Route 46) should no longer have EX Ikus in his lineup.
-Several NPC dialogue fixes.

However, the much bigger highlight of this update is the inclusion of IdiotsOpposite's updated Touhoudex 0.91!  This update now provides details regarding base stats, wild hold items, EXP growth curves, and TM/HM compatability.

#60 2012-08-20 15:13:48

Kaede-chan
Post 10/13

Nicely done with that TouHoudex.

#61 2012-08-28 00:25:03

Peyelle
Post 2/7

I'm reporting a smalll issue-- My CHina evolved.. into CMeiling. I don't think this is supposed to happen. xD;

#62 2012-08-28 04:14:21

GeminiRage
Post 43/93

Just fixed it (was a hex typo in the evolution data).  Redownload the .IPS patch.

I'm also interested in any feedback regarding the overall difficulty of the hack.  As in, were there any points in the game where you felt like you had to grind in order to make progress, etc.?  It will give me a better idea of how the Kanto region should be scaled as I continue to work on it.

Finally, someone asked me if I was going to implement custom music into the hack.
Short answer: Not now
Long  answer: I want to implement this.  I really do.  There are several songs I've had in mind that I wanted to port over to this hack.  Sadly, I am not a music expert, I lack the abilities necessary to compose BGMs for video games.  If there is going to be custom music in this hack, I won't be the one making it.  So I'm looking for someone else, who actually has a talent for music composition, to attempt this.

Last edited by GeminiRage (2012-08-28 04:25:58)

#63 2012-08-28 04:31:41

IdiotsOpposite
Post 3/3

Kaede-chan wrote:

Nicely done with that TouHoudex.

Thank you. The only areas left now are egg moves and locations - which will be updated as I get the data for them, obviously. :P

Currently Working On: OV Touhoudex (Locations, Egg Moves)

#64 2012-08-28 23:40:24

Peyelle
Post 3/7

Another small thing-- Bug-catcher Arnie said there were a whole bunch of EFlandre on route 35. Hiker anthony keeps saying there are Etokiko in dark cave, too. I Found neither, though. This is probably the unfinished text editing though, now i think on it. But as far as difficulty, i'd say it's a tiny bit difficult? i only had to grind once, but that was because i had nothing that could really fight morty effectively.

Also, does Cyumemi only evovle during the day? I'm sure mine's happy enough to evolve, but it won't.

Last edited by Peyelle (2012-08-28 23:49:53)

#65 2012-08-29 05:45:12

GeminiRage
Post 44/93

Peyelle wrote:

Another small thing-- Bug-catcher Arnie said there were a whole bunch of EFlandre on route 35. Hiker anthony keeps saying there are Etokiko in dark cave, too. I Found neither, though.

Unfinished scripts, I'm not exactly sure how those sightings are actually handled, so at the moment, it sort of reads off whatever used to occupy those Pokedex slots.  EFlandre replaced what used to be Yanma, for example, ETokiko occupies Dunsparce's location, etc.  To give a quick list of the "Swarm" encounters that were intended to be reported:

Hiker Anthony: Chibi Mima (Dark Cave 1)
Bug Catcher Arnie: Chibi Tewi (Route 35)
Hiker Parry: Chibi Sakuya (Mt. Mortar 1)
Schoolboy Chad: Chibi Koishi (Route 38)
Fisher Ralph: Hoshizako (Route 32 fishing, this encounter might not be working...)
Fisher Wilton: Chibi Suwako (Route 44 fishing)

Peyelle wrote:

i'd say it's a tiny bit difficult? i only had to grind once, but that was because i had nothing that could really fight morty effectively.

His Youmu is probably the toughest in his lineup.  Since Dark counters most Ghosts, Youmu sort of turns the tables against them, being part-Steel.  Ghost/Steel is only weak to Fire, Ground, and other Ghosts.  Fire is the most effective way to defeat Youmu due to her poor Sp. Def.

Peyelle wrote:

Also, does Cyumemi only evovle during the day? I'm sure mine's happy enough to evolve, but it won't.

Correct, she only evolves in the daytime.

#66 2012-08-29 14:20:23

Peyelle
Post 4/7

Alright, the Touhoudex says Cutsuho evovles at 28, but mine has yet to evolve, and it's at level 32.. :x

Also, i've stopped progressing to evolve everything i own because i'm a special person like that.

:edit:

Wheeeeeee, i found two shinies in one night. :'D

:edit again:
Not to be annoying, but she just isn't evolving at all, and she's level  40 now.

Last edited by Peyelle (2012-09-01 23:00:09)

#67 2012-09-04 15:21:44

Kaede-chan
Post 11/13

How about a changelog for updated patches? That'd be awesome.

(If there is one already, just point me in that direction. Also, sorry)

#68 2012-09-04 21:16:38

GeminiRage
Post 46/93

I just updated the patch last night.  Turned out it was yet another typo in there; the evolution data read that she evolved at LV44 (2C) as opposed to LV28 (1C).  It has now been fixed.

I also added a new location for Chibi Flandre.

I'm probably not going to bother with a changelog until later.  Understand that when I first released the demo, there were a lot of issues that I ended up resolving quickly.  It was basically a time where I was constantly repatching the game every day for the first week or so.  While things have certainly calmed down more, stuff still pops up here any there.

If I do start a changelog, it means I'm actually changing things in the hack from what they used to be, such as editing Tohomon's moves and other attributes, modifying the encounter tables, adjusting trainer lineups, etc..  At this point, pretty much every patch update is still a bugfix one.

#69 2012-09-07 02:44:15

Peyelle
Post 7/7

Yay, utsuho is fixed! Found another problem though...

92ezU.png

Er, the backsprite for CYamame is messed up.

Last edited by Peyelle (2012-09-07 02:45:22)

#70 2012-11-01 19:00:13

Leo058
Post 1/2
Website

Just registered to say that I love you for this.

Sanae: "True nuclear fusion isn't meant to power hot springs. It's meant to be used to establish a self-sustaining energy source. Do you know where Gensokyo's energy comes from?"
Reimu: "From getting your three square meals a day."
Marisa: "And booze."

#71 2012-11-01 20:56:34

Kaede-chan
Post 12/13

@Leo058: Haha I know, right?

#72 2012-11-08 04:35:13

gaiaearth
Post 1/1

I have played it.
It's so good.
but, I saw some thing incorrect.
Why I buy CYoumu from game corner but tohodex show me that I got CMinoriko
after I check tohodex, It appear I got both CYoumu and CMinoriko.

#73 2012-11-23 17:36:32

2qe6647
Post 1/19

I have played it and i love it. I'm waiting for the full rom.
I got the 8 badges, and now I'm filling the touhoudex. I supose the legendaries (AVIVIT, satsuki, yorihime and toyohime, rinnossuke maybe) will be at kanto.

Maybe you could add them to the script of the roaming beast trio (when you talk to them in burned tower, they says "objet event")

Supossing that kirisame is a unique touhoumon as hakurei is, they can be at kanto too.

But i can't find yuyuko and kanako. the game says that kanako(sneasel) is at Mt. silver, but this route isn't edited yet.

Some bugs:(I deleted the base stats anomalies, they aren't real bugs)
-Chibi reisen learns faint attack instead of Invisible FM. I havent checked Reisen or Ex Reisen
-at route 32, when there is a "EEirin(qwilfish)" swarm, when you fish with old rod, the touhous are at LV 5, like in the original game (instead of 10), but iactually EEirin appears, also EMedicine(magikarp). With some chibi hina, but that's normal. And EMedicine hasn't any initial moves, maybe adding some would be nice, or deleting there.

With good rod appears hoshizako, but is a bit dissapointing that they're at Lv.20, you Lv up them, evolve, but dont learn any move because they're at 21. Maybe putting them at LV15 if it possible, or fixing it to appear with old rod.

-ETewi and Tei are swapped in the touhoudex, tewi evolves into Etewi with the stone, and evolves into Tei by level.

-the sprite of maribel appears a bit odd in the trainer card, some of the lines are like moved.

#74 2012-12-03 09:41:14

GeminiRage
Post 48/93

Since the hack has started picking up considerable attention lately (and a friend of mine is planning to Let's Play this very soon), I think it's about time I finally get around to finishing this up.  Can't say for certain how long it will take me to finish the rest of the hack, but I'm going to try and get back on track with this.

As to the comments.

gaiaearth wrote:

I have played it.
It's so good.
but, I saw some thing incorrect.
Why I buy CYoumu from game corner but tohodex show me that I got CMinoriko
after I check tohodex, It appear I got both CYoumu and CMinoriko.

Strange.  I should probably test the Game Corner prizes again (CYoumu replaced what was originally Sandshrew, who is now CMinoriko).

2qe6647 wrote:

I have played it and i love it. I'm waiting for the full rom.
I got the 8 badges, and now I'm filling the touhoudex. I supose the legendaries (AVIVIT, satsuki, yorihime and toyohime, rinnossuke maybe) will be at kanto.

Maybe you could add them to the script of the roaming beast trio (when you talk to them in burned tower, they says "objet event")

I asked some of the other hackers about the roaming pokemon scripts, and well... I didn't get much help.  It turns out most of the hackers don't even use roamers in their hacks to begin with, part of this reason being the degree scripting knowledge required to properly implement them in any hack where you have made an entirely different region.

All I was really trying to do was change the numbers of the original roamers to the new ones I'm using in this hack.

I do want to implement them, and you'll know when they're ready when I re-enable the Burned Tower event.

2qe6647 wrote:

Supossing that kirisame is a unique touhoumon as hakurei is, they can be at kanto too.

She'll be available somewhere in Kanto.

2qe6647 wrote:

But i can't find yuyuko and kanako. the game says that kanako(sneasel) is at Mt. silver, but this route isn't edited yet.

Chibi Yuyuko and Kanako are found in trees by headbutting.  Yuyuko in the "Forest" trees, Kanako in the "Mountain" trees.

They also appear in the special trees of these areas, which are randomly decided purely based on your Trainer ID.  I shouldn't need to explain how these work if you're familiar with them, just understand it will be completely random whether you find these two quickly or take forever to see them.  If you've ever tried looking for a Heracross or Pineco before in the original game, you should know what to expect.

2qe6647 wrote:

Some bugs:(I deleted the base stats anomalies, they aren't real bugs)
-Chibi reisen learns faint attack instead of Invisible FM. I havent checked Reisen or Ex Reisen

Gonna need to look into this myself.

2qe6647 wrote:

-at route 32, when there is a "EEirin(qwilfish)" swarm, when you fish with old rod, the touhous are at LV 5, like in the original game (instead of 10), but iactually EEirin appears, also EMedicine(magikarp). With some chibi hina, but that's normal. And EMedicine hasn't any initial moves, maybe adding some would be nice, or deleting there.

The fishing table was just oddly arranged when I found it, and I knew I probably screwed up somewhere when I was done with it.  I'm also pretty sure I missed the swarms too... In any case, there were never meant to be EX-Hinas appearing at such a low level, and there shouldn't be EX-Eirins in any body of water.

2qe6647 wrote:

With good rod appears hoshizako, but is a bit dissapointing that they're at Lv.20, you Lv up them, evolve, but dont learn any move because they're at 21. Maybe putting them at LV15 if it possible, or fixing it to appear with old rod.

I'll drop their level down to 15 as soon as I can find their data again in the fishing table.

2qe6647 wrote:

-ETewi and Tei are swapped in the touhoudex, tewi evolves into Etewi with the stone, and evolves into Tei by level.

Are you referring to the text file?  If so, I might need to look at that and fix it.  IO was responsible for assembling it, not me.  He's made a few mixups before, particularly with some learned moves that I later changed (i.e. Mega Punch into Shadow Punch).

2qe6647 wrote:

-the sprite of maribel appears a bit odd in the trainer card, some of the lines are like moved.

The Trainer Card sprite is odd like this; it looks normal in Tile Layer Pro, but in game there appear to be these lines.  Possibly because the original sprite may have been compressed.  I really should look this up more.

#75 2012-12-03 10:46:14

comet
Post 45/679

You may be interested to know that the roaming issue has been solved.

Board footer