Skeetendo

’Cause all games were better on the GBC

You are not logged in.

#26 2010-11-30 19:47:29

Miksy91
Post 191/2,339

Re: Pokémon Yellow Hack

Gambler Glitch - happens with each encountered trainer of trainer type Gambler.
The good thing is though that I can always change the Gamblers to something else :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGHF08QV6Kw

Last edited by Miksy91 (2010-11-30 19:49:06)

#27 2010-12-07 20:16:57

Miksy91
Post 193/2,339

I happened to put up another release which you can get here http://www.mediafire.com/?th9k7mpxlynbcoc
Besides, I fixed the bugs with Magikarp & Muk's evolutions datas which I don't think anyone of you noticed :DD
*One person reported me that magikarp never evolved so I checked it out

#28 2013-07-25 13:48:11

Pokemon_Master
Post 33/951
Website

Do you accept ideas ? I think that you should add the Orange Islands region. And I think that the player should receive the S.S Ticket after Elite Four from Prof Oak,so the player can go to Orange Islands by S.S Anne. And why don't add a PokéGear?

#29 2013-07-26 08:43:35

The Zororoaster
Post 8/28

Pokemon_Master wrote:

Do you accept ideas ? I think that you should add the Orange Islands region. And I think that the player should receive the S.S Ticket after Elite Four from Prof Oak,so the player can go to Orange Islands by S.S Anne. And why don't add a PokéGear?

These are not just ideas that you throw out offhandedly, each and every one of your suggestions would take weeks, months of hacking. There needs to be a reason to put them in the hack, and a hack like this doesn't need crazy, extensive new features.

I think a better question would be: Do you still have any interest in this project Miksy? I'm playing through it and it is actually pretty interesting as a difficulty hack. Hacking Pokemon Yellow for difficulty is pretty interesting because the game is already a lot harder without any starter options. Of course, that is only at the beginning.

"Pokemon is life, and to live is to play games."

#30 2013-07-26 08:52:57

Miksy91
Post 1,846/2,339

I haven't worked on this hack since late 2010 (or so like you can see from my comments here).

Though not re-starting, but improving this could be fun. Especially since now I've a pretty clear idea of how to implement everything and not just rely on built-in game mechanisms.

But I don't know - I probably won't come back to this since DE as itself is already more than enough I could handle. If I ever get that complete, I'd be more than happy.

#31 2013-07-26 08:56:10

The Zororoaster
Post 10/28

It would definitely be cool. Obviously DE is a HUGE project, and I doubt you would want to even think about other ROM hacks for awhile. Its always fun to look back and edit old work though. In a way that is what we are all doing on this forum, isn't it? :)

"Pokemon is life, and to live is to play games."

#32 2015-07-23 12:08:34

WAFFAHOUSE
Post 5/27

mind blown! wow so seeing how long ago all this was posted, have you come to any newer conclusions about hacking yellow? any newer tools come out that are more useful???/ any help is hreatly appreciated guys! thanks!!!!

#33 2015-07-23 12:13:28

WAFFAHOUSE
Post 6/27

Miksy91 wrote:

I haven't worked on this hack since late 2010 (or so like you can see from my comments here).

Though not re-starting, but improving this could be fun. Especially since now I've a pretty clear idea of how to implement everything and not just rely on built-in game mechanisms.

But I don't know - I probably won't come back to this since DE as itself is already more than enough I could handle. If I ever get that complete, I'd be more than happy.

dude I think we need to collaborate on a yellow project! ill do all the crap you don't want to lol just show me your ways!!!! id like to speak with you further about a few things... email me or Skype me dude I wnna shoot some ideas your way and so I can get you to tell me if theyre even possible on yellow version (which I deff agree with you, yellow seems like the hardest hack to make hahahahahaha)

thanks again\
waffa

email- waffahouse89@yahoo.com
Skype- waffahouse
twitter- @waffahouse_
IG- team_creepy_black

Board footer