Skeetendo

’Cause all games were better on the GBC

You are not logged in.

#26 2012-03-10 02:54:31

Green
Post 10/10

Re: Pokémon: Rival Version

TO EVERYONE WHO ACTUALLY CARES ABOUT THIS

Not to be an attention seeker, but I wanna tell everyone that since there's not a lot of interest from the people on this project, I have decided to use my time in something a lil' more productive. Not saying this hack is dead or anything, I'm still working on it, but not as hard as I used to. It's something I do when I'm bored, or when I feel like taking a break from my other project.
Thanks to everyone who supported this project. Right now I can't show screenshots since the tilesets are broken (I do know how to fix this, though. I'm replacing all the tilesets with new ones, adding new locations and whatnot.)
I recently learned scripting, so expect big changes here. Now Silver will steal Totodile (You can't pick your Pokémon, sorry) and there'll be new events. Some old events will be changed. The Team Rocket Admins from HG/SS will appear in this hack. Instead of Mt. Silver and the battle with Red, we'll find where Giovanni has been training, and we'll have to battle him. However, we will meet Red - and battle him, too - but he'll be somewhere else. Rematches with Gym Leaders, with Red, with the Elite Four, new challenges and new places to visit, I'M GOING NUTS WITH THIS.

It'll probably take a while to finish it. Making all the sprites, tiles by myself takes time. Wish me luck!

#27 2012-03-10 19:11:24

Miksy91
Post 810/2,339

Take all the time you need but don't cancel the hack :)
Anyway, I like the fact you've learned much since the last time you posted here. The new features sound good too.

#28 2012-03-12 01:14:25

PortgazHyde
Post 18/42

Green wrote:

Not to be an attention seeker, but I wanna tell everyone that since there's not a lot of interest from the people on this project, I have decided to use my time in something a lil' more productive. Not saying this hack is dead or anything, I'm still working on it, but not as hard as I used to. It's something I do when I'm bored, or when I feel like taking a break from my other project.
Thanks to everyone who supported this project. Right now I can't show screenshots since the tilesets are broken (I do know how to fix this, though. I'm replacing all the tilesets with new ones, adding new locations and whatnot.)
I recently learned scripting, so expect big changes here. Now Silver will steal Totodile (You can't pick your Pokémon, sorry) and there'll be new events. Some old events will be changed. The Team Rocket Admins from HG/SS will appear in this hack. Instead of Mt. Silver and the battle with Red, we'll find where Giovanni has been training, and we'll have to battle him. However, we will meet Red - and battle him, too - but he'll be somewhere else. Rematches with Gym Leaders, with Red, with the Elite Four, new challenges and new places to visit, I'M GOING NUTS WITH THIS.

It'll probably take a while to finish it. Making all the sprites, tiles by myself takes time. Wish me luck!

Sounds good :)
Hope u post the screenshot later

#29 2012-07-11 18:54:33

ANewAccountl
Post 1/1

I can't wait till this hack comes out! Keep up the work!

I made this account so I can patiently wait for Pokemon Rival Version.

#30 2013-04-22 10:34:39

DJSubHoofer
Post 6/12

Green wrote:

You have my attention!  While I understand that this isn't a high priority of yours, I still hope to hear something about the hack someday.  I wonder if I could even be of any assistance, though I know nothing of hacking!

Good luck!

#31 2013-06-02 12:51:54

pokemon2master123
Post 5/5

I have registered to wait for this rom rival version looks great keep it going

#32 2013-06-23 20:43:16

Fortuneman
Post 97/109

Green wrote:

Now Silver will steal Totodile (You can't pick your Pokémon, sorry) and there'll be new events. Some old events will be changed. The Team Rocket Admins from HG/SS will appear in this hack. Instead of Mt. Silver and the battle with Red, we'll find where Giovanni has been training, and we'll have to battle him. However, we will meet Red - and battle him, too - but he'll be somewhere else. Rematches with Gym Leaders, with Red, with the Elite Four, new challenges and new places to visit, I'M GOING NUTS WITH THIS.

COOL!

Last edited by Fortuneman (2013-06-23 20:46:05)

I'm Not active at romhacking anymore. Just coming here randomly to check out for updates for Crhistmas hack and Dark Future.

#33 2013-06-23 20:58:39

Mateo
Post 2,704/3,578

Green wrote:

... we'll find where Giovanni has been training, and we'll have to battle him...

Are you going with the way this was done in HG/SS, or a new way?

Board footer