Skeetendo

’Cause all games were better on the GBC

You are not logged in.

#1 2011-09-02 15:06:09

zhengwei
Member
Registered: 2011-08-18
Post 38/140

insert new item

Thanks a lot that many pepole help me.....
I has a new problem that I don't know...Could anybody help me?
I wants to insert a new item(means that doesn't exsit in game).....
This item uses for nothing but just for flag to check.....
I says more detail......If hiro gets all items in game(all NPC give the items ,and get all item balls, and get all hidden items)...Hiro talks with PRO. OKA...PRO. OKA gives a item named infinite item,and that item is just used for check.
Hiro gets that item,he enter any caves....something will be happened(that is solved by second part of script header)...

Offline

#2 2011-09-02 15:40:45

Miksy91
Member
Registered: 2010-10-16
Post 513/2,311

Re: insert new item

Why would you need a new item for that ?
You could also make it like this:
"Hey, what's this...I've got a phone call"
...
"Really, a rare pokemon has been seen in [cave] ?"
Bittable1 set [Bit]

Cave's script header:
checkbit1 [Bit]


Although, I don't see a point in the whole script because I feel like not many people would ever even see that event happen...

Last edited by Miksy91 (2011-09-02 15:41:31)

Offline

#3 2011-09-02 15:55:14

zhengwei
Member
Registered: 2011-08-18
Post 39/140

Re: insert new item

Miksy91 wrote:

Why would you need a new item for that ?
You could also make it like this:
"Hey, what's this...I've got a phone call"
...
"Really, a rare pokemon has been seen in [cave] ?"
Bittable1 set [Bit]

Cave's script header:
checkbit1 [Bit]


Although, I don't see a point in the whole script because I feel like not many people would ever even see that event happen...

Thanks a lot....
I inserts new item just for plot requiring...Do you know how to insert?

Last edited by zhengwei (2011-09-02 15:55:33)

Offline

#4 2011-09-09 12:19:21

zhengwei
Member
Registered: 2011-08-18
Post 40/140

Re: insert new item

Miksy91 wrote:

Why would you need a new item for that ?
You could also make it like this:
"Hey, what's this...I've got a phone call"
...
"Really, a rare pokemon has been seen in [cave] ?"
Bittable1 set [Bit]

Cave's script header:
checkbit1 [Bit]


Although, I don't see a point in the whole script because I feel like not many people would ever even see that event happen...

This item may be like mysterious egg at the beginning of game....Hiro obteined the item at MR. POKEMON's home....Do you know how to insert it????
I will insert this plot.......
Thanks very much....

Last edited by zhengwei (2011-09-09 12:19:49)

Offline

#5 2011-09-11 02:03:07

zhengwei
Member
Registered: 2011-08-18
Post 41/140

Re: insert new item

Miksy91 wrote:

Why would you need a new item for that ?
You could also make it like this:
"Hey, what's this...I've got a phone call"
...
"Really, a rare pokemon has been seen in [cave] ?"
Bittable1 set [Bit]

Cave's script header:
checkbit1 [Bit]


Although, I don't see a point in the whole script because I feel like not many people would ever even see that event happen...


Nobody could reply my question....I'm so sad....My question is so hard?

Offline

#6 2011-09-17 04:22:09

zhengwei
Member
Registered: 2011-08-18
Post 42/140

Re: insert new item

Miksy91 wrote:

Why would you need a new item for that ?
You could also make it like this:
"Hey, what's this...I've got a phone call"
...
"Really, a rare pokemon has been seen in [cave] ?"
Bittable1 set [Bit]

Cave's script header:
checkbit1 [Bit]


Although, I don't see a point in the whole script because I feel like not many people would ever even see that event happen...

I'm so disappointment and so sad..Maybe my question is so difficult..Instead that I wanted to use Miksy91's method....

Offline

#7 2011-09-17 06:49:02

Miksy91
Member
Registered: 2010-10-16
Post 528/2,311

Re: insert new item

Replace one of the Teru-Samas with a new item by changing its name and modifying its specifics.

Offline

#8 2011-09-17 08:15:45

zhengwei
Member
Registered: 2011-08-18
Post 43/140

Re: insert new item

Miksy91 wrote:

Replace one of the Teru-Samas with a new item by changing its name and modifying its specifics.

Could you say more detail???Inserting new item is hard to me....

Offline

#9 2011-09-17 11:34:36

Miksy91
Member
Registered: 2010-10-16
Post 529/2,311

Re: insert new item

Mateo has made an item editor, use it to change specifics of one of those teru-samas.

Offline

#10 2011-09-24 05:07:02

zhengwei
Member
Registered: 2011-08-18
Post 62/140

Re: insert new item

Miksy91 wrote:

Mateo has made an item editor, use it to change specifics of one of those teru-samas.

How should I modify dscription of teru-samas, name of teru-samas at 0x87....

Last edited by zhengwei (2011-09-24 05:12:41)

Offline

#11 2011-09-24 07:27:21

zhengwei
Member
Registered: 2011-08-18
Post 63/140

Re: insert new item

Miksy91 wrote:

Mateo has made an item editor, use it to change specifics of one of those teru-samas.

I think I has found the address...But the number of letters of description and name  of item are more than orignal.....How should I repoint it?

Offline

#12 2011-09-24 10:17:56

Miksy91
Member
Registered: 2010-10-16
Post 541/2,311

Re: insert new item

zhengwei wrote:
Miksy91 wrote:

Mateo has made an item editor, use it to change specifics of one of those teru-samas.

I think I has found the address...But the number of letters of description and name  of item are more than orignal.....How should I repoint it?

You "cannot" repoint the names of items because the game is told to load names for xx amount of iems in which the name of each item  ends with byte 50. Pointers lead to the descriptions of the items so you can easily make description, of any item you want, bigger.

Offline

#13 2011-09-24 10:36:26

zhengwei
Member
Registered: 2011-08-18
Post 65/140

Re: insert new item

Miksy91 wrote:
zhengwei wrote:
Miksy91 wrote:

Mateo has made an item editor, use it to change specifics of one of those teru-samas.

I think I has found the address...But the number of letters of description and name  of item are more than orignal.....How should I repoint it?

You "cannot" repoint the names of items because the game is told to load names for xx amount of iems in which the name of each item  ends with byte 50. Pointers lead to the descriptions of the items so you can easily make description, of any item you want, bigger.

What should I do for that?????

Offline

#14 2011-09-24 16:00:19

Miksy91
Member
Registered: 2010-10-16
Post 542/2,311

Re: insert new item

Read how gameboy pointers work.

Offline

#15 2011-09-24 17:38:34

zhengwei
Member
Registered: 2011-08-18
Post 67/140

Re: insert new item

Miksy91 wrote:

Read how gameboy pointers work.

I know how the gameboy pointers work...But I still don't know the location of pointer of item that points to description.

Last edited by zhengwei (2011-09-24 17:47:42)

Offline

#16 2011-09-25 05:17:02

zhengwei
Member
Registered: 2011-08-18
Post 68/140

Re: insert new item

Miksy91 wrote:

Read how gameboy pointers work.

I have solved the repointing of description of item......But name of item really can't repoint???

Offline

#17 2011-09-25 09:02:34

Mateo
Member
From: The Sims 4
Registered: 2009-11-25
Post 970/3,498

Re: insert new item

Item names are an array. If you want to use less characters than the item name already has, you will have to use a filler character to make it display only the shorter name. If you want to make it longer, other names will have to be made shorter. The best way to do that is to chop off the name of the nearest Teru-Sama item and manually fix the table up to that point. Its messy, but it's the way Gamefreak designed it. In Secrets and Rumours, where I was changing many item names, I just decided what they all would be in advance, and took the time to re-type the entire table, using "?" instead of "Teru-Sama" and including all of my new item names, such as "Oran Berry" instead of "Berry" and "Town Map" instead of one of the Teru-Sama's and the like.

Offline

#18 2011-10-07 05:45:45

zhengwei
Member
Registered: 2011-08-18
Post 79/140

Re: insert new item

Miksy91 wrote:

Why would you need a new item for that ?
You could also make it like this:
"Hey, what's this...I've got a phone call"
...
"Really, a rare pokemon has been seen in [cave] ?"
Bittable1 set [Bit]

Cave's script header:
checkbit1 [Bit]


Although, I don't see a point in the whole script because I feel like not many people would ever even see that event happen...

Could you tell me some unused Bit Number?
I used some Bit Number,but it was used by something in the game.

Last edited by zhengwei (2011-10-07 05:47:11)

Offline

#19 2011-10-14 15:51:58

zhengwei
Member
Registered: 2011-08-18
Post 80/140

Re: insert new item

Nobody can help me?

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB