Skeetendo

’Cause all games were better on the GBC

You are not logged in.

#1 2011-09-17 17:12:20

zhengwei
Member
Registered: 2011-08-18
Post 44/140

how many shiny unown are there in pokemon GS

I think this question was very stupid..But I'm serious that there are 26 types of unown in the game with the letter....And I tests the number of shiny unown with cheats code,as a result ,it always appears "V"...But I visited some website,that says there are two shiny unown("V" and "I")...I'm very puzzle ...Why it can't appears "I"?????

Offline

#2 2011-09-17 20:29:26

281/700

Re: how many shiny unown are there in pokemon GS

You might already know about DVs—each individual Pokémon has four random numbers, one each for Attack, Defense, Speed, and Special, ranging from 0 to 15 (thus, a 16‐bit integer will encompass all four DVs). Two Pokémon of the same species will probably have different DVs; higher DVs lead to higher stats.

A Pokémon’s shininess is determined by its DVs: bit 1 of the Attack DV must be set, and the other DVs must be equal to 0xA. Thus, there are eight valid combinations that lead to a shiny Pokémon.

Likewise, an Unown’s letter is based on its DVs. Bulbapedia has a description of the algorithm. If you take the eight vaild shiny Unown and calculate the letter, some will be ‘I’ and some will be ‘V’.

The reason you only see one with your shiny code is that the cheat forces only one of the eight DV combinations.

#3 2011-09-18 02:59:33

zhengwei
Member
Registered: 2011-08-18
Post 45/140

Re: how many shiny unown are there in pokemon GS

IIMarckus wrote:

You might already know about DVs—each individual Pokémon has four random numbers, one each for Attack, Defense, Speed, and Special, ranging from 0 to 15 (thus, a 16‐bit integer will encompass all four DVs). Two Pokémon of the same species will probably have different DVs; higher DVs lead to higher stats.

A Pokémon’s shininess is determined by its DVs: bit 1 of the Attack DV must be set, and the other DVs must be equal to 0xA. Thus, there are eight valid combinations that lead to a shiny Pokémon.

Likewise, an Unown’s letter is based on its DVs. Bulbapedia has a description of the algorithm. If you take the eight vaild shiny Unown and calculate the letter, some will be ‘I’ and some will be ‘V’.

The reason you only see one with your shiny code is that the cheat forces only one of the eight DV combinations.

I used this 010719D1(fight shiny pokémon) cheats code.....It always appears "V"....Could you tell me how to appear "I"???

Last edited by zhengwei (2011-09-18 03:00:04)

Offline

#4 2011-09-18 03:47:04

282/700

Re: how many shiny unown are there in pokemon GS

zhengwei wrote:
IIMarckus wrote:

You might already know about DVs—each individual Pokémon has four random numbers, one each for Attack, Defense, Speed, and Special, ranging from 0 to 15 (thus, a 16‐bit integer will encompass all four DVs). Two Pokémon of the same species will probably have different DVs; higher DVs lead to higher stats.

A Pokémon’s shininess is determined by its DVs: bit 1 of the Attack DV must be set, and the other DVs must be equal to 0xA. Thus, there are eight valid combinations that lead to a shiny Pokémon.

Likewise, an Unown’s letter is based on its DVs. Bulbapedia has a description of the algorithm. If you take the eight vaild shiny Unown and calculate the letter, some will be ‘I’ and some will be ‘V’.

The reason you only see one with your shiny code is that the cheat forces only one of the eight DV combinations.

I used this 010719D1(fight shiny pokémon) cheats code.....It always appears "V"....Could you tell me how to appear "I"???

Your code sets the “battle type” to 07. This is only used in‐game for the Red Gyarados, and has two effects that I know of:

  • Pokémon has DVs of EAAA (hence, always shiny)

  • You cannot flee

See the previous Shiny Pokémon thread for more info.

You probably want to set the DVs in your cheat code directly. Datacrystal says that the DVs are held at D0F5–D0F6 in memory, so your code would thus be 01XXF5D0 01YYF6D0, where XXYY holds the DVs you want.

#5 2011-09-18 05:04:31

zhengwei
Member
Registered: 2011-08-18
Post 46/140

Re: how many shiny unown are there in pokemon GS

IIMarckus wrote:
zhengwei wrote:
IIMarckus wrote:

You might already know about DVs—each individual Pokémon has four random numbers, one each for Attack, Defense, Speed, and Special, ranging from 0 to 15 (thus, a 16‐bit integer will encompass all four DVs). Two Pokémon of the same species will probably have different DVs; higher DVs lead to higher stats.

A Pokémon’s shininess is determined by its DVs: bit 1 of the Attack DV must be set, and the other DVs must be equal to 0xA. Thus, there are eight valid combinations that lead to a shiny Pokémon.

Likewise, an Unown’s letter is based on its DVs. Bulbapedia has a description of the algorithm. If you take the eight vaild shiny Unown and calculate the letter, some will be ‘I’ and some will be ‘V’.

The reason you only see one with your shiny code is that the cheat forces only one of the eight DV combinations.

I used this 010719D1(fight shiny pokémon) cheats code.....It always appears "V"....Could you tell me how to appear "I"???

Your code sets the “battle type” to 07. This is only used in‐game for the Red Gyarados, and has two effects that I know of:

  • Pokémon has DVs of EAAA (hence, always shiny)

  • You cannot flee

See the previous Shiny Pokémon thread for more info.

You probably want to set the DVs in your cheat code directly. Datacrystal says that the DVs are held at D0F5–D0F6 in memory, so your code would thus be 01XXF5D0 01YYF6D0, where XXYY holds the DVs you want.

Thanks a lot....The problem has been solved

Offline

#6 2011-09-18 06:36:10

zhengwei
Member
Registered: 2011-08-18
Post 47/140

Re: how many shiny unown are there in pokemon GS

IIMarckus wrote:
zhengwei wrote:
IIMarckus wrote:

You might already know about DVs—each individual Pokémon has four random numbers, one each for Attack, Defense, Speed, and Special, ranging from 0 to 15 (thus, a 16‐bit integer will encompass all four DVs). Two Pokémon of the same species will probably have different DVs; higher DVs lead to higher stats.

A Pokémon’s shininess is determined by its DVs: bit 1 of the Attack DV must be set, and the other DVs must be equal to 0xA. Thus, there are eight valid combinations that lead to a shiny Pokémon.

Likewise, an Unown’s letter is based on its DVs. Bulbapedia has a description of the algorithm. If you take the eight vaild shiny Unown and calculate the letter, some will be ‘I’ and some will be ‘V’.

The reason you only see one with your shiny code is that the cheat forces only one of the eight DV combinations.

I used this 010719D1(fight shiny pokémon) cheats code.....It always appears "V"....Could you tell me how to appear "I"???

Your code sets the “battle type” to 07. This is only used in‐game for the Red Gyarados, and has two effects that I know of:

  • Pokémon has DVs of EAAA (hence, always shiny)

  • You cannot flee

See the previous Shiny Pokémon thread for more info.

You probably want to set the DVs in your cheat code directly. Datacrystal says that the DVs are held at D0F5–D0F6 in memory, so your code would thus be 01XXF5D0 01YYF6D0, where XXYY holds the DVs you want.


Final question I want to ask you....When I encounte a shiny pokemon without any cheat code....Can I escape?

Offline

#7 2011-09-18 06:40:16

283/700

Re: how many shiny unown are there in pokemon GS

zhengwei wrote:

Final question I want to ask you....When I encounte a shiny pokemon without any cheat code....Can I escape?

Yes.

#8 2011-09-18 07:11:57

zhengwei
Member
Registered: 2011-08-18
Post 48/140

Re: how many shiny unown are there in pokemon GS

IIMarckus wrote:
zhengwei wrote:

Final question I want to ask you....When I encounte a shiny pokemon without any cheat code....Can I escape?

Yes.

I can escape from any shiny pokemon except Red Gyarados event???

Offline

#9 2011-09-18 07:28:33

Miksy91
Member
Registered: 2010-10-16
Post 530/2,306

Re: how many shiny unown are there in pokemon GS

As Marckus wrote:

Your code sets the “battle type” to 07. This is only used in‐game for the Red Gyarados, and has two effects that I know of:
•Pokémon has DVs of EAAA (hence, always shiny)
•You cannot flee

The assembly of battle type 07 sets the DVs of encountered pokemon to EAAA and makes it impossible to flee.


The script of Red Gyarados is the only script in the game which uses this battle type so yes, you can escape from any other battle.

Last edited by Miksy91 (2011-09-18 07:29:43)

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB