You are not logged in.
I cannot seem to get the exact data format for a .png that pokemontools wants.
I typically use imagemagick, and I'm converting all the pokemon crystal sprites to be readily used by pret.
This is the command so far
convert pkmn.png -background white -gravity south -colorspace gray -colors 4 -extent 56x56 +repage -flatten pkmn_output.png
but this ends up with garbled images in-game. I'm sure it has to do with me extending the image to 56x56, but I don't know how to fix it. I want every image to be 56x56, but now that I know this is a problem, I want to know exactly how to match pokemontools requirements for the .png's.
Does anybody have any idea? I can't find it on google.
I'm on linux btw, idk if imagemagick is available on windows. (convert command is from imagemagick)
Last edited by knuxyl (2018-02-24 05:02:07)
I have dug around this forum and noticed that pokemontools seems to actually be reading the baseStats file where it says sprite dimensions.
I thought this was ignored because it was after a commit initiator (a ;)
Anyways, I changed this to 77 for squirtle and squirtle sprite is now 56x56 but still no luck, it comes out not loading right, like the vertical tiles are not aligned correctly. weird though charmander was working fine before I changed it to 77 in its basestats file.
I searched through pokemontools source and I could not find anything that reference the basestats file excluding insert_text.py which doesn't do what I'm looking for.
Last edited by knuxyl (2018-02-24 11:57:30)
Well I couldn't figure out the exact cause, but I know what the problem is. I noticed it when thunar (file manager) was showing previews for the .png's when they were done converting, the extra white space was acting like it wasn't there, but when I opened it it would show it.
So what I did was just converted them to bmp once they were finished and then converted back to png. I now see the extra space in thunar's preview and it's working perfect in-game.