Skeetendo

’Cause all games were better on the GBC

You are not logged in.

#26 2017-09-01 10:12:33

UberMedic7
Member
From: Greece
Registered: 2013-07-25
Post 55/74

Re: Pokemon Patched Crystal Beta 1.0

SuperEgz wrote:

Hi, just looking through your changelog and it looks great! I have noticed that in game the text when setting up your clock labels the old times as morning, day and night. Is it just a graphical change or is this a glitch?

edit: I have noticed Nurse Joy still says Good Morning between 12pm and 1pm. Shouldn't 12 count as Day?

You are correct, i didnt really looked into these yet to be honest but it certainly goes on the to-do list. If there's anything else that seems off or not let me know, feedback is always welcome.

Offline

#27 2017-09-02 17:25:57

LusoTrainer
Member
Registered: 2015-05-06
Post 3/31

Re: Pokemon Patched Crystal Beta 1.0

I was looking for something like this, except only with the bugs/events fixed. No extra changes. Is there a chance to make a version like that available?

Offline

#28 2017-09-02 19:19:51

UberMedic7
Member
From: Greece
Registered: 2013-07-25
Post 56/74

Re: Pokemon Patched Crystal Beta 1.0

LusoTrainer wrote:

I was looking for something like this, except only with the bugs/events fixed. No extra changes. Is there a chance to make a version like that available?

This is what this hack does, nothing truly game changing is added, You can get the rom via the link in the OP.

Offline

#29 2017-09-02 22:18:18

LusoTrainer
Member
Registered: 2015-05-06
Post 4/31

Re: Pokemon Patched Crystal Beta 1.0

By 'no extra changes', I was referring to stuff like Gym rematches, time changes and ghost attacks. Are there any tools that allow me to revert those?

Offline

#30 2017-09-03 02:37:56

pagara123
Member
Registered: 2013-11-06
Post 118/118
Website

Re: Pokemon Patched Crystal Beta 1.0

ghost attack maybe it impossible for red and blue rom that have a ghost attack

Offline

#31 2017-09-03 09:00:59

UberMedic7
Member
From: Greece
Registered: 2013-07-25
Post 57/74

Re: Pokemon Patched Crystal Beta 1.0

LusoTrainer wrote:

By 'no extra changes', I was referring to stuff like Gym rematches, time changes and ghost attacks. Are there any tools that allow me to revert those?

The Gym rematches are totally optional and i decided to add this because i liked this feature in the remakes but it wasnt easy to actually rematch the leaders any time you wanted but here its available to you as soon as you defeat them. As for the other two changes, the time change or rather the time adjustment was done because as i said in the changelog i thought that the new one felt much more closer to the real world and it allows players to fully utilize all three parts of the day, as for ghost attacks at first i did the change to simply experiment but if you think about it its something good, considering ghost-types are special attackers in the first place. Like the time system, i'd like to refer to these as adjustments rather than changes, because they mostly improve on already existing features without altering the game to an extreme level.

Offline

#32 2017-09-03 10:10:25

LusoTrainer
Member
Registered: 2015-05-06
Post 5/31

Re: Pokemon Patched Crystal Beta 1.0

UberMedic7 wrote:
LusoTrainer wrote:

By 'no extra changes', I was referring to stuff like Gym rematches, time changes and ghost attacks. Are there any tools that allow me to revert those?

The Gym rematches are totally optional and i decided to add this because i liked this feature in the remakes but it wasnt easy to actually rematch the leaders any time you wanted but here its available to you as soon as you defeat them. As for the other two changes, the time change or rather the time adjustment was done because as i said in the changelog i thought that the new one felt much more closer to the real world and it allows players to fully utilize all three parts of the day, as for ghost attacks at first i did the change to simply experiment but if you think about it its something good, considering ghost-types are special attackers in the first place. Like the time system, i'd like to refer to these as adjustments rather than changes, because they mostly improve on already existing features without altering the game to an extreme level.

I understand why you made them, that's not in question. I was only asking if there's a simple way to revert those three changes back to as it was originally.

Offline

#33 2017-09-03 11:08:19

UberMedic7
Member
From: Greece
Registered: 2013-07-25
Post 58/74

Re: Pokemon Patched Crystal Beta 1.0

LusoTrainer wrote:

I understand why you made them, that's not in question. I was only asking if there's a simple way to revert those three changes back to as it was originally.

Well, not really everything is a fixed change, its a rom hack after all.

Offline

#34 2017-09-06 07:20:23

UberMedic7
Member
From: Greece
Registered: 2013-07-25
Post 59/74

Re: Pokemon Patched Crystal Beta 1.0

SuperEgz wrote:

Hi, just looking through your changelog and it looks great! I have noticed that in game the text when setting up your clock labels the old times as morning, day and night. Is it just a graphical change or is this a glitch?

edit: I have noticed Nurse Joy still says Good Morning between 12pm and 1pm. Shouldn't 12 count as Day?

Status update: The nurse text is correct, its not day until the time is 1pm so even 12:59 is considered as morning time in-game. As for the intro clock setting, yes that does show 12pm as day and such, therefore i'll look into a fix.

Offline

#35 2017-09-12 17:48:27

UberMedic7
Member
From: Greece
Registered: 2013-07-25
Post 61/74

Re: Pokemon Patched Crystal Beta 1.0

Did a few tweaks today, fixed Lugia and Ho-oh missing their signature moves due to which level they learn them, now both will have their signature moves while encountered.

Offline

#36 2017-09-13 02:38:58

Libaloob
New member
Registered: 2017-09-13
Post 1/2

Re: Pokemon Patched Crystal Beta 1.0

Hi, I've been playing the hack for a few hours but only just noticed this, in Union Cave.

Fire Totodile

Water pokemon and moves are being displayed as Fire, and Fire as ???.

Last edited by Libaloob (2017-09-13 02:44:34)

Offline

#37 2017-09-13 05:43:32

SuperEgz
New member
Registered: 2017-09-01
Post 2/8

Re: Pokemon Patched Crystal Beta 1.0

Libaloob wrote:

Hi, I've been playing the hack for a few hours but only just noticed this, in Union Cave.

https://puu.sh/xyqax/3cb4ad8339.png

Water pokemon and moves are being displayed as Fire, and Fire as ???.

hmm Working fine for me.

Offline

#38 2017-09-13 07:43:17

UberMedic7
Member
From: Greece
Registered: 2013-07-25
Post 62/74

Re: Pokemon Patched Crystal Beta 1.0

Libaloob wrote:

Water pokemon and moves are being displayed as Fire, and Fire as ???.

Awfully strange, considering Superegz's comment, will investigate though.

EDIT: Did a quick check in both my playthrough and playtest saves, yes totodile does get displayed as a fire type although both in the code and game still considered as a water type (checked both the code and pokedex) still weird how for one person is ok, looking for a fix as we speak.

EDIT 2: Did a few changes and everything shows up properly now, a hotfix has been applied so redownload the rom.

Last edited by UberMedic7 (2017-09-13 08:47:47)

Offline

#39 2017-09-13 09:31:21

Libaloob
New member
Registered: 2017-09-13
Post 2/2

Re: Pokemon Patched Crystal Beta 1.0

UberMedic7 wrote:
Libaloob wrote:

Water pokemon and moves are being displayed as Fire, and Fire as ???.

EDIT 2: Did a few changes and everything shows up properly now, a hotfix has been applied so redownload the rom.

That was fast! New rom is working perfectly, thank you.

Offline

#40 2017-09-13 09:40:02

UberMedic7
Member
From: Greece
Registered: 2013-07-25
Post 63/74

Re: Pokemon Patched Crystal Beta 1.0

Libaloob wrote:
UberMedic7 wrote:
Libaloob wrote:

Water pokemon and moves are being displayed as Fire, and Fire as ???.

EDIT 2: Did a few changes and everything shows up properly now, a hotfix has been applied so redownload the rom.

That was fast! New rom is working perfectly, thank you.

No problem, i'll try my best for this hack.

Offline

#41 2017-09-14 10:22:41

SuperEgz
New member
Registered: 2017-09-01
Post 3/8

Re: Pokemon Patched Crystal Beta 1.0

I noticed while looking through the github that in beta .01 you changed some graphics files. What was that?

Offline

#42 2017-09-14 13:29:41

UberMedic7
Member
From: Greece
Registered: 2013-07-25
Post 64/74

Re: Pokemon Patched Crystal Beta 1.0

SuperEgz wrote:

I noticed while looking through the github that in beta .01 you changed some graphics files. What was that?

This is a mystery to me too as i didnt actually do any graphical changes although i might turn on the "uncensored" sprites in the future.

Offline

#43 2017-09-14 23:33:18

SuperEgz
New member
Registered: 2017-09-01
Post 4/8

Re: Pokemon Patched Crystal Beta 1.0

UberMedic7 wrote:
SuperEgz wrote:

I noticed while looking through the github that in beta .01 you changed some graphics files. What was that?

This is a mystery to me too as i didnt actually do any graphical changes although i might turn on the "uncensored" sprites in the future.

ohhh yes, please do!

Offline

#44 2017-09-16 22:48:40

UberMedic7
Member
From: Greece
Registered: 2013-07-25
Post 66/74

Re: Pokemon Patched Crystal Beta 1.0

Here's a small poll for the few people out there who follow/play my hack. Nowdays i release patches somewhat frequently with small but significant changes, this is due to how sometimes im struggling with something yet i find a fix pretty easily or there's a thing or too i missed and need to be changed/fixed immidietly, but on the other hand im not sure if small patches in such a short time is good, so im asking you this. Would you prefer to keep things as is, meaning that i'll be releasing small yet frequent patches, or should i pile up things for bigger patches and hence take more time? And while we're on the topic, what do you guys want more as of right now? I was thinking of making seperate events for the Kanto legendaries in the overworld and maybe also change the way you acquire the remaining starters, i also thought of giving upgraded teams for the gym leader rematches or even have all Kanto leaders give you TMs but im not sure if this one fits with the vanilla nature of this hack, i also thought of adding additional rewards for completing the battle tower challenges, so here i am ask you which of this if not something else wanna see next?

Last edited by UberMedic7 (2018-01-20 21:33:03)

Offline

#45 2017-09-24 10:05:22

UberMedic7
Member
From: Greece
Registered: 2013-07-25
Post 67/74

Re: Pokemon Patched Crystal Beta 1.0

Yet another small patch. Some encounter and evolution enhancements along with a fix for belly drum.

Offline

#46 2018-01-20 20:55:39

LusoTrainer
Member
Registered: 2015-05-06
Post 6/31

Re: Pokemon Patched Crystal Beta 1.0

Any news on this?

Probably not going to happen, but I'll just reiterate that I'd love an exclusive bugfixed version of this hack.

Offline

#47 2018-01-20 21:28:39

UberMedic7
Member
From: Greece
Registered: 2013-07-25
Post 68/74

Re: Pokemon Patched Crystal Beta 1.0

LusoTrainer wrote:

Any news on this?

Probably not going to happen, but I'll just reiterate that I'd love an exclusive bugfixed version of this hack.

Im still alive, i just have neglected the project nowdays due to my own lazyness and other things but i am planning to make the big 1.0 release, to be quite honest only a handfull of fixes are needed by now as far as i recall. im also planning to make seperate unique events for each kanto legendary but that needs some look into it. Keep in mind that the hack is very playable and most infamous bugs are fixed and nothing will interfee with your experience, so i encourage you to grab it and play through it 'til 1.0 :)

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, this will surely motivate me and get me to work again. If you got any other questions go right ahead.

Offline

#48 2018-02-21 14:33:42

UberMedic7
Member
From: Greece
Registered: 2013-07-25
Post 72/74

Re: Pokemon Patched Crystal Beta 1.0

After a long time its finally here, version 1.0 beta is here, thanks to the great documentation of the folks behind crystal's disassembly more bugs have been fixed and other changes took place for the project to be more fleshed-out and up-to-date.

You can grab the latest release here https://github.com/UberMedic7/patched-c … s/tag/b1.0

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB