You are not logged in.
I'm starting to learn my way around the crystal disassembly and have been inputting various changes to then test in the game.
I got stuck at the point where I took pic files (Mawile from the Prism code) and tried to put them in Jinx's pic folder (after deleting Jinx's files).
The error I'm getting:
make -C tools/
rgbasm -o gfx/pics.o gfx/pics.asm
Section 'Pics 8' is too big (max size = 0x4000 bytes).
make: *** [Makefile:60: gfx/pics.o] Error 5
I read through some topics trying to find a solution, but nothing suggested seemed to work. I moved a pokemon out of Pics 8 into another section, but all the other sections seemed to overflow when I did that as well.
I also changed the data in base_stats for Jinx to
dn 7, 7
since the Prism code didn't have a .dimensions file, but that doesn't seem to have done anything.
I'm not sure if the files I took from Prism operate differently than the ones in pokecrystal, or if there's another size reference I'd need to change to let Mawile's files fit for Jinx?
Any help would be much appreciated!
In case you overlooked it, this part of that thread might help you, but the rest of that thread might as well.
Hacks Gameboy 8-bit music in Pokémon Gen I & II, composes 8-bit music in LSDJ and FamiTracker.
“God created the Earth, but the Dutch created the Netherlands.”
Thanks, I did overlook that thread. I may have found some information that could help me further in:
"I don't think space will be an issue for you, though. once you get the hang of putting things in new banks, you can just let the compiler Tetris it all into the gaps. For example:
SECTION "Map Scripts 39", ROMX
If there are any downsides to having a bunch of small dynamically-located sections, I haven't run into them. (Maybe it takes longer to compile, but so what.)"
I think I can use this to move the overflowing memory. Thanks for your help!
EDIT: Game freezes where Oak is introducing pokemon... Oops.
Last edited by arnypalmy (2017-10-30 23:46:25)
EDIT: Got it working but the animations are glitchy. Found this thread (https://hax.iimarckus.org/topic/6926/), but as I'm not building the animation myself, I don't believe the solution is the same, and I'm not sure one was found anyway. Since these animations work in Prism, I'm assuming I might need to make broader changes related to how the game reads animations.
Last edited by arnypalmy (2017-11-01 04:02:29)