Skeetendo

’Cause all games were better on the GBC

You are not logged in.

#551 2013-12-15 15:11:41

tekcoR
Member
From: Celadon City
Registered: 2010-10-16
Post 162/165

Re: Pokemon Grape

Pfffahahaha. Yeah, blame me for calling you out on your dumb actions. Let's take a look at the trees:

P0Oymlc.png

Yep, totally yours. Seems like creatorofchaos travelled through time and space to rip your tiles. You know, the point here is that you
a) are claiming the work of others as your own (I guess you took the tiles from the screenshots or you and him both found the same tileset on deviantart/spriters resource, whatever the point still stands) and
b) you are taking us for fools with claiming you got a demo which is a poor attempt to gather some attention. There are some people at TCRF/Unseen64/LostLevels who are craving for some beta footage.

You know, it's not the first time you're talking trash. I don't care/know about your real life problems, it doesn't justify your behaviour of a compulsive liar. And I'm not only picking on you; it could have been anyone who comes along with such ridiculous claims.


80C wrote:

By the way, teckor, don't you feel ashamed to consistely break my b***s

Nope.

80C wrote:

Stop smoke that w33d and start search and ask, I found most of my rare games and hacks this way.

http://betobaccofree.hhs.gov/health-eff … ng-health/
http://imageshack.us/a/img842/1245/ld1e.png
Those links look quite familiar.

Cool story bro.

Edit: Aww man, shouldn't have left the tab open for so long. Anyway, I know you're reading this.

Last edited by tekcoR (2013-12-15 15:14:16)


Cya

Offline

#552 2013-12-15 15:39:37

Pokemonking
Member
From: Sinnoh
Registered: 2013-04-13
Post 358/543
Website

Offline

#553 2013-12-15 17:40:43

80C
Banned
Registered: 2013-03-16
Post 1,247/1,257

Re: Pokemon Grape

jiangzhengwenjz wrote:

It seem's that the link was dead. Please update it. Thx.

Updated Link of the old version.

Bye.


I left this forum.

Offline

#554 2013-12-15 17:52:49

YORAMRW
Member
From: Dutchland.
Registered: 2013-03-29
Post 977/1,199
Website

Re: Pokemon Grape

I think 80C and tekcoR both need to calm down.

I mean, if you look from under in 80C's trees, you see a very light color, which is almost on the same places as the middle green color in the right trees. The only difference between the two trees is the roots. We can not be 100% sure which is the original one.

On the other side, if I am fair, it pisses me off that someone maybe has the Beta, but is just holding it for the public. We can also not be sure if 80C really has the demo or not. He COULD have it, because there were just Super Game Boys on that 1997 event with the Beta cartridges in it, and they were probably even sold to the people there.


Hacks Gameboy 8-bit music in Pokémon Gen I & II, composes 8-bit music in LSDJ and FamiTracker.

“God created the Earth, but the Dutch created the Netherlands.”

Offline

#555 2013-12-15 18:25:25

tekcoR
Member
From: Celadon City
Registered: 2010-10-16
Post 163/165

Re: Pokemon Grape

Silent_Hills.png

SV7Q1Q5.png

He doesn't have any access to the demo.


Cya

Offline

#556 2013-12-16 21:50:25

ShaneM
Member
From: United States (USA)
Registered: 2013-03-11
Post 263/287
Website

Re: Pokemon Grape

I'm not getting in the middle of this, but, couldn't there be different demo builds? Just because it's not the same as the photo by tekcoR doesn't necessarily make it fake, does it? (I'm implying that maybe they are different builds, if it's true.)

Last edited by ShaneM (2013-12-16 21:51:29)


I'm back. I'll try not to get as frustrated with stupid questions. People on my naughty list:

*Pokemon_Master
*Noizy
*lipun
*Spambots

Offline

#557 2013-12-17 14:16:45

YORAMRW
Member
From: Dutchland.
Registered: 2013-03-29
Post 978/1,199
Website

Re: Pokemon Grape

@ShaneM So you say they were possibly releasing screenshots during different times of the development..
However, I would really like to get that Beta. Maybe the best way of getting it is going to Japan and asking it themselves.


Hacks Gameboy 8-bit music in Pokémon Gen I & II, composes 8-bit music in LSDJ and FamiTracker.

“God created the Earth, but the Dutch created the Netherlands.”

Offline

#558 2013-12-17 16:23:00

ShaneM
Member
From: United States (USA)
Registered: 2013-03-11
Post 265/287
Website

Re: Pokemon Grape

TheMoneyOfTheWorld wrote:

@ShaneM So you say they were possibly releasing screenshots during different times of the development..
However, I would really like to get that Beta. Maybe the best way of getting it is going to Japan and asking it themselves.

First of all, Nintendo of Japan wouldn't just give it to you like that.

Second, yeah. Whether there is an available demo or not, the game would ALWAYS be changing that early in development. We could be talking a few different builds here, but we'll never know for sure unless Nintendo or Gamefreak releases that information. Anything else would be mere speculation.


I'm back. I'll try not to get as frustrated with stupid questions. People on my naughty list:

*Pokemon_Master
*Noizy
*lipun
*Spambots

Offline

#559 2013-12-17 16:43:15

YORAMRW
Member
From: Dutchland.
Registered: 2013-03-29
Post 980/1,199
Website

Re: Pokemon Grape

@ShaneM I know they won't just give it to me by asking, but maybe if I come with much money. (I'm a collector if I pay them for a beta ROM/cartridge)
And I am really sure they still have the Beta ROMs + ASM builds on their computers/databases. They don't just throw things like that away.

Last edited by YORAMRW (2013-12-17 16:47:00)


Hacks Gameboy 8-bit music in Pokémon Gen I & II, composes 8-bit music in LSDJ and FamiTracker.

“God created the Earth, but the Dutch created the Netherlands.”

Offline

#560 2013-12-17 16:54:54

ShaneM
Member
From: United States (USA)
Registered: 2013-03-11
Post 266/287
Website

Re: Pokemon Grape

TheMoneyOfTheWorld wrote:

@ShaneM I know they won't just give it to me by asking, but maybe if I come with much money. (I'm a collector if I pay them for a beta ROM/cartridge)
And I am really sure they still have the Beta ROMs + ASM builds on their computers/databases. They don't just throw things like that away.


Unless you are filthy rich, don't hold your breath. (They won't sell a Pokemon gen 2 beta for a few thousand, like you see on Ebay with other betas.) We are talking much, MUCH more. Not only that. They probably still won't sell it to begin with, knowing Nintendo.

To sum it up, that was a nice fantasy. But they are a business corporation. If they really released a beta, and someone dumped it, consider it one of the greatest achievements in dumping history.

Last edited by ShaneM (2013-12-17 16:56:20)


I'm back. I'll try not to get as frustrated with stupid questions. People on my naughty list:

*Pokemon_Master
*Noizy
*lipun
*Spambots

Offline

#561 2013-12-17 18:26:36

YORAMRW
Member
From: Dutchland.
Registered: 2013-03-29
Post 981/1,199
Website

Re: Pokemon Grape

@ShaneM If I will ever get that Beta, I will dump it from the cartridge and release it immediately.


Hacks Gameboy 8-bit music in Pokémon Gen I & II, composes 8-bit music in LSDJ and FamiTracker.

“God created the Earth, but the Dutch created the Netherlands.”

Offline

#562 2014-01-03 19:11:05

80C
Banned
Registered: 2013-03-16
Post 1,248/1,257

Re: Pokemon Grape

Download link fixed and updated to the last version avaiable.

Pokemon Grape Demo 2 Re-Release (December 25th 2013)


I left this forum.

Offline

#563 2014-01-08 19:34:06

80C
Banned
Registered: 2013-03-16
Post 1,249/1,257

Re: Pokemon Grape

Here's the .jar version of Pokemon Grape Demo 2 for mobile phones:

.JAR! Click Here

Every link was put and updated even here.
Everything needed here was accomplished, now I'm outta here for ever.


I left this forum.

Offline

#564 2014-01-18 14:55:16

80C
Banned
Registered: 2013-03-16
Post 1,251/1,257

Re: Pokemon Grape

80C wrote:

Download link fixed and updated to the last version avaiable.

Pokemon Grape Demo 2 Re-Release (December 25th 2013)

That link is  broken, use the following one instead:

Pokemon Grape Demo 2 Re-Release (December 25th 2013)

Here are a couple more screens just to let you know this hack goes on.

Pokemon Grape Pokemon Grape

Pokemon Grape Pokemon Grape


I left this forum.

Offline

#565 2014-01-18 19:19:06

Miksy91
Member
Registered: 2010-10-16
Post 2,051/2,348

Re: Pokemon Grape

You did not copy Sawakita's Wood, did you?
Sorry if I'm wrong by saying this, but it really looks like you could have just copied Sawakita's routines to your own hack. Even if you used them, you should definitely credit him for the work if it is his.

Last edited by Miksy91 (2014-01-18 19:19:39)

Offline

#566 2014-01-21 08:23:06

koolboyman
Member
Registered: 2010-10-16
Post 184/203

Re: Pokemon Grape

I was browsing through Grape's maps with a map editor because I was bored, and I found this gem on map 0x22.

I briefly played through it.  You have lots of potential, but I believe you need to do some serious growing up. Don't let it go to waste just because you don't get along with people. I don't really understand what all this drama is about, but whatever it is I believe it's not getting worked up.

2s9xies.png

Also, what is Gravel Town doing in your ROM? (I had to change the tileset in order to see it properly). If you're taking assets from other people's ROMs that's fine, but you should at least ask them if it's ok and give them proper credit.

2llmvls.png

(May edit later if I find more interesting stuff).

Last edited by koolboyman (2014-01-21 08:34:35)

Offline

#567 2014-01-21 09:14:00

80C
Banned
Registered: 2013-03-16
Post 1,252/1,257

Re: Pokemon Grape

No, all maps are original and done by me, I absolutely have no idea how that finished in there unless I messed up with importing the wrong map from the wrong ROM, probabilly that happened when I replaced map $0C with Pallet Town and then edited the whole stuff, probabilly I acidentally imported the map from Brown instead of Red since at the time (I mean january 2013) I was still figuring out either how you fixed the objects with index >$C9 (because there's a problem in Red for which moves names and Pokemon names are switched with TM names) and how you implemented extra tileset which then I figured out (adding sidescroll areas and GoldenRod tileset), at those very early beta stage I was still ignorant about 1st generation hacking and at first I looked a lot other hacks, that's why there's still some influence from Brown in the early parts of the game, then some months later I adopted my own style and the whole game changed.

About the map thanks, probabilly it's occuping a lot of space without I even noticed it (in my early stages the ROM was shock full of leftover data such as unused tables and unused maps, see Demo 1 as evidence, many tables were in there 2 times since I wasn't very good at hacking at that time).

As far as the sidescroll areas(from Prism) and the text border from G\S there's nothing else that is common to brown (and actually I've put some asm of mine so this is a whole different game, you know).

I consider KBM a sort of inspiration as well as ColosseumTranslation's Pokemon Aqua for ROM hacking, that's why at the time I was still unsure about my skills and I looked to other games as example because their hackers were better.

I didn't want to return here but I found unneccessary don't give an explanation to it.


About Easter Eggs... there were a lot about everything, good and evil and, by the way, nobody was even supposed to see it.


Everybody did dumb things about hacking, you know, the only good thing is that after time a person growhs up, continues with his work and realize good things, if there's something I've learnt is never judge by thje first impression, if I were appling the same criteria about that screen from 2000\2001 I were never supposed then to realize you created Prism, this is valid also for the screen you posted about the "Easter Egg".


I left this forum.

Offline

#568 2014-01-21 09:53:41

koolboyman
Member
Registered: 2010-10-16
Post 185/203

Re: Pokemon Grape

80C wrote:

No, all maps are original and done by me, I absolutely have no idea how that finished in there unless I messed up with importing the wrong map from the wrong ROM, probabilly that happened when I replaced map $0C with Pallet Town and then edited the whole stuff, probabilly I acidentally imported the map from Brown instead of Red since at the time (I mean january 2013) I was still figuring out either how you fixed the objects with index >$C9 (because there's a problem in Red for which moves names and Pokemon names are switched with TM names) and how you implemented extra tileset which then I figured out (adding sidescroll areas and GoldenRod tileset), at those very early beta stage I was still ignorant about 1st generation hacking and at first I looked a lot other hacks, that's why there's still some influence from Brown in the early parts of the game, then some months later I adopted my own style and the whole game changed.

I believe you and all, but further looking into the ROM I noticed a lot of data was inherited from Pokemon Brown. The types, the TM list, the moves (The indexes I blanked out pretty much match mine) and you used the Noise Pulse move as well, the items, and I'm sure the list goes on of data that was copy/pasted from Brown into your hack.

I can understand taking inspiration from other people (I did), but when I notice stuff like the Star Piece's index in Grape matching up exactly with the Star Piece's index in Brown, it leads me to believe that you're not really understanding what makes a ROM hack unique. Brown became popular because it was extremely different from your standard Pokemon hack at the time. Most were just graphic edits and minor changes, but Brown did something that no other hack at the time did. This about it, what if Brown back in 2004, simply did what the most notable Pokemon hacks at the time did? By sticking this closely to Brown, I believe you're holding back on Grape's true potential.

I'm not going to stop you from taking stuff from Brown, it's a fan game after all. I'm just saying you should take more risks when developing your hack and try to do things that nobody in the Pokemon hacking community has done before.

80C wrote:

About the map thanks, probabilly it's occuping a lot of space without I even noticed it (in my early stages the ROM was shock full of leftover data such as unused tables and unused maps, see Demo 1 as evidence, many tables were in there 2 times since I wasn't very good at hacking at that time).

I really didn't know what I was doing the first time I put in new maps, I just copied a bunch of crap from Gravel and tried to build it from there. Try to figure out a cleaner way to add new map IDs than I did.

80C wrote:

I didn't want to return here but I found unneccessary don't give an explanation to it.

I really see no reason for you to leave. This is a good community, you just don't get along with a few people here.

Also the caves don't bother me. I used the tiles from another game myself. I believe you did give me credit for that anyway.

80C wrote:

About Easter Eggs... there were a lot about everything, good and evil and, by the way, nobody was even supposed to see it.

I don't understand the point of putting stuff in there if nobody is supposed to see it.

80C wrote:

Everybody did dumb things about hacking, you know, the only good thing is that after time a person growhs up, continues with his work and realize good things, if there's something I've learnt is never judge by thje first impression, if I were appling the same criteria about that screen from 2000\2001 I were never supposed then to realize you created Prism, this is valid also for the screen you posted about the "Easter Egg".

That's why I said I believe you have potential but you need to do some growing up. I needed to when I made that stupid hack.

Like I said, just try to rethink your approach when making this hack.

Last edited by koolboyman (2014-01-21 10:01:08)

Offline

#569 2014-01-21 11:28:53

80C
Banned
Registered: 2013-03-16
Post 1,253/1,257

Re: Pokemon Grape

koolboyman wrote:

That's why I said I believe you have potential but you need to do some growing up. I needed to when I made that stupid hack.

Like I said, just try to rethink your approach when making this hack.

Okay, I know what you mean, okay I'll satisfy you right now: I stop this hack.

I know, this hack may represent a problem for the overshading popularity of Pokemon Brown since Grape it's one of the very few hacks that closely arrives at the same level of Pokemon Brown and I know you've put all these post to damage me so I leave because I'm tored of people that only hate my hack.

I'll return to dedicate to hack 3D Games as I did previously, in that contest nobody will judge me because there's no supremacy over other hackers unlike here where one did a hack 10 years ago and since then now nobody else coul do another hack because then it's canned since its hacker isn't a 1337.

I quit.


I left this forum.

Offline

#570 2014-01-21 11:34:04

koolboyman
Member
Registered: 2010-10-16
Post 186/203

Re: Pokemon Grape

80C wrote:
koolboyman wrote:

That's why I said I believe you have potential but you need to do some growing up. I needed to when I made that stupid hack.

Like I said, just try to rethink your approach when making this hack.

Okay, I know what you mean, okay I'll satisfy you right now: I stop this hack.

I know, this hack may represent a problem for the overshading popularity of Pokemon Brown since Grape it's one of the very few hacks that closely arrives at the same level of Pokemon Brown and I know you've put all these post to damage me so I leave because I'm tored of people that only hate my hack.

I'll return to dedicate to hack 3D Games as I did previously, in that contest nobody will judge me because there's no supremacy over other hackers unlike here where one did a hack 10 years ago and since then now nobody else coul do another hack because then it's canned since its hacker isn't a 1337.

I quit.

What are you even talking about? This has nothing to do with popularity or whether this will be more popular than my hack or not. I'm saying if you tried your own approach you could definitely make something better and more popular than Brown. In fact, I encourage people to do better than me, I just believe you should do it your way.

Seriously, I gave you an opinion on your hack and you decide to ragequit just because I don't completely agree with your goal?

Last edited by koolboyman (2014-01-21 11:35:41)

Offline

#571 2014-01-21 13:03:36

Danny-E 33
Administrator
Registered: 2012-06-09
Post 719/1,199

Re: Pokemon Grape

80C wrote:

I'll satisfy you right now: I stop this hack.

80C wrote:

this hack may represent a problem for the overshading popularity of Pokemon Brown

80C wrote:

I know you've put all these post to damage me

You are mistaken, 80C. Koolboyman's words are not to damage you, they are to help you.

He doesn't want you to stop this hack, he just wants you to be more independent and mature (qualities that are good for anyone).
He isn't bothered by Grape getting attention. He never said that.

People here only ever try to help you. You have only managed to push us away.

Offline

#572 2014-01-21 16:28:29

ShantyTown
Member
Registered: 2013-12-04
Post 22/344

Re: Pokemon Grape

80C, you're doing some great work with Grape Version.  You have to understand that people here enjoy the work that others do related to Pokemon hacking.  One of the reasons I decided to keep working on Maize Version is because I saw how far Grape was progressing, and I was hoping I could develop Maize alongside it so that there would be a few more Gen 1 hacks for people to play.  I'm not alone when I say that want to see Grape version completed.

Also, this should all be fun!  That's what ROM hacking is all about.

Offline

#573 2014-01-21 17:34:13

Hat
Member
Registered: 2013-02-04
Post 93/118

Re: Pokemon Grape

"Thin-skinned" comes to mind here. There's no room for constructive criticism. Calling members racists; faggots; and generally swearing doesn't help anyone.

To be honest this hack isn't my cup of tea, which is why I haven't commented here much. This is mostly due to newer generation content which doesn't really interest me. The same could be said for other hacks, not just this one.

It's still interesting, from observing rather than playing, to see 80C's skills improve and the direction he takes Grape. He's learned quite a lot during a year. Whatever my opinion, this hack clearly has followers. Whatever it's popularity in relation to other hacks.

Offline

#574 2014-01-21 17:35:32

pokeglitch
Member
Registered: 2013-02-20
Post 19/95

Re: Pokemon Grape

80C,  alienating the only community that could help you with this game (and has been a major resource the entire way) is only going to hurt you.

There is nothing wrong with using/building upon someone else's ideas and work as long as they approve it and are given proper credit for it.  It seems like you have been caught stealing work without giving credit, but instead of being remorseful and acknowledging the authors whose work you copied, you got defensive and are trying to play the victim.  I'm sure you wouldn't like it if someone tried to take credit for all of the work you've done for this game.

Another reason to give credit for the parts you copy is because once it was found that you lied about being the creator of one aspect of the game, people will begin to doubt the authenticity of every other component to the game.

Koolboyman's posts aren't damaging your reputation, you're doing that on your own.

Offline

#575 2014-01-21 19:07:55

Scratt
New member
Registered: 2014-01-19
Post 1/1

Re: Pokemon Grape

pokeglitch wrote:

Koolboyman's posts aren't damaging your reputation, you're doing that on your own.

This is true.
I believe he encourage people to make something better and more popular than Brown.
December 27th, 2010 Pokemon Violet (Skeetendo thread) Coolboyman wrote:

Glad to see you're still working on this hack. Keep it up, I'm pretty sure it'll end up being better than Brown.

May 12th, 2011 Pokemon Wood (PokéCommunity thread) Coolboyman wrote:

Official statement: This hack will be better than my Pokemon Brown if completed.
I'm very proud of you and everyone who is pushing ROM hacking forward while I'm busy with other stuff. Keep it up.

@80C You need to stop taking things so damn personally. Calm down, reread what pokeglitch wrote. He's got a point there.

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB