Skeetendo

’Cause all games were better on the GBC

You are not logged in.

#1 2010-10-23 05:09:04

43/703

Server move

All right, everything should be settled.

There still may be some fallout from the conversion. Let me know if you see any of the following:

  • Garbled BBcode

  • Garbled HTML (<foo bar=BAZ><TR><td/>)

  • Posts that cut off in the middle of a sentence or word

Yes, I know post dates are wrong. This will probably not be fixed, except maybe the last post dates for recent threads. Any new posts from now on will have the right dates.

#2 2010-10-27 11:02:13

Masterge77
Member
From: Sandshore Town, Ameria Region
Registered: 2010-10-16
Post 82/93
Website

Re: Server move

I liked the old forums better, because you could have avatars and signatures, here, you don't have them and it makes the forum look bland and boring.....


[img]http://p.gpxpl.us/qPTY.png[/img]
CLICK MY ROBOT POKEMON ARMY OR ELSE

Offline

#3 2010-10-27 13:26:44

46/703

Re: Server move

You can add an avatar and signature—go to your profile and click the "Personality" tab.

#4 2010-10-28 00:29:10

Gamer2020
Member
Registered: 2010-10-16
Post 43/53

Re: Server move

I like this forum a little better. Question: is CSS supported?

Offline

#5 2010-10-28 03:32:14

48/703

Re: Server move

Gamer2020 wrote:

Question: is CSS supported?

No.

#6 2010-10-28 16:38:58

Masterge77
Member
From: Sandshore Town, Ameria Region
Registered: 2010-10-16
Post 83/93
Website

Re: Server move

IIMarckus wrote:

You can add an avatar and signature—go to your profile and click the "Personality" tab.

Yes, but the avatar can only be 60 x 60 Pixels, and the signature can only be 400 characters long, when the ond forum required 2000 characters for signatures and 100 x 100 avatars, I hate to use things other than my avatar and just use a regular icon.....

.....Oh, and you can't have pictures in your signatures, and that really sucks, in fact, the new forum is horrible, there is a style changer, but almost all the styles look exactly the same, jsut with different colored letters, I want to go back to the old forum.....

Last edited by Masterge77 (2010-10-28 16:41:53)


[img]http://p.gpxpl.us/qPTY.png[/img]
CLICK MY ROBOT POKEMON ARMY OR ELSE

Offline

#7 2010-10-28 17:14:50

Sawakita
Administrator
Registered: 2010-10-16
Post 44/365

Re: Server move

Come on, stop annoying everyone, who cares to the aesthetics of the site, and you shouldn't too (by the way I really like the fact that we can have a dark background, that is easy on my eyes).

What really matters is the content of the site, but it seems that you aren't here for constructive purposes, just waste administrators' time and your time.

Offline

#8 2010-10-28 17:27:00

Gamer2020
Member
Registered: 2010-10-16
Post 44/53

Re: Server move

Sawakita wrote:

Come on, stop annoying everyone, who cares to the aesthetics of the site, and you shouldn't too (by the way I really like the fact that we can have a dark background, that is easy on my eyes).

What really matters is the content of the site, but it seems that you aren't here for constructive purposes, just waste administrators' time and your time.

My question was actually legitimate as I wanted to update the thread for my hack...

Offline

#9 2010-10-28 17:32:29

Sawakita
Administrator
Registered: 2010-10-16
Post 45/365

Re: Server move

@Gamer2020: My reply wasn't directed to you, but to that Masterge.. I see, if you contribute and produce something I agree with you that you're legitimate to ask for an improvement.

Offline

#10 2010-10-28 19:32:36

tekcoR
Member
From: Celadon City
Registered: 2010-10-16
Post 26/165

Re: Server move

Masterge77 wrote:
IIMarckus wrote:

You can add an avatar and signature—go to your profile and click the "Personality" tab.

Yes, but the avatar can only be 60 x 60 Pixels, and the signature can only be 400 characters long, when the ond forum required 2000 characters for signatures and 100 x 100 avatars, I hate to use things other than my avatar and just use a regular icon.....

.....Oh, and you can't have pictures in your signatures, and that really sucks, in fact, the new forum is horrible, there is a style changer, but almost all the styles look exactly the same, jsut with different colored letters, I want to go back to the old forum.....

Uhm, 100x100 avatars are possible and I think the old Skeetendo style wasn't very special, imo Oxygen and Technetium looks kind of similar to the old board.

Btw, I like the new board. Simple and it focus on the most important aspect: Pokemon hacks. (just like the old Skeetendo ^^")


Cya

Offline

#11 2010-10-29 01:59:57

50/703

Re: Server move

Masterge77 wrote:

Yes, but the avatar can only be 60 x 60 Pixels, and the signature can only be 400 characters long, when the ond forum required 2000 characters for signatures and 100 x 100 avatars, I hate to use things other than my avatar and just use a regular icon.....

But how many characters do you actually need? I notice that your signature on the old board was only 204 characters long.

I really hope people here care more about the actual content of posts than the cute pictures around the posts.


Looking at it again, the old board also had a limit of 400 characters, not 2000.

Last edited by IIMarckus (2010-10-29 03:16:01)

#12 2010-10-31 03:53:43

Mateo
Member
From: The Sims 4
Registered: 2009-11-25
Post 311/3,578

Re: Server move

I support the server move as well (obviously).

Masterge77, I really feel like you are basically just complaining because this board is new, and it is a bit different than the old boards. Sure it will take a little bit of adjusting, but it will be better in the long run.

It reminds me of how I felt in the early 2000s when we got a new computer and I got this new thing called "Windows XP" I was initially like "this is crap, I don't know what any of this is" etc. And it turned out to be just as legit, but more stable and I still use it today because it was better in the long run and supported more stuff (for example not having weird bugs when you add more ram and things for example)

Basically what it comes down to is, please stop complaining just because it is new and take a little time to adjust to it. Believe me, it is for the best.

Offline

#13 2011-05-12 11:35:50

Sawakita
Administrator
Registered: 2010-10-16
Post 115/365

Re: Server move

I'm not sure if the question fits the topic but: would it be possible to implement the spoiler tag in this forum?
Thanks in advance for the answer

Offline

#14 2011-05-13 03:13:09

195/703

Re: Server move

Sawakita wrote:

I'm not sure if the question fits the topic but: would it be possible to implement the spoiler tag in this forum?
Thanks in advance for the answer

I won’t say no, but will say probably not. It’s definitely not a priority.

#15 2011-06-16 03:55:55

Cloud
Member
Registered: 2010-12-18
Post 263/302

Re: Server move

I think we need a Thanks button on each post. So, people can thanks a useful or helpful post. What do you think sir?

Offline

#16 2011-06-16 05:16:54

Mateo
Member
From: The Sims 4
Registered: 2009-11-25
Post 720/3,578

Re: Server move

A thanks button would be handy, I like the idea. Up to IIMarckus though as he runs the server.

Offline

#17 2011-06-17 05:53:43

220/703

Re: Server move

I am unlikely to code new features into the board without significant motivation.

That is not “no,” only “don’t hold your breath.”

#18 2012-11-29 02:09:55

nalian
New member
Registered: 2012-11-29
Post 1/1
Website

Re: Server move

There are some fallout from the conversion.

Offline

#19 2012-11-29 02:16:28

568/703

Re: Server move

nalian wrote:

There are some fallout from the conversion.

Then post a link.

#20 2012-12-06 12:53:56

Tauwasser
Member
Registered: 2010-10-16
Post 325/452

Re: Server move

Hmm, just wanted to tell you that I think you're having DNS issues, or something similar... I cannot connect to you from Germany any more since about a week, it just times out. I have to use a proxy right now...

cYa,

Tauwasser

Offline

#21 2012-12-06 15:01:33

572/703

Re: Server move

Tauwasser wrote:

Hmm, just wanted to tell you that I think you're having DNS issues, or something similar... I cannot connect to you from Germany any more since about a week, it just times out. I have to use a proxy right now...

cYa,

Tauwasser

Do you have a German proxy I can test with?

Are you sure it’s DNS and not something else? (I.e., can you access the site by messing with your hosts file?)

The server doesn’t allow direct connection by IP address, but here are some IPs: 208.94.116.17 208.94.116.141 208.94.117.110

#22 2012-12-06 23:58:50

Tauwasser
Member
Registered: 2010-10-16
Post 326/452

Re: Server move

Well, I played with the hosts file for a while. Loaded for 10 mins in Firefox and Internet Explorer and nothing.

However, I think that my provider might have blocked this site specifically. There are other people experiencing much of the same issue with other sites. I tried some of their links and they behave the same way when I try to connect. So I think this might be it.

Sorry to have bothered you. Way yo go to piss of a German provider so much that he decided to block this little forum, by the way ;)

cYa,

Tauwasser

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB